Missing Home, a Walk Family PTR! Updated 8/13!

Okay, first, I LOVE old timey photos. It's on my bucket list to do at our State Fair this year!

Second, I'm not any help on the actual courses, but a few years back my Husband did a private golf lesson and he said the course he was at (Magnolia, I believe) was absolutely stunning. I can't image that any of them would be less than fantastic, though. However, if I were choosing I would pick whichever one has the Mickey head sand trap thingy ;) Also, I'm not sure if it's changed, but when he did his lesson we had to call the night previous (no later than, I believe, 8 p.m.) to book the cab and had to get a voucher from bell services to waive the charge.

Loving the plans :)

I had lunch with my dad today and I asked him about the golf...

"Oh yeah! They're all great; green, lush and there's one that was super hard! We did that one a lot. I think it's the best one"

That's all he had. Sorry it's not more helpful.

Okay, first, I LOVE old timey photos. It's on my bucket list to do at our State Fair this year!

Second, I'm not any help on the actual courses, but a few years back my Husband did a private golf lesson and he said the course he was at (Magnolia, I believe) was absolutely stunning. I can't image that any of them would be less than fantastic, though. However, if I were choosing I would pick whichever one has the Mickey head sand trap thingy ;) Also, I'm not sure if it's changed, but when he did his lesson we had to call the night previous (no later than, I believe, 8 p.m.) to book the cab and had to get a voucher from bell services to waive the charge.

Loving the plans :)

I had lunch with my dad today and I asked him about the golf...

"Oh yeah! They're all great; green, lush and there's one that was super hard! We did that one a lot. I think it's the best one"

That's all he had. Sorry it's not more helpful.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Actually both of these pieces of advice are helpful!

The Magnolia I believe is the one near Grand Floridian, and is kinda hard, it has the little island hole... I think he's deciding between it or the Palm... Because the palm has palm trees and it feels more "Florida-ish" he says... :confused3

I think they all might have a Mickey sand trap? When I look up photos I see several different ones...who knows? But I agree!

And good to know on the taxi service!!

And it's great to know that he really can't go wrong with whichever he chooses, even the hardest one!

Thank you both, showing the hubs this info now!:thumbsup2

Hi!!! Glad you found my reports! I would love to go in Christmastime, and we debated that this time, as you saw, so I am pretty sure that will be our next WDW trip...

If you're debating Legoland you should definitely check out Ariana's reports, her and her hubby visited and she documents it really well, her username is Pluto0809, and you can find her here on my PTR! :) Though, I can't remember which report had the Legoland in it.... Ariana??

I think I read her report, or I read someones which had a ton of pictures and a lot of information about Legoland. Honestly I think my children might rebel and kidnap me and my husband if we don't take them in December. They know it is there, thanks youtube people, and they all love lego and we go to the Atlanta Discovery Center every time we visit my Mom at this point, which is fairly frequently considering she lives 700 miles away.

I actually had a quick debate about changing out reservations to September today, since I was trying to figure out finances and free dining is a super nice promotion. I was able to keep the December dates, since really we've done the Halloween party and September and October our last few visits, even if they were 6+ years ago now.

I adore the old timey picture. They are awesome and that is a great deal for them. Zip lining sounds like a lot of fun too, hopefully you find something when you are within 90 days of your trip.

we had one of those old timey photos done years ago.....it was lost when my moms house burnt down last February, but it was a fun memory when we had it done. good choice! all the plans sound great!

Not sure about the food though.. I am not adventurous at all, and have a very simple palate, lol.. I have a feeling I will try it and leave most of it, sadly.

Unfortunately I didn't eat a lot of the food either, I'm super picky. I did try everything. My favorite thing was the fruit that is in the first picture. Not sure what they did but it was super yummy and I could have eaten a whole plate of it. I might have stolen some of Mom's. :P One of the things included was Salmon which I know I dislike. So I lied and said I had a seafood allergy. I got a box with turkey instead of salmon rolls (second picture). I definitely did not like the granola in the first picture or the other two items in the second picture. Of course this was all in 2012 so the menu might have changed. Plus they have different meals for morning and afternoon. Honestly the food was such a small part of the adventure that it didn't bother me that I ate so little.

Though, I can't remember which report had the Legoland in it.... Ariana??

It's the "Ifer" one. I do have quite a few don't I? :rotfl2:

yesterday was double digit dance day for our Smoky Mountain trip!!

Whoo Hoo! I'll dance with you! :dancer:

old timey photo

Oh those are so fun! I have a vague memory of doing one of those at Disney. Maybe at DTD? Of course it could just be my imagination and it was somewhere totally different.

Love all of your plans so far! You'll have to wave as you pass through Knoxville, that's as close to me as you will be getting during your trip. It's about an hour and 1/2 away.

My hubby is a PGA golf professional and quite a few years ago he played Magnolia. He said it was great but quite tough but as they're all championship courses they will all be pretty hard. One of the guys he played with bought a dozen new balls before they started and still had to borrow more before the end of the round :rotfl2: Unless he plays at a very quiet time he needs to be prepared to be put into a four ball with strangers.

My DD and DH did the Marceline to Magic tour last year, it was the first tour they'd ever done and they both absolutely loved it, plus the price is amazing :)

Your upcoming trip sounds lovely but OMG all that driving :faint: us Brits just don't do that :rotfl2:

I just love those old time photos. That will be a fabulous souvenir. :lovestruc

The Treck looks so cool.
Did Joe and Ashley (See Ya Reel Soon) do that one?

I think I read her report, or I read someones which had a ton of pictures and a lot of information about Legoland. Honestly I think my children might rebel and kidnap me and my husband if we don't take them in December. They know it is there, thanks youtube people, and they all love lego and we go to the Atlanta Discovery Center every time we visit my Mom at this point, which is fairly frequently considering she lives 700 miles away.

I actually had a quick debate about changing out reservations to September today, since I was trying to figure out finances and free dining is a super nice promotion. I was able to keep the December dates, since really we've done the Halloween party and September and October our last few visits, even if they were 6+ years ago now.

I adore the old timey picture. They are awesome and that is a great deal for them. Zip lining sounds like a lot of fun too, hopefully you find something when you are within 90 days of your trip.

Oh you should definitely take them! It looks fun!

Glad you got to keep your dec dates, I can't imagine anything more magical than WDW at Christmastime!

Fingers crossed on the zip line!

we had one of those old timey photos done years ago.....it was lost when my moms house burnt down last February, but it was a fun memory when we had it done. good choice! all the plans sound great!

Oh what a bummer it was lost in the fire... Guess you need a redo!

Unfortunately I didn't eat a lot of the food either, I'm super picky. I did try everything. My favorite thing was the fruit that is in the first picture. Not sure what they did but it was super yummy and I could have eaten a whole plate of it. I might have stolen some of Mom's. :P One of the things included was Salmon which I know I dislike. So I lied and said I had a seafood allergy. I got a box with turkey instead of salmon rolls (second picture). I definitely did not like the granola in the first picture or the other two items in the second picture. Of course this was all in 2012 so the menu might have changed. Plus they have different meals for morning and afternoon. Honestly the food was such a small part of the adventure that it didn't bother me that I ate so little.

Oh those are so fun! I have a vague memory of doing one of those at Disney. Maybe at DTD? Of course it could just be my imagination and it was somewhere totally different.

Love all of your plans so far! You'll have to wave as you pass through Knoxville, that's as close to me as you will be getting during your trip. It's about an hour and 1/2 away.

THAT was super helpful about the fish allergy!! I'll do that! I hate fish and would much rather turkey!! Good tip!

I'm willing to bet I end up same as you on the food there, but I agree, I'll get my money's worth with the experience and photos, food is just bonus! And you get to keep the water bottle as a souvie, right?

Old timey photo in Disney would be so fun! I did a little research and it seems they had them at a spot in one of the shops on Main St in MK for a while around the mid-80s... Ring a bell?

My hubby is a PGA golf professional and quite a few years ago he played Magnolia. He said it was great but quite tough but as they're all championship courses they will all be pretty hard. One of the guys he played with bought a dozen new balls before they started and still had to borrow more before the end of the round :rotfl2: Unless he plays at a very quiet time he needs to be prepared to be put into a four ball with strangers.

My DD and DH did the Marceline to Magic tour last year, it was the first tour they'd ever done and they both absolutely loved it, plus the price is amazing :)

Your upcoming trip sounds lovely but OMG all that driving :faint: us Brits just don't do that :rotfl2:

Thanks for the golf info! The hubs is cool with being with strangers, he just really enjoys golfing, I'll tell him to grab extra balls! Lol!

So good to know you enjoyed the tour! I know the hubs will!

Lol, the sad part is most that driving is just to get out of Texas! It's about 8-9 hours to leave Texas from where I'm at....sigh.... Everything's bigger...

I just love those old time photos. That will be a fabulous souvenir. :lovestruc

The Treck looks so cool.
Did Joe and Ashley (See Ya Reel Soon) do that one?

I thought so too!

I kinda feel like they did, but I can't recall, I looooooove J & A!! They go in Sept nearly every year so I hope that holds true in 2016 so I can meet them!!!

Love the old timey photos! My friends and I used to do them at six flags, so fun!
I can not wait to hear all about your mountain trip, we have always wanted to take one!

The wild Africa trek looks awesome! Anice long trip gives you so many opportunities like that.

oh oh! how F.U.N.
love the old time pictures! we have a couple but nothing new. we need one now that you have me thinking about it!!! LOL

I work with someone who did the holiday light drive! it's so beautiful!!! can't wait to hear how you like it!!!

I am missing Disney something terrible lately.

Your plans for the Smokies sound great. It seems like it will be a super relaxing trip!

I'm no help on any of the solo day ideas! I think the Wild Africa Trek sounds AMAZING! I listed to the WDW Prep podcast and she did the trek last October, I think? Rave reviews, of course!

Your plans for the Smokies sound great. It seems like it will be a super relaxing trip!

I'm no help on any of the solo day ideas! I think the Wild Africa Trek sounds AMAZING! I listed to the WDW Prep podcast and she did the trek last October, I think? Rave reviews, of course!
Thanks! I am hoping the mountains are relaxing, if we're not going to Disney we might as well try a true vacation, versus one we need a vacation from our vacation! Lol...

Good to know on the Pod Cast! Honestly, I've never heard a bad review! And I've always heard it was well worth the money. I think I'll be pleased!

Ok, I have too much to comment on and I'm sure I will forget something, but here goes. :rolleyes1

I'm glad you are getting to plan a disney trip, even if it is a ways off. Ya know I have had a similar experience......hahahaha. The only thing that was hard for us was that we changed our plans about 8000 times....but it was our first trip sooooooooo :snail: I am kinda glad that you decided not to do disney at christmas time for this trip because I think we will be going around then in 2017 too.........just a bit far off but hmmmmmmm, might be able to work something out.... just sayin! :santa:

Although if you and Lori decide to do a TN meet I MUST be invited.......hahahaha. no pressure :rolleyes1 I am about 6 hours away. Greg and I actually honeymooned in Gatlinburg. It was beautiful! (It was 17 years ago..........) But I'm sure it's still the same. We did a valentine's trip there one year too and loved it! I know y'all will have a great time!

That's a good deal on the photo. I always want to do one when we go to Busch Gardens but they are so expensive......for $10 though....completely worth it! Plus the girls will be adorbs!!!!!! :cloud9:

Of course I love the shoes, what's not to love......they will look great with all her cool outfits she makes. I hope they have a great time on their cruise......that reminds me, I need to go find her report since I am back again. Sorry.......random......... :tongue:

BUT, the bows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! They are soooooooo cute. How did you do the part with their names? And I love the feathers!!!! Mom has started making some bows. We might have to steal your idea........or better yet......are you selling them through the walkshop? Might have to check it out if you are!!!!!!

Ok, that's enough for now........ I sure have missed this though!!!! I'm sure I will lose myself in all these reports that I am behind on, but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I know you understand) :love:

Would you stay at Pop if it was just you and your husband? My husband and I are thinking of an adult-only trip for our anniversary and because of our budget I was considering Pop.

How do you feel about booking before free dining is released? I called Disney today just to get a few price quotes (since rates aren't available online so far in advance) and one of the resorts already had regular rooms booked up during the time frame I was considering. I feel like we should book so we can get what we want, but then I have always read the warning not to book before free dining is released, anyway, I just wondered your thoughts. :)

OK - I know NOTHING about golf... However - I do know that the resort Allison and I are staying in for our January trip is right in between the Palm and Magnolia. ::yes:: I know nothing else. LOL

Just stopping by to say hello. :thumbsup2

D~

Love the old timey photos! My friends and I used to do them at six flags, so fun!
I can not wait to hear all about your mountain trip, we have always wanted to take one!

The wild Africa trek looks awesome! Anice long trip gives you so many opportunities like that.

I know, the old timey photo will be fun! lol! A funny keepsake too!

Yes! So excited to do the extra stuff this time!

oh oh! how F.U.N.
love the old time pictures! we have a couple but nothing new. we need one now that you have me thinking about it!!! LOL

I work with someone who did the holiday light drive! it's so beautiful!!! can't wait to hear how you like it!!!

I am missing Disney something terrible lately.

Haha, you must share these!

I cant wait to see the lights!!!!! SQUEE!

Me too :(

Ok, I have too much to comment on and I'm sure I will forget something, but here goes. :rolleyes1

I'm glad you are getting to plan a disney trip, even if it is a ways off. Ya know I have had a similar experience......hahahaha. The only thing that was hard for us was that we changed our plans about 8000 times....but it was our first trip sooooooooo :snail: I am kinda glad that you decided not to do disney at christmas time for this trip because I think we will be going around then in 2017 too.........just a bit far off but hmmmmmmm, might be able to work something out.... just sayin! :santa:

Although if you and Lori decide to do a TN meet I MUST be invited.......hahahaha. no pressure :rolleyes1 I am about 6 hours away. Greg and I actually honeymooned in Gatlinburg. It was beautiful! (It was 17 years ago..........) But I'm sure it's still the same. We did a valentine's trip there one year too and loved it! I know y'all will have a great time!

That's a good deal on the photo. I always want to do one when we go to Busch Gardens but they are so expensive......for $10 though....completely worth it! Plus the girls will be adorbs!!!!!! :cloud9:

Of course I love the shoes, what's not to love......they will look great with all her cool outfits she makes. I hope they have a great time on their cruise......that reminds me, I need to go find her report since I am back again. Sorry.......random......... :tongue:

BUT, the bows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! They are soooooooo cute. How did you do the part with their names? And I love the feathers!!!! Mom has started making some bows. We might have to steal your idea........or better yet......are you selling them through the walkshop? Might have to check it out if you are!!!!!!

Ok, that's enough for now........ I sure have missed this though!!!! I'm sure I will lose myself in all these reports that I am behind on, but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I know you understand) :love:

Yes, you certainly do have experience in planning a trip WAAAAAAY far out!! Thats a GREAT plan for Christmas 2017! ;)

Thanks on the shoes!

Yay! Bows!!! I can send you the tutorial I used, easy! And the names, I lierally buy the bottle cap things at the craft store, then they sale the epoxy stickers that are clear that go over them, usually right next to the bottle cap things. Then I just print off a cute picture thats a one inch circle and BAM! Easy peasy!

Would you stay at Pop if it was just you and your husband? My husband and I are thinking of an adult-only trip for our anniversary and because of our budget I was considering Pop.

How do you feel about booking before free dining is released? I called Disney today just to get a few price quotes (since rates aren't available online so far in advance) and one of the resorts already had regular rooms booked up during the time frame I was considering. I feel like we should book so we can get what we want, but then I have always read the warning not to book before free dining is released, anyway, I just wondered your thoughts. :)

I would absolutely stay at POP on a couples trip! Why not? You are hardly there, and you can use the money you save to do something fun like a tour together or whatnot... I always book ASAP, then when free dining comes out I call the morning of, first thing and add that to my package, that way I know I have space at the resort. :) Hope that helps!

Have you ever watched the "See Ya Reel Soon" youtube videos? The couple almost always stays at POP! Its such a good deal!

OK - I know NOTHING about golf... However - I do know that the resort Allison and I are staying in for our January trip is right in between the Palm and Magnolia. ::yes:: I know nothing else. LOL

Just stopping by to say hello. :thumbsup2

D~

Haha, well then I am sure it's beautiful!!!

Shopping Trips

Alright, so as it stands the official countdowns are...

DISNEY in 351 Days!!!

SMOKIES in 85 Days!!!

Not that this is related directly to my trip, but I always love to share all the Disney shopping I do... sooooooooooo

First up, I went to my very first ever Comicon last week! It was incredibly hilarious to see all the people dressed up and totally dorking out, I was in a bit of heaven really.... lol.. LOTS and LOTS of Disney stuff around!!! My main reason for going was to see and old friend, Mike. I have mentioned him before in my first trip report because Mike works at Disney World!! He is an artist and he works at Disney part time doing caricatures... in fact if you're in Animal Kingdom and take a look at the caricature stand you can find a picture of him!

IMG_5935.jpg

Anyway, he does these super adorable prints that he nicknamed "Sugar Boogars" and I have been wanting some, so I purchased a few prints...

E86FAF36-7440-4035-A3EF-387D25507177.jpg

The big Princess one is for the girls room, of course, and the Stitch and Breaking Bad are both gifts, then the Belle & Beast is for myself! I also really loved another persons print that I found, its a great AdventureTime/Nightmare Before Christmas mash-up that I am pretty sure will be hung in my room.

52FD9356-4794-41C2-8E1A-B8C8AB6773AB.jpg

Oh, and I didn't really buy this, but I got my first birthday gift today! The hubs ordered me my Mickey Tsum Tsum!!

12A276BD-051C-4646-883A-51F49198F392.jpg

5EFAE454-9A8C-4D71-93BC-67AD2DC9C0B6.jpg

This leads me into our Smokies plans, because that Mickey was what I asked for this year because I plan to use him as my pillow/road trip buddy for our trip!!

I have also been doing some shopping for that trip, mainly clothes. I am not doing customs or anything like that, but I am excited to wear sweaters and boots and fun stuff out in the mountains, so I ordered myself these tops off Zulily the other day...

FC52DCE4-4AE8-400A-BE16-51EB51352BE1.jpg

Very appropriate mountain wear, I believe!

I also found this adorable sweater for myself at JCP and Olivia one at Target!

8D145C34-7BE7-43C6-AC17-B7272DDE43BC.jpg

F5B45269-4C9C-4C8D-851A-60F34BCE045F.jpg

Not a much else on the planning front for smokies right now, though I am getting into the window to really start keeping an eye on groupons for the gem mining and zip lining we want to do. Also next week is the big day when I pay off our portion of the cabin! We are getting so close, I really need to start putting away some fun money!

Ill do another daily update for Smokies soon! :)

I have to agree! you do plan some FUN trips!!!

I cannot wait to hear all about this cabin trip.. then again i am in LOVE with the cabin you are staying in!!!
i am going to have you do all my shopping you find the best stuff!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter