Mom & Gmax September 2006 w/Pics!

Glendamax said:
I LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic - - well, let me clarify that. I love the effects, not the subject matter. See I'm one of those Disney World fans who could do without some of the really kiddie stuff . . . yes I know, people are going to start throwing food at me

duck.gif

GMax,

I am SO enjoying your trip report! Your enthusiasm is contagious! (And your smile, so thanks for deciding to post your picture!!!) I'm glad you had such a good time with your mother! We leave in 3 days.... Let's just say there's a teensy bit of excitement in the house!

Keep it comin'!!!

GMax,Lovin' your TR ,,,As usual,,,HMMMMMMMMMM. .....only problem though, as I'm reading it, I'm thinkin'...... I didn't get any Towel Animals!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothin' Nada....Squat.....I even decorated my windows with princesses LGMHeads and Alien Green Chocolates from World Market.......They just never took the time to reward me for being a Disser..We were at Pop 9 /10-9/17 and I met LBelle and a few Dissers at the Hippy Dippy Pool on the 16th!!
Anyway,,,I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your writing, your pictures and YOUR towel animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave2:

---------------------------------------------------------jan :)

Lan said:
Gotten enough sleep yet? How is your mother?
Yes, I got some sleep yesterday, and hope to do the same today!
My Mother - she's okay, and still excited about our trip!

Cass said:
HA! This is funny!

luvmyboys said:
GMax,
I am SO enjoying your trip report! Your enthusiasm is contagious! (And your smile, so thanks for deciding to post your picture!!!) I'm glad you had such a good time with your mother! We leave in 3 days.... Let's just say there's a teensy bit of excitement in the house!
Thank you! Have fun on your trip!
GOOFYsince71 said:
GMax,Lovin' your TR ,,,As usual,,,HMMMMMMMMMM. .....only problem though, as I'm reading it, I'm thinkin'...... I didn't get any Towel Animals!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothin' Nada....Squat.....I even decorated my windows with princesses LGMHeads and Alien Green Chocolates from World Market
---------------------------------------------------------jan :)
I know EXACTLY how you feel! I just knew I was going to get one last year, but I didn't. That's why I was sooooo excited when I got these!

Day 6 - Wednesday

We slept in today, our LAST full day at Disney World :sad1: This was our MGM day. Since there are only 2 hot rides there, neither of which I ride, I felt no need to be there as soon as they openned. Which turned out to be an excellent choice.

We ate breakfast in the food court, and arrived at MGM by 11am.
IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_0942.jpg
IMG_0943.jpg

Last year I never got a chance to see the car stunt show, so I planned to see this first. Wouldnt you know it, the show started about 5mins after we got there. We had to HAUL it all the way to the back of the park. The next show wasnt going to start until after 2.

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg
IMG_0950.jpg
This show was just ok. I don't think I need to see it again.

After this, I figured that we should head over to the Backlot tour, since it was in the area. Well, this turned out to be our longest wait - about 20mins.
IMG_0952.jpg
I was really hoping that they had added to the tour, or something since the last time I saw it, but they havent. I am soooo glad that we had not been walking around ALL day, and were tired before doing the tour. This tour REALLY needs some work.

Looking at the map, I realized that we were close to Muppets 3D. I LOVE the muppets (especially Animal!!!), so we went there next. The movie was still really funny, and on the way in, I got a picture of the ticket window and the key.
IMG_0969.jpg
IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

After this, we went to Star Tours! This ride isn't that great to me, but looking at all the props is fun!
IMG_0983.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg
The CM comming towards the camera is telling me to put my camera away. (I think she was a bit harsh) I had the camera out because one of the last times I was here, they had some of the Star Wars characters there to pose with people as they were waiting in line.
IMG_0994.jpg
Next, I figured that we would do The Great Movie Ride last, since it's on the way out of the park. This year I made sure that I took some time to notice the hand and footprints outside the theater.
IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg

When we walked in, I was soooo excited to see the coats from Narnia! (No, I don't know why, but I was REALLY REALLY excited - and I kept saying "THE NARNIA COATS!!!! THE NARNIA COATS!!!")
IMG_0999-1.jpg
Now that I think about it, I was more excited with the displays inside and outside of this attraction, than the attraction itself. I never need to ride this again. OH! But I did discover a Hidden Mickey in the Shoot out/Downtown/Gangster scene. It's the part where the car drives forward on the right towards the "car" you're ridding in. And the men in the car are shooting at the live actor who has taken over the ride. Well, if you look to your left, up high in the window, you'll see the shadow of Mickey's head.

After this, as we were heading out of the park, people were lining the curbs for the parade. My Mother asked if I were staying, I said no, but said we could if she wanted to see it. Well, she did! We found a park bench and waited for 30mins for it to start. While waiting there, my Mother said she wanted to get some ice cream. She came back with 2 Mickey Bars. It was my first! :mickeybar

As we were eating our Mickey Bars, who did I see? Oceana and family. I thought they were looking for a spot on the curb, so when I finished my ice cream, I went around the corner to look for them, but they were gone :sad2: I think they were heading for the exit.

Next, the parade, and our last Table Service Meal . . .

The backlot tour was the exact same one as last year! We could have just watched our vacation video! BUT we LOVE the Lights, Motor, Action show. Probably because our family is 3/4 male. My kids want to be the kid volunteer SOOOO bad. I would worry they'd spoil the surprise because they've seen it so many times.

HEY! We just yesterday watched Narnia! It was so good! Not as good as the book, though.

Love your photos again!

Love Muppets 3-D :3dglasses !!!!!!!!!

UtahMama said:
The backlot tour was the exact same one as last year! We could have just watched our vacation video! BUT we LOVE the Lights, Motor, Action show. Probably because our family is 3/4 male. My kids want to be the kid volunteer SOOOO bad. I would worry they'd spoil the surprise because they've seen it so many times.
HEY! We just yesterday watched Narnia! It was so good! Not as good as the book, though.
Love your photos again!
Love Muppets 3-D :3dglasses !!!!!!!!!

1. I think this is the last time I do the backlot tour.

2. I guess I need to read the Narnia book!

3. Glad you liked the pictures, but this time is a REAL pain. I had even more photos in there, but they went in at the original "HUGE" size. So tomorrow I'll try to add them in before I start on the rest of the trip.

GMAX, I am really enjoying your TR! Your mom is the cutest!! I am glad that she had a great time!! Look forward to reading more! :goodvibes

We didnt get to spend much time in MGM, so I'm really enjoying your descriptions. Next year we are going to give it more time at that park so we can really get to check everything out. I felt so rushed while we were there.
I love all your pictures and can't wait to see how your trip turns out! :goodvibes

Glenda-

Just wanted to let you know I am still lovin' this TR!!!!!!!!! Awesome job with all the pics, I know it must be frustrating waiting for them all to upload. But I appreciate your patience. The TR is great with them.

Glad you had such a great time with your Mom and how wonderful she is looking forward to next year.

And you inspired me to put a pic of my whole family in my sig instead of just the kids. Maybe someone will recognize us in the World next week. DH is without his beard now though.

LOVE the tips at the end. Very helpful!!!

Glendamax said:
YAY! Does this mean that I get to be the Godmother of all your "Little Ears"? Now I'm a Good witch AND a God Mother!

By all means, YES! You can be their FAIRY Godmother! :rotfl: I am getting so excited about going. Reading your TR has really got me pumped.

We have never seen the Backlot Tour, would it be worth seeing, if you have never seen it? :confused:

Hi Glenda,
Enjoying your TR. I'm doing the TR bounce :banana:
DD loved the Naria coats, too! She jumped up and down "Look, mama, the Naria coats!" She a big fan of Lucy.
Love the pics!

Can't wait to hear about your last Table Service Meal and Star Tours!!
The last table service meal is almost as sad as seeing those Disney Envelopes hanging from someones door....On day one, I said," thank goodness that's not our room"...On the last day I just let it hang there. Kinda like a warning flag to be sure everyone is nice to me that day :sad:

-----------------------------------------------------------jan :)

Hi Gmax!
I am enjoying your trip report. The same thing happened to me at the gate of Epcot. The ticket would not work. They demagnatized mine so the Akl
had to recode my ticket.

Looks like you and your mother had a great time! :)

Super duper trip report!!! I've really enjoyed it, your Mom cracks me up!!!

Glenda Glenda Glenda....how you amaze me!!!! A great trip report with things I wonder...like if an oreo can be fried....excellent and I did notice when you asked for food to be thrown not a sigle fried oreo!!!!

Now the mild ride had me back in my hotel room holding on for dear life wondering when my heart and stomach would land .......

The pics are great may I ask about your camera??I am photographically challenged..I could look at em just not take em!

OK, I am jealous as all get out almost moved to tears with your GF outing with the DIS gals.....out with the red hats .....in with Tiara's !!!!!

Your Mom is the bestest!!!!! How blessed to have a fun spirited Mom with a glow that all the world can see.....must be from having a daughter who knows the value of a Mom who is terrific..ok beofre I start crying..

OK WHERE WAS SEAL??????????? Pixie Dust over here please someone pry Heidis hold off Seal and give Glenda her just rewards!!!!

Too funny I stood outside its a small world to watch them come out of the clock, DH and DS were terrified I would make them go in!!!!

Love the lessons....I have written down a few of them from your report thanks!

Very impressed by the ability to get all this on here so quickly after your trip!!!

Licky I can unpack and find the detergeant!

Hey Fidge where have you been? I see you're over here on gmax's trip report. It's good isn't it? I believe she has made the suggestion that seal be the next disney ride. I hope I got that right... :teeth:

Glendamax said:
After showering and changing, it was time to go to Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner!
IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg
IMG_0621.jpg

We waited about 10mins before we were seated.
IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

I was disappointed when the waitress told me that peanut rice was not on the menu that night. She talked to the head chef. He came over to the table and said how sorry he was that he was not able to provide it that night - it's only served on certain nights. Later on, he presented a bowl with a dessert in it to our table, and the one next to us. He said to eat it with our hands.
IMG_0640.jpg

It smelled good, but we did not know what it was. We bit into it, and it tasted like it had a bit of chocolate in it. I leaned over to the next table to ask what it was. It was . . . are you ready . . .
DEEP FRIED OREO COOKIES!!!! They were great! The chef even came back to see if we liked it! I could not believe, he gave us that much attention. I thought that was great! :thumbsup2

Next we went to Magic Kingdom for SpectroMagic and Wishes. . .

You had Chef TJ!!! He is AMAZING and those are one of his specailties!!!!

Michele said:
Glenda-
Just wanted to let you know I am still lovin' this TR!!!!!!!!! Awesome job with all the pics, I know it must be frustrating waiting for them all to upload. But I appreciate your patience. The TR is great with them.
Thank you! I keep thinking that maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I guess the pics just take longer to load than I thought. Love your family picture!

aldisneygrl said:
We have never seen the Backlot Tour, would it be worth seeing, if you have never seen it? :confused:
YES! Definetly go see it! It's just a bit boring to me, because it hasn't changed much in years.

the Fidge said:
OK, I am jealous as all get out almost moved to tears with your GF outing with the DIS gals.....out with the red hats .....in with Tiara's !!!!!

Your Mom is the bestest!!!!! How blessed to have a fun spirited Mom with a glow that all the world can see.....must be from having a daughter who knows the value of a Mom who is terrific..ok beofre I start crying..

OK WHERE WAS SEAL??????????? Pixie Dust over here please someone pry Heidis hold off Seal and give Glenda her just rewards!!!!

Very impressed by the ability to get all this on here so quickly after your trip!!!

Licky I can unpack and find the detergeant!
1. I DO realize how wonderful it was to meet with "The Tiaras". I hope that if I get to go next year, that I can meet up with some more people as well (like you)
2. Yes, I DO appreciate my Mother. She is a very nice, and selfless woman. I hope to come closer to that someday.
3. SEAL - he needs to come around soon, before a DISer Seal look alike comes along!
4. After I got sooo sick last year after I came back, I figured that I needed to start this report right away, AND unpack! I am sick now, but as bad as last year!
Good to see you again FIDGE!

Eeyore's Tiara said:
I believe she has made the suggestion that seal be the next disney ride. I hope I got that right... :teeth:
No, not the next "Disney" ride. He is not to be shared!

kandeebunny said:
You had Chef TJ!!! He is AMAZING and those are one of his specailties!!!!
He was so gracious. I could not believe that he not only gave us the desserts, but came back to see if we liked it! I will NEVER forget this!

As I've been saying, its been slow going uploading the pics, so I'm going to be adding pics to what I've already posted. (I just "fixed" my last post, even though one pic won't "resize" :furious: ) So check back for the changes! Thanks again for reading!

Day 6 Continued

We've just finished riding everything on my list, and it's time to head for the exit. Funny how abbreviated your itenarary can become towards the end of the trip.

As we're going down the main street to the exit, people are lining the curbs for the parade. When I tell my Mother this, she says "Well, do you want to see it"? I tell her that we can stay if SHE wants to. She says "yes" and we find a bench near the parade route to watch.

I neglected to tell you all about the Love Bugs. When we were exiting the car stunt show, they were everywhere! It was like a HORROR MOVIE. The rest of the park was not that bad though. But wouldn't you know it, half of our bench was taken over by the bugs :sad2: I was too hot and tired to find somewhere else to sit. So we shared the bench with them.

While waiting for the parade to start, my Mother says that she wants some ice cream. She returns with 2 Mickeys Bars. This was my first! :mickeybar I promise to get one the next time I return! As I'm eating it, I spot Oceana and her family heading down the street towards the exit. I figured that they were looking for a spot for the parade. So I finish my bar first, then go look for them. I can't find them :sad: I should've ran after them as soon as I saw them!

I go back to the bench, and soon after the parade begins. It was cute but I don't think I need to see it again though.
IMG_1009.jpg

Take a look at the not so Hidden Mickey on the back of the Power Rangers Float.
IMG_1030.jpg

I loved the villians the most!
IMG_1028.jpg
IMG_1021.jpg

Can you believe that I actually waved at the characters as they "drove" by!
IMG_1025.jpg
IMG_1016.jpg
IMG_1029.jpg
IMG_1013.jpg

The parade ends, and we look in some of the shops before we leave. As we go through the turnstiles, I realize that I'm exiting my last park. So I say, "Ma, let's say goodbye . . . Bye MGM", and I wave. We wait for our LAST shuttle from our LAST park.
IMG_1033.jpg
We then went back to the room for a break before our last meal. When we get to our door, what do we see?

are you ready . . .

you really want to know . . .

get ready . . . .

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg
The envelope of DOOM!

:worried: :( :crazy2: :headache: :sad:

Next, our last meal . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter