1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Mixology classes

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by swedemeatball, Apr 30, 2013.

1. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Every post I have read about Mixology class mentions having like 5 drinks. So if there are only two people together then you only get the two drinks?

Is what the pp describing normal or unusual? It is very different than any other post I have read regarding mixology. Can you shed some light on this for me? DH and I will be on the Dream in May and was really looking forward to this class. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mommy2tati

mommy2tati DIS Veteran

I did Mixology on the Dream and had a blast! We made ALL the drinks ourselves and the final one we each got a turn to mix it behind the bar. Plus he made his specialty for us so in total we had at least five or six drinks EACH.

I also did the Martini tasting on the Magic. That was a blast. She set up the mini martini glasses but then gave us 2 of each so we pretty much 5 full martinis in an hour's time.

Right after Martini we did the mojito tasting with the same cast member. we mixed and drank 4 full mojitos. I was definitely drunk after doing 2 tastings back to back.

I've aslo done the Tequila tasting. That isn't for the faint of heart. Almost 3 full shots of tequila (silver, anejo & reposado) plus 2 full size margaritas. They also mixed a margarita in my friends mouth which was hilarious.

And finally, Don't Judge Me please :rotfl2::rotfl:because reading this post makes me seem like a raging alcoholic.:lmao:

4. mommy2tati

mommy2tati DIS Veteran

I did Mixology alone and I got 1 of each drink (5 or 6 total)

5. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Thank you. That makes me feel alot better. It sounds like so much fun and we are really looking forward to it. ;)

6. mcorbo

mcorbo <font color=CC3300>Just tag me the DUH Master...

Our last cruise on the Dream we did the Mixology class in the Skyline lounge for an hour and immediately proceeded out the door to Evolution to the Tequila tasting. Talk about buzzzzzed.

7. NoodlesMom

NoodlesMom Mouseketeer

We were on the Dream in February. We all went behind the bar to make 1 drink each and at the end we had a specialty shot. The two drinks that DH and I made were the only two we tasted besides the shot. Our mixology class was in the skyline bar. We also did the Tequila tasting which we really enjoyed. We noticed that the margarita glasses were much smaller that the class we took in 2011.

8. jsbgeo

jsbgeo Earning My Ears

Do you sign up at guest services when you first board the ship for these classes or at the bar?

9. Lisavince3

Lisavince3 Mouseketeer

I signed up at guest services after boarding the Dream, around 2 pm. All of the tastings still had openings.

10. Ana~n~Joseph

Ana~n~Joseph I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met M

My husband did the Wine and Beer Tastings on the Magic a few weeks ago. He loved both and thought it was totally worth the $15. He was a bit tipsy after both tastings (he's a weak drinker :rotfl:)

11. marquislaura

marquislaura Mouseketeer

When typically were the tastings? At sea days? I read on a TR that one was while at port- about 2pm in Bahamas - I guess I want to do things in port and the tastings.

12. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

Is the tequila tasting shots or drinks made with tequila

13. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

Where do you find the list of the tastings/classes offered? Or do you only learn that once you board?

14. sunryzez

sunryzez Mouseketeer

I have never actually done these but am hoping they have the mixology one on my next cruise..sounds awesome!

15. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

Well I'd day your class was run very different then. So if you cruise and did it again I will say you prob will get 5 drinks each. Back in 2012 on the Fantasy the bartender doing to class made everyone 5 drinks and then called people up to make drinks. This last time on the Fantasy March we had it in skyline and 4 people went behind the bar and made each of the 5 different drinks

16. Lisavince3

Lisavince3 Mouseketeer

On our tequila testing on the Dream, we did 3 tequila shots and then had two small margaritas.

17. siegal

siegal Earning My Ears

I wanted to go on my first cruise for a baby moon. This thread made me very glad I decided to wait until after baby is born!
    look forward to all of these "classes" next year

18. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

Is this something I could do through the concierge (since we're concierge level) or would I do it on my own?

19. Buckeye218

Buckeye218 DVC Member since 2004

If anyone is truly interested, I'd recommend signing up as soon as you board. My wife and I tried to reserve a Mixology spot on our 4/20 Eastern on the Fantasy at 12:30 and they were already sold out.

We asked to be put on a waiting list (they didn't offer) and we were told there were already quite a few people on the waiting list. Nevertheless, we got a call on Wednesday that they added a class for Thursday afternoon (our last sea day).

20. NoodlesMom

NoodlesMom Mouseketeer

I'm glad to hear that ours wasn't the norm. I would love to give it another try. After reading about everyone's experience on DIS, I was surprised at how ours turned out.

21. TempusFugit

TempusFugit Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

This must be a popular stunt. Last July on the Dream DW and I did martini tasting up in Meridian the shuffled downstairs fir tequila. Thank goodness for the mini buffet outside! We were smiling and feeling no pain at late seating.