Mom & Son Going Back with Dad + 1 - 10/3 - Rose & Crown and now Complete!

Hi Vicki!!
Are we still on for Saturday morning (8/8) at 8am for a quick hello on the bridge between AofA & Pop??
Hope so, would love to see you.....even if only for a couple minutes!!

Hi all - just a quick update. We are here - finally! We got to the airport yesterday to see this:

Our 9:35 flight didn't take off until about 12:30am! We landed at 2:42am and saw this at 4:37am

It was raining and my camera didn't focus as the bus went under but you all know what it is! And yes, despite being the only plane that landed it took over 45 minutes for our luggage to come out (and we were some of the first on the belt) and then we had to wait 30+ minute for the Magical Express. The weird thing for us is that people were being dropped off for their morning flights. Just ugh.

So we got to sleep a little after 5am! :crazy2: Asked for a late checkout at POP so we could sleep a bit.

Needed to say my whole very well planned first day was completely changed. On top of the ultra late arrival, it has rained most of the day. So no MK for us today. Yes, I will be charged the cancellation fee for The Plaza. :mad:

So where did we go? And most importantly where did we end up eating? Here's a sneak peek ... can you guess?

And even more important? Did we like it? :rolleyes1

Stay tuned for the full report upon our return! :upsidedow

Hi Vicki!!
Are we still on for Saturday morning (8/8) at 8am for a quick hello on the bridge between AofA & Pop??
Hope so, would love to see you.....even if only for a couple minutes!!

Hi Laurie! At this point I am going to say I hope so but I am not 100% sure. Can you PM me your cell phone? I will text you by Thursday to let you know for you!

Thanks for checking in with me! SAFE TRAVELS! I hope you and Michayla are going better. Haven't had a chance to see any updates!

Ummm, yikes!!! I'd be freaking out with such a big delay!! I'm not a good flyer anyways, and changes just set off my anxiety bad! Glad you got there and that platter of food looks tasty!!!

Hi Laurie! At this point I am going to say I hope so but I am not 100% sure. Can you PM me your cell phone? I will text you by Thursday to let you know for you!

Thanks for checking in with me! SAFE TRAVELS! I hope you and Michayla are going better. Haven't had a chance to see any updates!

Sent you a message & update. Hopefully it will work out, but no worries if it just doesn't work into your schedule. Enjoy your week!!

Yikes, looks like you all had a long travel day but thankfully you are there. From what looks like yummy Paella I'm definitely gonna guess you all are somewhere in DTD. Perhaps Bongos or the Boathouse?

Yikes sounds like you had a long travel day! But that dinner looks awesome! I can't wait to read more!

Hello! Quick update. We have had a great trip so far although I have to say we have had way too much of this -

But still managed to have a few of these ....

We have made several changes along the way from our original plans - mostly had to cancel some things. But last night we still did this:

And it may have actually been even more amazing than when DS and I did it a few years ago!

Wow, looks like you are getting soaked but adult beverages always help with that; ) Can't wait to hear about the chef's table!!!!

We flew in last Sunday with a delayed flight. It was morning so not half as bad as with your situation. We got caught in the rain storm driving from the airport. OMG!!

Hello all! We are home and I am having the Post-Disney Trip blues on top of an evil upper respiratory infection that I seem to have brought home with me! Finally starting to feel a bit better today.

We had an amazing trip! Didn't do all that we had plan in part because of the rain. Our first three days it pretty much rained all day. Not what we are used to for sure.

So we arrived at Pop Century about 5am on Saturday 8/1. I requested a later checkout and we crashed. No pics of anything at POP.

Thanks to online check-in, we walked across the bridge to Art of Animation and to our ready room just before Noon. We had a Lion King Suite which well all absolutely loved.

Really loved these little tables

We didn't stay long because we were starving. Decided to bail on our planned Magic Kingdom visit due to the rain and just head to Landscape of Flavors before spending the day in Downtown Disney.

Julia and Jay both had the Caprese Sandwich

They both really enjoyed it and I can confirm that the chips were really good. A bit thicker than a normal chip and very fresh tasting

Andrew wanted breakfast food so settled on a banana (no pic) and a chocolate croissant with a Snickers bar for later

I had the create your own salad

This was really good. Nice and fresh, crisp veggies. I really enjoyed it. I didn't have the chicken or beef, just the veggies and it was very satisfying.

Next up .... DTD and Ghiardellis!

Love the AoA rooms. Looks like LoF was a great way to get your first Disney food on. Can't wait for more.

Quick update - mostly pictures because this one really doesn't need words!

This was mine -

DH is the strawberry lover

Julie felt like this one ....

Somehow I didn't take the menu shot of Andrew's but I believe it is the one in the corner of the brownie sundae ...

Do I have to say that they were all amazing?!

I may or may not be salivating looking at those ice cream pictures!!! Holy cats those look amazing, and I just finished a tasty dinner and am enjoying a glass of wine!

Your Ghirardelli sundaes look amazing! Sorry you brought sickness back with you from your trip but glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter