• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP HalloWishes Dessert Party - Post tips, helpful hints, and chit chat

I went to Sunday's party. We skipped the special parade viewing area. We had a great location in the Square to watch the parade and arrived about 1 minute before the Parade passed by the Railroad station. The dessert party was OK. I think I've reached a point of dessert party fatigue, so that may have skewed my thoughts for this event. I was most disappointed to see that the parting candy gift no longer came in the skull glass but instead was the Maleficent cup that was given out at last year's Villain's Party (and which I already have 2 of from last year). I didn't really like the cup last year, and wasn't thrilled to see it this year at all. Other people mentioned that as well to the CM's and they replied Disney had run out of the earlier cup. Typical Disney. I've done the Wishes dessert party in the past and this is essentially the same event with just slightly spookier desserts. The location to see the fireworks was quite nice in that you do get a feel for the entire fireworks display from here, which is harder to replicate if you watch the fireworks from another location in the park (such as Frontierland, etc). I think the cost is a bit much for what you get, and when I realized the park was as empty as it was that night (10 minute wait for the Mine Train!), I was a bit disappointed I was stuck in the party that I paid a hefty sum of money for. Maybe I'd have felt differently if the park had been sold out and packed.
Isn't the viewing area for the dessert party in town square near the train station? Do you would have been right near it anyways correct?

I went to Sunday's party. We skipped the special parade viewing area. We had a great location in the Square to watch the parade and arrived about 1 minute before the Parade passed by the Railroad station. The dessert party was OK. I think I've reached a point of dessert party fatigue, so that may have skewed my thoughts for this event. I was most disappointed to see that the parting candy gift no longer came in the skull glass but instead was the Maleficent cup that was given out at last year's Villain's Party (and which I already have 2 of from last year). I didn't really like the cup last year, and wasn't thrilled to see it this year at all. Other people mentioned that as well to the CM's and they replied Disney had run out of the earlier cup. Typical Disney. I've done the Wishes dessert party in the past and this is essentially the same event with just slightly spookier desserts. The location to see the fireworks was quite nice in that you do get a feel for the entire fireworks display from here, which is harder to replicate if you watch the fireworks from another location in the park (such as Frontierland, etc). I think the cost is a bit much for what you get, and when I realized the park was as empty as it was that night (10 minute wait for the Mine Train!), I was a bit disappointed I was stuck in the party that I paid a hefty sum of money for. Maybe I'd have felt differently if the park had been sold out and packed.
Do you have a pic of the cup they have out?

Isn't the viewing area for the dessert party in town square near the train station? Do you would have been right near it anyways correct?
We saw everyone from the group in their viewing area. Some of the viewing was two and three people deep there just depending on how they stood. We walked right up and had no one in front of us. Characters stopped by frequently where we were located too. It worked out ok coming in late and knowing we didn't care about the "specially reserved" viewing area for the event.

Someone in another chat that I follow just posted that last night the mugs at the dessert party that were filled with candy were the poison Apple mug. They are so cute! I wonder if the skull mugs will be back or if they will keep giving three away.

Someone in another chat that I follow just posted that last night the mugs at the dessert party that were filled with candy were the poison Apple mug. They are so cute! I wonder if the skull mugs will be back or if they will keep giving three away.
Now I'm a tad jealous! When we were at Tuesday's party (Oct 6), they had the skull mugs for everyone. Disney must be using whatever they have enough of on any given night if the Maleficent cups appeared on Oct 4 and the poison apple mugs were used on Oct 9.

Now I'm a tad jealous! When we were at Tuesday's party (Oct 6), they had the skull mugs for everyone. Disney must be using whatever they have enough of on any given night if the Maleficent cups appeared on Oct 4 and the poison apple mugs were used on Oct 9.

We are doing the last party on 11/1 I would love the Poison Apple Cup! Hopefully by than they won't just give us a paper cup!!!

At the dessert party now...Oct 13...the cup is the maleficent cup others have talked about. Candy is spread on table for you to take. Desserts are good and really cute! Just started.

Any new reviews? I'm still planning to keep this party, but I'd love to read more about it to ensure we'll have time to hit all the candy stops and maybe a couple of character lines. If anyone sees any reviews, please post links. Thanks!

We were there last night. It was not, i don't think, a sold out night for mnsshp.

1) they started letting party folks in at 3:45.
2) trick or treating started at 6:45
3) we were able to hit all candy stops, except one (near peter pan), and checked in around 8:30 for the parade spot. We didn't do ANY character stops before the parade check in...though we did do a couple photopass spots.
4) they had small bottles of cold water at the parade area, free!
5) after the parade, they started check in at the dessert portion of the party immediately...not at 9:30 as they say.
6) the buffet configuration is awkward. That was our one concern. The traffic flow makes using both sides terribly difficult.
7) they were no longer giving out the mugs, replacing them with dragon water bottles, instead. There is a ton of candy on your table!!
CRP4amKUYAE7x1n

8) after the fireworks, you could make another pass at the buffet...we left about 10:20.
9) we headed to haunted mansion, rode, got our magic shot there, then got a pic with the snow white hag, and tiana. It was 10:50 at that point, and my youngest was spent, so we headed out. Our plan had been to stay for the midnight stage show, but she was dead on her feet. That was the ONLY part of our plans (mentioned in previous posts) which we didn't manage.

We thought it was well worth the price, for our needs and expectstions!

At the dessert party now...Oct 13...the cup is the maleficent cup others have talked about. Candy is spread on table for you to take. Desserts are good and really cute! Just started.
We were there last night. It was not, i don't think, a sold out night for mnsshp.

3) we were able to hit all candy stops, except one (near peter pan), and checked in around 8:30 for the parade spot. We didn't do ANY character stops before the parade check in...though we did do a couple photopass spots.
5) after the parade, they started check in at the dessert portion of the party immediately...not at 9:30 as they say.
6) the buffet configuration is awkward. That was our one concern. The traffic flow makes using both sides terribly difficult.
7) they were no longer giving out the mugs, replacing them with dragon water bottles, instead. There is a ton of candy on your table!!
CRP4amKUYAE7x1n

8) after the fireworks, you could make another pass at the buffet...we left about 10:20.
9) we headed to haunted mansion, rode, got our magic shot there, then got a pic with the snow white hag, and tiana. It was 10:50 at that point, and my youngest was spent, so we headed out. Our plan had been to stay for the midnight stage show, but she was dead on her feet. That was the ONLY part of our plans (mentioned in previous posts) which we didn't manage.

wow- sounds like you had a great night!! thanks for posting this info! so you did trick or treating around the whole park from 6:45-8pm?? if so, the treat lines must have moved fast or you guys are fast walkers! I was thinking if we started TOT'ing back in Fantasyland near UTS, then went to Pete's circus, down the barnstormer trail that would take us from 7-7:45. maybe it wll go quicker. We want to meet Tink down in town square before we check in for the parade so I'd like to be down there by 8pm. I hope our party night doesn't sell out (10/25) even though I am sure it will being so close to Halloween and I heard that local schools are off 10/26 too

CRP4amKUYAE7x1n

I really hope we don't get this mug. We go on 10/29 & still hoping for the poison apple mug.

We attended the 10/2 party.

Unfortunately, Friday night's first parade was delayed due to rain. Then we were delayed 20 mins entering the dessert party and were told everything was wet and needed to be dried for our safety. The problem was they announced we could enter and eat dessert or go back down to view the parade which was now happening (at 9:50). We stayed at the dessert party. The fireworks began at 10:20 pm. We were told they were unsure if there would be a second parade, we asked several cast members throughout the night. Turns out there was a second parade at 11:35 pm that we missed. I was not happy. I felt the communication was very unorganized. We complained to guest services that we did not feel the cost of the event was worth the experience we received. We were offered a few fastpasses.

I understand Disney cannot control the weather. But the lack of communication really ruined the dessert party for us. No one at the dessert party knew what was going on. We were told their was no time for the upper managers to share that info with the lower staff. Decisions are made very quickly. All in all, we did have a fun night and made the best of the rain.

In the future, I would pass on this. Glad we did it, wouldn't do it again. You lose so much party time.

We were there on 10-2 as well and the communication from the CMs was very contradicting. the Lady who checked us in to the dessert party was very rude and when i complained all I got was "Sorry but we are delayed due to the weather" I was not complaining on the start time or the weather only on the rude CM that was working the event. Disney Did contact me today due to this issue and how CSR placed us in a non preferred room when we payed for a Preferred King room. Apparently a Convention checked in and we were displaced due to the Business Travelers. They compensated by Giving us 2 nights at any moderate resort with 2 day park hopper tickets and dinning. The Guest relations manager I spoke to also explained on the slew of recent new Hire CMS and that they were still earning their ears. That makes no excuse for lack of communication and their unacceptable attitudes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter