MNSSHP HalloWishes Dessert Party - Post tips, helpful hints, and chit chat

We're going Thursday and have no intention of just standing in the parade area, waiting for an hour and a half for the parade. My plan is to cut through Casey's and down through the Emporium to get to the end of the route and cross to the flagpole. Hopefully, since we'll have credentials, this won't be an issue.
How did you guys like the dessert party this past Thursday?

How did you guys like the dessert party this past Thursday?

It was ok. The pumpkin cheesecake brownie things were by far the best dessert, and the chocolate covered strawberries were good. We strolled up to the parade area at 8:50, the music started at 8:55 and we had a curbside seat so there was plenty of room. I would have liked it more had I not done the Soirée last year, because it was FAR superior to the dessert party this year.

It was ok. The pumpkin cheesecake brownie things were by far the best dessert, and the chocolate covered strawberries were good. We strolled up to the parade area at 8:50, the music started at 8:55 and we had a curbside seat so there was plenty of room. I would have liked it more had I not done the Soirée last year, because it was FAR superior to the dessert party this year.

Thanks for the info. We had planned to get to the parade area about 8:45 so its good to know you were fine at 8:50.

Did you have a hard time making your way down main street before the parade or was it not too bad?

Damnit, I made a booking and the cancelled it almost immediately, now of course I want it again! Stupid stupid stupid

Did you have a hard time making your way down main street before the parade or was it not too bad?

No. I don't think last Thursday sold out, Main Street was crowded but we didn't have any problems walking down the sidewalk behind the people lined up for the parade.

We attended the 10/2 party.

Unfortunately, Friday night's first parade was delayed due to rain. Then we were delayed 20 mins entering the dessert party and were told everything was wet and needed to be dried for our safety. The problem was they announced we could enter and eat dessert or go back down to view the parade which was now happening (at 9:50). We stayed at the dessert party. The fireworks began at 10:20 pm. We were told they were unsure if there would be a second parade, we asked several cast members throughout the night. Turns out there was a second parade at 11:35 pm that we missed. I was not happy. I felt the communication was very unorganized. We complained to guest services that we did not feel the cost of the event was worth the experience we received. We were offered a few fastpasses.

I understand Disney cannot control the weather. But the lack of communication really ruined the dessert party for us. No one at the dessert party knew what was going on. We were told their was no time for the upper managers to share that info with the lower staff. Decisions are made very quickly. All in all, we did have a fun night and made the best of the rain.

In the future, I would pass on this. Glad we did it, wouldn't do it again. You lose so much party time.

We attended the 10/2 party.

Unfortunately, Friday night's first parade was delayed due to rain. Then we were delayed 20 mins entering the dessert party and were told everything was wet and needed to be dried for our safety. The problem was they announced we could enter and eat dessert or go back down to view the parade which was now happening (at 9:50). We stayed at the dessert party. The fireworks began at 10:20 pm. We were told they were unsure if there would be a second parade, we asked several cast members throughout the night. Turns out there was a second parade at 11:35 pm that we missed. I was not happy. I felt the communication was very unorganized. We complained to guest services that we did not feel the cost of the event was worth the experience we received. We were offered a few fastpasses.

I understand Disney cannot control the weather. But the lack of communication really ruined the dessert party for us. No one at the dessert party knew what was going on. We were told their was no time for the upper managers to share that info with the lower staff. Decisions are made very quickly. All in all, we did have a fun night and made the best of the rain.

In the future, I would pass on this. Glad we did it, wouldn't do it again. You lose so much party time.

such a bummer about the rain. did you at least stay dry during the dessert party?

We complained to guest services that we did not feel the cost of the event was worth the experience we received. We were offered a few fastpasses.

That's a bummer. Did they offer anything in the way of compensation? With those frustrations at $70 a head, I would have wanted at least a partial refund for missing the parade which is 1/3 of the benefit of the dessert party.

For those of you who have attended dessert parties, about how many people would you say were in the parade area and/or dessert party area? I've never done a normal Wishes dessert party so I don't have much to compare to. Are we talking 50 people? 100 people? 300 people? Based on the seating area, would say they are selling the dessert parties to capacity or not so much?

For those of you who have attended dessert parties, about how many people would you say were in the parade area and/or dessert party area? I've never done a normal Wishes dessert party so I don't have much to compare to. Are we talking 50 people? 100 people? 300 people? Based on the seating area, would say they are selling the dessert parties to capacity or not so much?

We were told 150 people.

That's a bummer. Did they offer anything in the way of compensation? With those frustrations at $70 a head, I would have wanted at least a partial refund for missing the parade which is 1/3 of the benefit of the dessert party.

I'm still trying for a refund or partial refund. I was too tired to argue with guest services at 1am that evening.

We will be in MK in the afternoon and then leaving for a dinner break at The Wave around 5. Can we get our party wristbands before leaving the park and then be admitted back in? I am thinking we could do a bit of shopping and get the SOTMK card early. Also, is dessert party check in only at Will Call?

Any new reviews? I'm still planning to keep this party, but I'd love to read more about it to ensure we'll have time to hit all the candy stops and maybe a couple of character lines. If anyone sees any reviews, please post links. Thanks!

Any new reviews? I'm still planning to keep this party, but I'd love to read more about it to ensure we'll have time to hit all the candy stops and maybe a couple of character lines. If anyone sees any reviews, please post links. Thanks!

Going Monday think it will be good from the little that I have read..

I went to Sunday's party. We skipped the special parade viewing area. We had a great location in the Square to watch the parade and arrived about 1 minute before the Parade passed by the Railroad station. The dessert party was OK. I think I've reached a point of dessert party fatigue, so that may have skewed my thoughts for this event. I was most disappointed to see that the parting candy gift no longer came in the skull glass but instead was the Maleficent cup that was given out at last year's Villain's Party (and which I already have 2 of from last year). I didn't really like the cup last year, and wasn't thrilled to see it this year at all. Other people mentioned that as well to the CM's and they replied Disney had run out of the earlier cup. Typical Disney. I've done the Wishes dessert party in the past and this is essentially the same event with just slightly spookier desserts. The location to see the fireworks was quite nice in that you do get a feel for the entire fireworks display from here, which is harder to replicate if you watch the fireworks from another location in the park (such as Frontierland, etc). I think the cost is a bit much for what you get, and when I realized the park was as empty as it was that night (10 minute wait for the Mine Train!), I was a bit disappointed I was stuck in the party that I paid a hefty sum of money for. Maybe I'd have felt differently if the park had been sold out and packed.

I went to Sunday's party. We skipped the special parade viewing area. We had a great location in the Square to watch the parade and arrived about 1 minute before the Parade passed by the Railroad station. The dessert party was OK. I think I've reached a point of dessert party fatigue, so that may have skewed my thoughts for this event. I was most disappointed to see that the parting candy gift no longer came in the skull glass but instead was the Maleficent cup that was given out at last year's Villain's Party (and which I already have 2 of from last year). I didn't really like the cup last year, and wasn't thrilled to see it this year at all. Other people mentioned that as well to the CM's and they replied Disney had run out of the earlier cup. Typical Disney. I've done the Wishes dessert party in the past and this is essentially the same event with just slightly spookier desserts. The location to see the fireworks was quite nice in that you do get a feel for the entire fireworks display from here, which is harder to replicate if you watch the fireworks from another location in the park (such as Frontierland, etc). I think the cost is a bit much for what you get, and when I realized the park was as empty as it was that night (10 minute wait for the Mine Train!), I was a bit disappointed I was stuck in the party that I paid a hefty sum of money for. Maybe I'd have felt differently if the park had been sold out and packed.

Hit and miss on it being crowded going Columbus Day so I expect it to be ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter