Mini-trip TR ~ Emma's First trip, My first MNSSHP and F&W! LOOKING AHEAD!

We rode TTA on Friday and I was so disappointed with it...and I think we probably got asbestos exposure, too! LOL It was such a let down. I remember riding People Mover at Disneyland and how much I loved that so I had high hopes. Oh well..... I was SO disappointed with the narration. I was looking forward to hearing Mr. Morrow be paged!! LOL

We love 'Ohana...and we love the sauce that they put on the bread pudding! LOL I'm glad they brought you a new one. I've made it at home a couple of times and it turns out pretty well, although never as good as it is at 'Ohana.

Emma is just too darn cute!

great update... looking forward to the MNSSHP photos soon!

Mr Morrow is still paged in the queue for Star Tours ;) .... it makes DBF jump every time (used to on TTA too!) as his surname sounds a lot like Morrow :rotfl:

Emma princess: x x

No more paging Tom Morrow??? Oh no. That is probably the worst part of it. BUT the picture of the castle cheered me up! I'm a runner and they say there is a runner's high. Well, I kind of get that way when I run but I get a total Disney high when I see that castle! All these good feelings just wash over me and I smile automatically!

Emma is adorable in her 'costume'. That is too cool that she got it at babies 'r' us without a 'costume' price tag & the ears make it PERFECT! Can't wait to read more!

I hear ya about the "disney high!" Yeah, the elimination of the old narration is a real bummer.

We rode TTA on Friday and I was so disappointed with it...and I think we probably got asbestos exposure, too! LOL It was such a let down. I remember riding People Mover at Disneyland and how much I loved that so I had high hopes. Oh well..... I was SO disappointed with the narration. I was looking forward to hearing Mr. Morrow be paged!! LOL

We love 'Ohana...and we love the sauce that they put on the bread pudding! LOL I'm glad they brought you a new one. I've made it at home a couple of times and it turns out pretty well, although never as good as it is at 'Ohana.

Emma is just too darn cute!

Oooh, you'll have to give me the recipe for that! I'd love to try to recreate it.

Isn't she just the cutest!?!

great update... looking forward to the MNSSHP photos soon!

Mr Morrow is still paged in the queue for Star Tours ;) .... it makes DBF jump every time (used to on TTA too!) as his surname sounds a lot like Morrow :rotfl:

Emma princess: x x

That's funny!

Although with the refurb of Star Tours coming soon, who know if that Mr. Morrow will last there either!

RIP Mr Morrow:sad2:
Oh well, I guess things can't always stay the same. I still loved Walter Cronkite's voice in Space Ship Earth the best. He had a great voice. Sorry, don't want to stray off topic.
OK, back to pretty little girls in cute Minnie dresses!:cloud9:

Love the update~! O'hana is so solid, isn't it?

Also, Emma's outfit for MNSSHP was SOOOOO cute!! Wish they made one in my size. I especially loved her girly socks and sparkle shoes. princess:

Can't wait to see more pics from MNSSHP!! Oh, and thanks alot for advice on POR. The map is a little confusing for me. I just researched my butt off and found out that Magnolia Trace was the most convenient, so we went that route.

RIP Mr Morrow:sad2:
Oh well, I guess things can't always stay the same. I still loved Walter Cronkite's voice in Space Ship Earth the best. He had a great voice. Sorry, don't want to stray off topic.
OK, back to pretty little girls in cute Minnie dresses!:cloud9:

I am a Jeremy Irons fan, myself. I like sort of being scared into listening to the history of communication. With Judi Dench, I feel like I'm in school.

Oh, there will be plenty more pictures of pretty little girls...one in particular!

Love the update~! O'hana is so solid, isn't it?

Also, Emma's outfit for MNSSHP was SOOOOO cute!! Wish they made one in my size. I especially loved her girly socks and sparkle shoes. princess:

Can't wait to see more pics from MNSSHP!! Oh, and thanks alot for advice on POR. The map is a little confusing for me. I just researched my butt off and found out that Magnolia Trace was the most convenient, so we went that route.

'Ohana is where it's at! Yes, Emma was just adorable that night, as always, IMO!

Good, glad you figured out what works best for you. Just a word of warning though, I'm pretty sure you can't guarantee which section of Port Orleans Riverside you are in. You can request to be put in Magnolia Bend, in the Magnolia Terrace building, but it's only a request. The only thing you can decide for sure is that you want to be in Port Orleans Riverside over Port Orleans French Quarter, as they are two seperate resorts.

Great update and that outfit is just too cute on her :)

She's a princess!! princess: I feel like I can keep complimenting her myself because I'm not her mother so it's not bragging!!

So from there, we went to the TTA. Uhhhhhh :confused3 who is this voice? Why are they talking to me like I'm a child? Where is the "Now approaching..." fairly scary voice of the TTA we all know and love???? Ugh, NOOOOO, they totally Judi Denched this narration! It was a total bummer. As was the part where I think I got asbestos poisining while riding through Spaceship Earth.
I was so confused when I read this, since I thought for sure I heard the old narration when I rode, which, if I'm thinking straight, was only two days before. But then I read that you rode the first day the narration switched.

I'm going to have to ride it again next time to hear the new voice, but my guess is I won't like it as much.

Nikki --

You can find the bread pudding recipe at AllEars.net -- go to dining, and scroll down -- "WDW Recipes" will be on the left. There are TONS of recipes listed. I've printed out a bunch of them -- I have two of the Disney cookbooks but there are a lot of recipes on AllEars.net that aren't in my cookbooks.

Link: http://allears.net/din/rec_obp.htm

Nikki --

You can find the bread pudding recipe at AllEars.net -- go to dining, and scroll down -- "WDW Recipes" will be on the left. There are TONS of recipes listed. I've printed out a bunch of them -- I have two of the Disney cookbooks but there are a lot of recipes on AllEars.net that aren't in my cookbooks.

Link: http://allears.net/din/rec_obp.htm

Good to know! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much sweetie!!

I just received the postcard! It made my day!

OH I'm so glad you finally got it!! I was wondering how long it would take to get there!

Day 1 (still!) ~ October 2, 2009
MNSSHP!

So after our disappointing ride on the new TTA, I got in touch with my sister and she said to meet her in Adventureland! On the way, we stopped to take some pics in the "hub." I loved the Halloween statues that look permanent but are obviously not there all year!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

So we rushed over to Adventureland to meet up with Jamie, Justin, Emma, Mike and Christy. On our way, we passed by a character stop. We were quickly rushing by as the CMs were announcing who was in there...".blah, blah, blah, Jane." We both stopped dead in our tracks! JANE?? You NEVER see Jane! We asked how long the wait was, realized we didn't even care, and went in. There was only one other family in line in front of us and the CM was going on about how Jane will only be there 5 more minutes. So I snapped a pic of them real quick before the family in front of us went up to her JUST IN CASE!

ry%3D480

We were in time to get a picture but it didn't really come out that well. Oh well, at least we got the other one.

ry%3D480

When we finally met up with the crew, Christy and Jamie were just getting on the Flying Carpets.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Emma was sleeping at this point and we walked over to Pirates. The decor was all spooky and awesome! Since Emma was sleeping, we couldn't all ride together, so Mike and Christy went first while the rest of us posed for a photopass picture and then just hung around outside the ride.

ry%3D480

Remember when this used to be an actual fountain?
ry%3D480

I get really excited when we get picked to carry the line length checker card!
ry%3D480

After the ride, we walked around the path to Frontierland and the parade was just starting!! Jamie was upset because Emma was asleep and she was really excited for her to see the parade. When we plays the parade music at home, Emma gets sooooo excited! It was a little disappointed but there will be another parade!

So I walked right up to the rope all the way to the left, right at the spot where the floats JUST come out! Here are some pics I got from THAT viewing of the parade.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After the parade, we walked to Frontierland and found BTMRR to be closed due to technical problems. I really wanted to ride Splas, as it is my FAVORITE ride in all of WDW but no one else seemed really into it. My BIL finally agreed to go with me. Thankfully we did NOT get soaked, just a little wet on the bottom!

After that, we walked back toward the castle and there was some more indecisiveness so Tom took some time to take some castle pics.

ry%3D480

I bought Emma a light up necklace, and we settled in by The Crystal Palace for the fireworks.

ry%3D480

Emma didn't quite know what to make of the fireworks. She was interested...but then she would get a little freaked. It was loud!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After the fireworks, the rest of the gang wanted to get some dinner (since they didn't have the delicious meal at 'Ohana like we did!) so they went to Pecos Bills and we went to watch the Villians Mix and Mingle.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We "mingled" with them just a little. I got my pic with this guy from Hunchback and Tom got a little molested by the Queen of Hearts.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After the show, the second parade was about to start. I called Jamie and she had found a spot near Pecos Bill and since we were all the way near Sleepy Hollow, we decided to just watch from seperate areas.

Here are some MORE pictures from THIS viewing of the parade.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Somehow, we ended up near the HM to take a pic of that...
ry%3D480

By then, we were completely exhausted and decided NOT to meet up with the rest of the clan. We slowly wandered out.

ry%3D480

OF COURSE, CBR's bus was the furtherst one and we watched it pull away as we walked up to it! Bummer. We were there for probably about 20 minutes and then just as another bus pulled up, the rest of our clan came to the line too! They were like, "We thought you left a long time ago?!" It worked out good, though, because our carryon bags and stuff were still in their room so we stopped there on our way to our room and a good night's sleep!!

Up Next: Food and Wine!!!!!!!!

Awesome update, looks like you had lots of fun at MNSSHP and score for getting pics with Jane and Terk(?). Your parade pics are getting me excited for when we go next year, that headless horseman pic is a really good shot/angle :)

What did Emma think of the second parade?

The parade looks so cool with all the Haunted Mansion stuff.

So cool that you got to mingle with the villains.

They're my fave :)

just a word on the Port Orleans Riverside - you are totally right- you can only request. they will not guarentee anything for you. Magnolia is the best building IMO. Riverside is my fav place to stay (traslate my fav place in my budget to stay) if you do stay there, treat yourself to a boat ride over to DTD. it is really lovely!

Can't wait to hear about what you thought about F&W.

:woohoo:

Awesome update, looks like you had lots of fun at MNSSHP and score for getting pics with Jane and Terk(?). Your parade pics are getting me excited for when we go next year, that headless horseman pic is a really good shot/angle :)

What did Emma think of the second parade?

I had to put my camera on the "sports/continuous" setting for the horseman shot. I just held down the button and it snapped somethinng like 4 pics a second! I had to weed through them all to find the one I liked best!

I wasn't with Emma but Jamie said she liked it. :thumbsup2

The parade looks so cool with all the Haunted Mansion stuff.

So cool that you got to mingle with the villains.

They're my fave :)

Yeah, all that stuff was soooo cool. I LOVED the haunted mansion ballroom dancers, the man and his dog were in the parade! The hitchhiking ghosts and i think the grave diggers were my favorite. They spun their shovels on the ground and they sparked. It was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter