Mom & Gmax September 2006 w/Pics!

celerystalker said:
Disney really needs a black princess. I never thought of that until just now that they don't have one! They have Native American, Middle Eastern, Asian and even Fish!

I loved your description of EE, but now I'm kinda scared to ride it! I'll get over it, hopefully.

I can't believe they don't have the boats with the couples at Fantasmic. I loved that! :sad1:

Please give me more descriptions on the tea - I'm going on Friday and I'm not sure what to order.

1. Thanks for noticing that there is no Black princess. When I have brought this up both here and on (I THINK) wdwmagic, I got totally yelled at, and even stalked around the boards saying that Disney should not have to please anyone. That the Princesses are white, and that I and any of my future daughters need to accept that. People also said how some of the voices of the ANIMALS in the Lion King were done by Black actors so I should be happy about that.

2. Don't be scared of EE. Get to AK at the rope drop, don't watch the train come out of the mountain when you get there, and just ride it. I did not get dizzy on the backwards part, and the drop didn't kill me. I would do it again. I WILL NOT do Tower of Terror again.

3. They had SOME boats towards the end, but not like they used to. In the pictures I posted, you can see how they had alot of the characters just come out at the end and wave.
4. I am sooooo sorry that I can not give you details about the tea. PM Eeyore's Tiara. I can tell you that I loved the tea - The Mad Hatter, and the egg salad sandwhich was really good - I dont even like egg salad.
Have fun on Friday!

scrap4u said:
Hi GMax! Glad you found the LGMH I left for you! It's so funny, my DH doesn't Dis at all but he understood what the whole LGMH thing was all about and he was the one that spotted your window display when we were walking back from the pool 1 afternoon.
I'm so glad you spotted my window! I felt kinda crazy putting up all that stuff, but I HAD to take a chance! I hope you noticed that I added your Mickey to the display!
VaNana said:
Great TR! Waiting for more! :goodvibes
Thanks! It's really funny how WORK and real life responsibilities get in the way of finishing a trip report! :confused3 But as I said earlier, I really hope that I'll be able to upload more pictures tomorrow. I started to just write the whole report, then add the pics in, but having them actually helps me decide what to write.
UtahMama said:
Glenda- you showed us the EE photo at the Tea, and it still totally cracks me up! Love Ya!
UtahMama
I really think its funny how my shorts flew up!
Do you feel like you've been home a long time? I do. Today I had to keep thinking about what day it was - it's only Monday! I've only been home for FOUR DAYS!!! I need to go back - well . . . after I've gotten some more rest!

Glendamax said:
IMG_1066.jpg
Love this one! :goodvibes

Glendamax said:
1. Thanks for noticing that there is no Black princess. When I have brought this up both here and on (I THINK) wdwmagic, I got totally yelled at, and even stalked around the boards saying that Disney should not have to please anyone. That the Princesses are white, and that I and any of my future daughters need to accept that. People also said how some of the voices of the ANIMALS in the Lion King were done by Black actors so I should be happy about that.

I agree 100% about the princess issue.

My sister's family went to WDW with my son and I for the first time in 2004. I was so excited because I niece has just turned 5 and I really wanted to do the princess stuff with her. She and her brother(6 at the time) loved the whole autograph thing. However, my niece refused to have anything to do with the princesses. :guilty: While we were watching the parade one afternoon, she asked why none of the princesses looked like her. :guilty:

GMax, I love your trip report! :dance3: My son and I have been trying to get my parents to do a trip with us for a while now, but I don't think it'll happen.

On a serious note...when I worked at The Disney Store I was asked several times about the absence of black princesses. There were only two "Queens of Color :) " at my store (me being a part-time Lead), so the question was directed to us.

Recently there was an article in the News Journal here in Volusia County about the Yeti Man! I will try and find the information and post it - it is a pretty intresting read.

Also, I am loving this report! :woohoo:

What to do while waiting for GMAX to continue her report??? Why go read all the other high society Tea loving gal's reports to see their take on the same situations of course!

Loving your TR Glenda!!! I hope I get to Fock, Be focked, and just have as much fun as you did. Keep it coming ;)

How lucky you were to meet so many Disers. I am enjoying your trip report. Love the pictures too! Can't wait for the rest. Thanks!

GMAX.......I looked everywhere for you!!
I was there 9/10-9/17!!
Just started reading your trip report and can't wait for more!
You took the BEST pictures :thumbsup2
I'm thinkin' I didn't need my camera now, you got the greatest shots!
I'm along for the ride, count me in! :dance3:

Glendamax said:

Wow. I can't believe people responded that way. Well, yes, I can, but I'm appalled nonetheless. The lack of diversity and "creative" Disney renditions of American history are some of my few major beefs with the Disney Machine. :sad2:

Day 4 Back @ Resort

When we FINALLY got back to the resort after seeing Fantasmic at MGM, we found this on the TV . . .
IMG_0805.jpg

Yes, I am one of those needy DISers who hear about other people getting towel animals, and wonder why aren't I good enough to get one! I was Jumping up and down and taking picture. I think my Mother thought I had lost my mind. After taking the pictures, I went into the bathroom and saw this on the edge of the tub!
IMG_0810.jpg
I was so happy! Finally, I could say that I've received "towel art" in my room!

Next, Magic Kingdom!

Thanks for the pics of the towel animals. I am always fascinated when I see those.

Hoping we get some when we stay at CSR.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR.

Day 5 - Tuesday

As I stated before, I based my entire trip on what parks touringplans said I should visit on certain days. The problem with this plan is that it seemed to take FOREVER before I got to go to Magic Kimgdom! So today was the day! OH! This is also the day of the MATCHING SHIRTS!
IMG_0906.jpg
We got to the park for the rope drop/song and dance. It was really cute!
IMG_0825.jpg
I thought it was REALLY cute how the CMs wave at you as you enter main street! I ACTUALLY waved back, as if they were waiting just for me!
IMG_0829.jpg
I walked to the top of the train station for these shots! (That's my Mother down there in the white shirt!)
IMG_0927.jpg
IMG_0928.jpg
We headed straight for Pirates! Only to find out that it was closed due to "technical difficulties" :furious:

So we went to Thunder Mountain Railroad insted. My Mother told me that this used to be called The Runaway Train.
IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg

I LOVE this ride! It's even better at night because you can't see the track, and can't tell where you're going next. My Mother thought the ride was a bit rough.

We had a CM at the ride to call over to see if Pirates was openned yet, but it wasn't so we headed over to Fantasy Land. Check out the crowd we had to wade through to get there, and the look of anguish on my face!
IMG_0840.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg
Can you believe these pictures?! I started walking with my arms wide open like I was an airplane, then I started throwing elbows like an NBA player! HA!

So we FINALLY get to Fantasy Land - my fav! There were no waits! We rode everything except Dumbo and the Carousel.
IMG_0856.jpg
IMG_0841.jpg
I took this picture in tribute to last year's no line pic at Small World! Can you believe this?! OH! And I discovered that every half hour, those white walls behind me opens up like a coocoo clock, and chime, and music plays! Go Figure!
IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg
IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

And yes, this year I got on the Tea Cups again, and my Mother did not spin the middle part! :blush:
IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

After Tea Cups, we went to Buzz Lightyear, and my fav, Carousel of Progress!
And much to my Mother's sadness, there was no one sitting near us, so I got to sing "IT'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW, SHINNING AT THE END OF EVERYDAY" with arm movements, very loudly! And I noticed the scene where "the man" has the shoes on the wrong feet! HA!

Day 5 Continued

I have come to the conclusion that people were MUCH SHORTER in 1971 when this park was built. I could BARELY fit into Snow White!
IMG_0869.jpg
IMG_0870.jpg
(And people wonder why I go to WDW every year in September! :rotfl2: )

I LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic - - well, let me clarify that. I love the effects, not the subject matter. See I'm one of those Disney World fans who could do without some of the really kiddie stuff . . . yes I know, people are going to start throwing food at me. I'm ducking down now. But I DO like the effects, and I DO think the theater is gorgeous!

IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg

While you're still throwing the food at me, I might as well tell you that I think there needs to be adult only sit down meals that are not ultra fancy, and adult only character meals!!! Go AHEAD! AIM!!!!!!

Well we finally found out that Pirates was open (Oh Lord we have to walk ALL the way over there!)
IMG_0832.jpg
IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg
IMG_0835.jpg
It was great! The fog effect at the beginning was AWESOME! Jack Sparrow does look real! I wonder if they'll start to re-do the others?

I don't know if you remember this, but my Mother does not like to repeat anything. When we get off Pirates, and I start walking away, she says "Do you want to get on again?" I'm thinking - maybe I'm too hot, hungry or tired, that's not what she said. So I say "HUH?!" And she repeats herself. I carefully say "yes". She says, "Well come on". I'm in total shock! :crazy:

As we are slowly walking back into Pirates (mind you I'm still in shock), I hear someone yell "GMAX!" I turn around and see a cute young woman with a child. She wavs, I say "Hello, who are you!" "Oceana" We hug, make introductions and I take her picture!
IMG_0918.jpg

We end up riding Pirates together, and Oceana makes jokes about a certain effect - I won't ruin it for anyone! We said our goodbyes and go our separate ways :wave2:

Now it's about noon, on our way out, I remember the Dole Floats. I've never had one, but knew I was in the area to get one. And I found it! I got a Pineapple Float, which I THINK is a dole whip with pineapple juice in the bottom.
IMG_0920.jpg
IMG_0919.jpg
This was REALLY good! I was glad to find out what all the fuss was about! :thumbsup2

I look at my watch and it's only 12:30, and we're DONE! We head for French Quarter for lunch in the food court and rest!
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0503.jpg
Our food was good. I had a veggie snadwhich, and my Mother had a cheese burger.

That evening we went back to Magic Kingdom for a 6pm dinner at Crystal Palace. When we enter the park, a CM reads our shirts, and says " OH how nice!", and gives us each a sticker! YAY!!!

Crystal Palace was just ok, it was too loud and they FROZE us to death! Everyone around us were rubbing their arms and shivering! I like the breakfast there better. A bright spot was that the guy who walked us to our table has the same name as my brother's.
IMG_0938.jpg
(I think there is a family resemblance)​

I took his picture and told him that he might as well have dinner with us! HA!

After dinner we went to the Christmas shop in Liberty Square, where I got a LOVELY ornament.

As we were walking to the shuttle bus stops, a man walked up on my left and said (in an accent similar to Matthew McConoughey's) "Are you the one who posts that stuff on the internet?" I didn't know really what to say because I couldnt tell if he was mad, curious, or friendly. So I cautiously said "yes, why". Then on my right, his wife walks up and says "I'm on there too!" (what a relief!) So I quickly brighten up and say, "So who are you?" " I'm Goofy-Crazy"! Her husband then says how they've seen my picture on disboards and knew it was me :blush: (Lord, when is a SINGLE, tall man going to do this to me?) We chatted for a sec, then they went to the "A" section to catch their bus, while we went to "B". Where else in the world will strangers walk up to you, and are happy to see you? (sigh) My Mother just smiled and shook her head . . . the Pixie Dust was finally falling on her!

Lessons Learned
1. Always have a CM manager call to see if I ride is openned yet, insted of walking all over the park.

2. Try to get to MK earlier in the trip, if touringplans allows.

3. Make matching shirts again! People smiled at us all day long! :goodvibes

4. Make an effort to get a Pineapple float EVERYTIME I go to MK!

5. Eat lunch at resort more. It's great knowing you are by your room after you get finished eating when you're full and tired! :thumbsup2

6. Do NOT sit in the first row of in a Small World Boat! We were almost sitting "Indian Style". The first row of Snow White was too small also!

Comming up in a couple of days . . . Day 6! (I haven't uploaded those pics yet)

Thanks for reading so far! And thanks for your comments about Black Princesses. I guess I'll have to fill in for the time being! ;)

I have to jet! But I'll be back online tonight, and will be able to reply directly to your responses then!

Smooches!

Loving your trip report!! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to ride EE - it looks like you both enjoyed it! We'll be arriving on Saturday!! :banana:

I am sooo enjoying your TR! pirate: I would have been very disappointed if POTC had not been open! I LOVE that ride! I am impressed that your Mom rode EE...I'm not sure I'm going to ride it on my trip in Nov 2007! We'll see! After reading your TR, I want to go back to Disney now! <sigh> I'll have to wait/save for a year.

Can't wait to read the rest of your trip!

Glendamax said:
Thanks for reading so far! And thanks for your comments about Black Princesses. I guess I'll have to fill in for the time being! ;)

I have to jet! But I'll be back online tonight, and will be able to reply directly to your responses then!

Smooches!

It's so funny that you said that because that is just what I was thinking, you should be Disney's black princess, you sure are beautiful enough. And I'm sure you will meet your SINGLE, TALL prince and live happily ever after.

Awesome report ...looking forward to more info and photos ! Great pictures...do you mind me asking what kind of camera you have ( I still have an "old-fashion" film loading one ...not digital) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter