MHP costume thread

I'm bounding as well. I have 3 bounds started (Maleficent, Minnie, and working on Ursula). I'm thinking I need to do a villain for the party. Thinking Maleficent.

Love the bounding idea but I think we have decided to go as Lilo, Nani, David (her surfer boyfriend) and Stitch. Sooooo excited. We are driving from Utah so our costumes have to be easy to pack.

I have a couple of bounds together. Jack Skellington (I already have a black and white striped sun dress that I suddenly realized was perfect for bounding as jack) and tuxedo Mickey. I am really trying to bound only from my own closet and not shop for things. I want to save all my budget for the park.

My son was stich for Halloween when he was 3 and he had the costume with the extra arms and it was adorable.

have you seen this Lilo dress? its a decent price:

http://www.hottopic.com/product/dis...005056946dac&gclid=CJjJ8Puc9s4CFQ-DfgodIZkBng

Thanks! We have that same costume and my son wore it about 10 years ago. My MIL is a seamstress and so we are using parts of the old costume to make a new one; nothing over the top but we are trying to use the head, a set of arms, and the boot covers.

Thanks! We have that same costume and my son wore it about 10 years ago. My MIL is a seamstress and so we are using parts of the old costume to make a new one; nothing over the top but we are trying to use the head, a set of arms, and the boot covers.

What a great idea! That was an expensive costume so it would be great to get another use out of it.

Earlier this week, I put out all my Halloween decorations. Then yesterday my sister came over so we could work on her costume. With pumpkin candles lit, and football in the background, we went to work. It was the perfect setting to start getting SO excited for MHP! Her costume is Rey from The Force Awakens. We are trying to make it as authentic as possible, and we got pretty creative. So there was trips to goodwill, cutting, hot gluing, sewing, distressing, and coffee dying. It was so much fun! I cant wait until we have some pictures to post. I forgot to take some yesterday, but it came together so well so far!

Earlier this week, I put out all my Halloween decorations. Then yesterday my sister came over so we could work on her costume. With pumpkin candles lit, and football in the background, we went to work. It was the perfect setting to start getting SO excited for MHP! Her costume is Rey from The Force Awakens. We are trying to make it as authentic as possible, and we got pretty creative. So there was trips to goodwill, cutting, hot gluing, sewing, distressing, and coffee dying. It was so much fun! I cant wait until we have some pictures to post. I forgot to take some yesterday, but it came together so well so far!

That sounds like a day in the costume room at my sons school. They have a great theater program and he always does the plays since it is an inclusive program and I always help out making costumes even though I'm not a great seamstress. Turns out there is plenty to be done on costumes that has nothing to do with sewing.

And still I bought our costumes for Halloween. I have spend probably 30 hours in the last few weeks making costumes and yet when it came to my own my first idea was-whats on sale.:teeth:

Well atleast we have my sons costume now too. He is going to be Conner from Assassins Creed. so we are going to bit of a mis matched group. I'll be Sally fro NMBC, my son will be Connor, my nephew is going to be a ninja and my niece is going to be Maddie from Liv and Maddie.

Dd is dressing as Darla from Finding Nemo. Not sure dh will get on board with a costume, so we might just do Halloween shirts for us. We'll see.

How fun!! YES, definitely post some pics! Sounds like a great costume.

I'm wearing my Merida outfit again that I wore last year. I should probably sew up the seam openings though (I've lost inches since then, so with luck, I won't open any more seams).

I am having so much fun making my Cruella costume. Yesterday I added a veil and feathers to a pillbox hat; I've found the perfect emerald earrings for $1.50; found clip in black and white hair pieces at the dollar store; made a faux fur stole with a glue gun; and found a dress in my closet that will work perfectly. My dd-23 is joining me and I need to finish her Perdita ears tonight--I made her the cutest blue collar with a gold tag this weekend.

Sounds great! Please post photos when all is done. If you get to meet Cruella at the party, be prepared for some really fun interaction. We had a blast with her last year. :)

We are all ready. Our group includes Tightrope Walker, Crocodile from the same painting, Caretaker from Haunted Mansion, Ursula, Vanellope Von Schweetz, Woody, Iron Man and Wonder Woman. So excited!

We are all ready. Our group includes Tightrope Walker, Crocodile from the same painting, Caretaker from Haunted Mansion, Ursula, Vanellope Von Schweetz, Woody, Iron Man and Wonder Woman. So excited!
Wow!!!! Sounds like a fantastic group! Please post pictures if you have the chance! The tightrope walker is my favorite painting from HM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter