McSparklesons Bring Their OWN Fireworks... the WHOLE Family!

Your list looks yummy and it is making me very hungry. You are missing my favorite WDW restaurant though - LeCellier. I love the Cheddar Cheese soup and the Mushroom Filet.

I think we were going for something a little different. We've been to LC and love it - but I guess you can get a good steak in most cities, so we're trying to go with places more unique to WDW.

Wow, a 20% discount on rita's too? I want one too! :thumbsup2

You will love WCC! I swear the servers feed off the energy of the table. The snarkier you are, the crazier they get! Order a milkshake, and "volunteer" someone else for the Pony Express race. You'll have a blast! :laughing:

You can get 20% off alcohol in restaurants, but not at kiosks. So if you go INTO Rose and Crown and order from the bar, you get the discount, but if you order from the stand outside, no discount......

WCC is fun! When we were there in 2008, my BIL did not have a fork in his place setting. He asked for one and here is what they brought him.....

2008_05060155-1.jpg

The fork is FUNNY! I never saw that before!

I hope you love Ohana's- the dessert is TDF! :worship: The sides are really good, too- and the entertainment is alot of fun.

Can't you fit in Biergarten on Day 2 or 3?

And I am FLOORED that you have never been to 50's PT!!! :scared1: Really? Oh...THAT'S gonna be fun- here's some pixie dust for a FABULOUS server and table-pixiedust:

I hope you love Ohana's- the dessert is TDF! :worship: The sides are really good, too- and the entertainment is alot of fun.

And I am FLOORED that you have never been to 50's PT!!! :scared1: Really? Oh...THAT'S gonna be fun- here's some pixie dust for a FABULOUS server and table-pixiedust:

I agree the bread pudding at Ohana's is great - if you have any room for it.

Have you done Hoop Dee Doo? We have done it twice and love it. Shawn got to go up on stage last time.

I think we were going for something a little different. We've been to LC and love it - but I guess you can get a good steak in most cities, so we're trying to go with places more unique to WDW.

I keep telling myself that I need to try new places when we go and I keep going to the ones we love. There are so many good places.

Awesome. This year have someone ask for ketchup!

I think that will be a good one for my dad...... :thumbsup2

Mom and Dad are flying in on Saturday, Dec 10th now but don't arrive til 4, which means 5-530 at the resort. So I think I'm going to cancel RR that night in case they are tired, and we might try to meet up with SHIP!!!!! I think that would be good so we don't have to go far, and can just relax around the BW that night.

I agree the bread pudding at Ohana's is great - if you have any room for it.

Have you done Hoop Dee Doo? We have done it twice and love it. Shawn got to go up on stage last time.

Is the bread pudding there as good as Ger's Bread and Butter PUdding at Raglan Road????

We did Hoop Dee Doo with Jeff's family in 2008. We considered that this year - my dad would LOVE it, but opted out. Not sure why now that you mention it.....

I keep telling myself that I need to try new places when we go and I keep going to the ones we love. There are so many good places.

There really are a lot of fun and yummy places. Jeff has never been interested in 50's PT even though it's the atmosphere there. That's why we are doing Sci Fi with our parents, I just know my dad will think it's so cool in there. So we are just doing lunch for sandwiches that day......

Is the bread pudding there as good as Ger's Bread and Butter PUdding at Raglan Road????

They are both great! We thought we liked the Raglan Road one better but we went to RR the day we got off the ship and it was not as good as we remembered. It may have been that we just had gotten off the ship and were a little bit depressed.

They are both great! We thought we liked the Raglan Road one better but we went to RR the day we got off the ship and it was not as good as we remembered. It may have been that we just had gotten off the ship and were a little bit depressed.

Uh, yeah.... I totally get that! :sad2:

96 DAYS!!!!! :cool1:

I think I'm going to make a couple of changes now that Mom and Dad are flying in a day early.

Do they really need to see DTD? I'm thinking NO. Mom is not a big shopper, and to get around DTD she'll need a wheelchair, so I just don't think it's a "must do" this trip. Whis is why......

I think I'm going to cancel our RR ADR for the first night. I LOVE RR (especially that Ger and her famous bread and butter pudding!!!!), but their flight gets in around 4, so they should be to the resort around 5-530, so I'm thinking we will just enjoy the BW that night. Plus, it's a Saturday, so there should be some fun entertainment outside that night.

So I'm thinking now of just eating at ESPN Club or Big River (and I can see my friend SHIP from our last DISmoms trip!!!!), or even venturing over to Beaches n Cream for burgers and ice cream.

Plus, this way we can all get a good night's sleep the first night before we hit it hard the next day!!!

But I still have not cancelled RR, that will be hard to do, so I'm going to hold that ADR until I am positive!!

And introducing...Ship? Cool! Hey! He could have helped Joan deliver her purse! He knows all about that stuff!

IMG_3731.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Poor Joan. :lmao: I would not be surprised if she bans you from taking her photo.

I love that photo, it is a great expression on her face and yes, she does look like she is delivering "something".

Tee Hee....she did mention something about me & my camera when I saw her the other night, but I didn't pay very close attention....:rolleyes1

Wow - you really did a spreadsheet for all your ADRs. Cool! And you figured out you saved $400 over the dining plan - interesting. Perhaps I need to do that. We are doing a couple signatures in December so I thought I would get the DXDP for two days and spread it over three, but I guess I could get a TIW instead. I guess I should really see how it all shakes out. And God knows I already have enough mugs from my last trip (ended up with three), so I really don't need anymore! Yes - I am one of THOSE people who use their mug until they change the design. :rolleyes1 My bad!

Poor Joan. :lmao: I would not be surprised if she bans you from taking her photo.
Seriously considering it!!!
I love that photo, it is a great expression on her face and yes, she does look like she is delivering "something".

Glad someone likes that photo...such a lady I am NOT!!!

And introducing...Ship? Cool! Hey! He could have helped Joan deliver her purse! He knows all about that stuff!

:rotfl2:Good old Ship, multi-talented Army nurse, bouncer, barkeep, etc, etc. Wonder if he also takes incriminating photos of his dear friends??? :rolleyes1

IMG_3731.jpg

OMG that is hilarious!!! :lmao:

Tee Hee....she did mention something about me & my camera when I saw her the other night, but I didn't pay very close attention....:rolleyes1

Did you take a pic of her when she said that? :rolleyes1

Wow - you really did a spreadsheet for all your ADRs. Cool! And you figured out you saved $400 over the dining plan - interesting. Perhaps I need to do that. We are doing a couple signatures in December so I thought I would get the DXDP for two days and spread it over three, but I guess I could get a TIW instead. I guess I should really see how it all shakes out. And God knows I already have enough mugs from my last trip (ended up with three), so I really don't need anymore! Yes - I am one of THOSE people who use their mug until they change the design. :rolleyes1 My bad!

If you only work to get the most bang for your DDP buck, it works out, but we like appys over desserts, and mostly drinks over appys OR desserts so TIW works out much better for us....... If I'm not mistaken, the DISmoms spent $1300 over 4 days on food and drinks. When you deduct 20% it's over $250 and the TIW card is $75? So when you look at it that way.......

:rotfl2:Good old Ship, multi-talented Army nurse, bouncer, barkeep, etc, etc. Wonder if he also takes incriminating photos of his dear friends??? :rolleyes1

Wonder if he'll remember me? Maybe if I try to break into some super secret door off the BW? :rotfl2:

goodness im late to the part again.. you know I take that sterotype of mine seriously... but never the less im here!

This is going to be so fun for your whole clan! Im so excite for you all! All the places sound yummy! I think 50's dinner is one of my favs cuz they made E laugh and smile the most (its hard to make a marine do that you know) and Hoop Dee Doo is my 2nd cuz the food was yummy bit beers oh ya and a cute show.

Oh who was asking about Atlantis... Yes if you book through Comfort Inns on nassau, the price is about 1/2 of what it is to book thru the cruiseline, and the Atlantis resort it self. Its quick and easy too, you just cab it from the port, to Comfort inn, check in they give you wrist bands so you can frequest both their resort and the Atlantis, then walk a block to the Atlantis. get another set of wrist bands at the Atlantis and bam your in. You can either store your stuff at the hotel or we didnt want to waste time going back and forth so we just grabbed a locker and then headed for the slides. In my opinion its something you do once. Ya say youve done it get the pics and a post card then next time.. pass. but thats just me

I love how your plans are coming together, Kara! So cool you were able to rent enough points.:thumbsup2 Your ADRs look great. I love Sci-Fi - it is just so strange and retro. I'm excited for you to try Ohana, too - especially a certain lucious pineapple! The time will go by fast now - especially with school starting!:woohoo:

The sister has arrived!!!! Let me start by saying, I am not the witty writer my sister is, but I am just as disturbed!!!

Yes, my family too, loves the Mouse!!! We have been to WDW 3 times - 2004, 2007 and 2010. It is myself, Kami, 39, DH Todd, 40, DD Emma, 13 and DS Spencer, 11.

Disneyworld2004059-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DS had a little trouble standing still so the twins had to help him out - 2004

Disneyworld2007016-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Being goofy with Goofy in 2007

Image0096-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Gloomy times with Eeyore in 2010

Homer-strangling-Bart.jpg

Family vacation - 2011 :rotfl2:

Actually I am very excited about this trip!!! My DH, not as much. He has a few hesitations. The biggest being DDP vs TIW. I am a little skeptical as well, but KJ and I did our spreadsheets, and on paper, it will be a savings of at least $400. It is nice to pay and not think about it again, but hey - $400 is $400!!!

And what I keep reminding him is, we don't have to stay together for a whole week!!! :scared1: We have our ADR's, but other than that, nothing is set in stone!!! We are actually staying in MK our last day as the rest of the fam heads off to other parts of the World.

We are arriving on Saturday and plan to get most of the day in the park. Not sure when KJ is getting there, but my parents probably about 5:30ish. It would be nice to meet them at BW and spend the evening checking out the resort. DH doesn't want to "plan" anything in case we are having a nice day in the parks, but I don't want to miss anything on the Boardwalk either!!! ( I have always wanted to see someone eat fire!!!!)

We are big time park people - resorts are a room and shower!
2004 - ASM (Loved it!!!!)
2007 - Pop Century (Was nice, probably wouldn't do again)
2010 - AKL - (Very bad experience!!!)

I was very surprised, like KJ, that the folks picked BW, but looking forward to a new experience!

Now the biggest difference with my sister and I - FOOD!!! She is all about the restaurants and trying new things. Me - Give me a burger and let me get back to the rides and shows!!!! So we have both had to give in here and there. We are buffet people, and as she has mentioned, they are not! I am pretty happy with the meals we have planned, although I need to see if we can get into CP at MK on our last day. I love the Pooh characters. And once again - buffet!

So I am ready! I have the boxing gloves, band aids, and video camera to record it all!!!!!

So nice of you to join the party.....:rolleyes1

Mom and Dad booked their flight!!!! :banana: They are flying nonstop from their local little airport (Akron/Canton) and getting in around 4pm. I expect them to get to BWV around 5 or 5:30.

Although, they will not be doing the OJ through MCO, I'm sure they will have to stop to tinkle...... then backtrack several times on the way to Magical Express..... then Mom will yell at Dad because he gets them lost. Dad will then yell at Mom telling her he knows what he's doing..... Then she will pout. Actually, she hums when she gets mad......

Ladies and Gentlemen, when the humming begins, you will know the McSparklesons are all together in WDW and the trip has begun!!!!! :rotfl2: It's just not a family gathering without a little humming.....

Anyone ever rented a wheelchair from an Orlando company? Despite two new knees, and a new hip, Mom just can't keep up so we will have a wheelchair with us most times. And NO, there will be no ECV. Been there, done that, witnessed the crashes........ :rolleyes1 I don't think there's enough insurance available to cover her driving an ECV again.

Let me just say, I rented one for our weekend in Charleston, SC, several years ago. She ran into a building....... I kid you not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter