• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP HalloWishes Dessert Party - Post tips, helpful hints, and chit chat

Oh agree with me I'll never steer you wrong! Now if you had characters or a spot in Cinderella castle you could get me to budge...meh. Also if people are crowding your parade area come to the fire station and hang out with me no one is there until the end and we got our spots :)

We are going Sept 20th! Can't wait! We have a 2 yr old so we won't get to parade area until 8:15. I'll report back on how that works.

For those who plan to skip parade viewing, I'd recommend checking in at Will Call before going to the party. We missed the viewing portion of VSS last year due to monsoon rain and it was crazy getting our lanyards. No one knew where they were. It worked out in the end and we had a blast!

So you have to check in at will call outside of the park and also check in at the parade viewing area? My daughter and I are booked for Oct. 13th!

Oh agree with me I'll never steer you wrong! Now if you had characters or a spot in Cinderella castle you could get me to budge...meh. Also if people are crowding your parade area come to the fire station and hang out with me no one is there until the end and we got our spots :)

Sure, Ill meet you by the fire station, BUT, you better have cupcakes, lemonade and a skull mug full of treats for me LOL

Fellow Disers if this thread goes into pictures and reviews of MNSSHP. Sorry I will have to move to Trip Reports Board.I will leave redirect for 2 days. First page of TP&S Board is important tool for questions on planning trip. Sorry Danny

Fellow Disers if this thread goes into pictures and reviews of MNSSHP. Sorry I will have to move to Trip Reports Board.I will leave redirect for 2 days. First page of TP&S Board is important tool for questions on planning trip. Sorry Danny

Hey Danny, since this is a new event and many people have questions related to planning their trip and party nights around this, do you think we could leave this up on this board until at least the first couple of parties? That way, people can at least decide if they want to keep this reservation (since it's 100% pre-pay and 5 days out to cancel)? I'd hate for this thread to get buried somewhere and people not be able to find a review. I'm not trying to be disrespectful in any way, but I do feel like this thread will be vital to those planning trips in Sept/Oct.

Understood, Danny. No problem. I posted it here because I figured the addition of reviews would help others strategies in managing the event and figured it would fall under the "attractions" part. I never like to admit it, but sometimes I'm wrong.

Ok someone educate me...what does VSS stand for

Villain's Sinister Sioree.

Did anyone notice The Official MNSSHP thread it has 1490 replies. you can always find it page 1 or 2. First page I will not allow 5 or 6 threads on same thing.I told you what my decision was. Guide line #9 The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.

So you have to check in at will call outside of the park and also check in at the parade viewing area? My daughter and I are booked for Oct. 13th!

You can get your Hallowishes party credentials at either place (probably will take the list to the flagpole closer to party start time) You'll just need to show them for entry into the 'special' viewing area. No need to officially check in twice!

So bummed I didn't see this yesterday! Trying to book for 4 on Oct 1st and it's full!! Did VSS last year and wasn't impressed, but I've always wanted to do the wishes dessert party and could never get a table. And these desserts sound 119x better than last years.

We're booked for 10/1. Oddly enough, I had no problems booking a party of 2, online, for that date. I'm anxiously waiting for reviews on the parade area, because at this point I'm also considering skipping the 1st parade and utilizing my party time for pictures and M&Gs.

Looks like Sept 20th is sold out. I just went to book and nothing was available for 2 so I tried all numbers and nothing. Oh well wasn't really sold on it anyways as they is lots to do without the dessert party.

October 1 is sold out! Was on the fence about it and now not on the fence!! I guess that's a good thing

I updated the OP to reflect the 31st and also put a reminder about keeping the discussion strategy based instead of posting reviews so that the thread can stay on this forum and help others plan their themepark vacation based on tips and helpful hints from those who will be going early on.

So, TPs has times listed now for the castle show. 7:45, 8:55, 10:00. They were right about the parades, so looks like this may be it.
What do you all plan to do with the dessert party? See the first show? Will the first one be busy? Too bad the viewing isn't the same as VSS...

So, TPs has times listed now for the castle show. 7:45, 8:55, 10:00. They were right about the parades, so looks like this may be it.
What do you all plan to do with the dessert party? See the first show? Will the first one be busy? Too bad the viewing isn't the same as VSS...

Depending on your desired view, The Terrace CAN see the Castle Show, sorta. It's removed, and some what distant, but it's there. Given parade, etc....there's an even odds chance you can be at your table to see the 10PM show, too. I wouldn't count on it, especially til we hear reviews on how the "herding" from parade view to the terrace goes, but...

Also: If there's a castle show at 8:55 and the parade starts at 8:35...I'm not sure exactly how that's gonna work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter