~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

Awww, your ornament is so cute and super thoughtful! I love your ring, so lucky that you got the one you wanted. As far as the dresses, I really like the second one, I can picture it with pink. ;)

You may have noticed I changed my thread title ....

DF leaves tomorrow night to spend Christmas with his folks, and we went to dinner and were discussing how his folks will probably offer to give us some money for the wedding. We were discussing how much a DLR wedding would cost (Escape package) since that's the only place I've researched. :rolleyes1

So I said, I really can see us having our wedding at Disney, what do you think about that? And he said he thinks it would be a great idea and a lot of fun for us and our families. :yay:

I said, did we just choose a location? And he said, I think so! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I really can't imagine a more perfect place for us!! :cloud9:

Yay, I'm so happy!!!!!!

Yay for winning him over on a disney wedding! Just joining in and subscribing! Loving it all! I am a 2012'er too! Love your ring and colors! Def go and try on dresses! The one you fall in love with may not be what you thought you'd like or even try on!

Yay for winning him over on a disney wedding! Just joining in and subscribing! Loving it all! I am a 2012'er too! Love your ring and colors! Def go and try on dresses! The one you fall in love with may not be what you thought you'd like or even try on!

Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

Woo-Hoo I am so glad for you two! I think you and I should have a DISmeet at the park for lunch sometime in the new year to celebrate and share ideas! ;) I can also give you a mini tour if you are interested!

Woo-Hoo I am so glad for you two! I think you and I should have a DISmeet at the park for lunch sometime in the new year to celebrate and share ideas! ;) I can also give you a mini tour if you are interested!

YES!!!! I would love that!

I can't even tell you how relieved I was when DF said he would be okay with getting married at Disney. :cheer2:

Now that we have decided on Disney, the next step is to meet with someone there and find out more details about the Escape package.

From the brochure:

"This collection is ideal for smaller, or destination weddings. Maximum of (26) Guests. Package is $5,000.00 inclusive of service charge and tax (includes a three course luncheon or dinner menu). Package offered Monday – Thursday only, excluding holidays."

I hope we can make this work for us :goodvibes

DF is worried his parents won't understand our desire for a small, intimate wedding, and will offer to pay for us to have a big wedding. It's not really about the money (although it's kind of about the money, lol) but I personally really want a small wedding. DF is going to talk to his parents about it this weekend while he's visiting for Christmas. I'm glad he is having the talk and not me, lol. I already told my parents we are planning a small wedding mostly due to budget and they seemed okay with it. DF's parents are a little more traditional, and a few years ago they paid for his sister's destination wedding in the Bahamas and we are worried they will want to be "fair" and give us a wedding like that too. BUT I don't want a wedding like that. It's tough when I tell people I don't want a traditional wedding; I usually just get some blank stares or crazy looks, lol.

Anyway, moving on .....

I also went over to my BFF's apartment and we brainstormed about our logo that she is graciously designing for us. :lovestruc I told her I want to incorporate this image, or something like this image, with our monogram.

5286938771_f4b88e34b2_m.jpg

I can't wait to see what she comes up with! :banana:

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I am spending the day being quite lazy and enjoying my short vacation until back to work tomorrow.

I thought I'd quickly share a couple wedding-related gifts I received yesterday.

From FMIL: some cute bath gels.

5293939287_aab0211d8e.jpg

And these two from my mom. The first book is SO ME, hahaha. And if my mom ever complains about me bunking tradition I can remind her that I'm the anti-bride, hahaha. The second is a planner binder that I asked for that came with a free tote bag, which has an advert on it so I don't love it but it's free and it will do for now.

5293942479_6506f9a051.jpg

5294541544_58064a0481.jpg

How fun! I LOVE Philosophy stuff. How do they smell? Which is your favorite? Glad you got some wedding goodies to get 2011 off to an amazing planning start. HAHA, I like that...the anti-bride. Cool! Your Mom knows you very well. ;) So happy to hear you had a nice Christmas.

All the bath gels smell good but TBH I don't think they smell anything like the packaging would indicate. The bouquet one does have a floral smell but that's about it. Now that I think about it, they all kind of smell like flowers. haha

I'm feeling a little down today and I'm trying to not to panic.

I called DFTW to get some more information about the Escape weddings. I spoke with Tracy (who is SUPER nice) and found out that Escape weddings can only be booked six months in advance!! She said she could make a note to call me in OCTOBER 2011 to see if I'm still interested in an Escape wedding for May 2012! :sad2: To make matters worse, she said that they won't even know until around that same time if they will be offering Escape weddings in 2012! So even if I do wait until October to book, there's a chance I still may not be able to get the Escape package!

I'm a little heartbroken; our budget is only $12k and even if we do a weekday morning wedding we won't be able to afford a Wishes wedding when you tack on the tax and tip, etc, not to mention all the other things (like, uh, MY DRESS and his outfit). :(

I texted DF who is still in New England and he said not to worry and we will "figure it out." But I'm not sure how. :sad1:

TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, the last few days I've been toying with the idea of hiring The Roots for our wedding. I e-mailed them and they responded they would be excited to come to Disneyland. It would have been a big splurge but now if we can't do the Escape package I don't think there would be any way to fit them into our budget.

I hope everything works out for you! We have a small budget too, so we didn't even attempt a Disney wedding. Good luck, keep your optimism and enthusiasm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter