• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MIB tips for left and right hand lanes

If you are referring to your room keys, you can definitely use them on MIB. I've done it many times. Just go through the Universal Express line.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I knew that there were a couple rides you couldn't use them on but MIB was never mentioned to me untill i called yeasterday. She obviously didn't know what she was talking about. :D

the way things exist we are all going to have to stop using the letters FOTL when we mean EXPRESS.

FOTL is a perk of the VIP tour which is an extra you pay for.

EXPRESS is a room key, or express pass machine function. :smooth:

I see. That is just what they called it when i made my reservations. "frount of the line". I understand that you will have to wait in the regular express line and you may or may not end up in the fotl. thanks! :cool:

very good guide Rocketman23.

glad you added the drop-down-boys to yours

:smooth:

I just got off the phone with a universal operator and she said you can't use the fotl for MIB.

NOT TRUE!!!!

We just returned - we were at HRH form 8/27 through today. We used our room key to get into the Express line at MIB, many, many, many times! My kids loved this ride, and must have done it over 50 times in the 4 days we went to the parks.

I just wanted to thank you for your tips. We are just back from 3 days Universal and IoA and 7 days at WDW. We stayed on site and used front of the line access on MIB at least 10 times. We did MIB for the first time and my husband and I and 2 teen sons scored an average of 47,000. Then we pulled out these tips that I had printed off for our trip (I printed a copy for each of us.) We each skimmed the tips and went back and tried again and averaged 400,000. Major improvement there!

None of us ever scored 999,999 but were averaging 700,000 by the end of the trip. We couldn't remember all of the tips but did study them when we got back to the HRH each night. The part that helped us the most was to shoot between the eyes, putting the other car into a spin, and making sure we all got the 100,000 bonus points at the end. We looked for "MIB999,999" on Saturday morning Nov. 2 as we read he was there on most Saturday mornings but since I didn't know what he looked like or his real name, we couldn't find him.

Bev Hamilton

MIB999999 has been with MsDisney since the early part of this year and we have not been there on saturday's due to little league games for the boys.

we were there 11/10 and rode a few times. MsDis had the misfortune of getting a bad gun both times. MIB9's hit 999,999 once. :smooth:

glad the tips were of help. 700,000 is a great score. :bounce: :bounce:

Hey straight 9's are possible without going for the exhaust port. One thing that wasn't mentioned is the octopus alien between the two tracks that pops up out of the barrel after the scanner. He's hard to hit, but two consecutive shots on him is almost 250,000 points, easy. After that just lay your laser dot on the scaffolding aliens and you should have straight 9's coming out of the scanner/detour scene.

Jason

MsDis and MIB9's will check it out next time we are there. one of us will shoot and the other will watch the score to see how many points you actually get from this target. that is if we can hit it!!!:smooth:

Well, all I know is that I can go into the scanner with 600 or so and come out with about 950... Exact point values? Not sure.. but those two sets are the definite sweet spots.

Jason

I had fun reading though these posts. I did some reading before our trip Aug 01 and we did ok, but will study up before our next trip in April.

One funny thing that happened in 01 was that a older teenage guy was seated in our car and his friends were in the car opposite us (they must have had too many people to all fit in one car). He took one look at me and my kids and looked like he was wondering what he'd done wrong to get stuck with us. He gave us a pointer (ie, do you know about the _____?) and we said, "yes, and do you know about x, y, and z?". He looked surprised and was happy when we not only kicked alien butt, but also beat his friends by far. :)

My daughter (13yo at the time) remembers getting close to 600,000. Hopefully we'll be able to repeat that if not improve.

MIB999999 - Just to say thanks for the tips. It's my husband's favourite ride. We went last month with daughter and son-in-law. Both the guys got the magical 'all the nines'. Us girls are not far behind - daugher on 900,000+ and I'm on 804,000+. At least us gals have something to aim for on our next trip!

Funniest ride for me was when I was in a car with two teenage boys. They scored quite low, looked at my very high score (me being a middle-aged woman, old enough to be their grandmother) and said - "I guess our guns must be broken"!

We always use single rider line and just cut through the baby swop, never go on the same car together as we end up aiming at the same targets. By the end of two weeks, the attendants were telling us how much they were going to miss us!

Thanks again.

Ann.

You are most welcome.

this ride seems to hold a special fascination for those from the United Kingdom. The ride attendents are great and get to know frequent riders quickly.

an added bonus that was not known at the time the handbook was done.

right after the scan, there are two alien over the left track and one over the right track that drop down from the ceiling. on the I-beam behind them are the sensors to shoot for and they are worth big points. If you find the sensors, keep shooting them since they continue to give good points, even better than the exhaust port:smooth:

Thanks for all of the GREAT tips!!!! I Finally got to BEAT my BIL!!! The look on his face when he saw my score was PRICELESS!!! I will NEVER tell my secert to him!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

To bad they don't take a picture at the end so you could get that priceless look. They take it at the 6 against one alien which I think was suppose to be smart planning but no one caught on. When the alien would say don't shoot, don't shoot, it is suppose to make everyone stop shooting and put their guns down so that when they took the picture, you could see a great picture of yourself. I just love this ride. Also check out my updated handbook that clearifies a little more and is all neat in one thread instead of bits and pieces.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=415089

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 3, 2003 8:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=lime>Countdown To My Universal Studios MIB Ride Trip :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'hiphip horay im on my way';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

when you guys say not to let go of the trigger, do you mean keep pressing the trigger non-stop, or literally holding down the trigger from the start to the end of the ride? thanks

We me pull and hold down the trigger from beginning to end. You get an easy 20,000 just for shooting the ceiling the whole ride. So if you get less, you stink. No offense.

Didn't see these tips before our trip, what a bummer. However after talking with the ride ops we were given enough tips to get respectable scores. My son got 741,000 and I was at 600,000. Even my daughter was getting 300,000 scores. I scanned this post and didn't see anything on the Baby Alien in the Baby Carriage or the Mailbox Alien. These are some of the tips we got from the ride Ops. Never looked to see the actual scores from these guys though. But the ride Ops are a very friendly bunch and we were on a first name basis after the second day, they made the ride even better. Noisy Cricket II stinks could never get above 250,000 with that gun. Next time, 999,999

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter