Mom & Gmax September 2006 w/Pics!

Oceana said:
Glendamax said:
Day 3 - Sunday

The man behind us is spouting out a bunch of facts. Come to find out, he is the guy who has been on it over 500 times! One thing he said was that the ride is 9secs faster during the afternoon, because ot the heat on the tracks.

YOu rode with the yeti man? on our next to last day we were told he was at 600 rides

We rode with the Yetiman, too on 9/14. It was ride #604. We took a photo with him and he told us he'd put in on his website. He gave me his card with the website, but I lost it.

GMax- Great trippie.... your pics are focktacular! How cool that you got "focked"! Can't wait to read more!

Disneyland_Mama said:
Oceana said:
Glendamax said:
Day 3 - Sunday

The man behind us is spouting out a bunch of facts. Come to find out, he is the guy who has been on it over 500 times! One thing he said was that the ride is 9secs faster during the afternoon, because ot the heat on the tracks.

We rode with the Yetiman, too on 9/14. It was ride #604. We took a photo with him and he told us he'd put in on his website. He gave me his card with the website, but I lost it.

Here is a Miami Herald article on the yeti man. Yeti Man article

Gmax - I have a question?? You keep talking about following touringplans. Did you get a specific touring plan (sign up for the service), or did you just base your trip on which days they recommend on their website?

I am still trying to come up with an itinerary, and I leave in 18 days. :crazy2: I have printed off the list of recommended parks for the days that we are going to be there. I am still trying to sort it all out. :worried: Plus I am spending all my time here on the DisBoards. That isn't going to get my itinerary done. :rotfl:

I keep reading about those Dole whips. I was wondering what they were. :confused: Now that I have seen your pictures, I think I am definitely going to have to get one of those. :banana:

Did you see that? I just earned my ears on Gmax's TR. I feel so honored! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :yay: :dance3:

Hope I didn't steal any of your thunder. :blush:

What I have learned so far from reading Glendamax's trip report:

1. If I post my picture in my siggy, everyone from the dis website will recognize me! HMMMM......?????

2. Going to WDW with just my mom could be a lot of fun.

aldisneygrl said:
Did you see that? I just earned my ears on Gmax's TR. I feel so honored! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :yay: :dance3:

Hope I didn't steal any of your thunder. :blush:

Must be a magical thread, huh?

Wow, great trip report. Sometimes quick easy and with pictures is great.

Glad you and your Mom had lots of fun.

A nice adults only dinner sounds HEAVENLY (and I have 2 kids lol)

It's great that you met so many dis'ers, I hope when we go next year we will met a few too, my husband thinks I'm nuts, but hey it isn't that far of a trip after having his kids, lol.........Hmmmmm maybe I should put my pic in my siggy?

Man Glenda, I'm out for a little while and your 50 pages further into your report. Way to go! I saw the picture of our tea. Can I borrow it for when I get to my tea party? I forgot my camera that day and it wouldn't matter anyway, half of my pics came back black... :sad2: They all look like pictures of a stormy night. :teeth:

I'm loving your trip report and the pictures of you and your mom. I can't wait for more!

I should post my pic in my signature before we go so I can have people I don't know come up to me and scare me too! :lmao:

Tell your mom I said hi and I hope ya'll are wearing your tiara becuase ya'll are special... :goodvibes

Glenda,

Thanks for more of your TR and the pics. Especially, of the Dole float - yummy! I was telling DS11 about those the other day when he was asking about snacks in DW. I love your description of walking like you were flying - having the place to yourself. Sounds like September was a great time to go. So has your mother started posting yet?

Your towel animals look better than the ones we got at Pop, must be better in the moderates. I have mentioned the black disney princess many times. One of my favorite youth girls at our church (she also works at our school) loves disney and when she has to dress up she goes as Pocahontas because it is as close as you get. Yep, we need a black princess. Of course, Disney did do that movie where Brandy played Cinderella. You remember the one, Whoopi G. was the queen, the king was a white guy and the prince was asian (huh?). They tried to be multi-cultural. :rotfl2:
BTW, this is a great trippie!

Glenda - great installment :) I know what you mean about not having enough leg room somtimes ...

GMAX!! Loving your trip report so far. I've started composing mine, but I still have to load my pics to photobucket. I'm still catching up on everything from being on vacation!

Anyway...I saw you at AK one morning!!! I jumped online and posted about it from my room (I had my laptop with me) I wish I could have caught up to you!! :banana:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1221381

Beana9802 said:
G-Max...that Old Country Roses is my fav too. For the last few christmas' I have been getting table settings. I love love love it!
YAY! Another OCR fan! Hopefully after I get a china cabinet, I'll start my collection too!

GOOFYsince71 said:
GMAX.......I looked everywhere for you!!
I was there 9/10-9/17!!
Just started reading your trip report and can't wait for more!
You took the BEST pictures :thumbsup2
I'm thinkin' I didn't need my camera now, you got the greatest shots!
I'm along for the ride, count me in! :dance3:
Man! I'm sorry that we didn't see each other! Thanks for looking though! I'm glad my pictures came out okay. This was my first time using a digital camera. Meg&Minnie After doing a bunch of research, I settled for the Canon A620 (7megs). I bought it on line for (I think) 210.00. I even went to several stores to see what it looked like, and the weight, before getting it online. I did buy a video camera, but the Canon takes better video to me. I was concerned that since it is primarily a still camera that the video quality would not be that good, but I was wrong!

proudmomof4 said:
It's so funny that you said that because that is just what I was thinking, you should be Disney's black princess, you sure are beautiful enough. And I'm sure you will meet your SINGLE, TALL prince and live happily ever after.
Awww Thank you! :blush:

aldisneygrl said:
Gmax - I have a question?? You keep talking about following touringplans. Did you get a specific touring plan (sign up for the service), or did you just base your trip on which days they recommend on their website?
I used their FREE advice. On the left side of the main page, click on crowd levels. At each park, I did go to the most popular rides first so I wouldnt have to stand in line a long time. I think the longest I waited was about 20mins at MGM for the Backlot Tour.

aldisneygrl said:
Did you see that? I just earned my ears on Gmax's TR. I feel so honored!
YAY! Does this mean that I get to be the Godmother of all your "Little Ears"? Now I'm a Good witch AND a God Mother!

monymony3471 said:
What I have learned so far from reading Glendamax's trip report:
1. If I post my picture in my siggy, everyone from the dis website will recognize me! HMMMM......?????
2. Going to WDW with just my mom could be a lot of fun.
At first I did not want to post amy pictures of myself, but it did help in people finding me. It was fun having someone approach me almost everyday of my trip! And yes, going with your Mother can be fun, and you'll be creating fun memories.

Eeyore's Tiara said:
Tell your mom I said hi and I hope ya'll are wearing your tiara becuase ya'll are special... :goodvibes
I will! But there's a good chance that she's gotten on here after telling her about this report!

sherreis said:
So has your mother started posting yet?
I don't think so. She said that she wanted to do a report though.

S.Poppins said:
Yep, we need a black princess. Of course, Disney did do that movie where Brandy played Cinderella. You remember the one, Whoopi G. was the queen, the king was a white guy and the prince was asian (huh?). They tried to be multi-cultural.
Yes, I remember this movie. I think I still have it on tape somewhere. It was pretty good - and I'm not a big fan of musicals. Who knows, maybe we'll get a princess before we're old and grey.

Tiki Room Fan said:
Anyway...I saw you at AK one morning!!! I jumped online and posted about it from my room (I had my laptop with me) I wish I could have caught up to you!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1221381
Thanks for posting the link! I responded! I can't believe we missed each other!
Can't wait to read your report. Let me know if there is a faster way to upload pictures on photobucket. This is what's slowing me down from finishing the report faster.

Thanks again for reading so far! Tomorrow I'll upload more pictures, and write the next part on Thursday (hopefully).

I'm glad that you are enjoying the report even though I'm not a witty novelist! OH - speaking which, have you all read Sneezy's latest part on her report? It's really funny http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1221950

I hope that my report will be helpful to first-timers, and repeat performers who want to improve on their trips!

See ya next time!

This is a great report! I like all the pictures, it looks like you and your mom had so much fun together.

I'm really enjoying your trip report and your pictures! They are great, and you and your mom look so happy!

I'm proud of you for riding EE. I had to pass on EE because I was alone with the kids and we need Daddy to ride with us. My big leap of courage was doing Space Mountain. The last time I rode it was about 20 years ago. We rode it, with the kids laughing and squealing the whole time and with me praying the whole time. That ride is a lot rougher than I remember! I must be getting old. :teeth:

Thanks for the detailed trip report! It feels like we're in WDW all over again when I read it and see your pictures.

Good Morning GM!!!

Gotten enough sleep yet? How is your mother?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter