Mickey's Very Merry Vacationers Land/Sea! We Are Home (TR LINK)

That was a bad morning. I agree after a few things you do just have to laugh. I try to look at things like that as God is protecting me from something, slowing me down. :) Those dresses are beautiful! Gotta get a family pic with those, would be great pic for Christmas cards.:)
Blown away by the landscape pics of the field trip. OMG. Love it. Hubby and I always said we were going to make a trip there, haven't got to yet. Someday.

I know I'm a bit bummed because by the time we get back from our trip it will be too late to send out Christmas cards. Guess I could make them Christmas, New Years Eve Cards.:confused3

oh man what a morning!!!

Those are nice dresses :)

I love your CO pics. I miss CO very much. I've been there 5 times and we always stay at Vail for a week in the summer but haven't been in 4 years or so!!

Vail is pretty too. The aspen make for great photos in the fall.

Your morning sounds like a nightmare and sounds like something that would happen to me. :laughing:
Those are gorgeous pictures of the mountains!
Those dresses are beautiful too! The girls are going to look so pretty!!!

Isn't it true? Sometimes I feel like I just attract those kind of situations like yesterday morning.:rotfl2:

Hey there!

Love the family pics, too funny!!! The girls look like they have fun with Daddy!!!:laughing:

What a MORNING?! Man, when it rains it pours, but i'm with PP, I always think it's gods way of telling you to slow down too to protect you from something.....so good you rolled with it!!:goodvibes

The girls dresses are gorgeous! I can't wait to see those famiy pics, they will be beautiful!:cutie:

And thanks for sharing your CO pics, never been, hope to, but not sure we'll ever make it out that way....it's amazing scenery! I had no idea...so different looking than the East Coast for sure!

Hope you're doing well otherwise and lay off the lattes before bed girlie...you need your rest!! LOL!!;)

There are just far too many places in this world to visit aren't there? Yes, I will keep the lattes to the a.m. ;)

I'm still with ya girl! We're remodeling the house so it's a little crazy over here. If we do get to go in December I am going to have to shorten the trip. Some off the beginning and some off of the end. It would leave us with one day being there at the same time as you. I'd still like to meet you guys if only for a few minutes. I was hoping you were at the same resort.

We haven't booked a cruise btw, we hope to in the next couple of years. I am hoping to get a real inside look from your trip report! I know you'll tell it like it is. Can't wait.

Yes, I will tell it like it is.:goodvibes What day do you think you will leave?

Boy you did have an eventful morning. I can't believe your trip is this close already. It will be here before you know it. Your pictures of the mountains are beautiful. Reminds me of when my dh and I went out to Estes Park for a week about 6 years ago. I think it is time for another drive out there.

I'm still here!! It's just still crazy busy here!! Sorry for the horrible morning you had!! You must be getting sooo excited about your trip!! It will be here before you know it!!

Yea!! Tomorrow it will be 60 days until our trip so we made a 60 day countdown calendar in the shape of a Christmas wreath. We hung it on the door going out to the garage. This is the perfect location as we use this door to to enter and exit the house! It already makes us smile when we see it. Love it!
100_2586.jpg

LOVE your countdown!! It's ADORABLE!!!!:lovestruc Nice job and just perfect,too!! The time is REALLY going to fly by now....with the holidays and all!!!! :yay:

What a fun and creative idea to turn your countdown calendar into a Christmas wreath!! LOVE it!!

LOVE your countdown!! It's ADORABLE!!!!:lovestruc Nice job and just perfect,too!! The time is REALLY going to fly by now....with the holidays and all!!!! :yay:

Thanks, I agree, time is flying by already. I'm already starting to get a bit scared that we won't be ready.

Love the countdown wreath - great idea!!!:goodvibes

Not long indeed until your trip!!! ;)

Thanks, nope not long at all!

WOOHOO for 60 days!!!
That countdown calendar is too cute!

What a fun and creative idea to turn your countdown calendar into a Christmas wreath!! LOVE it!!

Isn't it fun? We love Christmas just as much as we love Disney so combining the two is just too much fun.:santa:

Love the countdown calendar.:cool1:

Your calendar is so cute. Your family must be getting excited.

We are getting excited. I can't believe it's finally almost here.

what a great idea!! I love the mickey head with the hat and DCL on it :) I can't believe how close it is getting!!!!!!

I loved that DCL grahic too.:thumbsup2

:jumping1:

Over dinner DH and I were discussing some scheduling issues we had with our itinerary that weren't quite lining up the way we'd like them to. Our main concern was the last day we are in WDW after the cruise and before flying home. The main reason we planned to do MK this day was to see all of the holiday festivities without paying for MVMCP. However, before going to MK we wanted to go to DTD, explore, and eat at T-Rex. When we lined everything up we discovered breakfast on the ship and lunch at T-Rex were too close. Also, there was no time for exploring DTD if we were going to make it to MK in time to get a good spot for the Christmas parade. Finally, he was not too happy with us staying overnight at WDW when our flight leaves at 6:50 a.m. the next morning.

So, after some discussion we came up with some changes that I just love. And of course a few more hundred dollars spent.:confused3 Disney really does have it figured out. They get you in, then you just can't help adding just a few things. By then what's a few more hundred dollars right?:rotfl2:

We decided we really don't want to be stuck with the huge masses that will be there the Sun. before Christmas at 10:00 p.m. after the holiday wishes gets done. Here's our solution to the above issues, that I am quite happy with.

#1 ~ We have decided to fork over the $$ to go to MVMCP earlier in the vacation before the cruise!:santa: (This eliminates the issue of having to see the holiday fireworks late our last evening with the huge masses.) I am also looking forward to the dance parties, parade at night, and Christmas shows.

#2 ~ We now may visit MK early in the day on our last day but then will jet to DTD and have plenty of time to explore, dine at T-Rex, meet "the real Santa", etc.

#3 ~ We will spend our last evening at Ft. Wilderness campground renting a golf cart and exploring the lit up campsites, as well as campfire and Chip/Dale singalong. This evening was a must for our trip but I was having such a hard time finding the perfect evening. Now I have! I really wanted to see this campsite and with our earlier itinerary I would have missed it by one day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZpzL4FwymU
Apparently he has made some upgrades including a tinkerbell for this year. Can't wait to stop by with our golf cart. We will end the evening by watching the holiday wishes and electrical water pageant from the Ft. Wilderness beach.

#4 ~ We will then hop in our car (avoiding crowds leaving MK) and drive to the Hyatt hotel at the Orlando International Airport. I will have to do some more research on how to get the best deal here. Some find great deals on Hotwire. It normally goes for $200-$300 a night. It gets rave reviews both on the DCL board and on tripadvisor.

So, as you can see I'm quite happy with our new plans. We now get MVMCP, more time DTD, more relaxed time at Ft. Wilderness and less worries the morning of our return flight.:thumbsup2

Make sure you reserve your golf cart ASAP they rent out really fast! :thumbsup2

I think the new plan sounds real good. Those campsites are amazing and the campfire is nice during the holidays. Chip n Dale came out in their holiday attire last time we did it. :santa:

I will be leaving on the 12th now. Does that give us a chance to meet for a second? I had to knock off three days. We're there for 11 now. Can't wait to meet everyone. There's so many of us, it will be a blast!

Wow, I've been away too long!!! Love the girls dresses! Can't wait to see what you find for you and your DH! The field trip pics are awesome, it is just beautiful there! And I absolutely :love: your countdown calendar!!! The changes to your itinerary sound great!! I know what you mean, you always spend more money than you plan too, but it is so worth it isn't it?! :rotfl:

WOW!! I think your changes are GREAT!! How exciting!! I enjoyed watching the video you posted--I had no idea they did that at the campground!! Sooo cool!

Been lurking, great plans. The new plans look great. much less crowded. Can;t wait to read all about your adventure. I have really liked your other reports.

Make sure you reserve your golf cart ASAP they rent out really fast! :thumbsup2

I think the new plan sounds real good. Those campsites are amazing and the campfire is nice during the holidays. Chip n Dale came out in their holiday attire last time we did it. :santa:

I will be leaving on the 12th now. Does that give us a chance to meet for a second? I had to knock off three days. We're there for 11 now. Can't wait to meet everyone. There's so many of us, it will be a blast!

Oh, no now I am nervous about the carts being out. :scared1: I called today but they had already closed. I'll try earlier tomorrow. Let me know your plans for the 12th. We plan to sleep in since we are arriving late the night before. We have late breakfast reservations at Chef Mickeys then we are off to Epcot.

Wow, I've been away too long!!! Love the girls dresses! Can't wait to see what you find for you and your DH! The field trip pics are awesome, it is just beautiful there! And I absolutely :love: your countdown calendar!!! The changes to your itinerary sound great!! I know what you mean, you always spend more money than you plan too, but it is so worth it isn't it?! :rotfl:

You have been away too long. How are things going with you? Have you started a countdown calendar? How much school will your kiddos miss.

WOW!! I think your changes are GREAT!! How exciting!! I enjoyed watching the video you posted--I had no idea they did that at the campground!! Sooo cool!

Doesn't the campground look like too much fun during the holidays?

Been lurking, great plans. The new plans look great. much less crowded. Can;t wait to read all about your adventure. I have really liked your other reports.

Hi MaryAz, glad to know you're still around. Keep posting so I know you're here!:thumbsup2

Most excellent!!!!
I can't believe the price of that Hyatt! :eek: But, it is a Hyatt.

Well I found a great deal for a preordered stay certificate for $135 today. It includes tax and it's only $6 to deliver. I called the hotel first to book at this rate but they said I had to have the certificate delivered before making a reservation. Well, I then called the 800 number and was given a reservation with the stay certificate price no problem. :cool1: I plan to keep watching hotwire but if nothing pops up I will go ahead a purchase the stay certificate. It still is a great deal.

Just catching up... love the dress too!:thumbsup2

I love your countdown calendar also, but do you take each day off? It's too pretty to ruin. We did the countdown chain last time and the kids want me to do one again.

You are so right about Disney. After spending so much what is another couple of more dollars:lmao: We already added on two more days to our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter