Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise, Oct 30th,2010 Magical Western NewTR link 4/10

Another amazing dinner. Wow - that food looks so yummy and I'm glad to see that the boys were adventurous with their appetites. Your wait staff seems like they are awesome.

I really enjoyed the pictures from the villians show. What a great day!

:goodvibes

Glad to be here. Like I said I am experiencing WDW withdrawal. Thankfully my sweet and brilliant Chloe is requesting WDW for her bat mitzvah gift. She is a budding chef and love Halloween so what better time to choose than during MNSSHP and F&W Festival. :woohoo: It will be worth the 22 month wait. :faint:

Back to your report. I enjoyed the first two installments up through MNSSHP.

• I love that your family has to pee on demand. That is so me too! :blush: Easier to do what I require right off as it ends up my way any how. :lmao:
  • Dig the tye dye shirts! :hippie:
  • LMAO at the $30.99 worth of food. When we go to Texas Roadhouse Chloe always asks if she can just eat rolls and not order anything. I used to fight her on this until I realized I was continually wasting money on a meal we'd take home and eventually throw away. On NYD we went to Texas Roadhouse and her dinner consisted of 5 rolls, 3 bites of my steak, and a milk. :rotfl2:
  • Was that a 1 br or 2 br at BCV? Love that you don't all cram into a Studio. Way to travel! :thumbsup2
  • Having the bar mitzvah be the muse for the 'staches cracked me up- that's _hittin' funny! :rotfl:
  • During our last trip to Disneyland this past December, if it weren't for my friend, I too would have enjoyed the fireworks and parade alone. I am a fireworks junkie. My family would rather conquer thrill rides. haters. :snooty:

I could make a meal out of Texas Roadhouse rolls too!:thumbsup2

I had to watch it twice, as I was laughing so hard, I couldn't understand everything that got said on the video! I was picturing the poor guy having to report back to Captain Mickey! :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:woohoo: Glad to see you got dessert this meal! Your servers sound like they were awesome. They really made this meal extremely enjoyable for you. I hope they continue that kind of service. And I guess that is the DISNEY difference. ;)

And what is up with the little girl next door? :confused3 That just doesn't sound right. And I have to honestly say that I have never heard any of our neighbors while we have been on the ship. Noises from out in the hall, yeah, but next door, no. Just please say it wasn't every single morning. That would really peeve a person off.

Hate the homework scenario. Hope the boys get it done.

I'm thinking she kept getting up too early -didn't know she was supposed to sleep in on vacation, and he was trying to get her to lay back down.

OMG i love escargot, i always get 2 and order 1 for the table to try.. they never do so I get 3 yeah me LOL

So glad you got dessert.. it all looked yummy. And how awesome of the server to throw herself under the bus.. err boat.. ship? LOL

Hope if we get on a cruise again (disney) they still have some of those shows... i dont remember much of them, maybe i wont drink as much next time.... HA right.

Cruising at school time sucks.. ill never do it again.

got to go find that video of the guy missing the ship. funny

and Tammy its not that we cheer them on.. its that we totally bag on them.. like hurry your drunk @$$ up LOL

TRUE, Drea - but since I was a participant on our last cruise in the bagging, I was trying to make myself sound better! :rotfl2:

(it was actually the fault of the Boo-like midget who woke up screaming at her Daddy EVERY FREAKIN MORNING at 6 am. "NO...DADDY!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DADDY...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" is what we woke up to EVERY DAY and we were pretty tired because of it by this day of the cruise. :faint: What the heck was Daddy DOING to that kid???? It sounded bloody AWFUL! But more about that on our last day.)

We had a similar experience, except it was all day long, not just in the morning. The Dad was screaming at his two kids (sounded like they were pre-teens...I never actually saw them) constantly the entire trip. Yelling at them to get up, get dressed, get moving, etc. I was sitting up in our bed one day, resting my head on the headboard, when the Dad threw some sort of tantrum and slammed something on the opposite side of the wall (I'm guessing a drawer), causing my head to bounce off the headboard!

On one of the days I was up early, having coffee out on the verandah, enjoying the world and the silence, when someone opened their verandah doors. Dad then started screaming at his kids again to get up or else and then I heard it....THE SLAP. He had slapped one of the kids...from the sound of it, across the face. I was completely horrified.

I wasn't sure what, if anything, I should do. I just went back into the cabin. I still feel terrible about it. :sad1:

agreed books on vacation are wrong...

BTW where are we staying in May..boardwalk or beach club? Seriously I need a new brain

Oooh what a yummy meal!!! Everything looked absolutely delicious :thumbsup2 I saw the finished plate of escargot in front of Tyler....did he eat those too? Looks like the boys and your servers were really stepping it up!! :) This looks by far the best selection of food for the trip (except for Palo of course ;).)

Yes, my neighbor is quite devastated.....apparently she has done this before ( I have lived here for 9 years and it was before then.) He calls to just talk and I think is pretty lonely...their daughter is 19 and lives at home but with both of them working different hours, and well her being 19 and very social he is alone much of the time. Just to move in with a guy you really only know from online chatting is pretty risky I think but whatev....if she is happy then move on I guess :sad2: Too bad I won't get the DVC kick back from them....:laughing: Just kidding. ;)

Tracy

Wahoo Grace and Teresa for scoring you a charger. I would go bananas with a dead cell phone!

Love your photos of the Beach Club! One day we'll stay there but we need to stay at SSR/THV first!

Good boys earning their GAD paases! :thumbsup2

I like that you and Pods spilt at times during WDW. I can see DH wanting to gold a couple afternoons which I enjoy the parks with the kids.

LMAO at the ToT photo, well worth the purchase price. It feels like the first time.....it feels like the very ti-ime....Like the chilling grammy in the front row shooting that pic of her grandson. Wat up? :cool2:

Woot woot to adding on! :woohoo:

The cupcakes looks orgasmic! :cloud9:

When I see the word Ditch in your trippie, I know it's going to be good! :surfweb:

Not sure I will every be mature or refined enough to sip tequila. I drink it straight for one purpose.... party:

BTW where are we staying in May..boardwalk or beach club? Seriously I need a new brain

Boardwalk... and I'll see if they have brains on the room service menu.....

Maybe mousekeeping has a bag of those like they do phone chargers. I hear people sometimes have such a good time on these trips they loose their minds. Lol!

Finally ............ DESSERT!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah! Love the update - brought back a whole lot of memories! ;) Even though we have never cruised on the Magic - that menu definitely looks FAMILIAR!!! :laughing:
Had the Cosmopolitan - :thumbsup2 yummy drink
Tom had the lamb and the fish the other cruise, while I had the mushroom tart and the lobster pasta - no complaints - they were ALL disneylicious!!!! :cloud9:
Tom even had the souffle on our first cruise and someone had the chocolate mousse! :rotfl2:

It was an awesome menu- positively LUSCIOUS!!

Now that neighbour daddy would have really ticked ME off!

We weren't big fans in our family, either!

School work on a cruise SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry - yes, I teach but they should BAN school books on a cruise! ;)

Well, it was either bring the books or stay home- so we HAD to bring the books! It was so bad for T&T when we got home, though- it was really overwhelming, work wise, and I know we will never be able to do this in November again.:sad2: Well, we'll get a good break in 2012- there's a Presidential election, so they'll only miss 2 days that 1st week of November. I was planning to spend a week at WDW, but...maybe we'll do the Dream + some WDW time...we'll see. It depends on Sean, really.

Tom just showed me a youtube video of someone who obviously missed the Magic in Cozumel! :rotfl2: He had to be shipped out on a pilot boat! The comments of the people at the end of the video were priceless! :cloud9:

Okay, I am ready for more! popcorn::

yay Laura! I'm so proud of you!:thumbsup2
Ellen, you can work on her in May!:goodvibes

I saw that video! Too funny! And you don't ever want to do the "walk of shame" up the dock after last call - people hang out on the decks and balconies and cheer for you! :eek:

That video is CRAZY!! I would be devastated, running and missing the ship like that- how humiliating!!

It really sucks having to bring school work with you. Do not the teachers know Disney is educational and they do not need to add more education to the ... Just kidding, since we often travel during the school year, we also, bring school work. When Sarah attended Montessori it was no big deal for her to miss a week during the school year, but now that she is in a traditional school the teachers have to "teach to the group" and not "to the individual". Thus (so the teachers tell me) homework on vacation is needed to keep her up with the class. Big sigh here... :sad2:

Well, our experience in the past has been much more "Go ahead and have a great vacation", but this year, although no one said anything, the work load has been raised SO MUCH that it was nightmarish. Timmy had 3 projects to do over Christmas that he was told about the last day of school before the break!! :headache: HE IS ELEVEN years OLD!!!!!! Although, to be fair, one was for science- and it was extra credit, to make up for the fact that the last test they had, the highest grade was a 67 (Tim got a 65- many kids got in the 40's). :sad2:

Ellen, looks like you had a wonderful beach day in GC! I saw you eating outside at Topsiders, and all I could think was "watch out for the bees!" :rotfl2: So no trouble with them I guess? Maybe on our GC day the bees were acting weird because of the hurricanes.

No, no bees- ever. That was sooooo horrible that you got all those bee stings that day! Where did they all come from, I wonder?

I'm happy you finally got good service and your dinner was awesome!
Too bad your relaxing vacation had a 6am alarm! That is something I noticed, also. I think the walls on DCL are thinner than on RCCL. I liked the balcony walls on RCCL better, too - they went all the way out to the edge. On DCL, they don't quite go all the way out top to bottom, and our foreign neighbor kept peeking over on our side - even looking in to our cabin!:eek: Maybe you can invite him for your next Naughty mud excursion!:rotfl2:

Well, that's weird...we had no one peeking at us, but that little girl's voice...OMG, even now if I imitate her, Pods is SCREAMING at me to stop!

Anyone have a working address for the Magic?:surfweb:
I want to send a Christmas card to our server and it came back no
valid address :confused3

I had used the same address before.

Hey Bill- I'm sorry, but I don't. Did you post the question on the regular Cruise board? I'm sure someone would have an answer over there. What a nice idea! Your servers must have been AWESOME! Who did you have?

Glad to be here. Like I said I am experiencing WDW withdrawal. Thankfully my sweet and brilliant Chloe is requesting WDW for her bat mitzvah gift. She is a budding chef and love Halloween so what better time to choose than during MNSSHP and F&W Festival. :woohoo: It will be worth the 22 month wait. :faint:

Smart girl! You have trained her well!! What are your dates?

Back to your report. I enjoyed the first two installments up through MNSSHP.

• I love that your family has to pee on demand. That is so me too! :blush: Easier to do what I require right off as it ends up my way any how. :lmao:

Seriously!! Pee on the plane or the bus- What the heck?!
  • Dig the tye dye shirts!

Thank-you, we got a TON of attention in them- even more so when we wore the staches!
  • LMAO at the $30.99 worth of food. When we go to Texas Roadhouse Chloe always asks if she can just eat rolls and not order anything. I used to fight her on this until I realized I was continually wasting money on a meal we'd take home and eventually throw away. On NYD we went to Texas Roadhouse and her dinner consisted of 5 rolls, 3 bites of my steak, and a milk. :rotfl2:

Timmy will sometimes try new stuff- just given the choice, he usually goes for kids' food. Too bad he's so tall- would love for him to pay like the 9 year old he eats like. :rolleyes:
  • Was that a 1 br or 2 br at BCV? Love that you don't all cram into a Studio. Way to travel! :thumbsup2

It was a 1 bedroom. We did cram in the studio at Vero- but that was ok, because we had the ocean/pool view. :thumbsup2
  • Having the bar mitzvah be the muse for the 'staches cracked me up- that's _hittin' funny! :rotfl:

• During our last trip to Disneyland this past December, if it weren't for my friend, I too would have enjoyed the fireworks and parade alone. I am a fireworks junkie. My family would rather conquer thrill rides. haters. :snooty:

I like the rides, too- but I don't understand how they can miss this other stuff!

I had to watch it twice, as I was laughing so hard, I couldn't understand everything that got said on the video! I was picturing the poor guy having to report back to Captain Mickey! :rotfl2:

I watched one on a Royal C ship where the family, who were Dutch, missed the boat in Jamaica because of bad traffic on the island- it showed them climbing up the ladder! UGH!!!

:woohoo: Glad to see you got dessert this meal! Your servers sound like they were awesome. They really made this meal extremely enjoyable for you. I hope they continue that kind of service. And I guess that is the DISNEY difference. ;)

They were really sweet- that's why i didn't want to complain. How nice that they TRULY wanted us to be happy.

And what is up with the little girl next door? :confused3 That just doesn't sound right. And I have to honestly say that I have never heard any of our neighbors while we have been on the ship. Noises from out in the hall, yeah, but next door, no. Just please say it wasn't every single morning. That would really peeve a person off.

It was every single morning. We couldn't tell where she was, though- above, to the right, to the left....but we figured it out on the last day. :sad2:

Hate the homework scenario. Hope the boys get it done.

I hate homework!

That is so incredible of your server to request help even though it may look bad on her to her boss! I hope she was just new and didn't have her routine down yet. She seems deserving of the chance to get it all worked out. The food looks so good..and dessert..finally!! :dance3::dance3:

She was NOT new, she has been there for years- she was just back from a 3 week vacation, and was a little slow getting back into her groove.

What a way to wake up evey morning. :scared1: Can't wait to hear what that was all about.

We all HATED that voice every morning- it's what made us so lazy every day, waking up, falling back to sleep (eventually), waking up again.....:headache:

Must go try to find this. Sounds hilarious

I feel for you with the Miss Boo problem. Imagine having four drunk college guys in the cabin next to you. They had parties every night until 4am.

I think your situation is MUCH worse- it KILLS me that the cres would do nothing to shut them up. Really awful.

The food looked so good, I'm starting to think about a cruise again. I love Cozomel, really would like to go back there.:goodvibes

I love Cozumel, too- I just like Mexico- the music, the food, the TEQUILA!! The people are very warm- and the water is gorgeous- love that port!:lovestruc
All the food looked wonderful Ellen !! I think the steak appealed the most to me !!I was intriqued with the bacon wrapped green beans !!!!

So was Timmy- he l;oves bacon, it's probably why he ordered that!

OMG i love escargot, i always get 2 and order 1 for the table to try.. they never do so I get 3 yeah me LOL

I love it, too- next time I'll order extras! :thumbsup2 You are SO SMART!!!

So glad you got dessert.. it all looked yummy. And how awesome of the server to throw herself under the bus.. err boat.. ship? LOL

Hope if we get on a cruise again (disney) they still have some of those shows... i dont remember much of them, maybe i wont drink as much next time.... HA right.

MAybe next time you can save the snoring and drooling for AFTER the show...:rotfl2:

Cruising at school time sucks.. ill never do it again.

That's how we feel now- but, it is soooo much cheaper!!

got to go find that video of the guy missing the ship. funny

Yes, you do- hope I never have that experience!

and Tammy its not that we cheer them on.. its that we totally bag on them.. like hurry your drunk @$$ up LOL

:rotfl2:I'm sure the guy had one too many shooters at Senor Frogs- :rotfl:

Another amazing dinner. Wow - that food looks so yummy and I'm glad to see that the boys were adventurous with their appetites. Your wait staff seems like they are awesome.

I really enjoyed the pictures from the villians show. What a great day!

I LOVE when kids try different foods- Tyler is NEVER a problem- he will eat anything and everything- Timmy can be more particular, but when he is encouraged, he will usually go for it. Even Timmy l;ikes escargot- I got him to try it at F&W when he was 8!

We had a similar experience, except it was all day long, not just in the morning. The Dad was screaming at his two kids (sounded like they were pre-teens...I never actually saw them) constantly the entire trip. Yelling at them to get up, get dressed, get moving, etc. I was sitting up in our bed one day, resting my head on the headboard, when the Dad threw some sort of tantrum and slammed something on the opposite side of the wall (I'm guessing a drawer), causing my head to bounce off the headboard!

On one of the days I was up early, having coffee out on the verandah, enjoying the world and the silence, when someone opened their verandah doors. Dad then started screaming at his kids again to get up or else and then I heard it....THE SLAP. He had slapped one of the kids...from the sound of it, across the face. I was completely horrified.

I wasn't sure what, if anything, I should do. I just went back into the cabin. I still feel terrible about it. :sad1:

Well, that sucks! I don't think there is anything you CAN do in that situation- slapping your kid (although I don't do it) is not illegal- but don't you wonder if that ****** had any idea how bad he sounded? And that so many people on the ship could hear him treating his family so badly? I think I wpoould have been tempted to yell something back during one of his tirades- I DID yell something to "Boo" and her parents one day, probably on the last morning, though.

Too funny! :laughing: It kills me- all that food to choose from and she eats rolls. I am such a carnivore, I could easily skip the rolls.

Kids are nuts when it comes to food!! :rotfl: But I bet the rolls ARE really good, too!

Wow Escargot !!There is no waymy GKs would try that!!! Well Kyle might , he does now like shrimp !!The girls are NOT seafood eaters , Tuna and maybe fishstix:rotfl2:

I draw the line at Frog Legs :scared1::scared1:Don't like oysters but love clams go figure !!!

Dates are flexible now but the kids are off school Th Oct 18 and Fri Oct 19 (2012) so I'd like to take advantage of that- the less the miss the better. Do you know how long F&W generally runs and when does it typically start? Our family will eat just about anything- not picky at all. Even Chloe who is my carb-a-holic loves her veggies. She could just live off fries and rolls if we'd allow it. ;)

As of now we are thinking SSR/BWV but realize BWV might be hard to get at the 7 month.

I LOVE when kids try different foods- Tyler is NEVER a problem- he will eat anything and everything- Timmy can be more particular, but when he is encouraged, he will usually go for it. Even Timmy l;ikes escargot- I got him to try it at F&W when he was 8!

You are so lucky! My poor Brother and SIL have given up on getting my nephew (14!) to eat something other than bread or pizza (still bread! LOL). They were at my dad's with us for New year's Day and all the kid ate all day was crackers and pepperoni and a klondike bar. My dad says he must be absorbing nutrients out of the air because to look at him he is obviously not malnourished. He has always been healthy and is very active in sports, etc.

.....the whole cast of "Barney Live" is at my job.....:scared1:
.....WE ARE SOLD OUT SUPER BOWL WEEK:scared1::scared1: & :woohoo:.

But then I see your food pics (love the desserts) -

All is well again:cloud9:.

But.....
Now if ya can just make Barney gooooooooooooo away...........>>;)

T.T.F.N.

I found the address,
It uses something called a "caller" as like a box office.

Maria Fernanda Paz from Argentina, was our assistant server, she could be a Palo level server but she does not want that competition.
She worked awsome with our server. We usually had a newbie as an assistant so this was great.
Very friendly, kind and caring. :cheer2:
We still say my son's name Zachary in her accent at times!

WHEW!!! I just caught back up after having the computer break down since Christmas! Looks like you all are having a wonderful time! I'm glad the dining staff went out of their way to make sure you were pleased though, that is great! Still loving all the food porn! Can't wait for another update! popcorn::

Hope you all had wonderful holidays!

Oooh what a yummy meal!!! Everything looked absolutely delicious :thumbsup2 I saw the finished plate of escargot in front of Tyler....did he eat those too? Looks like the boys and your servers were really stepping it up!! :) This looks by far the best selection of food for the trip (except for Palo of course ;).)

Absolutely he did eat them all- he loves them!

Yes, my neighbor is quite devastated.....apparently she has done this before ( I have lived here for 9 years and it was before then.) He calls to just talk and I think is pretty lonely...their daughter is 19 and lives at home but with both of them working different hours, and well her being 19 and very social he is alone much of the time. Just to move in with a guy you really only know from online chatting is pretty risky I think but whatev....if she is happy then move on I guess :sad2: Too bad I won't get the DVC kick back from them....:laughing: Just kidding. ;)

Tracy

That really is a shame- I hope he can get to a place where he realizes life is better without her. My cousin's husband had a similar situation with his ex wife- she moved to Ohio to be with a MARRIED man she met on the internet, got pregnant by him, he stayed married and then she tried to take her kids with her to Ohio. Most of the kids (they had 6) were older and got wind of the fact that she was going to take them all to Ohio, and they took off the night she was planning to take them- the two younger ones weren't as lucky. But he (my cousin-in-law) actually FINALLY got full custody. The kids hated their mom- and then, she died. :scared1: And when she did- they didn't even care. It was so, so sad, I felt so bad for all of them when this was going on.

Wahoo Grace and Teresa for scoring you a charger. I would go bananas with a dead cell phone!

Love your photos of the Beach Club! One day we'll stay there but we need to stay at SSR/THV first!

Good boys earning their GAD paases! :thumbsup2

I like that you and Pods spilt at times during WDW. I can see DH wanting to gold a couple afternoons which I enjoy the parks with the kids.

LMAO at the ToT photo, well worth the purchase price. It feels like the first time.....it feels like the very ti-ime....Like the chilling grammy in the front row shooting that pic of her grandson. Wat up? :cool2:

Woot woot to adding on! :woohoo:

The cupcakes looks orgasmic! :cloud9:

When I see the word Ditch in your trippie, I know it's going to be good! :surfweb:

Not sure I will every be mature or refined enough to sip tequila. I drink it straight for one purpose.... party:

We usually split up because that's the only way for the other boys to do golf or the water parks (things my oldest wouldn't do), this was the first time we split to save some $ and give Pods some down time. It worked well! He was a happy camper!

And hey! Sometimes sippin Tequila is good! :thumbsup2 I can promise you it works no matter how you drink it! :rotfl:

Wow Escargot !!There is no waymy GKs would try that!!! Well Kyle might , he does now like shrimp !!The girls are NOT seafood eaters , Tuna and maybe fishstix:rotfl2:

I draw the line at Frog Legs :scared1::scared1:Don't like oysters but love clams go figure !!!

Well, I like pretty much everything- so Tyler gets that from me. Not that Pods is really fussy, either. But they all eat fish- we had it twice last week.

Dates are flexible now but the kids are off school Th Oct 18 and Fri Oct 19 (2012) so I'd like to take advantage of that- the less the miss the better. Do you know how long F&W generally runs and when does it typically start? Our family will eat just about anything- not picky at all. Even Chloe who is my carb-a-holic loves her veggies. She could just live off fries and rolls if we'd allow it. ;)

As of now we are thinking SSR/BWV but realize BWV might be hard to get at the 7 month.

F&W usually starts at the very beginning of October and ends the beginning of November. It used to start the End of September, but last year it went back to the old schedule and ran through sometime in November (the 8th, maybe?). You will be fine in the middle of October.

ANd speaking of BWV....I found out this morning Disney passed on our contract!! We close 1/20 on 100 BWV Points!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:yay:

Boardwalk... and I'll see if they have brains on the room service menu.....

Maybe mousekeeping has a bag of those like they do phone chargers. I hear people sometimes have such a good time on these trips they loose their minds. Lol!

OMG!!!! We are in BIG trouble!!! LMAO!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter