Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post a link?

The more I scanned through the posts, the more it looked like a group of Cast Member Wanna-Be's, with maybe a few posts from legit CMs mixed in here and there. You can type in "A Secret group of Disney's magical theme park Cast Members & Guests" and it should pop up. The posts are a mixed bag... I'm not putting much stock in it.

I hope is one credit, if it's 2, we may pass. This looks really cute, and I've been checking daily from the beginning. But we ate at Hollywood and vine for dinner last year, with the fantastic package, and we all agreed not even worth using 1 credit to get the fantastic seating. So as cute as this looks, I know I'd never convince the rest to give up 2 other meals for it.

I was told today by CM on the phone that Minnie will not be opening up till Thursday and there is no need or reason to try tomorrow it will start Thursday period. She also said BOG breakfast is not really opened up that some times for later than 90 days were an error glitch in the system or something.

Well BOG may not officially be opened up but many of us got ressies...so I"m still thinking Minnie may open early.

I was told today by CM on the phone that Minnie will not be opening up till Thursday and there is no need or reason to try tomorrow it will start Thursday period. She also said BOG breakfast is not really opened up that some times for later than 90 days were an error glitch in the system or something.

Does anyone else believe the BOG "glitch" is code for "saving face because it was mistakenly released, literally, an hour after our food manager announced it was opening on 8/5"?

They don't seem to know the definition of the word "glitch" and use it for human error more than anything else. Kind of amusing to me.

I'm pretty sure the BOG breakfast 90 day rule ended when it got extended through September. Booking for half of September and those first few days in October was more than 90 days out from when that opened. So they had the same glitch twice? They seriously need to have someone in their IT department take 5 minutes out of their day and remove that little note on BOG's page. It's just confusing people.

I'm 99.9% sure that children "stay" the age of when they started the trip. So if you started your trip when DS was 2 he would be considered a 2 year old for the duration of your vacation despite having a birthday in the middle of the trip.
*IMHO, then the age of 2 should still apply for things such as Pirates League and BBB where he wouldn't be old enough, but getting into the parks and buffets for free would be worth that for me.
I went the week my daughter was turning 3. She was free the entire stay for tickets and meals. She was able to do BBB on her 3rd birthday no problem.

I was able to book a breakfast ADR for BOG on 12/13 for a trip we are taking. I started booking ADR's in June exactly at the 180 day point (basically as soon as I could) and it was not available at all... until the other day. Seems unusual that it would be a glitch that suddenly let me book it. I hope the same glitch happens to Minnie, winky winky.

I'm 99.9% sure that children "stay" the age of when they started the trip. So if you started your trip when DS was 2 he would be considered a 2 year old for the duration of your vacation despite having a birthday in the middle of the trip.
*IMHO, then the age of 2 should still apply for things such as Pirates League and BBB where he wouldn't be old enough, but getting into the parks and buffets for free would be worth that for me.

I was going to say the same thing. Your child will still be considered 2 the entire time at Disney because he is 2 on the day you check in.

I think that would apply, but we're not on a 'trip' as such. We're locals, this will just be a day trip for my son's birthday.

For meals it is always the age at the time of the meal.

ok I now see.... I am sick. Had my calendar marked 90 days out for BOG breakfast .... their website still says 90 days but looks like they just have not gotten around to editing that information. I literally feel sick. I just knew when they started doing breakfast my #1 place I wanted to go on my 1st Disney trip was in the bag after all. *sigh* its okay its okay I will go to bed and have sweet Disney dreams anyways... I will not cry. :( well maybe I will
What day did you need?

For meals it is always the age at the time of the meal.

But, that's not really possible if you are on the DDP right? I guess you could be expected to pay out of pocket the day they turn 3, but you wouldn't be able to add a DDP for only part of the stay for 1 person. Anyway, I've never been asked my kids ages when going through the gates or at restaurants. (Not that I'm encouraging lying, just an observation)

But, that's not really possible if you are on the DDP right? I guess you could be expected to pay out of pocket the day they turn 3, but you wouldn't be able to add a DDP for only part of the stay for 1 person. Anyway, I've never been asked my kids ages when going through the gates or at restaurants. (Not that I'm encouraging lying, just an observation)

Exactly -- we were on Free Dining for the trip when my DD turned 3. I couldn't add her to the dining plan even if I wanted to, and the CM told me several times I did't have to buy her a park ticket (which would give her dinign credits), so we just left her as an "infant" on all ADRs, even ones that were after her birthday. We were never questioned. I didn't feel like I was cheating. I would have gladly had her on my free dinig reservation, but there was no way to do that because of her age at the time we arrived.

"Patiently" waiting...... :) this will be my little one's first trip! My husband hasn't been since he was 6. We can't wait! We are so excited to go when everything is decorated for Christmas and to celebrate the little ones 3rd birthday.

"Patiently" waiting...... :) this will be my little one's first trip! My husband hasn't been since he was 6. We can't wait! We are so excited to go when everything is decorated for Christmas and to celebrate the little ones 3rd birthday.
Congrats! Hope you guys have a great time. We are going in Dec to celebrate our daughter's 2nd birthday and can't wait for all the Christmas stuff too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter