• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP HalloWishes Dessert Party - Post tips, helpful hints, and chit chat

Just tried to book 9/22 both online and over the phone. I can book a party of 10 online, but not a party of 2. The phone person tried to enter and reduce and could not. After 30 minutes on the phone I was done and said never mind and I would just pass on it. I figure God (or Mickey) wanted me to save $138.

My wife and I are booked for the Sept. 15th Party. I'll try and remember to take pictures and provide a review after the event.

Thank you! We have a reservation for the dessert party on the 31st but depending on how it goes we may cancel... any info you can pass on is really appreciated! :)

3 of us booked for Oct 20th. Just going to watch for reviews in Sept, see how this all plays out. I really like the idea of knowing we are set for the parade and fireworks, even candy in a mug, so no guilt on skipping the trick or treating. :goodvibes But, like others, I want to arrive later for the parade, not 7:30, and I want to hear about the views and details b4 I dive head first. :)

It seems likely that the area for the parade just opens at 7:30pm. That doesn't mean you have to be there at that time. Some folks may want to check in at 7:30 and sit on the ground to eat a snack or something (or just relax) before the parade, others may want to show up right before the parade starts. It gives people flexibility.

Like many others, I plan to skip the parade viewing area and check in directly at the dessert party. We will catch the 2nd parade when its much less crowded and use the time during the 1st parade to do other things. The priority area for the parade was never a selling point for me. I just want unlimited desserts for once in my life. We've never done the Wishes Dessert Party.

For those who have done Wishes Dessert Party, whats some tips for us first timers on getting the goods? Paying $69 for this you can bet I won't be shy about filling my plate. Is it best to pile it up on the first trip through? Or if you go back a 2nd time is there still plenty left? How long are the desserts normally left out before being taken away? I'm sure this will be the same method as the WDP (other than decor) so it would seem plausible that they handle it in the same way.

So for the cost of $137 per adult I get:

4-7 PM 3 Hours of day guest mingling
7-730 .5 hour of party guest mingling
730-1030 3 hours of parade and fireworks viewing (plus desserts!)
1030-12am 1.5 hours of party time
No commemorative pin?

I agree with @Disneyliscious that skipping the first parade viewing might be in your best interest if you plan on doing anything other than the premium package that night.

If you plan on bailing from the party early because you have young kids the package wouldn't be a particularly bad way to go, especially if you have at least another day to tour MK. Dress up, hit a few attractions, visit with some characters, do the parade last minute, then do the fireworks before heading home for the night. It all depends on your goals and touring plans!

I was thinking we'd get in line by 6pm to meet Aurora & Maleficent, IF that meet and greet takes place at FTH. Should that give us enough time to do one meet and greet before we need to check in for the parade?

Does everyone plan on checking in right at 730? I was thinking more like 8

I hope not. I really want to check in later- the parade starts in Frontierland, so it'll take it awhile to get to the reserved seating. Having to check in at 7:30 seems excessive. I hope we don't have to!

I'm thinking like 8:15, actually.

The verbage is "starts at 730". I'd bet you can check in right up to parade start time (8:30-ish). Espeically if they're handing out badges when you check in at will call.

Im so bummed. I was trying to purchase tickets for 9/22 on line and it was charging me for my 2 year old (she should be free since shes under 3) so I called in and waited on hold for 25 minutes and by the time I got through it was sold out.

So for the cost of $137 per adult I get:

4-7 PM 3 Hours of day guest mingling
7-8:15 1.25 hours of party guest mingling
8:15-1030 2.25 hours of parade and fireworks viewing, plus desserts!, plus souvenir mug, plus possible souvenir lanyard/badge
1030-12am 1.5 hours of party time

Adjusted the above to reflect what probably ACTUALLY is going to be possible, plus additions.

As opposed to having to find a place to watch the parade/fireworks at 8 PM-ish, not move til 10:30 (and you may, or may not, have a place to sit), anyway.

I'm thinking like 8:15, actually.

The verbage is "starts at 730". I'd bet you can check in right up to parade start time (8:30-ish). Espeically if they're handing out badges when you check in at will call.

Last year during the VSS the area was roped off and you could come and go as you please by just showing you lanyard badge. It was great. So much room no crushing shoving just plenty of space..

Last year during the VSS the area was roped off and you could come and go as you please by just showing you lanyard badge. It was great. So much room no crushing shoving just plenty of space..

That sounds nice. I'm gonna wait for the reviews of it all but as of right now our plan is to not even go to the 1st parade checkin area. We will either watch from Frontierland where it starts (so that by the time it gets to the front of the park we've already been riding rides or trick or treating) or just check in at 9:30 for desserts and then watch the fireworks, then go watch the 2nd parade.

But if some RAVE reviews come back about exorborant amounts of room in the area for the first parade, I'll def be flexible with my plans. Man. It would nice to not be elbow to elbow while watching the parade.

Really counting on all you early goers to report back!

Again I think this is the biggest rip off ever - however as I've said if you see me sneak me a cupcake!

We booked yesterday morning for the 12th. Cant wait to see updates from the earlier parties!

Last edited:
Again I think this is the biggest rip off ever - however as I've said if you see me sneak me a cupcake!

I actually agree with you. I am not one to "blow money" on things like this at all. Only reason I did it was because I was out voted 2-1 in our party of 3. Thats why I plan to stuff like heck on cupcakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter