• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mini-trip TR ~ Emma's First trip, My first MNSSHP and F&W! LOOKING AHEAD!

Welcome home! Wow, that was quick. Oh oh, thats a scary last sentence you gave us, so is that good news or bad....can't wait for your mini trip story!!

haha amen sister! That is why we are going with just our family in January. We figured it we swapped turns (ex: all family trip one time, immediate family next, then all family again...etc etc) we can enjoy WDW with everyone, but still get our time alone together. It is hard trying to please so many in a place with SO many options.

I am sure you had a great time despite. Cant wait to hear about it and see pics of adorable little Emma. Also,anxious to see pics of the Resort!! Glad you are back...good luck adjusting to reality tomorrow!

Yay you back, welcome home can't wait to hear/read all about it :)

Welcome home, Nikki! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it...we leave Friday morning. Just found out last night that DH can't get Friday off work (our school district doesn't allow teachers to take off the day before or after a holiday weekend or school break -- UGH), so it will just be me and girls at the party.

I'm glad you had safe travels!

Welcome home! My sister and I are thinking of taking my 2-year-old niece sometime in this next year, so I'm really interested to hear about how having a little one along changes things for a person used to touring adult-style.

Thanks for the welcome home, guys!!!! You are all the BEST!!

I put in some pics this afternoon but couldn't do them all because the machine only allows 200 at a time...and you KNOW I took more than that! Then I had to leave so I'll do the rest tomorrow and get them all put on a CD so that i can upload them easily to my shutterfly account and get this TR started!!!

Nikki --

I'm working on my parents' touring plan for Saturday and have a question...did you guys go to Epcot at RD during your trip? Trying to figure out if it would be best for my parents to just ride Soarin' at RD and then head to AK, or just grab FPs for Soarin' at RD, head to AK, and then after AK (they just want to see the two shows and ride the safari) head back to Epcot and use their FPs. What do you think?

All they want to do on this trip is ride Soarin' and Living with the Land, spend as much time as possible in WS, see IllumiNations, ride the safari and see Finding Nemo and FOTLK shows. They only have Saturday. I was going to have them be at Epcot 15 minutes before RD, go straight to Soarin' and get FPs, then drive over to AK and do the three things there, then head back to Epcot for the rest of the day. Some feedback I'm getting on that is that they should just be at Epcot for RD, ride Soarin' then, and then head to AK and after that head back to Epcot. What do you think?

Nikki!

I can't believe you went to WDW the day after I came home from WDW!!! We just missed each other! I just finished my DISmoms TR and am about to start a new one....while doing the HHI one still...AND we are ALL going back NJ week!!:yay:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading about your mini-trip!:goodvibes

Ellen

Welcome back, sweetie!

Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Thanks!

Nikki --

I'm working on my parents' touring plan for Saturday and have a question...did you guys go to Epcot at RD during your trip? Trying to figure out if it would be best for my parents to just ride Soarin' at RD and then head to AK, or just grab FPs for Soarin' at RD, head to AK, and then after AK (they just want to see the two shows and ride the safari) head back to Epcot and use their FPs. What do you think?

All they want to do on this trip is ride Soarin' and Living with the Land, spend as much time as possible in WS, see IllumiNations, ride the safari and see Finding Nemo and FOTLK shows. They only have Saturday. I was going to have them be at Epcot 15 minutes before RD, go straight to Soarin' and get FPs, then drive over to AK and do the three things there, then head back to Epcot for the rest of the day. Some feedback I'm getting on that is that they should just be at Epcot for RD, ride Soarin' then, and then head to AK and after that head back to Epcot. What do you think?

Oh boy...that's a tough one.

First of all, we were NOT there at RD on Saturday BUT I will tell you this...Epcot was PACKED! Probably more crowded than I've seen it in the middle of July, mostly in WS for Food and Wine. I imagine it was a lot of locals and that the weekdays are less crowded.

I think going back and forth might be too much, especially for just those 3 things at AK. You know me, I'd just stay in Epcot the whole day! But if they must do AK, then definitely be at Epcot at RD, RIDE Soarin' and any other FW rides in the morning. That should put them on the AK bus by 10/10:30, let's say they get to AK at 11:00 the latest. Then they can do those things they want, maybe grab lunch and head back to Epcot after lunch, going STRAIGHT to World Showcase.

That's what I would do. :thumbsup2

Nikki!

I can't believe you went to WDW the day after I came home from WDW!!! We just missed each other! I just finished my DISmoms TR and am about to start a new one....while doing the HHI one still...AND we are ALL going back NJ week!!:yay:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading about your mini-trip!:goodvibes

Ellen

Oh that is funny! Where did you guys stay?? I can't believe you're going back Jersey Week! How were the flight rates? I'm going to have to find your TRs!

Sorry guys! I don't have all my pics uploaded yet. I had to make 2 seperate trips to CVS to do my pics because you can only do 200 at a time and by the time I got to 200, I had to leave. So for the next 135, I printed them AND decided to put those on a CD. So I only have the last 135 pics uploaded at the moment and I can't very well start my TR on day 3! Sooooo.....just to keep you interested, here's a pic of Emma meeting her very first characters at Crystal Palace!!! We were thrilled that she LOVED the characters...she actually cried when they left the table and if she would spot them again, she would point and stare! So precious!

(You'll notice in most of the pictures I have of her, she's completely serious. This kid does NOT like to smile for pictures. She is more smiley in these pics than all the others I have.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Sooo cute!!:cutie: Boy, you all must be happy Emma loved the characters! You never know how they will react. Most little kids are scared! She is adorable, and what a big smile!:) Can't wait to see more! Went to your room later on to look at the rest and you were gone! Bring them back!!

So cute!!!

Thanks for the feedback on the plan for my parents for Epcot and AK on Saturday. I just hope they have a good time (you know how much I stressed about that for our July trip!)...I made sure to warn them about the crowds and we made an alternate evening plan for them if they decide WS is just too crowded for them. Keep your fingers crossed!

The girls and I are getting in the car in about 45 minutes to drive down to WDW and go to tonight's MNSSHP -- can't wait! Of course, I've got a horrible, horrible cold but at least I was able to get some sleep last night and the cold is a little better than it was the last two days. The girls will be wearing their costumes tonight but I won't...I made a "50s girl" pink poodle skirt for myself (it turned out pretty cute, actually) but it's out of felt and it's supposed to be 90+ degrees today. So it's just too hot for me to wear it tonight. Oh well.....

Can't wait to read more about your trip after I get back from mine!

So cute!!!

Thanks for the feedback on the plan for my parents for Epcot and AK on Saturday. I just hope they have a good time (you know how much I stressed about that for our July trip!)...I made sure to warn them about the crowds and we made an alternate evening plan for them if they decide WS is just too crowded for them. Keep your fingers crossed!

The girls and I are getting in the car in about 45 minutes to drive down to WDW and go to tonight's MNSSHP -- can't wait! Of course, I've got a horrible, horrible cold but at least I was able to get some sleep last night and the cold is a little better than it was the last two days. The girls will be wearing their costumes tonight but I won't...I made a "50s girl" pink poodle skirt for myself (it turned out pretty cute, actually) but it's out of felt and it's supposed to be 90+ degrees today. So it's just too hot for me to wear it tonight. Oh well.....

Can't wait to read more about your trip after I get back from mine!

Oh have fun!!!!!! You will have a blast! We LOVED the Halloween party and we loved the parade so much, we saw it twice!

Aww bless her she looks so entranced by them. Such a cutey :)

More please popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter