Mickey's Very Merry Vacationers Land/Sea! We Are Home (TR LINK)

YAY! Just found your PTR from another Dis Cruise TR! We had talked a while back:lovestruc

So funny you wrote your vacation into the contract! Thats what I am going to do when I start teaching:lmao:

Cant WAIT to read your TR!!! We are going to WDW in Dec 2010 and then cruising right after. Our dates will be Dec 12-19. So, pretty much identical to you! You will be my source of inspiration. Can't wait! :cheer2:

Wow, it does sound like your 2010 vacation will be similar. Thanks for reading along.:goodvibes

What a headache it was making our 90 day dining reservations. :headache:

I had been following the online reservation thread and was all studied up on exactly what to do. I also read that as of the last couple week people have been able to book as early as 3 a.m. Eastern time. So, I drug myself out of bed at 12:30 a.m. so I could make our reservations. I opened a seperate tab for each dining location just as it had been suggested. When I saw that indeed the system did change at 3 a.m. I put in my reservation number and got back a message saying my reservation number was unretrievable. :mad: I tried every which way possible. Even logging myself out and DH in. NO GO. So after trying until about 1:30 a.m. my time I went back to bed.

At 4:45 my alarm went off and I went to the phone to wait for 5 a.m. At 7 a.m. Eastern time on the dot I called what I thought was the right number. Nope, it was not he dining number so I had to hang up and take three minutes finding the right number. Once through I waited on hold almost 30 minutes.

Good news is I got more or less everything we wanted. I am not happy with my Ohana breakfast time and wish I could keep checking for a better time online but still can not access my reservation for dining. I did end up changing around my schedule so I will share that later. For now, I'm going back to bed for the third time.:faint:

aww, I'm so sorry!!! I was able to book all mine but for some reason now if I want to go back to modify or cancel an ADR it isn't locating my confirm #s for my resort or for the ADR so I think they have some major glitches in the system. I even called wdw.dine to verifty that my numbers were correct and they are. You gotta love technology and hate it at the same time!
The only one I didn't have wiggle room with was Ohana (12/15)as well. I wanted between 9:30-10:00 and got 10:10, not bad and we'll check in early. I went back later on and attempted it for 9 and it only gave me 7:45 so it must be booked for the day but I'm going to check back. Can't wait to hear what you got!!!

aww, I'm so sorry!!! I was able to book all mine but for some reason now if I want to go back to modify or cancel an ADR it isn't locating my confirm #s for my resort or for the ADR so I think they have some major glitches in the system. I even called wdw.dine to verifty that my numbers were correct and they are. You gotta love technology and hate it at the same time!
The only one I didn't have wiggle room with was Ohana (12/15)as well. I wanted between 9:30-10:00 and got 10:10, not bad and we'll check in early. I went back later on and attempted it for 9 and it only gave me 7:45 so it must be booked for the day but I'm going to check back. Can't wait to hear what you got!!!

Ohana surprised me, especially that is was several days past 90. I thought there wouldn't be much trouble. Oh, well I'm thinking the time we got may in the end work out better for us anyway.

Alrighty here's my new official itinerary with dining reservations! Last night after a good disbuddy sent me some TGM best/worst days info DH and I decided that we really didn't need to see Fantasmic this year. With Fantasmic not showing every night while we are there, the days it does show will be more crowded. It also gave us less time to fully enjoy the Osbourne lights which was the main reason we wanted to go to HS. So, we will not be going to HS on a Fantasmic night but think we made the right choice. It also freed up that dining reservation that had been Mama's Melrose. After switching around our HS we ended up having to switch everything around a little to make it fall togther perfectly.

So now our final itinerary is:

Friday ~ arrive late no ADRS

Sat. ~ Chef Mickeys late breakfast
then off to Epcot!
Teppan Edo dinner (we call it "where they cook in front of
your face")

Sun. ~ MK
Whispering Canyon dinner
evening at Ft. Wilderness

Mon. ~ EP
Coral Reef lunch (This is a family favorite and we were going
to miss it this year but with Mama Melrose out, CR is in! Everyone is
super excited.
Candelight Processional (wait in line for 5 p.m. show)

Tues. ~ Ohana breakfast
Hollywood Studios!! Osbourne Lights!!
I also scheduled 50's PT in case we miss Ohana's. It is my
only extra booking. The only time we could get for Ohana was earlier
than I wished and if we are out late at EP the night before we might
miss that res.

Wed. ~ MK
1900 Park Fare dinner
I'm considering BBB for this day but have not decided quite yet. I
think it might be good because oldest DD is still interested and this
will probably be the last year before she is beyond "princess
dressup". However, she also wants to do the dolphin encounter on
the cruise which is $$. So, if we do that we will most likely skip BBB.

Thurs.-Sun. ~ lots of great food on the CRUISE !!:

Sun. ~ DTD
T-Rexlunch
MK in p.m. w/ Christmas parade and fireworks/shows!:santa:
I'm happy with this schedule and hopefully I stay busy enough to not switch everything around hundreds of times like I normally do. Now, just 90 days to go!

Your schedule sounds awesome:thumbsup2\

I am excited to see how you like your Ohana breakfast...we are trying to decide between that and Kona breakfast.

Also, I would reccomend doing the BBB before your 1900 park fare dinner. We had the 1900 dinner the day we checked into the Grand Floridian. My DD did not get to BBB until a couple of days later. We were bummed b/c we saw all of the girls all dressed up waiting for the 1900 dinner. I would say about 50% of them. And they were SO excited! Most of them danced with the prince, too.

My friend has an older girl, and she just got them to paint her nails and do make up while her youngest got princessed-up at BBB.

Osborne and Candle light will be sooo amazing:love:

Your plans sound great! Sorry you had so much trouble with the dining...:eek: We too are foregoing Fantasmic this year, like you said, since they only do it a couple nights a week now, I hear HS is crazy those days. What time is your Ohana breakfast on the 15th? We are there at 10am. Have you been watching SW rates? We had booked our flights and then a sale was on this past weekend and it dropped from $92 each way to $65, so we rebooked and got a credit of $162, which I immediately sold on craigslist and got $130!! :woohoo: It will be here before you know it, I can't wait!! :goodvibes

Everything looks wonderful!! That stinks that you had so much trouble trying to book your ADRs. Uggh! But glad that you still got everything you wanted!!

Your schedule sounds awesome:thumbsup2\

I am excited to see how you like your Ohana breakfast...we are trying to decide between that and Kona breakfast.

Also, I would reccomend doing the BBB before your 1900 park fare dinner. We had the 1900 dinner the day we checked into the Grand Floridian. My DD did not get to BBB until a couple of days later. We were bummed b/c we saw all of the girls all dressed up waiting for the 1900 dinner. I would say about 50% of them. And they were SO excited! Most of them danced with the prince, too.

My friend has an older girl, and she just got them to paint her nails and do make up while her youngest got princessed-up at BBB.

Osborne and Candle light will be sooo amazing:love:

Yep we did BBB two years ago on our first visit before 1900 Park Fare. I had no idea at the time everyone else would have the same idea so was glad we did it. It was such a fun time I think we'll have to do it again. Especially since DD5 is SOOOOOOOOO into the princess thing right now. When she was barely 3 she enjoyed it but was more confused by the whole process. Good to know BBB could maybe just do nails and make-up.

Your plans sound great! Sorry you had so much trouble with the dining...:eek: We too are foregoing Fantasmic this year, like you said, since they only do it a couple nights a week now, I hear HS is crazy those days. What time is your Ohana breakfast on the 15th? We are there at 10am. Have you been watching SW rates? We had booked our flights and then a sale was on this past weekend and it dropped from $92 each way to $65, so we rebooked and got a credit of $162, which I immediately sold on craigslist and got $130!! :woohoo: It will be here before you know it, I can't wait!! :goodvibes

OMG, I didn't know you could resell the SW credits! I did get a small credit when our departing flights went down last week. I think a total of $38. I was able to use $100 worth of credits we had left over from our May trip which was great.:cool1: I just am so glad I booked our returning flight when I did. Since the 21st is so close to Christmas the rates are just skyrocketing. I think the average ticket for that day is already almost $100 more per person. Crazy:eek:

Everything looks wonderful!! That stinks that you had so much trouble trying to book your ADRs. Uggh! But glad that you still got everything you wanted!!

Thanks, I'm happy with what we got. Still can't get the system to bring up our reservation but whatever.:confused3

Realizing how bare my planning journal is of pictures I'd love to share a couple.

Here is DD8 on her first day of school in 3rd grade!
126.jpg

And DD5 on her first day of Kindergarten!!
154.jpg

156.jpg

We spent the majority of our summer at the pool. DD8 joined the swim team at our private pool and became quite the expert swimmer over the summer. Her specialty stroke is the butterfly.

074.jpg

And, for those of you that read our Disneyland TR here is DD5's birthday party once we arrived home. Spoiled rotten I know.:rolleyes1
050.jpg

048-1.jpg

She'd been eyeing that Disney princess cake for months and was so excited to finally get it. Cindrella's dress even lit up.

022.jpg

Awww!! LOVE the pics of the 1st day of school and Faith's birthday!! Ally's birthday is this Saturday--she'll be having a Little Mermaid party!! I still can't believe she'll be 5! Where has the time gone?!

Love all the new pics and the plans sounds great. I was reading your posts only so I don't know if someone let ya know but Whispering Canyon is at Wilderness Lodge not Ft Wilderness. I'm sure that's what you meant though Whatever you do avpid the buffet over at Ft Wilderness. The service is awful! Food is just okay. I hope you take a ton of pics on the ship. I want to see every little detail!

:cool1: Wow in the double digits already. Cute pics of the kids.

Do you have all day Kindergarten or 1/2 day? In city we live in it is only 1/2 day and it was a slight adjustment for DD6 going to 1st grade this year. She wishes she was back in K.

Awww!! LOVE the pics of the 1st day of school and Faith's birthday!! Ally's birthday is this Saturday--she'll be having a Little Mermaid party!! I still can't believe she'll be 5! Where has the time gone?!

Happy Birthday to Ally! Wow, you're school allows students to start kindergarten while they are still 4? That is a really early cut off. Here in Colorado it keeps getting later and later. In fact, Faith barely made it to kindergarten this year. At our school you now have to be 5 buy June 1. She made it by 10 days.

aww I love the pictures!!!!!!!

Love all the new pics and the plans sounds great. I was reading your posts only so I don't know if someone let ya know but Whispering Canyon is at Wilderness Lodge not Ft Wilderness. I'm sure that's what you meant though Whatever you do avpid the buffet over at Ft Wilderness. The service is awful! Food is just okay. I hope you take a ton of pics on the ship. I want to see every little detail!

Yes, I know. I probably wasn't clear in my post. We will be having dinner at Whispering Canyon then either taking the boat or bus to Ft. Wilderness. We plan to hopefully rent a golf cart, check out lighted campsites and do the Chip and Dale sing along thing. We also plan to watch MVMCP fireworks from the beach as well as the electrical parade. We're looking forward to this evening.

:cool1: Wow in the double digits already. Cute pics of the kids.

Do you have all day Kindergarten or 1/2 day? In city we live in it is only 1/2 day and it was a slight adjustment for DD6 going to 1st grade this year. She wishes she was back in K.

Yep, it's still 1/2 day Kindergarten at our school. DD5 goes in the afternoon. That's why I applied for a part time position. In one week I actually get to go part time like I intended. I will teach in the afternoons while DD is in Kindergarten. Looking forward to relaxing mornings together.:hug:

I paid off our cruise yesterday!!:cool1:
:beach:
I also made BBB appointments for the girls. We considered doing the pirate makeover the morning before we boarded the ship but thought it would be too much that morning. I told DD8 she could decide between BBB and pirate. She does like the girly pirate makeover with makeup and fingernail painting. I can tell she'd kind of like it to try that but feels she might be jealous when DD5 gets her BBB makeover. So, this year its probably BBB for them both!

Wow! Paying off any Disney trip is something to celebrate:cheer2: We just paid our deposit for our January trip, but I am really anxious to be able to pay down some more and eventually get to 0!! Congrats!

Also, the school pics are adorable. Their outfits are so cute. I love how your little girl is on swim team! Does she like American Girl? I am about to order my DD Chrissa (girl of the year) and she is on swim team and you can buy a swimsuit and warm up gear.

Like the idea of the BBB. I think she would totally want it if her little sis had it. Maybe they can both get pirates next year? Looking forward to hearing more!

Hi!
I feel like I haven't been over here in forever!!! But I just caught up!

1st, congrats on paying off your trip!! WOOHOO!!!:cool1: That's such a good feeling and makes things feel even more real, yay!!

Love all the pics! Can't believe how big the girls are getting! 3rd grade and kindergarten? WOW! They look so cute all ready for school, how are they liking it? I hope things are well and that you're adjusting well to your new schedule!!:goodvibes

yay BBB!!!! When I worked at BBB, I had a princess the one time who said that she was going on the Mickey ship later that day and she has to look first class for her voyage...I couldn't help but laugh, she was cute and 4 :) Can't wait to see what FGITs your DDs get!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter