Mikkel (PixyDusted's) & Jason's PJ - DCL 9/26/2009 - HAIR ACCESSORIES

PixyDusted

DIS Veteran
It's official! Df, Jason, and I just booked the April 30th, 3-day sailing for 2009 aboard the Wonder for our Castaway Cay wedding! I was so excited to share the news with other Disney brides. (Edited to Update: we postponed to the 9/24/09 sailing...which works MUCH better for us!)

You can read about our engagement aboard Disney's Magic here:
My DCL Proposal Story!

I'll keep you guys updated! So far we sent out our engagement announcements and the wedding invitations will follow shortly due to the nature of our wedding.

Yeah congrats!! Can't wait to follow your PJ!

Jennifer

Your proposal story is so romantic & sweet. Congratulations...can't wait to hear your wedding plans

yey! I'm so excited to follow another DCL PJ as my DBF and I are tentatively planning one ourselves and there is not too much info out there!

Awesome!!! I loving all the cruise weddings we have coming up!! DCL is the best..next year I want to go on another land and sea vacation for our anniversary.

It's so much fun reading everyone's comments!

It's about time I updated this right?

So I've been VERY busy! The funny thing about our Disney Cruise wedding, that I think is unique to the type of event it is, is that we've been feverously trying to book everyone's room reservations now...before the invitations have even gone out! :rotfl:

There's a few reasons for this: 1) get everyone the cheapest, best rates possible - the earlier we get them the better the chances are we can get them these great rates; 2) have our rooms near each others (watch out sailers for April 30th, 2009 sailing! We have almost an entire side of Deck 6 booked!) and 3) I'm making rather elaborate invitations with multiple inserts. So we're actually going to have 2 invitations - the elaborate one goes to those coming who actually NEED that info and then a simplier one that is just a single page that will go to those who cannot attend. I'm doing this because I'm making them myself and it will take extra time and money for the elaborate ones. And I certainly do NOT want to put that energy into the elaborate ones for those who can't come and may just end up throwing the invitation out because of it. :eek:

Also, I have been working really hard to get our engagement announcements out. I wish I had a photo to post of them but due to a shortage of actual announcements (my mom keeps telling me MORE people she wants me to send them to) Jason and I don't even have one! They're super cute though and I can't wait to post one when I have one! I made those too! :goodvibes

I do have photos of the three boxes I made for my bridal party, asking them to be in it! I bought three wood boxes at Michael's craft store (they were inexpensive and I'm on a tight budget as it is) and jazzed them up with scrapbook supplies (I'm an avid scrapbooker). That took me a while to complete only because I always have a million things going on at once. I've decided to keep the bridal party small. It consists of my older sister Jamie (maid of honor), my best friend Becca (matron of honor) and my best friend Lindsey (a second matron of honor). They are all TRULY my best friends in this world - loyal and trustworthy and though we all live in different locations (Manhattan, Connecticut, and DC) I remain close with them like we have been for YEARS! So they are truly the only three people I need or want in my wedding party. I contimplated some others (my good friend Jill since kindergarten, my soon to be sister-in-law and my little cousins) but decided to keep it small and very special.

BridalPartyBoxescopy.jpg

BridalPartyBoxes2copy.jpg

BridalPartyBoxes1copy.jpg

BridalPartyBoxes7copy.jpg

I included a personal note card to each one of them in the boxes as well.
BridalPartyBoxes12copy.jpg

On a guest list note: Jason and I were prepared to only have family there and our best friends. We were concerned about the cost not only for ourselves but for our guests to sail with us as well. And you have to remember that while Jason and I live in Orlando, our guests are traveling mostly from NY and some from Ohio. So not only is it the cost of the cruise, but airfare, at least 1 night in a hotel, and transportation to/from the port. (I looked into MANY options for weddings in Orlando, where df and I live, and DCL was our cheapest option. Not only that, when it came down to DCL or Celebration Hotel (around the same price) we decided that DCL is special to us while Celebration Hotel is not - we love the cruise line and want our guests to be able to experience it with us. And we LOVE that it's three days of everyone being together (especially when we hardly get to see our family and friends living so far away) away from internet (for the most part), telephones, etc! So we decided to bite the bullet and accept that if people couldn't come we would completely understand and not be offended but ultimately this is it the wedding we wanted and hey - it is about us for once!)

So far we have about 50 people coming! I've been pleasantly surprised by the response! Most of them are family and my parents' close friends I've grown up with that I certainly want there. If only everyone could agree on which dining seating to go to (I want the later as does my entire family and our guests, df wants earlier as does his older parents :sad2: ). Decisions, decisions!

Sounds like everything is starting out great! The boxes you made look really nice! I LOVE michaels! My Fiance's dad got me a gift card from Michaels for christmas last year and I was the happiest girl cruisin' through Michaels!

Sounds good! I love the boxes.

As for dinner, i would simply book the seating you want. Put in your invitation packet that you will be dining at 8:30pm each evening. If anyone wishes to dine with you, that is fine and they can, or they may choose to dine at an earlier time. I love the late seating but it isn't for everyone, and with a group that size, you'll never please everyone.

Good luck!

Jennifer

Sounds good! I love the boxes.

As for dinner, i would simply book the seating you want. Put in your invitation packet that you will be dining at 8:30pm each evening. If anyone wishes to dine with you, that is fine and they can, or they may choose to dine at an earlier time. I love the late seating but it isn't for everyone, and with a group that size, you'll never please everyone.

Thank you! I love how they turned out too. And they were received well. The three of them loved them!

I agree with you about the seating - the tough thing is that I at least wanted our parents to be at the same seating with us. Okay, rewind - I at least wanted Jason (df) to be at the same seating with me! :rotfl: Him and his parents want the earlier seating and I want the later one, as do my parents! I asked him last night "Do you really NEED the earlier seating? It's so early, especially on a three day cruise - I don't want to feel rushed through my day." He said "I will think about it"...I reminded him that on our other cruises together he got his way with the EARLIER seating and it was only fair! He didn't seem to care. :sad1:

Here is the engagement announcement I created.

EngagementAnnouncement2.jpg

I originally made 24 but of course the list of who was getting one kept growing and growing so I'm making 16 more to send out.

Here's what I used to make them:
- Martha Stewart 5x7 blank cards and envelopes with the aqua border
- "Digs My Heart" font
- Inkjet Printer
- Sewing Machine w/aqua thread
- Vellum
- Printed photos (3x4's)
- Aqua Ribbon
- Glue Dots
- Ring stamp
- Glitter
- Embossing powder
- Embossing heat gun
- Yellow chalk

First I printed the text on the cards. (We wanted to keep it simple and to the point!)

Then I embellished it...
There's very fine white glitter in the stone part of the ring. The ring is embossed on the card. Then I filled in the band of the ring with yellow chalk. I created pockets out of vellum with my sewing machine and adhered it to the card, then I inserted the following 2 photos into the pocket from the cruise we got engaged on:

Mikkel_Jason-Moonlight.jpg
Mikkel_Jason-4_whitebg.jpg

I tied a piece of ribbon and put it on the pocket with a glue dot. Then I stuffed the pockets and voila! Complete! It did take a VERY long time to do them and I work quickly but it was totally worth it. I got amazing feedback on them.

Here's an envelope example. I printed our return address/address and then stamped and embossed the engagement ring stamp (of course I used Disney stamps):

EngagementEnvelope1-1.jpg

And here's our thank you notes for our engagement gifts, which I printed our names on then stamped and embossed the engagement ring on and put some glitter on it:
EngagementThankYou-1.jpg

WOW! Great job on the announcements! Can i hire you to make my save the dates?? ;)

jennifer

WOW! Great job on the announcements! Can i hire you to make my save the dates?? ;)

jennifer

If you are serious...SURE! ;)

So by the way...in reference to the dinner seating - I FINALLY convinced Jason to agree to the later one. The problem was really his mom not being able to do the later seating b/c of her Bard's Esophagus (acid reflux) but truthfully the woman hardly even eats dinner. She eats a big lunch then MAYBE will eat a tiny green salad for dinner. I kept telling Jason "So me and the 40+ guests that are cruising with us from my side have to eat early b/c of your mom?" Not to be mean...but come on! That's crazy! So he said "My mom gave in." :love:

I couldn't resist purchasing these bubbles I found. I get emails on a regular basis from both The Knot and The Wedding Channel that they're having sales (I swear they have more sales than any other store I can think of!) so I got another routine one a few days ago, decided to look and found these awesome bubbles! They're cheap, I LOVE the color and I thought why not. :confused3 I my mind it's better to spread out the fun stuff we're buying for our cruise wedding then to wait until next year and see the bill after we purchase it all.

Heart Wedding Bubble Tubes - Aqua
P2036_m.jpg

$5.98 for a pack of 48 isn't bad! I figure I'll just store them in a closet until next year. I bought enough for the sail away party and the wedding. I LOVE how they look in photos and it's a blast to have them for the sail away celebration.

Also, I've decided to go with mygatsby.com for our wedding invitations. I was going to order the pieces and then do the printing and assembly myself but honestly for $50 more I may just bite the bullet and have them do them so I don't stress about another thing on my "to-do" list. I've been really happy with them so far. I had to call once about a question and they're were really helpful and I ordered a sample of all the papers for $5 and it was COMPLETELY worth it! If anyone's going to use them for invitations I would suggest you order samples first to see what the colors/paper textures truly look like in person.

Here's what df and I chose. (We're going with the neutral, beach feel...I wish the computer gave the color combo justice!):
Invitation.jpg

The back paper has a great texture on it and it's called "Espresso", the middle paper is Blue Raspberry (like the color of our engagement announcements) and the top one is called Poison Ivory, which actually is slightly metallic. Much prettier in my person that what shows up on a scan. It's not TOO metallic - just enough to be really elegant. And it reminds me of sand! Again, it's a darn shame it doesn't show up well when it's scanned.

That's a great price on the bubbles! I get the same emails from theknot too. I always look, I am waiting for the bath salts to go on sale. I'm gonna have to check that website out. I really like those colors.

LOVE your pj so far! :worship: All those DIY projects are AMAZING!! You're so talented! :worship: :worship:

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to steal, *ahem* I mean, borrow your great ideas!! :love: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter