• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

Those are really awesome colors! I've always liked pairing all the warm and bright colors together. Especially pink with orange and pink with yellow. :goodvibes

Fabulous!!!

Thank you! I'm glad you like them! :goodvibes I hope DF likes them too

Pink and yellow would also be very pretty and I never even thought of that. Kind of like pink lemonade! :cutie: Which I love!!!

OOOh Mindy, those colors are striking together! I adore Martha Stewart Wedding stuff!! YAY!! Your ring shipped so quickly and just think it was from the Tiffany's like as in Breakfast at...LOL :lovestruc it!

I love these colors and I hope DF agrees. We can't talk about it until January .... :headache:

The NYC Tiffany's was the first Tiffany's I ever went inside, so it's pretty special :lovestruc I can't wait! I've been doing the I'm-getting-my-ring dance all weekend :woohoo:

I had a nice little surprise in the mail today. Last week FMIL sent me an email to be expecting something in the mail from her and FFIL, but I had forgotten all about it. UPS showed up at my door around 10am, and inside the package was this:

5259744722_de90e38c36_o.jpg

Here's a smaller but better picture from the internetz:

5259135579_5176cb383c_o.jpg

It's called "Minnie's Dream Proposal." :lovestruc I love it, what a nice surprise! Our first engagement gift. It had me in happy tears this morning. :love: I am entering into one of the nicest, sweetest families you can imagine, and I'm feeling very fortunate today!!

In ring news, my ring is still on schedule to be delivered tomorrow! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Oh my gosh, you got a Tiffany's ring!?!?! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy you got what you wanted. I can't wait to see pictures!

By the way, I love the colors you're looking into. Pink and orange look fantastic together!

I just subbed! ;) Can't wait to see photos of your ring! And I'm totally digging the pink and orange. That color combo was in the running for a while with me.

I love these colors and I hope DF agrees. We can't talk about it until January .... :headache:

DF doesn't love our colors since we switched from Tiffany Blue and Lime to Clover and Black. That's okay :) I stated my case and told him that I promised it would look amazing! Make sure you have a great argument planned when you go over your colors :) More or less if you just keep talking, they'll give in :cutie:

Love your plans so far!

DF doesn't love our colors since we switched from Tiffany Blue and Lime to Clover and Black. That's okay :) I stated my case and told him that I promised it would look amazing! Make sure you have a great argument planned when you go over your colors :) More or less if you just keep talking, they'll give in :cutie:

Love your plans so far!

Haha, thanks for the good advice! I think black + any color looks very classy for a wedding.

I get the feeling DF will agree to whatever I want, as long as he doesn't have to wear a bright pink suit. :laughing:

I was dragging my feet on doing a planning journal, but I found them so helpful when I began considering a Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding that I thought maybe all the things I’ve learned could help other brides

I get the feeling DF will agree to whatever I want, as long as he doesn't have to wear a bright pink suit. :laughing:

My DF is the same way. He knows the colors are way more important to me than it is to him. Now that I think about it, he wasn't too keen on the idea of having pink as one of the colors. That's the only comment about the colors from DF, though. :cutie:

My DF is the same way. He knows the colors are way more important to me than it is to him. Now that I think about it, he wasn't too keen on the idea of having pink as one of the colors. That's the only comment about the colors from DF, though. :cutie:

DF has no choice, there's gonna be some pink in there somewhere!!! But I'll be good, no pink explosion.

I'm so excited because I have a friend who I met through facebook (pet society) who is an amazing artist, and she agreed to make me some engagement announcements that are written and drawn like a fairy tale book! I'm so excited, but I'm stuck with one part.

DF and me met at a comedy theater, so I want to mention that, but I'm not sure how to translate that into "fairy tale" speak. For example, we don't live in Los Angeles, we live in the "kingdom." And we don't take vacations, we go on "adventures." I was thinking comedy theater, like jesters, but not quite sure how to word it .... I'm not even sure I'm making much sense right now. :confused:

The announcements sound amazing! Yes translating into medieval talk is tres difficile! I think you are on the right track though. I am so not creative that way with writing, my DF does all the coming up with awesome ideas...I will run it by him tho and see if he can help!! ;) Yay for networking, I can't wait to see what they look like!:thumbsup2

Thanks! I pretty much am have the poem all done but I'm stuck on that one part. Grrr .... I'm hoping something will magically come to me this weekend.

I just realized I never posted my ring! :headache: So here it is:

5272768101_d208a4d1fc_z.jpg

5273376734_84184f2002.jpg

Also, tonight we had early Christmas at my parents' house because my fiance is going back home for Christmas weekend, and my mom had this made for us:

5272774751_f0ab67d3bf.jpg

I just love how they are standing next to the tree, just like how Tim and I were next to the tree at Disney when he proposed. I think it's too cute!!

Okay, I know it's a bit early in the process, but I can't sleep so I'm looking at dresses. My budget will be around $500 so I've been looking at dresses meant for bridesmaids (but who would know the difference, really?).

Sorry, I'm too lazy to save these to my flickr so I'm just posting links.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collect...c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=0&colorId1=
Love this one in white and pink trim, although I really want sleeves.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collect...c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=0&colorId1=
This is probably the front-runner. With some sleeves added, I cannot image a more perfect dress to fit my style. Of course, the colors would be white with pink trim (and a pink petticoat maybe?)

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/20588/Alfred-Angelo-2084-Size-14.html
I really like the top of this dress but not the bottom. The bottom is too froo-froo for me.

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/21110/Maggie-Sottero-Dallas-Marie-Size-12.html
Same with this one, the bottom is a bit too much for me but I find myself being drawn to this dress.

What does everyone think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter