MHP costume thread

BatBunny

Earning My Ears
Hey all! With the MHPs starting just a little over a month away thought it would be fun to see who's wearing costumes and/or what costumes are they going to be? Love to hear all your ideas and see your photos as well. What have you got?

upload_2016-8-11_8-39-12.png

I dont have a complete costume yet, but finding this PERFECT carpet bag at a thrift store for 3 bucks inspired me to be Mary Poppins to MHP! I have this, a skirt, and pieces for the hat so far.

Your costumes are GREAT! I look forward to future posts on this thread!

View attachment 187281

I dont have a complete costume yet, but finding this PERFECT carpet bag at a thrift store for 3 bucks inspired me to be Mary Poppins to MHP! I have this, a skirt, and pieces for the hat so far.

Your costumes are GREAT! I look forward to future posts on this thread!
Thanks! :) The Mary Poppins idea sounds exciting. Is your son still going to do Peter Pan?

My DGD8 and I will be going as a suitcase and a dream. I haven't even started thinking about how to pull this off yet!
Wow, that a very cool and original idea, love it! 8-) Gotta see how that turns out.

I LOVE your costumes! We are still debating this but I am thinking Jedis.
Thank you :). Jedis sound like an awesome idea; that would make for some interesting interaction with Darth Vader and Co., lol.

Thanks for the likes and kind words; DW says thanks as well. Just a little update: DW now wants to make matching treat bags. I'll post them and them and the little additions to the costumes after they're done. Awesome ideas so far, really looking forward to seeing more costumes and ideas!

I'm still trying to talk him into Peter Pan...but I'm not winning. :sad: He wants to be a superhero so badly...and I'm just :sad2:...I want to see his cute little face all night at the party and in pictures! All the super heroes have their faces covered...so if he has to do it, I'm pushing him towards thor since he only wears a helmet.

Very true, but I'm thinking Superman doesn't wear a mask, so that may be some small compromise. But I'm on your side, kids have gotta be cute as much as they can so you can savor the moments.

you are all making me feel like a slacker. I don't even have ideas yet let alone anything tangible.

I'm making a tutu in Stitch colors, wearing my Stitch Disneyland tee shirt, and a Stitch "Mickey ears" headband...

I know..... Pretty lame compared to all the photo's I've just now seen... But this is my very first time at DL for Halloween and MHP

Not lame at all.

My granddaughter is Alice so we are all going as what I call "Essence of Wonderland" . She will be wearing her Alice dress. My daughter will be wearing Cheshire Cat leggings with a purple tutu, pink Cheshire t shirt and ears/tail. I will be wearing black leggings with red hearts, red tutu, and a Queen of Hearts t shirt with a black and red heart crown. We are both doing some face paint. My son in law is wearing a Mad Hatter t shirt, tie and hat. We might even get him in some face paint.

We are going to the 10/24 party, the night before Alice's 3rd birthday. Can't wait!!!!

Oh my everyone's costumes and ideas are great! My family is going with the Star Wars theme and I'm terribly un-crafty so everyone is getting a pre made costume with some additions I'm making.

I'm making a tutu in Stitch colors, wearing my Stitch Disneyland tee shirt, and a Stitch "Mickey ears" headband...

I know..... Pretty lame compared to all the photo's I've just now seen... But this is my very first time at DL for Halloween and MHP

Oh my everyone's costumes and ideas are great! My family is going with the Star Wars theme and I'm terribly un-crafty so everyone is getting a pre made costume with some additions I'm making.
No, not lame or uncrafty at all. That's the cool thing; imagination differs from person to person and that's great. Keep those awesome ideas coming!

I just bought a costume. I saw a good price online. Im going to be Sally in a dress like this one
[GALLERY=]
5c2ce253482c2cf0b4c40dbcf1d47d43.jpg
[/GALLERY]

and I want to do my makeup like this picture I saw online
[GALLERY=]
sally_skellington_by_littlemissmint-d2yb8rh.jpg
[/GALLERY]

And I already have the blue lashes and blue shimmering eye shadow because I dressed up as the Tardis Last year (from Dr. Who) and I used them to set off the tardis blue look. Im not sure if I'll wear the yarn wig though since wigs are hot and itchy to me so I might just use the red hair spray.

It will go perfectly with this trip, which is for 2 "holidays" in one. My birthday and halloween. and Im getting a NMBC cake at BB on this trip. Yea Im excited

Dalmatian- ME
Escaped Convict- Hubs friend
Skunk aka flower- hubs
TBD- My friend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter