Mikkel (PixyDusted's) & Jason's PJ - DCL 9/26/2009 - HAIR ACCESSORIES

Is it just me did anyone else see hidden mickey glancing at the hair accessories??? OK I know they're pearls, but maybe they could be arranged as Mickeys :bride:

Mikkel - Congrats in advance. My best friend plans to be married on 9/10/09 on the Magic. We're hoping for a itinerary change so we'll be at sea 9/9/09 and can move the wedding day. Who thought we'd be hoping for a hurricane :boat:

Haha - yes, I see it! (Three adjoining circles always means hidden mickey, right? :rotfl:) Maybe there will be a hurricane on your sailing so there isn't on ours. :lmao:

Me too. Unfortunately, I learned the value of a Mac AFTER I bought another PC laptop. But you can be sure my next computer's going to be a MAC!!! My fiance has a gorgeous iMac and I have Mac envy!

We switched everything over a couple of years ago, and I mean everything! It was soooo worth it! I hope DF shares his iMac with you!

Love the clips... did you put the swavorski crystals in there? I love them I've made a few necklaces with them!! Scrapbook expo tomorrow!!! Can't wait

Love the clips... did you put the swavorski crystals in there? I love them I've made a few necklaces with them!! Scrapbook expo tomorrow!!! Can't wait

Yes, definitely used Swarovski crystals! Let me know how the expo is. I'm skipping it this time but I'll certainly be at CHA this summer.

Mikkel! What are you going to do now that the cake won't be served in Palo?
:lmao:

Hey girl!!!! It's getting close now!!!

I am lovin' those sexy shoes!! You go! And those hair clips are beautiful - great job (but i wouldn't expect anything less from you!!) :)

Hey Mikkel, hope you are doing well! We haven't heard from you in a while, and hope everything is alright. How was CHA? :goodvibes

I created these great tank tops for my bridal party and 2 good friends.

I simply bought 4 Daisy Duck rhinestone appliques from ebay, some other loose iron ons to make my own transfers and the necessary mylar paper to do so, and then tons of tank tops from Forever 21 for $3.50 a piece. Here's the photos...

Daisy Duck: I made four of these - 1 for me, and three for my bridal party (2 matrons of honor and 1 maid of honor). I decided it'd be really cute to wear to the pool during the cruise (cover up kind of) and I have visions of everyone's hair being in a pony tail :-) to reveal Daisy Duck on their backs! So cute, right?

Here's the back of the tank top (it looks REALLY long but when you put it on it bunches up so it's shorter):
WeddingTankTops5.jpg

And here's the front of the tank top on the left (plain) and the back on the right with the iron-on transfer:
WeddingTankTops6.jpg

Here's a close up of the design (I bought it "as is" so I didn't create this one - just simply ironed it on!):
WeddingTankTops4.jpg

I also really wanted to make something for the bridal party, myself, and my future SIL, Kristen, and my other really good friend Jill (I actually designed 2 extra for my future MIL and my mom too but I have to get them "mom appropriate" shirts to iron the design onto). For these I bought the mylar paper you need to make your own iron-on heat transfer design and loose rhinestones. I bought small black ones and really tiny "clear" ones.

I then printed out the design I created from Photoshop, and followed the instructions included with the mylar paper of how to create the design.

This is me with tweezers for 2 hours creating the design (well worth it!):
RhinestoneCreation.jpg

And then I ironed them on the front upper right-hand corner and voila!
Here's the tank tops...

Here's the front (three in a row...though I made 6 total so far):
WeddingTankTops.jpg

Here's the front even closer up:
DSC_0428.jpg

And here it is full length (and again, not as long on as when it's laying on the floor):
WeddingTankTops2.jpg

I also ordered sandels for my bridal party. I ended up just buying a pair for me to wear with jeans in everyday life and then bought 2 pair for my 2 matrons of honor. My sister (maid of honor) already has a pair she loves (actually she has them in a few colors). They're a great price - on sale for $9.99 - and they look better than the average flip flop.

My plan is for them to go barefoot but if the sand's too hot we need a back up plan. Here's the plan, ordered in silver (they look better on actually then they do in the photo):
Sandels.jpg

absolutely love the tank tops you made!!! I'm going to give it a shot :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter