Mini-trip TR ~ Emma's First trip, My first MNSSHP and F&W! LOOKING AHEAD!

Yay more TR! :goodvibes lovely photos of the Studios.. I could take a million photos of ToT.. it always looks so spooky! :rotfl:

I know what you mean about going with other people and not doing wdw your own way... I had to wear my big sunglasses ALOT in July with DBF's family.. so they wouldn't see me rolling my eyes at their indecisiveness/complaining, etc!! :rolleyes: lol

Looking forward to 'Ohana & MNSSHP.... :wizard:

Emma princess: x

I also love TOT! I have a million pics of it! I am such an eye-roller, too!

Yay, am loving everything so far. Emma is sooo cute. More please :)

Thanks!

Yay! Great update!:woohoo:

Lovely to see CBR - we really enjoyed staying there last year!

Emma is sooooo cute!:love:

I will pos tmore pics of our room later. We had a Nemo-themed room and it wasn't until the last night that I took pics!

great update.

Any chance you'll be in WDW this coming July?

Actually....it is possible! Our APs run out on the 19th so we need to make a final trip sometime between the end of school, June 24th and July 19th. We're either going to go the very last week in June, the week AFTER the 4th or MAYBE even brave the 4th and go that week! When are you going??

I would be stressed/anxious too w/a group like that. DH and I are the same way, we just want to drop our stuff and go right to the parks! On our trip next month my parents and aunt are coming to Epcot with us just for the day. I already know it's not going to be the same pace we're used to but it will still be fun! :thumbsup2

One day will be fine. And I think if they are willing to leave the day up to you, it will be easier. We have a friend who is just like me and he always goes with his 2 kids, wife, her sister, brother, mother and father. After this trip, I had to ask him how he does it! He said it's because they all know that he is in charge, basically and they do whatever he's planned. They would never go without him. My sister, on the other, goes often so she was not going to have US make the plans!

Hey, I didn't see you at the party on Friday night! You were there right?? How was your quickie trip?

We are probably going the first week of July.

I finish work on June 30.

We should do something together, like a meal or something!

Emma is adorable! It must have been worth it to see the smiles on her face. You and your sister look a lot alike! Can't wait to read more popcorn::

Emma is adorable! It must have been worth it to see the smiles on her face. You and your sister look a lot alike! Can't wait to read more popcorn::

Yes, we do look very similar! We get that a lot!

Would you recommend Carribean? Have you ever been to Port Orleans Riverside?

Are you going for SURE the first week of July? Will you be there over the 4th? I'm scared! I can't seem to find any past threads about that time.

I loved CBR the first time we stayed there but not as much this time. The reason is...ME drops you off and picks you up at the Custom House. This place is NOT on the regular bus route, in other words, you can't get a back to the MK from here. From the Custom House, you have to get an internal bus to your building section.

The first time we stayed there it really wasn't a big deal because we did a split stay so we had bell services come and take our bags over to the WL for the second half of the trip and I didn't have to go back to the Custom House at all. This time it was a pain because we had breakfast at the MK at 8:05 the morning we checked out so that meant we had to have bell services come to get our bags at 7:00am and we had to go with him to the Custom House to do airline check-in and have them hold our carry-ons.

Not THAT big of a deal, but was a little bit of a pain.

I have stayed at POR MANY times, even back when it was Dixie Landings. Stayed there with Tom once. I think we might actually try POR again for this upcoming trip! I will DEFINITELY request a building location this time though. We had a bad one last time.

Oh that is funny! Where did you guys stay?? I can't believe you're going back Jersey Week! How were the flight rates? I'm going to have to find your TRs!

We went to Disney's Vero Beach for the weekend where my BFF Lonnie & her DH Mike spent the weekend with us. Then we stayed at OKW for 4 nights. It was a really good trip- we golfed and did F&W and got massages and ate at V&A's- very grown-up!

For NJ week we are actually going on Weds and coming back the next Tuesday because of the flight $$$$. For 5 of us we are saving $1000 doing this- but of course we miss out on Tuesday being off which I guess I forgot about when I booked. :headache: Originally we were going to spend a full week in Kidani, and I REALLY wish that's what we were still doing, but the airfare was sooooooooo stupid, we switched to 2 nights Kidani, 2 nights HRH (for roller coasters for the boys and a visit to Pods' aunt on the west coast one afternoon) and 2 nights at BLT. Just not going to unpack, I guess, and I'll probably put seperate stays (Disney vs. US) in seperate luggage. But knowing I was going back in a month made getting on the plane this trip a whole lot easier!!:thumbsup2

OK- going back to catch-up!!

POR is my FAVE! We stayed there 4 times!

We chose it again :)

We have been to WDW in July during July 4 a lot of the time. Not a biggie when you are a Disney pro. And we don't go in a park on the 4th :)

Hi! I'm new here! LOL...I just love reading Trs and can't get enough of them!

We're not going untill like 2011...apparently the Amry didn't like my 2010 plans:sad2:, but anyway!

Emma is so cute and your family isn't too shabby either! I can't wait for the update!

oh and btw, we always request Magnolia bend. And my mom wants a Water view this time. We did it once, but our view was blocked by stairs and bushes. So we'll request a 2nd floor or higher. Of course we'd love a corner room, but what are the chances lol

We went to Disney's Vero Beach for the weekend where my BFF Lonnie & her DH Mike spent the weekend with us. Then we stayed at OKW for 4 nights. It was a really good trip- we golfed and did F&W and got massages and ate at V&A's- very grown-up!

For NJ week we are actually going on Weds and coming back the next Tuesday because of the flight $$$$. For 5 of us we are saving $1000 doing this- but of course we miss out on Tuesday being off which I guess I forgot about when I booked. :headache: Originally we were going to spend a full week in Kidani, and I REALLY wish that's what we were still doing, but the airfare was sooooooooo stupid, we switched to 2 nights Kidani, 2 nights HRH (for roller coasters for the boys and a visit to Pods' aunt on the west coast one afternoon) and 2 nights at BLT. Just not going to unpack, I guess, and I'll probably put seperate stays (Disney vs. US) in seperate luggage. But knowing I was going back in a month made getting on the plane this trip a whole lot easier!!:thumbsup2

OK- going back to catch-up!!

Sounds like you had a lovely trip! :thumbsup2 Sounds like a fun week planned for NJ week. A friend of mine from work (jasliv on this thread ;)) is also going at that time to visit JUST Universal and Sea World. I can't understand being THAT close to WDW and not going and she sort of feels the same way but her reasoning is that once your on a "disney trip" you don't want to go anywhere else! So the only way to do those other parks is to plan a trip JUST for them! :thumbsup2

Hi! I'm new here! LOL...I just love reading Trs and can't get enough of them!

We're not going untill like 2011...apparently the Amry didn't like my 2010 plans:sad2:, but anyway!

Emma is so cute and your family isn't too shabby either! I can't wait for the update!

Thanks for joining!!! So glad you're enjoying the TR. :thumbsup2

oh and btw, we always request Magnolia bend. And my mom wants a Water view this time. We did it once, but our view was blocked by stairs and bushes. So we'll request a 2nd floor or higher. Of course we'd love a corner room, but what are the chances lol

That's funny. I've stayed there probably more than any other resort....with WL in a close second! We stayed in Magnolia Bend a couple of times but I prefer Alligator Bayou. We're definitely going to request a building if we decide to stay there this time.

Nikki---excuse me being rude and hijacking your TR--but I have a question for PopArtGal...thanks, your the best! :worship: Great update by the way! Cant wait for Ohana!

PopArtGal--We are going to POR in january and I chose Magnolia Bend/Magnolia Terrace. Is that a good building? The one think we are most concerned with is being closest to the food court, etc. b/c we have a young child. We def. want to stay in the mansions area. Thanks!! I have had a hard time finding people who stayed in the mansions area. Most stay at FQ or Alligator Bayou.

Nikki---excuse me being rude and hijacking your TR--but I have a question for PopArtGal...thanks, your the best! :worship: Great update by the way! Cant wait for Ohana!

PopArtGal--We are going to POR in january and I chose Magnolia Bend/Magnolia Terrace. Is that a good building? The one think we are most concerned with is being closest to the food court, etc. b/c we have a young child. We def. want to stay in the mansions area. Thanks!! I have had a hard time finding people who stayed in the mansions area. Most stay at FQ or Alligator Bayou.

Haha! No problem!! But maybe I can help, as I have stayed in both sections of POR as well.

First of all, have you seen a map of the resort? There are 4 large "mansions" in the magnolia bend section. That section is across the river and there are some buildings in Alligator Bayou that are closet to the food court. Take a look at the map and that should help you decide what building to request. That's what I did with this trip to CBR and I got just the building I wanted. :thumbsup2

POR MAP

Christy...what say you? ;)

I have stayed in Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House. We preferred Magnolia Terrace. It is really close to the bridge that brings you to the pool, then to the food court. In any case, I loved the stroll in the morning to go get myself some breakfast :)

Great updates, Nikki! Your niece is so adorable! I am learning that I prefer to do our trips without other family along, just because that way I'm not stressed about making sure they're having a good time. Thanks for the suggestions on the plans for my parents, by the way -- they were at Epcot at RD, picked up FPs for Soarin', rode it standby immediately with a 15 minute wait, and then headed to AK to do the stuff over there, then back to Epcot. (This was just this past Saturday) I warned them about the potential for crowds but they said Epcot really wasn't that bad at all and that it was more crowded in July than it was this past Saturday. They said the crowds really picked up around 7 pm in WS, though. But they had a great time.

My girls and I absolutely LOVED MNSSHP and are planning to go back next year. Loved it! The parade was fabulous -- we liked it better than SpectroMagic. The decorations were amazing and we loved being able to ride everything without having to wait in line. It was great!

Looking forward to your next installment!

Great updates, Nikki! Your niece is so adorable! I am learning that I prefer to do our trips without other family along, just because that way I'm not stressed about making sure they're having a good time. Thanks for the suggestions on the plans for my parents, by the way -- they were at Epcot at RD, picked up FPs for Soarin', rode it standby immediately with a 15 minute wait, and then headed to AK to do the stuff over there, then back to Epcot. (This was just this past Saturday) I warned them about the potential for crowds but they said Epcot really wasn't that bad at all and that it was more crowded in July than it was this past Saturday. They said the crowds really picked up around 7 pm in WS, though. But they had a great time.

My girls and I absolutely LOVED MNSSHP and are planning to go back next year. Loved it! The parade was fabulous -- we liked it better than SpectroMagic. The decorations were amazing and we loved being able to ride everything without having to wait in line. It was great!

Looking forward to your next installment!

Isn't she really the cutest?! Glad your parents had a successful day on Saturday! Wasn't the MNSSHP parade the best?! I loved it!!

More TR coming up! :thumbsup2

Day 1 ~ October 2, 2009
'Ohana, MNSSHP​

So we got back to CBR by around 3:15 and had just about an hour to shower and get ready.

I showered first and noticed that the shower was NOT draining. All the water was just collecting in the tub and it was kind of gross. I felt especially bad for Tom who showered after me, standing in my dirty shower water!

So as I blowdryed my hair, Tom called the front desk. They said they would put in a work order and we didn't need to be there for them to fix it. Honestly, I didn't expect it to get fixed...I was fully prepared to be pissed off the next time I showered...

Our 'Ohana ADR was for 5:10. We got to the bus stop exactly the time I planned - 4:15, I told myself 4:30, the latest! So I was happy that we were there with plenty of time to spare.

The plan was to get a bus to the MK and take the monorail from there to the Poly.

Well, we waited.....we waited....we waited...we decided to take some pics...

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

By the time the clock hit 4:30, and still no MK bus, I was starting to worry. So we decided to just hop on the next bus that came and take a bus to the Poly from there. So when the DHS bus pulled up, we got on. On the way, I asked the bus driver what number stop the Poly was and luckily it was just a few stops away from where we were dropped off.

Right next to the Poly stop, was a TT stop with a bus pulling up....so we quick changed our plans again and hopped on THAT bus, deciding to walk from TTC to Poly.

ry%3D480

By the time the bus pulled into the TTC, it was 5:00 and I was worried! So instead of walking to the Poly, we sort of jogged. Now, we stayed at the Poly this summer and did the walk from the TTC many times.....NEVER did I remember that walk being that long!

There was a long line at the check-in desk, just like there was in July, but we got up to the desk at exactly 5:10 and after a few minutes wait, we were seated.

We were so hungry and very excited to get started on this delicious bread!
ry%3D480

Tom got a drinky drink but I just went for the diet coke. It was going to be a long night at the MK and I didn't want to get sleepy.
ry%3D480

The food was sooo delicious, just as we remembered!
ry%3D480

This little guy did not get all his "hair" plucked!
ry%3D480

I had to take a sneaky picture of our waiter because he so resembled my friend's husband!! (jasliv, on this thread!)
ry%3D480

He was very nice and when it was time for dessert, we ordered two coffees and told him to HOLD the sauce that goes on top of the bread pudding. We could have eaten more meats, although we were very full, we left some room in the corners for the fantastic bread pudding!! We were so excited for it.

When our waiter came to our table and put that plate/bowl down on our table, we both stared with our mouths slightly opened......before we could stop him, our waiter lifted the cup with the sauce and.....poured it all over the pudding, in my mind, RUINING IT!! Neither of us could say anything, it was like watching a car accident! I think I finally muttered "eeeehhhh" to which our waiter realized, "You didn't want me to do that..." Really, it was no big deal, he brought us a new one within minutes and it was marvelous!!

While we were eating dinner, my sister was getting Emma ready for the party! I had bought her this dress from Babies R Us a few months ago because it was SO Minnie Mouse. So this was her "costume" for the party.

232323232%7Ffp63245%3Enu%3D3973%3E34%3A%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3247%3A%3B648334%3Bnu0mrj

Now back to us...we monorailed it from the Poly to the MK and walked in around 6:45, stopping to take some pictures, of course!! I was sooo excited to see it all decorated for Halloween.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I LOVE hearing that familiar Main Street music! It instantly puts me in the MK mood! We walked up to the train station to take some pics of Main Street. We saw a family up there so I offered to take their picture and then they offered to take ours.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Just as we were walking down the steps of the train station, the clocks chimed 7:00....and instantly the music changed from "Main street USA" music to Halloween party music! It was amazing and I LOVED it!!

More pics down Main Street.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We were waiting to the rest of the clan to meet up with us, so we decided to get in a ride on the TTA!!! It is one of our favorite rides and it was closed on our honeymoon. So we really couldn't wait!! Well....we could wait for me to use the bathroom, first, during which time Tom got a little creative with his photography.

ry%3D480

So from there, we went to the TTA. Uhhhhhh :confused3 who is this voice? Why are they talking to me like I'm a child? Where is the "Now approaching..." fairly scary voice of the TTA we all know and love???? Ugh, NOOOOO, they totally Judi Denched this narration! It was a total bummer. As was the part where I think I got asbestos poisining while riding through Space Mountain.

Oh well....what could you do? I don't understand it but it is what it is. I found out later that, even though the TTA reopened weeks earlier, this was the FIRST day they played that new narration. Drats.

Some pics from the ride.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Okay, I have SOOOO many pics from the party so I'm going to have to stop here and do more later because I KNOW I'm going to be over my picture limit!!

Great update.

Emma's outfit is so cute. I just want to hold her and kiss her cheeks again and again lol

Judi Dench on TTA? OOOOO that IS weirdness:eek:
was there any Tom Morrow? too many changes at once just messes with my mind:sad2:
The picture of Emma in the Minnie outfit was beyod cute!!!! If I had a little girl we'd be in the poor house on outfits alone! She is so adorable!

Judi Dench on TTA? OOOOO that IS weirdness:eek:
was there any Tom Morrow? too many changes at once just messes with my mind:sad2:
The picture of Emma in the Minnie outfit was beyod cute!!!! If I had a little girl we'd be in the poor house on outfits alone! She is so adorable!

Well, it's not REALLY Judi Dench. When I say they "Judi Denched" it, I mean they did to TTA what they recently did to Spaceship Earth....which is now narrated by Judi Dench. And no, no more "paging Mr. Morrow." :(

No more paging Tom Morrow??? Oh no. That is probably the worst part of it. BUT the picture of the castle cheered me up! I'm a runner and they say there is a runner's high. Well, I kind of get that way when I run but I get a total Disney high when I see that castle! All these good feelings just wash over me and I smile automatically!

Emma is adorable in her 'costume'. That is too cool that she got it at babies 'r' us without a 'costume' price tag & the ears make it PERFECT! Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter