Missing Home, a Walk Family PTR! Updated 8/13!

Sicky-Pants

Sorry for being quiet on here the last several days! Thursday night I started to feel icky, and by Friday night I was full blown sick! Sick, sick. Like shivering, then burning up, then shivering, then burning up, then aching, soooo much aching, then sore throat, then can hardly breathe sick... for DAYS! Dayyyyyyyyyss!! Talk about misery...

tumblr_mbirmm3h0I1qec4gro1_500.gif

BUT, I did get a few random spurts of creativity... started working on a couple more of the girls shoes for the cruise, to go with Lori's...

73A12D14-7475-4DCC-A63D-A49EB273182A.jpg

3D9A3483-0542-4C0E-B7E0-F42B0DF89318.jpg

292E35F2-F6D3-443B-A441-A49EB2101AA8.jpg

199E437E-454F-4090-A48A-7E0112A7EF98.jpg

33A71E1C-6028-40E1-88F9-FE60BDFA2C00.jpg

Still gotta finish up the treasure map ones, I need something on the back, and some color where the laces go. But they're almost done!

My next project, along with finishing up these shoes, is starting work on Magic Band bows! I've seen some that people sale, and they look like something I might could do, so we shall see!

Oh, also, before getting sick, I went to Target and they had a lot of summer stuff on clearance, these towels were still marked $10.99, but I scanned them and sure enough... $3.28 each! Score!

FB9AC0D2-1723-4F03-B476-680681876FD7.jpg

Don't ask me why, but I have a thing for towels, I love a good, cute towel, we have MANY, but I always buy more, lol.. same goes with CUPS!

In other news, the family I am planning a trip for, I am meeting with tomorrow morning, their ADR day is Aug 4th, so helping them nail down their touring schedule and ADR picks! Def a fun way for me to pass the Disney time!

As for our trip, couple of fun things... I finally talked with the hubs about taking some alone time for each of us to do a tour or something and he is so on board! He's decided he wants to

1. Golf.

He wants to go to either the Palm course...

2070.jpg

Thank you GOOGLE!

Or the Magnolia course...

magnolia-golf-course-00.jpg

Thank you GOOGLE!

Or the Lake Buena Vista course...

Lake_Buena_Vista_Golf_Course_-_Lake_Buena_Vista_358902.jpg

Thank you GOOGLE!

Does anyone have any experience with golfing at Disney? My hubs is so torn...

So, golfing is about $60, plus $20 to rent shoes/clubs, which is great, because he won't need to bring any of that.

Along with golf he also wants to do

2. Marceline Tour, this is a $30 tour, described as "A 3-hour look at how key events in Walt Disney’s life inspired Magic Kingdom park and the beloved attractions within it. " on the Disney site.

It really interests him because he loves all the attractions it features, his faves are HM & the CoP... so there ya go! I think it's the perfect tour for him, I wish I could do it to... but for me, there's something else my heart really, really would rather do...

The Wild Africa Trek!!!

WildAfricaTrek-044.jpg

Thank you GOOGLE!

Yea, this is definitely more my style. Chris had no interest in doing this one solo, and I really don't think I would mind. I love animals, and I love AK, so I think this is where I need to be, for sure. I have always wanted to do this trek. It's also only 3 hours, like Chris', but I like that it hold a little more adventure, and I get to sample food, and they usually have PP Pics for you, so win/win/win. It does cost more, at $189-249 price range. But in Sept it's always been on the low end, and usually you can find a $50 off promo going in slow times too, so fingers crossed.

Either way, I know I can save up a couple hundred bucks to do this. In regards to price the hubs said "well it's fine because I want to golf and do a tour.." yea. His still only comes out like $120, but who's counting? :rotfl:

So please, please let me know if anyone has suggestions on the golf thing. :thumbsup2

I actually have a lot more ideas on the planning front, but I think I will save those for the next update. See ya soon!

Joining in.
How exciting to have 2 weeks at WDW!!! I wish we could do that some day.
TN sounds nice and relaxing. I've been to Nashville once and it was a very nice city from what I remember. Hope you guys enjoy the trip.
I love your crafts! Especially the Inside Out shoes. We are going as the emotions to MNSSHP this year and it's tough to find Inside Out stuff so far. Your crafts turned out great!
Excited for more. Sorry it's so far away. Guess that means more time to plan and daydream.

I have nothing for you and golfing.. But i am SURE there are threads on here somewhere you can read about it!

Ohhhh I HOPE you do the AK trek! LOVE LOVE!!!

Sorry for being quiet on here the last several days! Thursday night I started to feel icky, and by Friday night I was full blown sick! Sick, sick. Like shivering, then burning up, then shivering, then burning up, then aching, soooo much aching, then sore throat, then can hardly breathe sick... for DAYS! Dayyyyyyyyyss!! Talk about misery...
Awa poor thing! Feel Better!

LOVE these!!!

Either way, I know I can save up a couple hundred bucks to do this. In regards to price the hubs said "well it's fine because I want to golf and do a tour.." yea. His still only comes out like $120, but who's counting? :rotfl:
:ssst: Shhh! What he doesn't realize won't hurt him! :rotfl2:

I feel ya on the having to wait over 400+ days!!! :guilty: I just booked our family vacation for November of 2016!!! But the planning is a lot of fun and keeps me in the Disney mindset I love!:love:

Dang. Sorry you were sick. I hope you are doing much better!
I have never golfed except for of the mini variety. But those courses look really pretty.
I think the tour he wants to do sounds really cool but yeah, I would do the one you want to do too. That looks amazing.

Joining in.
How exciting to have 2 weeks at WDW!!! I wish we could do that some day.
TN sounds nice and relaxing. I've been to Nashville once and it was a very nice city from what I remember. Hope you guys enjoy the trip.
I love your crafts! Especially the Inside Out shoes. We are going as the emotions to MNSSHP this year and it's tough to find Inside Out stuff so far. Your crafts turned out great!
Excited for more. Sorry it's so far away. Guess that means more time to plan and daydream.

Oh so fun! I bet a lot more emotions stuff will come out as it gets closer to halloween. But the good thing is that they are each based off a color, so it should be pretty easy to make a DIY costume!

I have nothing for you and golfing.. But i am SURE there are threads on here somewhere you can read about it!

Ohhhh I HOPE you do the AK trek! LOVE LOVE!!!

Haha, yea I may have to go searching through the threads on that one..

I am 100% positive I will enjoy the trek!! SQUEEE!

Awa poor thing! Feel Better!

LOVE these!!!

:ssst: Shhh! What he doesn't realize won't hurt him! :rotfl2:

Thank you! I am feeling much better today!

Haha, that is so true!

I feel ya on the having to wait over 400+ days!!! :guilty: I just booked our family vacation for November of 2016!!! But the planning is a lot of fun and keeps me in the Disney mindset I love!:love:

True on that!!!

I'm sorry you were sick! :flower3:

The AK looks amazing. Excited for you!

Thanks, feeling much better today though! Yay!

Dang. Sorry you were sick. I hope you are doing much better!
I have never golfed except for of the mini variety. But those courses look really pretty.
I think the tour he wants to do sounds really cool but yeah, I would do the one you want to do too. That looks amazing.

Thank you. Haha, yes, the mini variety of golf is more my style. Actually, I would love to do that this trip too!

I agree, animals trumps the other tour for this lady.

Love those shoes!! The Treasure maps are my favourite. Maybe a treasure chest on the back?

Wild Africa Trek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it!! I want to do it. Before we pulled our trip in I was planning it but now with a year less to save I decided it will have to wait for another future trip. So now I can live vicariously through your TR!!!!!

Boo to being sick! I hate sore throats, just the worst! Happy you are feeling better though.

Love the Minnie towel!! I just like when the design is so big and extends outside the boundaries.

So sorry you've been sick! But it looks like you've gotten some great work done on shoes!

Nice find with the clearance towels! :thumbsup2

I like the idea of doing your separate special activities and I think the Wild Africa Trek sounds great! :hyper:

I am with you on the towels and cups! We are moving and I have a box of each going to donation; I can't stop buying them! Especially at Target. They have Disney everywhere, and usually at a great price!

My dad used to love to golf at WDW. But it has been many years, so I'm sure a lot has chAnged.

The tours sound great! I love the idea of some solo adult time. And I hear the Trek is worth every penny.

Sneaks in, *waves* I just started reading your trip report, so I also snuck over to check out your pre-trip report, your oldest and my middle and only girl are just about the same age. We actually were debating similar times as you for our fall trip, though our plans were either late October or late November/start of December. We went with the November/December option since we've never done the Christmas party. We're probably staying for 12 nights and 13 days, though I think we're going to sneak Legoland in there too, since it will be our second Disney trip of 2016. We're also doing the giant family trip! On the plus side the giant family trip will get a lot of character meals out of the way so I won't have to plan as many for our family only trip.

I love the tour idea, hmm, wonder if I can sneak that in for just me, probably not with adding in Legoland and maybe Kennedy Space Center.

I love the shoes and bows you have made they are awesome!

Ugh, hope your are feeling better now!

Like Mo I've got nothing for you on the golf, not really my thing.

But as for the WAT, DO IT!!!!!! Mom and I went in 2012 and loved every minute. We even liked it more than the KTTK tour we did last year. If you have any questions, let me know. I did do a TR for that trip but messed up all the pictures when I moved stuff around in Photobucket. So here's a few to wet your appetite!

First up, my photos:

And now a few from the PP photographers. I have over 100 from the PP but a lot of them are other people in our tour. They also took a lot of the same animal photos that I did so I won't repeat those.

OK so maybe that was a bit more than a few pictures. Hope you didn't mind me taking over your TR for a bit.

Love those shoes!! The Treasure maps are my favourite. Maybe a treasure chest on the back?

Wild Africa Trek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it!! I want to do it. Before we pulled our trip in I was planning it but now with a year less to save I decided it will have to wait for another future trip. So now I can live vicariously through your TR!!!!!

Boo to being sick! I hate sore throats, just the worst! Happy you are feeling better though.

Love the Minnie towel!! I just like when the design is so big and extends outside the boundaries.

I am thinking a treasure chest on back! Need to get those done asap!

I am totally set on the Trek now, I am so excited!

We are finally feeling better, but still have some yucky we're dealing with... it wont go away!

So sorry you've been sick! But it looks like you've gotten some great work done on shoes!

Nice find with the clearance towels! :thumbsup2

I like the idea of doing your separate special activities and I think the Wild Africa Trek sounds great! :hyper:

Thank you!

Yes, your reports really inspire me to take some time alone for the tours, you and Dug do well when you split up, and I think the girls are at an age we can handle them together alone for a bit.

Feeling better?

YES! Still have some residual stuffy noses and coughs, but feeling a lot better.

I am with you on the towels and cups! We are moving and I have a box of each going to donation; I can't stop buying them! Especially at Target. They have Disney everywhere, and usually at a great price!

My dad used to love to golf at WDW. But it has been many years, so I'm sure a lot has chAnged.

The tours sound great! I love the idea of some solo adult time. And I hear the Trek is worth every penny.

So true on Target!

Probably, but I wonder if he had a favorite course, the courses themselves probably havent changed too much!

Sneaks in, *waves* I just started reading your trip report, so I also snuck over to check out your pre-trip report, your oldest and my middle and only girl are just about the same age. We actually were debating similar times as you for our fall trip, though our plans were either late October or late November/start of December. We went with the November/December option since we've never done the Christmas party. We're probably staying for 12 nights and 13 days, though I think we're going to sneak Legoland in there too, since it will be our second Disney trip of 2016. We're also doing the giant family trip! On the plus side the giant family trip will get a lot of character meals out of the way so I won't have to plan as many for our family only trip.

I love the tour idea, hmm, wonder if I can sneak that in for just me, probably not with adding in Legoland and maybe Kennedy Space Center.

I love the shoes and bows you have made they are awesome!

Hi!!! Glad you found my reports! I would love to go in Christmastime, and we debated that this time, as you saw, so I am pretty sure that will be our next WDW trip...

If you're debating Legoland you should definitely check out Ariana's reports, her and her hubby visited and she documents it really well, her username is Pluto0809, and you can find her here on my PTR! :) Though, I can't remember which report had the Legoland in it.... Ariana??

Making sure I didn't miss any posts. :magnify:

Heehee :) I need to do one, I think I will!

Ugh, hope your are feeling better now!

Like Mo I've got nothing for you on the golf, not really my thing.

But as for the WAT, DO IT!!!!!! Mom and I went in 2012 and loved every minute. We even liked it more than the KTTK tour we did last year. If you have any questions, let me know. I did do a TR for that trip but messed up all the pictures when I moved stuff around in Photobucket. So here's a few to wet your appetite!

First up, my photos:

And now a few from the PP photographers. I have over 100 from the PP but a lot of them are other people in our tour. They also took a lot of the same animal photos that I did so I won't repeat those.

OK so maybe that was a bit more than a few pictures. Hope you didn't mind me taking over your TR for a bit.

I am feeling better, thank you!! I LOVE THESE PHOTOS! I think I read that TR actually.. I can't remember, Ive read so many of yours, lol.. But seriously, those pics are so great! They're getting me so excited! I want to be there NOW!!! EEEEEEE!!!!

Not sure about the food though.. I am not adventurous at all, and have a very simple palate, lol.. I have a feeling I will try it and leave most of it, sadly.

Yeah Terri :cheer2:
Garden grill, Tusker house, Kona cafe for breakfast, Cinderella royal table, BBB, AK trek, looks great!!

Thanks!! :)

GAH! I wish my kids were old enough for this!!!!
They are, aren't they?

Um, your kids are old enough for the Wild Africa Trek. Starts at age 8 and up if accompanied by an adult.
Hahaha... see, Mo!

Day 1-3 Smokies Plans

So, I have a couple little updates for you guys, now that I am feeling better!

First off...

3802138-8934532844-storm.gif

Teehee... yesterday was double digit dance day for our Smoky Mountain trip!! :rotfl:

It's nowhere near as exciting as DDD for a Disney trip, but still! It's something!

There's not too much to plan there...most of that's done, so I will start sharing our plans now, but I have been trolling for Groupon's to use while we are there and I found a fun one this week! $10 for up to 10 people to take an old timey photo like this...

4917913527_03259eecd3.jpg

Thank you GOOGLE!

We get to dress up and get one 8x10 print for the $10... not bad... and hey, it's something silly and fun to do! I want to buy a Groupon to zip line as well, and they have some, but they were all for 90 days only, and our trip is now sitting at 98 days out, so I will have to wait a bit longer until I buy that one..

Anyway, onto the plans...

Day 1- Friday Nov 6th, Take Off Night

We leave on a Friday night about 6pm, my hubby will have worked that day, but the rest of us are off. The family was pretty insistent on driving straight through the night, and that's fine by me. I have offered to take the first shift, and I will drive until I am just too tired, and then the night owls can take over. We have 4 drivers on this trip. We will stop for a fast food dinner on our way out, and pull up the girls so that hopefully we won't have to stop much, everyone should be sleeping. *Fingers Crossed*

GIF-CRUELLA.gif

Day 2- Sat Nov 7th, Arrival Day

By our calculations we should be able to make it to the Memphis area early morning 6-7am... so we can grab a fast food breakfast and make a pit stop.

Then we should be around Knoxville for lunch, so we can make a stop there.

From Knoxville we are about a 4 hour drive from Gatlinburg, so that will be our last leg, hopefully putting us in town late in the day somewhere between 3-6pm, and we can get in our cabin begining at 4pm.

jace-grey-home-sweet-cabin-beige.jpg

The plan our first night is REST. My mother in law and myself will probably hit the local grocery to stock up for the week, and the family can chill at the cabin. We can eat in this night! Relaxing by the fire sounds like a good plan to me..

MickRelaxingInChair%20copy.gif

original.gif

Day 3- Sunday Nov 8th, Relaxation Day

I figure we may still be recouping from our travel today, so we are not planning much today either. We can enjoy breakfast at the cabin, play in the game room, hot the hot tub, and just enjoy our space.

I figure we will most likely eat lunch home too, and then head into the town of Gatlinburg that evening to explore and have dinner.

They BEST thing about this is that Gatlinburg will already be done up for the holidays!!

gatlinburg-m.jpg

Google

That's enough mountain plans for now, onto DISNEY!!!

Not too much to report, I am pretty set on Wild Africa Trek now, I am soooooo excited for it! Especially after seeing Ariana's photos she posted for me here!! :hug:

We've looked into the golf more... guess what... I don't think golfers are big on TR's... lol.. I can't find anyone who has blogged about any of the courses. Guess Chris will be the first to have it cataloged! So he still has not chosen a course, but we have looked into more details now. One thing I was happy to find out was that there is a free taxi service if you're golfing from your Disney resort! :thumbsup2 That is good news!!

Also, today I looked at some sample flight prices in September of this year... I think the trip being mid-week to mid-week is going to save us quite a bit on flights. Like $300-600 possibly. So that is really nice.

Okay, that's enough for now. Time to update the TR! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter