• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom & Son Going Back with Dad + 1 - 10/3 - Rose & Crown and now Complete!

Your sundaes have me kicking myself for not visiting Ghirardelli on my last 3 trips to Disney World. The sea salt caramel one was heavenly when I tried it in December 2013. :cloud9:

It rained most of the day so we stayed in DTD rather than go to the MK. Initially we were going to have an early-ish dinner at The Plaza. I made the decision to accept the cancellation fee and just keep shopping! (We were never charged the fee?!). We wandered by the new Joffrey's Tea Shop and decided to stop in. So glad we did!

It was like a candy shop with tea!

Jay had some kind of Hot Toddy type drink with Baileys. It was recommended that he add honey ...

I had an absolutely delicious root beer tea latte. So good I bought some of the tea leaves to try to make it at home!

Our server was an absolute hoot! She made the experience for us!

This was "pouring" Julia's tea after it steeped. Would love one of these pots!

The two flavors I brought home ...

Bonus family shot!

I am going to share Julia's pictures in the next post ....

Here are a few of Julia's pictures. I am sorry to say that I do not remember what kind of teas they had.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33%3B%3A3%3Enu%3D32%3C8%3E344%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3Di9d8if5g09e2g%2F7%3B%3Ag0%3A4dh%2F%3Cgfd485474%3Bfot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3638%3B%3Enu%3D32%3C8%3E344%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3gf%3A%3Bdf508%3Bf8%2F74f30c9h%3B%2F%3Bg3hif%3Age29eot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37%3B79%3Enu%3D32%3C8%3E344%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3Ddef8g79608hg%3A%2F73fd0d686%2F639%3Bg9e9796dot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A%3B%3A6%3Enu%3D32%3C8%3E344%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3Dhce4%3Ch6d0489i%2F7%3A%3B90%3B72d%2F%3A%3Ade%3A4i248h2ot1lsi

I think this may be the one Julia had ...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C783%3Enu%3D32%3C8%3E344%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3Dege6d%3A7%3B0cdg4%2F7f8e0d3gf%2F83hc565ei856ot1lsi

This was a very fun experience. I am very glad we took the time to stop!

This was really a fun experience.

Jeffrey's looks like a fun experience, especially with the spirits they can include ; )

Can't wait to go to this place, I've recently discovered a new love for tea (other than Lipton's ) LOL

I can't wait to try some Joffrey's tea! I'm a big fan of iced tea, but it looks like they only have sweetened iced tea so I guess i'll try the hot types. I will definitely be coming out of that store $200 short - I just bought an iced tea pitcher from Teavana so i'm obsessed with teas now.

I'm so excited to be reading another one of your reviews!!!!!! :goofy:

Thank you so much!!

Jeffrey's looks like a fun experience, especially with the spirits they can include ; )

I don't remember how many of the drinks offered alcohol - I am thinking only one or two.

Can't wait to go to this place, I've recently discovered a new love for tea (other than Lipton's ) LOL

LOL! I was just talking to a woman I work with that is from England and she said that she doesn't even consider Lipton's as being actual tea! I can't help but wonder what she would think of this place.

I can't wait to try some Joffrey's tea! I'm a big fan of iced tea, but it looks like they only have sweetened iced tea so I guess i'll try the hot types. I will definitely be coming out of that store $200 short - I just bought an iced tea pitcher from Teavana so i'm obsessed with teas now.

They did have iced teas and most of the flavored teas were not sweet. I don't drink sweet tea as a rule (although my latte was sweetened). We were damp from the rain and being in the A/C we all felt like hot teas. Definitely going to search for that Teavana pitcher!

Following along! :stitch:

Welcome!

So happy you started your reviews, the salad does look nice and refreshing, yummo

Thanks! It was really tasty!

Wow, that room is so cute!

Love. love, loved the suite! Wish I could justify staying there next trip!

Love the AoA rooms. Looks like LoF was a great way to get your first Disney food on. Can't wait for more.

The theming is so amazing! And LoF is definitely worth a stop even if not staying at AoA

Yum! Those sundaes look great! I'll be following along with the rest of your trip! :)

I may or may not be salivating looking at those ice cream pictures!!! Holy cats those look amazing, and I just finished a tasty dinner and am enjoying a glass of wine!

Your Ghirardelli sundaes look amazing! Sorry you brought sickness back with you from your trip but glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2

You got it, no words necessary ; )

Ghiardellis is soooooo good! Finally feeling a bit better from the 'sick'. Two weeks today - I am ready for it to be over!

Your sundaes have me kicking myself for not visiting Ghirardelli on my last 3 trips to Disney World. The sea salt caramel one was heavenly when I tried it in December 2013. :cloud9:

First no wontons at Y&Y, now no stop for sundaes! Not sure what's happening to you Barb!

That sounds like a very stressful start to your vacation!

Ghirardelli looks delicious, as always. Joffrey's looks way more interesting than I expected, I will have to check it out next time I am in DTD.

They did have iced teas and most of the flavored teas were not sweet. I don't drink sweet tea as a rule (although my latte was sweetened). We were damp from the rain and being in the A/C we all felt like hot teas. Definitely going to search for that Teavana pitcher!

So some of those flavored iced teas weren't sweetened? Great! I'm trying to save my sugar intake for Ghirardelli and Erin McKenna's ;)

The iced tea pitcher at Teavana was actually a set I bought on sale! Regular $80 and got it for $45 :thumbsup2 It was the pitcher, rock sugar pack (which I threw out), 4 packs of tea flavors, and 4 canisters to store them in. Great deal!

Our original plan for Saturday was to hit the MK, see the new parade and have an early dinner at The Plaza. With our late flight and the pouring rain we decided to hit DTD but still planned to return to the MK and The Plaza. As the day wore on, DS and I made the call to say in DTD for dinner. I was willing to deal with the cancelled ADR charge (although to date we have not been charged). He really wanted to go to Paradiso 37 but they were not taking walkups. So I got on my phone to see what was available. We decided to try someplace new that I had never really read a good review of ... Bongo's Cuban Café.

Since this is so rarely reviewed, I took pictures of both the food and drinks menus ...

[/URL

[URL=http://s265.photobucket.com/user/vs6191/media/Walt%20Disney%20World%202015/DSCN0395_zps87dwas2l.jpg.html]

There was entertainment - this woman sang during the meal

For appetizers we shared the Cuban Combo and of course I had to take home one of those Bongo glasses. I had a mojito ...

And Jay's drink ... I don't remember which drink this was ....

Close up of the appetizer combo ...

We also ordered empanadas to share

And the inside ...

We all really enjoyed the appetizers. The crispy pork bites were my favorite - nice and salty and good dipped in the sauce that came with the empanadas. I wasn't a huge fan of the plantain chips with the black bean hummus but Julia enjoyed them. I thought they were bit bland.

Entrees in the next post ....[/URL]

Andrew and Julia ordered the paella which we all picked at

This was really, really good! The seafood was very fresh. I have never really liked lobster but really enjoyed the tail in this dish. The rice was a bit mushier than I generally like but that was a minor criticism. This is what was left

Jay had the minced beef

And once the egg was broken ...

I had the Ropa Vieja

Other than the peas (which I hate), I loved this dish. The meat was super tender and very flavorful. I didn't try Jays meat but the plantains were very good. He enjoyed it very much and said the egg really made the dish.

During dinner, they had people come out to get the room to dance and wave their napkins

We all LOVED our meal here. The biggest surprise of the trip. It ended up being one of our favorites ... possibly our favorite of the non-signature restaurants this trip. I won't say that it is a must do every trip place for us but we will definitely return.

Joining in! Bongos looks quite good, it seems to be getting more love here recently on our little dining review board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter