Mickey's Halloween Party 2012 -- Check In

October 5th! Just booked the flight.

I don't know if I will wear a costume. 2 years ago I was a Dharma Initiative Worker from 'Lost' and it's the only costume I own... but the show's been off the air for a while now.

Priory -

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Very true. While I would recognize your costume if I saw you at the MHP (I was a huge "Lost" fan!), others might not (or should I say "The Others," to throw in a little "Lost" humor there!:rotfl2:). It could be out of sight, out of mind for "Lost," and the costume ideas would certainly be lost on everyone else.

I've had to fill the "Lost" void with other shows and have found a couple of great ones, but I don't think Disneyland would appreciate a costume modeled after what the cookers wear on "Breaking Bad"!:rotfl2: (And I'm just kidding, obviously - I would never dress up in that kind of costume, anyway!:rotfl:)

I bought an AP that I am planning on activating during our October trip. We also want to go to the HP on 10/23. I have been worried I will not get the AP advance purchase time/price since it is not activated. I also was not sure if they would offer other discounts to Disney Visa holders (which we have) or DVC members.
I decided to call Disneyland's AP line to get some answers if possible to these questions...
I spoke with a very nice CM, named Kristin. I asked about purchasing at the AP rate on the 9th with my pass not being activated. She seemed to think I would be able to do this on the 9th even with the pass not being activated. I also asked her about the Disney Visa, and if a discount will be offered with them when the tickets go on sale to the general public. Kristin told me that I have a Disney Visa card, I could purchase the tickets NOW at the AP advance purchase rates. She said they have been available for purchase for a few days. I also inquired about DVC members, and she said they get the same deal as Disney Visa members....
This made my day! :wizard:
As soon as I get home and have my Visa #, I am buying HP tickets.
~ Cross posting this on some other threads where this info may be helpful ~

I bought an AP that I am planning on activating during our October trip. We also want to go to the HP on 10/23. I have been worried I will not get the AP advance purchase time/price since it is not activated. I also was not sure if they would offer other discounts to Disney Visa holders (which we have) or DVC members.
I decided to call Disneyland's AP line to get some answers if possible to these questions...
I spoke with a very nice CM, named Kristin. I asked about purchasing at the AP rate on the 9th with my pass not being activated. She seemed to think I would be able to do this on the 9th even with the pass not being activated. I also asked her about the Disney Visa, and if a discount will be offered with them when the tickets go on sale to the general public. Kristin told me that I have a Disney Visa card, I could purchase the tickets NOW at the AP advance purchase rates. She said they have been available for purchase for a few days. I also inquired about DVC members, and she said they get the same deal as Disney Visa members....
This made my day! :wizard:
As soon as I get home and have my Visa #, I am buying HP tickets.
~ Cross posting this on some other threads where this info may be helpful ~

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!:dance3:

I just called and bought my 3 party tix for Oct 2nd with my Disney Visa discount. The CM told me you MUST use your Disney Visa to purchase them and you get the AP discount, $46 each!!:yay:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!:dance3:

I just called and bought my 3 party tix for Oct 2nd with my Disney Visa discount. The CM told me you MUST use your Disney Visa to purchase them and you get the AP discount, $46 each!!:yay:

What number did you call? Does it have to be the Premier Disney Visa?

What number did you call? Does it have to be the Premier Disney Visa?
No, either Disney Visa will work. DVC members can purchase now too.
Yep....I had to wait till I got home from work to buy them. Just purchased 3 tickets to the 10/23 for $46 each and they waived the $5 mailing fee. Should be here in 7-10 days.
I called the AP # at 714 781-PASS.
Also confirmed that unactivated AP's can purchase 7/9 at AP rates.
:cool1:

No, either Disney Visa will work. DVC members can purchase now too.
Yep....I had to wait till I got home from work to buy them. Just purchased 3 tickets to the 10/23 for $46 each and they waived the $5 mailing fee. Should be here in 7-10 days.
I called the AP # at 714 781-PASS.
Also confirmed that unactivated AP's can purchase 7/9 at AP rates.
:cool1:

Thanks for the great info. Not sure if you know this but I am not a AP holder so do you think I would have to wait?

Thanks for the great info. Not sure if you know this but I am not a AP holder so do you think I would have to wait?
No waiting necessary. AP holders cannot purchase until 7/9. I found a secret pre-sale for Disney Visa and DVC members....that they didn't seem to tell anyone about.

I'm not a AP holder, just have a Disney Visa credit card. I was told AP holders can't buy until the 9th.

I did have to put the cost of the tix on my Disney visa card. They wouldn't waive the $5 mailing fee for me. So maybe the other poster just got lucky!;)

I'm not a AP holder, just have a Disney Visa credit card. I was told AP holders can't buy until the 9th.

I did have to put the cost of the tix on my Disney visa card. They wouldn't waive the $5 mailing fee for me. So maybe the other poster just got lucky!;)

If they wouldn't waive the mailing fee does that mean there is another way besides the mail to get the tickets that doesn't cost?

If they wouldn't waive the mailing fee does that me there is another way besides the mail to get the tickets that doesn't cost?

The CM I spoke with said they only mail them when doing an advance purchase. Maybe if you wait until it opens to the general public you can buy online and just print off the tickets? The is the 1st year we will be going, so I don't really know how this works. All I know is that when buying them ahead of time, they mail them...and of course you have to pay for the cost of mailing them. But it's worth asking for them to waive it, and it's only $5. I would rather pay the $5 then risk not getting tix.;)

I called the AP # 714 781-PASS. I called that # because I had AP related questions. However, my pass has not been activated yet, and they did not look anything up to confirm. Not sure if they waived the fee because of the AP line. Worth a shot, I guess.
Chris~Did you have a Premier card? I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

I called the AP # 714 781-PASS. I called because I have AP related questions. However, my pass has mot been activated yet, and they did not look anything up to confirm. Not sure if they waived the fee because of the AP line.
Chris~Did you have a Premier card? I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

Nope, just regular ole Disney Visa credit card. I asked Disney Visa questions and said I had heard (from you Girimama!) that I could buy now...so I just found the phone# on Disney website.

I just purchased 6 tickets for 9/28.

I have the regular (not premier) Disney Visa card. I called the 714-781-7277 (AP line) and didn't have any problems. When they said it was $5 for shipping I mentioned that I heard of someone getting this fee waived. She placed me on hold and asked her supervisor and the answer was still no on waiving the fee.

I was given the $46 dollar rate also.

thanks so much for finding this information.

I just wanted to double check something:

I'm reading in some other threads that people are already buying tickets... I'm guessing they are AP holders.

For the regular joe's the soonest we can buy tickets is the 16 July right?

I'm asking because on the DL site it also says that AP holders can buy tickets on the 09 July but they are already buying them so I'm a little confused.

Thanks in advance!

I just wanted to double check something:

I'm reading in some other threads that people are already buying tickets... I'm guessing they are AP holders.

For the regular joe's the soonest we can buy tickets is the 16 July right?

I'm asking because on the DL site it also says that AP holders can buy tickets on the 09 July but they are already buying them so I'm a little confused.

Thanks in advance!

This pre-pre sale of tickets is if you have the Disney (Chase) Credit Card or a DVC owner.
Annual Passholder tickets go on sale on July 9.
Advance purchase tickets go on sale July 16 (advance tickets on sale to the general public)
jc

I'm hoping to make it to Mickey's Halloween Treat this year- somewhere around my birthday which is October 20th. I just moved to CA from Orlando where I attended Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party every year, and I'm eager to see how they compare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter