Mixology classes

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by swedemeatball, Apr 30, 2013.

1. swedemeatball

swedemeatball Earning My Ears

How long are the typical mixology sessions? How many drinks are usually involved per person? How tipsy does one get? I know I ask a lot about alcohol, but I swear I don't have a problem.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. robhawk

robhawk DIS Veteran

Ours lasted a little over an hour. We made and drank 5 cocktails. Yes, you get quite a buzz!!!

4. cwehrstedt

cwehrstedt Mouseketeer

We did the tequila testing back in march and it was also 5 drinks... I had to sneak out for sandwiches and wings 1/2 way through cause I was too tipsy. Lol. (There was a small buffet in the bar area)

5. swedemeatball

swedemeatball Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. I laughed when I saw your comment about needing food because I joked with my DW about bringing a pizza from Luigi's..

6. huffjoann

huffjoann DIS Veteran

martini class is also 5 smaller drinks & u do leave feeling pretty good!

7. owensamo

owensamo DIS Veteran

We did a rum tasting on the Magic in Sessions - it was 4 shots and a rum runner and we could barely walk to the other side of the room when we were done! I think we sat for 30-60 minutes before they kicked us out because the dancers were practicing in the bar. :rotfl:

The bartender did provide us with Coke/Diet Coke and glasses to dilute the shots once we'd tasted them - which was good because there were a couple I really wasn't fond of. Of course, DH was more than happy to finish anything I didn't want... :rotfl2:

The rum runner was excellent! :thumbsup2

8. dpuck1998

dpuck1998 <font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen

most likely I'll have 7 or 8 then and my wife 2 or 3, I'll need a nap at the adult pool after.

9. robhawk

robhawk DIS Veteran

One guy in our class was drinking anyone's that didn't want it. Must of had about 12-15 drinks! WOW!

10. mdurette

mdurette DIS Veteran

I just did Martini on the Fantasy. Lasted about an hour. 5 3 ounce drinks.

Another woman we sat with probably late 60s early 70s was at the Martini with us drank her last one and then headed to wine tasting! She said no worries....her liver was well seasoned.

11. acourtwdw

acourtwdw DIS Veteran

I did that too. Why let it go to waste? They can't pour it back in the bottle..... :rotfl2:

12. linkandclover

linkandclover Mouseketeer

Thats a lot of alcohol for $15. No wonder it sells out so quickly.

13. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

I've had 5-6-7 cocktails depending on the bartender. We've also had mini drinks and full sized drinks, also depending on the bartender.

Everyone is usually plastered by the end. Except me because it seems to not affect me at all. My partner is always disappointed that I'm not even giggly. She doesn't drink, so I'd say she is a pretty good control. :thumbsup2

14. Lsugirl2508

Lsugirl2508 Earning My Ears

I did the mixology class on the Fantasy in Feb. Daniel was the bartender and he was great. I totally lost track of time but I think it was a little over an hour. Each person got behind the bar and made a drink. It was a blast. I was more than tipsy when I left. I think we made 4 or 5 drinks and then a layered shot at the end. Was definitely worth the $15!!

15. Lisavince3

Lisavince3 Mouseketeer

We did mixology on the Dream. It was about an hour and fifteen minutes. We had a blast! We made our own drinks for each other and some people were putting a LOT of alcohol in them. Some people were more tipsy than others, and yes, there were some who were also finishing other's leftovers. I had a buzz, but was totally fine. Mixology was definitely one of the highlights of our cruise!

16. Jiminy'sGirl

Jiminy'sGirl DIS Veteran

Sounds so fun!

If you don't finish all the drinks, can you take them with you?

17. dbarker

dbarker DIS Veteran

Can you book these ahead of time, or do you have to wait until you are onboard?

18. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

You can only book them onboard.

Sent from my iPADD using DISBoards

19. NoodlesMom

NoodlesMom Mouseketeer

I may be the minority here but I would never do Mixology again. DH and I were there as well as a group of 5 other people. The group of 5 had a blast because they were able to taste each others drink that they made. Of course DH and I made one each so that's all we had. $30 for two drinks and a shot wasn't a deal to me.

20. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

My dad and I did a back-2-back on the Fantasy, March 16th-23rd and March 23rd-30th and on the March 16th cruise on the second sea day we did the Martini tasting and then the Mixology, and to top that off we got free drink at captains reception so we were pretty hungover that night. For both tasting we got 5 drinks, but big, but not small. If we did only one tasting that day we would have been fine. The week after we only did Martini tasting since Mixology filled up fast. And we were good

21. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

That seems like a weird class, when we went about 4 people went behind the bar and made a type of drink for everyone, may I ask what ship you were on?