• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the hate H&V gets, it's weird to see people waiting with bated breath for reservations
The things you do for your kids.

I have never eaten there, so I can not say a positive or a negative. I just go in with the assumption that a buffet is just that, a buffet. You run the risk of getting bland, flavorless, mass produced food. With that being said, I have never had a disney buffet I couldn't survive. I might not enjoyed the food overall but they had things I ate and enjoyed.

we've only been there for breakfast, and thought is was comparable with other breakfast offerings on property. we are trying to get in to see the characters, as we are traveling with 6 small kids....

With all the hate H&V gets, it's weird to see people waiting with bated breath for reservations

Bahahaha, I totally get this. We have had a couple terrible dinners there, but it was years ago, and it seems like things have improved a lot in the past year or so. Willing to give it a try. :)

I checked on my phone today at work through the MDE website and couldn't get it to work for me. I got into the page where it asked for the date and time then it locked up on me and wouldn't go anyway from that point. I'm glad I'm off work on Thursday and really hoping to land a reservation to see the characters in their holiday dress up. It's just my DH and I and no way can I make him stand in line for photos, but at a character dinner he has no choice. :)

We have had breakfast there and my family loved any place that they can pile bacon and eggs onto their plates and they're happy. We've had dinner there and the food wasn't bad. Recently I've eaten there for SWW and the food was absolutely delicious, the desserts were good too. But the character interaction was fantastic even though it was only 2 adults (I went without my husband and kids!) but it was a lot of fun.

guess i will be checking on thursday, hoping to get this ressie for me and my hubby for xmas day. im off on thursdays as well so i will be calling right when they open lol

As an addendum to my previous post: We have had breakfast at H&V quite a lot and it has been perfectly fine. Dinner was quite different (similar to Chef Mickey's: breakfast good, dinner bad). But now it has a chocolate fountain! And, better yet, a chef controls access to it so grubby little children aren't bathing in it! ;)

We had lunch there last November, and we had a great meal. The lobster mac & cheese was actually really good! And the chocolate fountain with fruit?!

I think the variety of food has been pretty decent for the Jedi Mickey Meal. It's a bit over priced but it is Disney. I much prefer the atmosphere & food choices over CM although it's been years since I ate at CM.

My family ate dinner there in February and for buffet food, it was very good. I loved the barbecue meatballs and Guinness stew. My kids could not get enough of the Lobster mac & cheese. I was not looking forward to this restaurant and had only booked it for the Fantasmic package. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was for a buffet. WAY better than the food at Crystal Palace.

Thanks! We are a little nervous about her being young but... I think she will do fine!
We started taking our DD in March of this past year... As long as we plan a nap in the afternoon, she does well. I was surprised how much they have for little ones or things that have no height restriction. She ended up loving Mickey Mouse and all non-human looking characters. However, we took her to see Cinderella and had a meltdown. (I must say, Cinderella was VERY gracious about the whole thing.) That's one of the reasons I'm stalking the Minnie Dinner, I'm hoping to get in on her actual birthday and then take her to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party after. I heard meeting characters at the MVMCP was hard so, I'm thinking I can eliminate some of that with the character dinner. Anyhow, I hope your DD's experience is magical in every way!

I took my daughter for her 1st bday in March too. She absolutely fell in love with all the characters...princesses too. My pictures from that trip are priceless. We're also going for MVMCP in Nov.....desperate to get her this reservation ... Lol

I'm a bit nervous about the characters with my two nieces who will be 3.5 and 4.75. We took them to a local baseball game recently because they would have several princesses there to meet to do a bit of a trial run. The younger did a great job and wasn't scared, while the older one was a bit more hesitant, but did warm up to them after a bit. At Zehnder's in Frankenmuth they have a chicken that walks around the restaurant and the last time we went my oldest niece was so scared of him she literally dove under the table and hid until he had left the dining room. She also wouldn't even look at the Minion the theater had dressed up when we went to see the movie. Again the younger one was really excited to meet Bob the minion. They have both promised me that they won't be scared of Mickey and Minnie. We shall see.

I'm really hoping that this does open up on Thursday. My youngest niece is OBSESSED with Minnie and I know she would love this.

I'm a bit nervous about the characters with my two nieces who will be 3.5 and 4.75. We took them to a local baseball game recently because they would have several princesses there to meet to do a bit of a trial run. The younger did a great job and wasn't scared, while the older one was a bit more hesitant, but did warm up to them after a bit. At Zehnder's in Frankenmuth they have a chicken that walks around the restaurant and the last time we went my oldest niece was so scared of him she literally dove under the table and hid until he had left the dining room. She also wouldn't even look at the Minion the theater had dressed up when we went to see the movie. Again the younger one was really excited to meet Bob the minion. They have both promised me that they won't be scared of Mickey and Minnie. We shall see.

I'm really hoping that this does open up on Thursday. My youngest niece is OBSESSED with Minnie and I know she would love this.

Just had to comment....my family also loves Frankenmuth. Nice to see another Michigander here traveling to disney at Christmas. Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

based on the screen shots that have been leaked don't you think it's will be listed under hollywood and Vine and then the Minnie Holiday name after it?? that's what it looks like. the menu shows was a drop down for the choices: breakfast, lunch, hollywood and vine holiday dinner with Minnie

Also, the leaked screen shots make it look like breakfast, lunch, dinner is being show on the MDE app for hollywood and Vine. Does anyone still see this? I do!! When I am in the app it STILL as of right now shows me dinner as a pull down option for the dates that the holiday meal will be going on. Of course it doesn't come back with any openings, but it's there.

based on the screen shots that have been leaked don't you think it's will be listed under hollywood and Vine and then the Minnie Holiday name after it?? that's what it looks like. the menu shows was a drop down for the choices: breakfast, lunch, hollywood and vine holiday dinner with Minnie

Also, the leaked screen shots make it look like breakfast, lunch, dinner is being show on the MDE app for hollywood and Vine. Does anyone still see this? I do!! When I am in the app it STILL as of right now shows me dinner as a pull down option for the dates that the holiday meal will be going on. Of course it doesn't come back with any openings, but it's there.

The app shows all meals for all restaurants. At least on my iPhone it does. I discovered this awhile back with BOG breakfast. Someone posted that they saw breakfast showing on the app but not online so they thought it would be extended soon. I checked and restaurants like Via Napoli that don't serve breakfast showed breakfast as an option as well. I can't remember what others I checked that day but I know I checked several and all of them were showing breakfast as an option even though the restaurant didn't actually serve breakfast.

Ok...so everyone is thinking this will show up on it's own and not under H&V. I am going to assume the app won't work and use my laptop. I'll likely be up bright and early tomorrow morning at 5am texas time just in case it happens early. crazy things happen all the time ;)

Do the disboards do maint over night? When I get up around 4am I always get a message that the site is down.
Also I read in earlier posts people saying they saw 109 etc and got excited. When I do my search I filter it to just DHS and get 26 results. Am I searching wrong?
I feel it will be released soon and want to be sure I'm looking in correct spot.
I've been searching on my phone but using the browser not the app

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter