MIB tips for left and right hand lanes

Originally posted by loko123
when you guys say not to let go of the trigger, do you mean keep pressing the trigger non-stop, or literally holding down the trigger from the start to the end of the ride? thanks

yes, just hold it down from start till the spinning under the big bug. your finger will not be as tired and your aim will be better :smooth:

Originally posted by Patch'sD
Didn't see these tips before our trip, what a bummer. However after talking with the ride ops we were given enough tips to get respectable scores. My son got 741,000 and I was at 600,000. Even my daughter was getting 300,000 scores. I scanned this post and didn't see anything on the Baby Alien in the Baby Carriage or the Mailbox Alien. These are some of the tips we got from the ride Ops. Never looked to see the actual scores from these guys though. But the ride Ops are a very friendly bunch and we were on a first name basis after the second day, they made the ride even better. Noisy Cricket II stinks could never get above 250,000 with that gun. Next time, 999,999

The baby carriage alien you have to hit the sensor's directly or it will not activate. it is also difficult to hit if you are on he right side of the car on the left track. to many heads in the way

i am interested in what the ride ops told you about the mail box alien. :smooth:

Yeah unless there is something MIB999999, rocketman, and I missed, I don't believe there is much to be given out of the mailbox alien. He is really there for show in my mind. I am more focused on the Eyeball or the second story windows. Anything on the first story that is close to you isn't worth much (except the baby alien which we know is a big exception). Oh and by the way, Anyone who is interested can check out my brand new guide on my very own webpage. This is a miracle in itself because I have never created a webpage before and it actually came out pretty good. Still waiting for the response about getting it on IOAcentral.com. I hope I get that confirmation :)

Edward's MIB Handbook Version 4.0

No points were given, Where told good point totals where for Frank the dog, Baby Alien, and Mailbox Alien. Sorry for little Info. Mailbox Alien does get red eyes. I think to busy shooting. With Express we were limited to the left side so we were getting good at Baby Alien.

We have to keep this thread open until I get a chance to read all the pages. I live in constant competition with my DD15 who scored a 999999 on one gun and 167800 on another on his 15th birthday. I printed your older handbook which gave me as good an edge as possible and I could see my son aiming at the same targets. When I tried to share your info I was ignored. Any updates? I had a hard time finding all of the targets.
Any truth to the rumor that you shoot your own exhaust port?
We are normally in the 500000 range. We rarely loose to the other car.

Just got back from my trip and managed to bag all nines 3 times and alot of near misses (980-995k's). Everytime I got all nines I only came out of training with 20-30k. I've always struggled in training even with the tips here.

In Area 2 where MIB999999 suggests going for the alien on the fire hydrant. I aim for something else. On the Left hand side there is a building with 6 windows, 3 aliens in the the bottom ones (plus one outside). On the second story, in the end window there is an alien that pops up in here. The window is split in two and there are two sensors at the top of the split (Just below what you can see of the bottom of the aliens torso) I tended to bang these alot and on occasions I got the noise you get for hitting the exhaust point, along with a stack of points!

To be perfectly honest, it's all down the gun you get, I found some of them to be much more sensitive than others, my scores ranged from 218k - 999,999 Obviously I am not perfect everytime but the gun makes a massive difference and can be the difference between maxing and not IMO.

Good luck all.

I'm getting better on both sides, moreso on the left lane than the right. I never knew about the fire hydrant alien, so I will have to try and shoot him down.

Originally posted by daywalker
In Area 2 where MIB999999 suggests going for the alien on the fire hydrant. I aim for something else. On the Left hand side there is a building with 6 windows, 3 aliens in the the bottom ones (plus one outside). On the second story, in the end window there is an alien that pops up in here. The window is split in two and there are two sensors at the top of the split (Just below what you can see of the bottom of the aliens torso) I tended to bang these alot and on occasions I got the noise you get for hitting the exhaust point, along with a stack of points!

To be perfectly honest, it's all down the gun you get, I found some of them to be much more sensitive than others, my scores ranged from 218k - 999,999 Obviously I am not perfect everytime but the gun makes a massive difference and can be the difference between maxing and not IMO.

Good luck all.

Congrat's on the 999,999. If i am having trouble hitting the right area of the Hydrant Alien I will go up and hit the alien you are talking about once or twice. I will then always go over the the alien on the right side, second story for the big points before the spin. I will have to check out the other one and see how many points you get for repeated hits. Thanks for the info. The gun really does make a difference. We have found that it is hard to explain the problem to the ride attendents when your score is over 300,000 and you try to tell them the gun is not working properly. :smooth:

Originally posted by the Dark Marauder
I'm getting better on both sides, moreso on the left lane than the right. I never knew about the fire hydrant alien, so I will have to try and shoot him down.

Hey Dark Marauder, nice to have met you at HHN. Just once i would like to ride through MIB with all the lights up to full, just to be able to see all the sensors. The sensors on the Hydrant alien are sometimes hard to hit. Next time i get to ride in the left track on the right side of the car i am going to try to see exactly where they are located:smooth:

I do get a few hits on the hydrant alien. Sometimes more than others. When I got 913k, I got all the hits on him. I thought it was so cool seeing him rise up and the water below.

After I shoot him I aim for the aliens up high, then at the gun of the big eyeball alien. If I'm doing well, I'll enter the ambush area with 300k+

OK MIB, I'm not saying my target is worth more than your hydrant one, I just struggled to get the sensor on the hydrant!
Switched to the one I talked about all the time and got the distinctive 'ker-ching' sound on occasions. Not sure what the target is worth but whenever I entered the spin after a 'ker-ching' it was always with one of my better scores.

Will be interesting to see what you can find out.

I've thanked you, Kevin, before for this awesome guide but I just have to do it again. Thank-you, buddy! Now my two teen sons get 999999 almost every time and my husband gets it fairly often. (I'm still in the 7-800,000 range.)

But today! Woohoo! My youngest son got 100,000 plus in the training area and the next time he got 110,000! Yes, the training area! Since he consitently gets the 9's, if no one is sitting by him, he'll pick up another gun when he gets the 9's (and has maxed out his gun) and scores some more points. He got 999999 today and then another 459,00 with the second gun. He can sometimes max out one gun by the time he gets to the scan and then get more points after the scan with a second gun.

My sons are really hoping they meet you sometime to thank you for all your excellent tips. Did I mention how much we love living in Orlando? We don't even miss Texas.

Bev

Finally, finally, finally I got the 999,999 today. Life is good!

Bev

Thank you, Rocketman! I was afraid my wonderful news would be lost in this long (and relatively inactive) thread. I seriously considered renting a billboard! ;)

Only one thing marred my experience. We have a rather recent tradition in our family. The first time someone gets the 999,999 in our family, we buy the photo. Both my sons and my husband have pictures (three pictures in all.) Well today, the photo didn't catch any scores for my winning picture and showed zero for everyone's score on the photo. It happens from time to time but why, oh why did it have to happen when I finally got my 999,999? I'll just have to max out again soon on MIB so I can buy the picture.

My 2 kids and I went on MIB last night about 7. The queue was long so we hit the single riders line. I ended up in the back seat with 2 guys in their mid-twenties. The one next to me leaned over and told me to keep my finger on the trigger. "You mean to keep the trigger engauged?", I asked naively.
We got through the first area and I had 30k. Not my best but 3 times more than the other 2. I did good in the next area but when it came to our car hitting the opponents exhaust port these guys were terrible! I finally turned the gun on our own exhaust port and let us spin. I ended up with 600k while the other 2 had 129 & 140k, pathetic! Pulling into the dock I asked the guy, How'd I do?" "How did you score so high?", he asked. "I kept the trigger engaged!"

I love riding single rider. For me, it is easier to get my points as my husband, sons, and I aren't all competing for the same targets. Nothing like seeing a mass of red laser dots and trying to figure out which one is yours!

I do the same thing that you do when I'm with strangers. They always seem to want to give me helpful hints. I just smile and say "thanks for the tips." One teen warned me to never push the red button or it would make us spin. So when I pushed it for the bonus points at the end (the one where you go into a spin inside the big, big bug) he said "I told you it would make us spin." I said, "Oops." But I left the ride with around 920,000 points and he left with 45,000.

I saw one kid once that thought the reason the ride stopped midway through the training area was because he pressed the red button. His mom actually scolded him.

Try asking the operator after you get all 9's: "I beat the game, can I ride again?"

Originally posted by phamton
I've thanked you, Kevin, before for this awesome guide but I just have to do it again. Thank-you, buddy! Now my two teen sons get 999999 almost every time and my husband gets it fairly often. (I'm still in the 7-800,000 range.)

But today! Woohoo! My youngest son got 100,000 plus in the training area and the next time he got 110,000! Yes, the training area! Since he consitently gets the 9's, if no one is sitting by him, he'll pick up another gun when he gets the 9's (and has maxed out his gun) and scores some more points. He got 999999 today and then another 459,00 with the second gun. He can sometimes max out one gun by the time he gets to the scan and then get more points after the scan with a second gun.

My sons are really hoping they meet you sometime to thank you for all your excellent tips. Did I mention how much we love living in Orlando? We don't even miss Texas.

Bev

That is a really great score by yourself since i see later in the thread you got the BIG 9's. Your son's score with two guns is really great. It sure out does what i have been able to do with two guns.

Way to go and it is great to find others that enjoy the game as much as the rest of us do!!!! :smooth:

Hi,

I will be going to US/IOA very soon and it will be my first time on many rides, MIB included. I have been reading the tips, but when you say sensors, what does the sensor look like?

Thanks,
Susan:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter