• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise, Oct 30th,2010 Magical Western NewTR link 4/10

The Mahi Mahi looked so good!

I love the idea of Pirate Night - so fun. Are most people dressed up? :banana:

PS - I really love the dancing banana. :banana:

Yumm-O your dinner looks delicious, even without dessert! So funny Timmy went for the pizza and fries, and the vanilla ice cream!!! :lmao: I love the marathon dessert time!

You are quite the sexy pirate wench! ;) Pods is looking almost like he's trying out for Sons of Anarchy! pirate: Which is good. On pirate night.

Heading for Vegas tomorrow - don't have too much fun without me!:woohoo:

Thank you for the update and sticking to my routine! :rotfl2: ......... so, can I expect an update before I go to bed? :laughing: :lmao:

I really like your pirate update! pirate: You are a very good looking bandana family! ;) ..... and it looks like you had a lot of fun.
You should have tried the pirate dessert sampler ...... guess who ordered it on their cruise? :rotfl2:

No, they don't change the colours of the restaurant during pirates night at Animator's Palete on the 3 and 4 night cruises. We had dinner at Palo on our AP night and the next one was the pirates night and we never got to see the restaurant change from black and white to colour.
So last time we were determined to see it and guess what - we had Palo booked on AP night!! :scared1:
But we did get to see it in the end. :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Love your pirate pics with the hooks. :lmao: And just have to mention, waiter carrying the little girl - Cute! I mean just him not him carrying the girl. Well that's cute too but well you know what I mean.

Oooo, Margaritaville looks great! Obviously the kids were having a good time! :rotfl: The pic pods took of you guys looks like something I've seen before from my family members! They are notorious for cutting heads off, but I have to say, DH is good at taking pics to NOT do that. :laughing: Love the pirate scarves! Pirate night dinner looked like fun! pirate: I can't wait to read about the pirate party! Oh, and DD said Timmy's ice cream looked good to her! :lmao: She's not one to go outside the box though. :confused3

Christmas was AMAZING!!! Telling MIL about the cruise was the best gift we gave or got this year. She retires at the end of the month and was kinda bummed out about life, but this has made her happy and given her something to look forward to and plan. Now we just have to wait such a long time until we go. :upsidedow

Love your pirate pics with the hooks. :lmao: And just have to mention, waiter carrying the little girl - Cute! I mean just him not him carrying the girl. Well that's cute too but well you know what I mean.

I noticed him too! Look at his smile - now that would have been my choice for dessert cause he looked yummy! :love:

So Michael, my DH just asked what I was doing and I told him reading the best trip report ever but for a Disney Cruise. He said: and so it begins. :rotfl:

You and your family look amazing on fancy schamncy night. :thumbsup2 Love the dress, love the tuxes, fabulous!

I LOVE fancy schmancy! So much FUN to dress up!! :goodvibesprincess: Your hubby will LOVE the cruise!! Lots of relaxing time, not as hectic as park touring.

:cool1: I am caught up baybee!

I love the idea of spending the day in port at an AI resort vs doing a ton if sightseeing but I am a lazy girl who likes to explore the beach, bar, and pool.

If you go on this cruise, look into Mr. Sanchos- just because I think there is more to do for the older kids. But I have no idea what kinds of ratings it gets or how much it costs-

The food looks truly delicious and for DH who is a major foodie, this will be an important selling point fa sho!

The food is very good- it is very plentiful. You can order as much as you want- so if you wanted two different apps, they would give it to you, extra lobster on lobster night, they will give it to you- etc. It's awesome!

What are FE gifts? :confused3

There is a Cruise Meet thread on the DIS that everyone chats on before the cruise- alot of people sign up for a gift exchange. You hang this Fish Extender thing (I got mine on ebay from a DISer who makes them) on the fish outside of your cabin door, and everyday there are presents for you in the pockets of it. I will show a pic of the gifts at some point, I just need to take a few more pics of them first. We gave out Halloween Ornaments I made out of Christmas Balls filled with sand and Mickey heads and shells, tied with personalized ribbons with the Cruise date, etc on them. The gifts are really fun!!

How long was your cruise? It seems like you got a good mix of relaxation and party time aside from the kid bellowing in the cabin near yours. :scared1:

It was 7 nights. And it's not even enough!! It FLIES by...

That pineapple looks amazing. I am a hooker for a decent piece of grilled/baked pineapple. :angel:

He was happy with it! Tyler is a very good eater. :thumbsup2

I won't spoil.....but man oh man my fingers are hoverin' ready to jump over at photobucket....;)

I am almost afraid to post!! :rotfl:

Ooooh a dancing Ellen moment again!!! Can't wait!! :laughing:
Dinner looked like a blast and tasty too! :thumbsup2
I LOVE your pictures of the other cruise ships at night.....the colors on them and the sky are just brilliant! Very postcard like :thumbsup2 Even though they ARE "other" cruise ships they look cool ;)
You must be getting so excited to leave this snow and stupid weather behind!

Tracy

Yea, well...we'll see how good of a dancer I am, I guess....

Thanks for noticing that pic! I just noticed when I was posting it how cool it was with the sky and the ships! :thumbsup2

Oh- we are sooooooo excited to go to STJ...only 6 days left!! :yay: I may do a TR again, I haven't decided. We are hiring a chef to come to the Villa one night to cook for us- so COOL!!

The Mahi Mahi looked so good!

I love the idea of Pirate Night - so fun. Are most people dressed up? :banana:

PS - I really love the dancing banana. :banana:

I think the amount of people dressing up varies on cruises- some are just casually dressed, like us, but some are REALLY dressed up- they are AMAZING!!! :worship:

And me too on the bananas! :banana:

Yumm-O your dinner looks delicious, even without dessert! So funny Timmy went for the pizza and fries, and the vanilla ice cream!!! :lmao: I love the marathon dessert time!

You are quite the sexy pirate wench! ;) Pods is looking almost like he's trying out for Sons of Anarchy! pirate: Which is good. On pirate night.

Heading for Vegas tomorrow - don't have too much fun without me!:woohoo:

Thanks- I love that tank top- it's from the Willy T, a pirate schooner that is permanently moored in Norman Island in the BVI's- it's a GREAT bar, and they have really good food, too.

willyt.jpg

They have a Shot Ski for shots- four at a time-

20054_1254394757215_1149955473_30629727_2824865_n.jpg

Not to mention the bartender, French-

20054_1254395197226_1149955473_30629737_8052567_n.jpg

I'll be there next tuesday!!! :banana:

Have a blast in Las Vegas! Try not to behave toooooo much!

Thank you for the update and sticking to my routine! :rotfl2: ......... so, can I expect an update before I go to bed? :laughing: :lmao:

Not sure today- we're going to a friend's house to watch football this afternoon, and I have to out to get the makings for my appetizer...I'm making Grilled pizza with Carmelized onions, potatoes, and raclette. It's Yummmmmmmmmmm.......

I really like your pirate update! pirate: You are a very good looking bandana family! ;) ..... and it looks like you had a lot of fun.
You should have tried the pirate dessert sampler ...... guess who ordered it on their cruise? :rotfl2:

Thanks but when I look at that photo, all i see are my fillings in my teeth! GACK!

And I know you had that sampler- that's why I want it now!!! :rotfl:

No, they don't change the colours of the restaurant during pirates night at Animator's Palete on the 3 and 4 night cruises. We had dinner at Palo on our AP night and the next one was the pirates night and we never got to see the restaurant change from black and white to colour.
So last time we were determined to see it and guess what - we had Palo booked on AP night!! :scared1:
But we did get to see it in the end. :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful Sunday!

I'm glad you did get to see it! Love AP!

He was a cutie- and he was having a really good time with that little girl- it made him even CUTER!

Oooo, Margaritaville looks great! Obviously the kids were having a good time! :rotfl: The pic pods took of you guys looks like something I've seen before from my family members! They are notorious for cutting heads off, but I have to say, DH is good at taking pics to NOT do that. :laughing: Love the pirate scarves! Pirate night dinner looked like fun! pirate: I can't wait to read about the pirate party! Oh, and DD said Timmy's ice cream looked good to her! :lmao: She's not one to go outside the box though. :confused3

Next to me, our best hope for a good picture in my family is if Tyler takes it- he has a good eye, the pics are always centered and at a good angle. I am encouraging him to take the Digital Photography course at the High School for an elective in a few years, because I think it will be easy for him, he has a natural talent to improve upon.

Pods & Timmy...not so much....:rotfl2:

Glad your DD liked the ice cream! :rotfl2:

Christmas was AMAZING!!! Telling MIL about the cruise was the best gift we gave or got this year. She retires at the end of the month and was kinda bummed out about life, but this has made her happy and given her something to look forward to and plan. Now we just have to wait such a long time until we go. :upsidedow

The best Christmas gifts are ALWAYS the ones you give, right? :thumbsup2 That is so wonderful- I hope the next 9 months fly by for all of you!

I noticed him too! Look at his smile - now that would have been my choice for dessert cause he looked yummy! :love:

He did! :laughing:

Next to me, our best hope for a good picture in my family is if Tyler takes it- he has a good eye, the pics are always centered and at a good angle. I am encouraging him to take the Digital Photography course at the High School for an elective in a few years, because I think it will be easy for him, he has a natural talent to improve upon.
I'm not the greatest, but I can point and shoot. DH used to do a lot of pictures when he was younger so he's pretty good. He also worked at a Target photo lab, so he knows what will turn out the best so he's forever telling me to stand here, no no, stand there, no, the light was better there... :rotfl2: Hopefully Tyler will take the classes and enjoy them! I wish our school would have offered them.

Pods & Timmy...not so much....
DD is our next best picture taker, and she's only 7!:rotfl:
Glad your DD liked the ice cream!

The best Christmas gifts are ALWAYS the ones you give, right? :thumbsup2 That is so wonderful- I hope the next 9 months fly by for all of you!

YUP!!! And I'm fairly sure this was the best gift we've ever given. I was all but bursting at the seams to tell MIL for the last 6 months, but I managed to keep it under wraps and it was SOOOO worth it. :goodvibes I'm hoping the next 9 months blow past also, it's hard to keep a 4 year old from going bonkers waiting, especially in the winter.:scared: I hadn't factored that in when I made this plan. :laughing:

So up to Deck 9 we went, once again, just me & Pods, no kids. I swear- one day, I'll have Grandchildren, and I will be bringing them on the Disney Cruise when they are FIVE, put them down for a loooooong nap, and wake them up for DANCIN' WITH GRANNY at the PIRATE PARTY!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!! :rotfl: Until then, however, it looked like it would be me & everyone else's family dancin' under the stars at sea.

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

But, lucky us, we ran into some Nenner1 family as soon as we got there!!:banana: Looks like I might have a dancin'pertner after all! You know...after the plundering and pilaging part...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!pirate:

IMG_0585.jpg

OH NO!!! It's the bad guys!!! Whatever will we do??

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

Here comes our hero, to save the day!!!!

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Yay!! We're saved!!!

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

Yippee Skippee, It's dancin time!!!

IMG_0608.jpg

Back in a few!!

Back to the dancin'!!! My girlfriend, Savannah, the ROCKSTAR dancer said she would dance with me!!!! :woohoo::hug: YAY!!! I'm not alone!!! But I still stink at line dancing!!:rotfl: Pods took some "pictures"-

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Well, at least Savannah looks cute! :cutie: And not to worry- even though Pods failed at recording our big dance moment for all time, rumor has it that where Pods failed, Ron...did NOT! :rolleyes1 Oh boy.....

As usual, I missed dessert....:scared1:......but I did not miss the movie, which to me, is the most magical part of the cruise-

IMG_0616.jpg

Thank GOODNESS we stopped at the cabin on the way up here- because now I remember why we did- I had to grab a sweater!! It is chilly out there in the open sea!! The crew puts out lounge chairs as soon as the dancing is done, and it is sooooo AWESOME to lay in your chair, watching a POC movie, while at sea on a Disney Ship- soooooo magical!! What is NOT magical, however, was that they didn't come around with hot towels like they did on our last cruise...and I REALLY could have used the BLANKEE!! :rotfl2:

Pods stayed for a little while, but the movie goes kind of late- last time, I left before it was over...but this time, i stayed for the whole thing, it is just so AWESOME out there!! So, while I was watching, I had the pleasure of hangin' with another pirate in the seat next to me-

IMG_0623.jpg

Yep- he was my movie buddy. Never saw him before that movie, never saw him after that movie. Maybe he was a GHOST! :scared1: :rotfl: But of course, he was VERY nice! :rotfl:

Eventually, sometime around 1, i think, the movie ended and I hurried to bed.

Another great night on the Magic- what would tomorrow's Sea Day bring? :rolleyes:

Next!

I think watching that movie, on a lounge chair on deck, in the open air, was the best part of that cruise! I have seen that movie a hundred times but watching it in that setting was incredible! So cool how the crew has the transition from dance party, to movie set up seamless! I went in July and it was even chilly then!

Great update!!! That is one of my all time favorite things, while the movie is a great movie to begin with; something about watching it on an open deck at sea just made it that much better.

did you kind of hope that Jonny Depp would take the ship captive and shower you with attention? Oh wait that's what I would hope....LOL Looks like a great time

Afternoon Ellen !!!Check out my Dis Meet today on my PTR!!!!! Good Times !!

I did!! Thanks for the heads up, Rosie- meets are so fun!:goodvibes

You've got some splainin' to do Lucy.......what is booking a cruise with dummy dates? :upsidedow

A dummy date (and you call it this, they are fine with it- they actually have cruises set aside to book this way) is a date you book onboard to get the 10% deposit (as opposed to 20%) and a 10% discount off the cruise prices. Then, later, when you decide when you actually want to cruise, you switch it to the real cruise- but you still will get the 10% discount and 10% off the total, even though you didn't book that cruise onboard. Does that make sense? So we are booked on an early December 7 night eastern in 2011...but we have no intention of going on it. We want to go in 2013....so we will just keep moving this cruise until the 2013 schedules come out. :goodvibes We just have to do it before the final payment is due on that Dummy cruise-:thumbsup2

I'm not the greatest, but I can point and shoot. DH used to do a lot of pictures when he was younger so he's pretty good. He also worked at a Target photo lab, so he knows what will turn out the best so he's forever telling me to stand here, no no, stand there, no, the light was better there... :rotfl2: Hopefully Tyler will take the classes and enjoy them! I wish our school would have offered them.

Pods & Timmy...not so much....
DD is our next best picture taker, and she's only 7!:rotfl:
Glad your DD liked the ice cream!

YUP!!! And I'm fairly sure this was the best gift we've ever given. I was all but bursting at the seams to tell MIL for the last 6 months, but I managed to keep it under wraps and it was SOOOO worth it. :goodvibes I'm hoping the next 9 months blow past also, it's hard to keep a 4 year old from going bonkers waiting, especially in the winter.:scared: I hadn't factored that in when I made this plan. :laughing:

Well, we waited two years between the last one and this one, and we'll be waiting even longer for the next one...I think...we'll have to see how it all works out. It feels like you will be waiting forever for these vacations, but then they are here and gone before you know it!! Good thing the memories last forever, because the trips sure don't! :rotfl:

I think watching that movie, on a lounge chair on deck, in the open air, was the best part of that cruise! I have seen that movie a hundred times but watching it in that setting was incredible! So cool how the crew has the transition from dance party, to movie set up seamless! I went in July and it was even chilly then!

Yea, I was very impressed with the crew that night, too- so awesome the way they moved so FAST to transition everything!!:thumbsup2 Did you get hot towels?

Great update!!! That is one of my all time favorite things, while the movie is a great movie to begin with; something about watching it on an open deck at sea just made it that much better.

I agree- it is completely magical- it's my favorite!! :lovestruc It's like they made the movie just so it could be shown on the cruise!

:cloud9: I cannot even imagine the nirvana I would be in if given the chance to watch a Disney movie in the night sea air while on a Disney Cruise?! :cloud9:

It is spectacular- just remember to wear a sweatshirt and bring a blankie!!:rotfl:

did you kind of hope that Jonny Depp would take the ship captive and shower you with attention? Oh wait that's what I would hope....LOL Looks like a great time

Doesn't everyone??? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter