Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise, Oct 30th,2010 Magical Western NewTR link 4/10

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by podsnel, Dec 1, 2010.

1. TheThomsLuvDisney

TheThomsLuvDisney DIS Veteran

Absolutely loving your TR and subbing in popcorn::!

Your fireworks and night parade pictures are amazing, what's your trick?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mysteria

Mysteria I guess the tag fairies wings were clipped.

Decided to jump on over before I got too behind here too. I love the 'stache idea! Timmy looks like he was tub surfing in front of Pods who was doing the gassy chacha slide.

What beautiful fireworks shots!

4. bstafford

bstafford Mouseketeer

Ellen I have to tell you that I distinctly remember your last trip report. Your report was one of the reasons that I NEED to take a Disney Cruise some day. But...we have to wait until we can better afford it. So keep it up, and thank you for it!:)

5. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

enjoying your report so far:cool1:

6. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

Hi Chris! Thanks for coming along on my TR! :goodvibes I am so happy you like the fireworks pics- as I was posting, I kept thinking, is this too many? Do they all look the same? Will I be boring everybody to death?? So I'm glad you liked them- thanks for telling me so! :goodvibes

Hi! Nice to meet you! :flower3: No trick- I used a small version of a tripod called a gorilla pod- it is flexible, and can wrap around things- like the rose fence. My camera is a DSLR- a Rebel xsi. This was my first time remembering to actually USE the tri-pod, I am so glad I did! Next time I want to try my REAL tripod- it's just that then I will have to lug it all around the park. The downside of the gorilla pod is that it is not always level, so you have to keep guessing at how straight the pics are. For the parade pics, I used nothing- just me. But I did attach my flash attachment, which provides more light than just the camera flash. I'm really happy you liked them! :goodvibes

Thanks! Timmy was a nut job in the room- he kept jumping all over the place (well, I guess when you can walk on water, you can pretty much do whatever you want, huh? :rolleyes1). He was driving us crazy!! We did finally get him to stop, though, awful parents that we are.

Hi again! I am so glad you liked the last one- I hope this one will be convincing for you, too! We hesitated for a long time to take this cruise- it IS expensive. And it took a LONG TIME for me to get over the guilt of going somewhere without Sean- I just kept waiting for him to get to where I thought he could go, too. Now I wish I would have gotten over it sooner- we missed all those years when they were little when they would have been totally enamoured with all the character interaction on the ship- it's just so different from the parks. Sometimes they are just walking around, hangin' out. :thumbsup2 And they go into the clubs- it's very, very cool!

Thanks so much for telling me - I do really, really appreciate it! And thanks for reading!

7. myelton01

myelton01 Mouseketeer

Wahoo! Another Halloween TR! :) Can't wait to read more! Subbing in. :thumbsup2

I forgot to say that your fireworks pics were absolutely AMAZING!!! I can't wait until we take our kids to that in October! Thank you for all the awesome MNSSHP pics! :goodvibes

8. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Hi Ellen! I saw your link on Rosie's TR and quickly had to jump over to subscribe!! I somehow managed to unsubscribe frm your AKL TR???? :confused: I guess I need to go back and read all the update I missed. But this time I will make sure to stay around!! :thumbsup2

9. podsnel

SO I was still watching the parade, and I was STILL by myself, and I was STILL wearing my mustache. What. A. Dork.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cowboys were fun- I tried to take more pics of them, but my flash was not cooperating-actually, this was happening with all these shots. I should have replaced the batteries right before the parade began- oh well! Lesson learned!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one still scares me- ever since I was a little girl. I think it's her hat. She is just....the scariest evil Queen, isn't she?? Maleficent...ooh! Even her name makes me shudder. Maybe it's her association with a needle- ok. That's enough psycho-analysis into my mental state for one day.

[​IMG]

This is much better! I'm hardly ever afraid of jellybeans!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The parade was over, and STILL no family. What the heck? I guess SM is the world's longest ride...but I had wanted to go on, too! Oh well...finally I found them, all on the bridge- WITHOUT THEIR MUSTACHES!!! :scared1: Hey! No fair! So finally, FINALLY, I took my itchy facial hair off. Sorry. Next, we rode BTMR- twice. I love that ride- it always makes me giggle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We did a little ToTing-

[​IMG]

And went over to the Haunted Mansion. I LOVED the ghost outside- she was a riot!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only bad thing was that due to construction, Madame Liota et al was not able to be seen- although I did see the headstones on a float in the parade, but didn't realize that was my only chance.

[​IMG]

We did more ToTing, and headed through Fantasyland. I was very glad Sean wasn't with us- I think it might have really bothered him- it all looks so different there right now. On the way, we passed-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cont'd next post-

10. podsnel

We were heading back to ride Space Mountain again-

[​IMG]

Pods was going to sit this one out- he said he had had enough of SM. He also said it just doesn't do it for him anymore because RnRC is so much more of a ride. :eek: Whatevaaahhhh.... we still like it. We got in, and were in the back car. And the CMs said, "Hey- weren't they wearing mustaches before?"

Seriously.

It really is that impressive of a costume. Who knew? :rotfl: Go Tyler!

[​IMG]

I would like to say- for anyone out there who thinks SM isn't all that...ride in the last seat of the last car. O.M.G. Talk about gettin tossed around like a bag of chips- it's a whole other ride in that back seat! I was yelping the entire ride!!

[​IMG]

When we got off, I made everyone actually take a Photopass pic. As if it would kill them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FWIW, it makes me CRAZY that those pics are focused on the castle and not on my family. CRAZY!!!!!!

Tim & Pods decided to go back to BCV...we still had some time left before the stroke of 12, and Tyler was on a mission to still fill the uhaul up with as much candy as humanly possible, so we stayed and ToT'd some more. We literally ToT'd right until the very end when they closed it up. On the way out-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously, I was NOT using my tripod for any of those shots- sorry! I also was using my Point & Shoot. I never saw the candy at the exit, and I was looking for it, because we had gotten a TON there the last time. Maybe it was because it was after 12, and the party was truly over. The bus was just pulling up, and we ran like maniacs to catch it- we were home and to bed in no time.

Tomorrow, we had quite a day planned- time to get some much needed sleep! But would sleep be enough for young Mr. Tim???? All signs point to no.......Up next!

11. BettyBeBop

BettyBeBop Mouseketeer

Your pictures are amazing! And what a wonderful seat for the parade!! Love the TR. Can't wait for more.

12. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

Yes!!! We are still locked and loaded for our cruise and when I told Ally about Timmy's not so magical "entrance" she said, in her sweet little chipmunk voice, "That sucks." :rotfl2:

13. nenner1

nenner1 <font color=darkorchid>I must've been distracted b

Aw man, the second time you guys were in TL/SM we were probably in the vicinity since we finished up over there and probably spent the whole last hour in TL. So close but yet so far....eh? ;) We started walking out at about 10 'til midnight and probably reached the main exit right at midnight, the exit candy barrels were still in full swing. We hit all 4 of 'em, but only one had the real kick-booty Werthers chewies that I am still craving to this day. Wish we had bothered to grab more of those.

I am impressed at how much you guys got done in such a short amount of time. It was a wonderful party, and I'm so glad we decided to do it, it really set the tone for the whole "Halloween" part of the cruise, until when Halloween was over, it was OVER. LOL!!!:goodvibes

14. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Wonderful shot of the headless horseman.

You could have explained away the mustache by saying that you were post menopausel! :scared1:

15. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! Looks like a great MNSSHP! Love the facial hair! :rotfl2: That parade is creepy - they do a good job. Malificent has always been scarey to me, too! I love the jelly bean comment - where is that Tag Fairy??? :goodvibes I thought you were cruising at the same time as we were - ours sailed 10/10/10 - Also a Western. I'm looking forward to your TR! I'm most interested in whether you will kiss any monkeys:confused3

16. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Oh, and Hi Jen! Love your new siggie - really creative!

17. nenner1

nenner1 <font color=darkorchid>I must've been distracted b

Hmmm...just this once I think!:rotfl2:

[​IMG]

Hey Tammie!!! Thanks!!!! :) Good to see ya!!!! :hug:

18. wuv tigger

wuv tigger <font color=red>I just want us to all be well<br><

What a great TR!

I've loved reading your TR to WDW & your family adventures on the Magic.

Sorry we missed this cruise .... sounds like y'all had a great time .... we head out on the Wonder in Jan for a 7 day Mexican Rivera

Judy

19. Cheryl726

Cheryl726 DIS Veteran

Your photopass pics came out great! Enjoying your TR!

20. livingis2me

livingis2me DIS Veteran

Ellen,

I'm enjoying your TR!

It was fun meeting your family! Brendan really enjoyed hanging out with Timmy and Tyler. And I know Savannah was happy to have a dance partner for pirate night.;)

Ron

21. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Forgot to tell ya, Love those Shirts you all are wearing! They are awesome. I just wish my girls would wear something like that but that is not what they do. :confused3

We still have candy from trick or treating down there this year. It is not going down very fast here. I remember the first time we were there Halloween must have been sponsored by Hershey's because we had lots of chocolate and really good stuff. Now there is not so much chocolate and more nerd type stuff. :confused3 But it is still the best time to go, IMHO.

And the parade is the best! With the grave diggers and their shovels and the ghost dancers, how can it get any better? Well, the cowboy dancers have cute little, ummmmm, behinds! ;) My favorite parade of them all. :banana:

So, I'm curious, did Tim get enough sleep that night?