McSparklesons Bring Their OWN Fireworks... the WHOLE Family!

What a brave girl you are Kara! Family trips sound like fun during the planning phase, but once the trip starts the tension emerges! LOL!

Had some drama on my trip with DIL, but all got straightened out!

I prefer your way of traveling, no buffets & some down time.:thumbsup2

Oh Mother of Wicket, I knew I could count on you to see it my way! :thumbsup2

It's funny, I was just talking to my mom today and she was commenting how different my sister and I are. And how different our husbands are.... and our kids... and our parenting styles, etc. I never really thought about it like that before, but she's right!

My dad and I are a lot alike, and my sister and my mom are alike. There is a very defined line drawn down the center of our family, and of course my dad and I are always right..... ;)

But the funny thing is that I actually resemble my mom!!!! Kami? I think she looks like the milkman...... :rolleyes1

Ahhhh, Cedar Point - I haven't been there in probably 20 years!

If you ever make it back this way and want to go, let me know! I have what you could call a "very close" connection to the place if KWIM, and might be able to help you out! :rolleyes1

I ordered T-shirts from jiffytees.com and got them in several weeks ago. Just got them all washed and dryed this weekend so I can hopefully start with the iron on designs soon!

Kami is still buying her family's and shipping to me, but I need to start NOW! Three different designs for 9 people = (move that number over, carry the two, subtract a couple.....) that's a LOT of shirts to make!!!! :lmao:

I'll post pics once I'm done!

Wow - good for you for making the group T-shirts! I can't wait to see them. I am so not talented in that way!

But the funny thing is that I actually resemble my mom!!!! Kami? I think she looks like the milkman...... :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

And what an attractive milkman!!!!

I am looking at shirts now! But I am very glad KJ is making them. I have done the shirts before, but I only had one set that turned out decent enough to wear more than one time!!!!! I wash them first, iron them.... It's OK. KJ and dad can be right. Mom and I will enjoy sitting back with our glasses of milk while they do the work!! :woohoo:

Hi Kami! So glad you are here reporting, too! The parks will never be the same with the McSparklesons and the Wittiers there all together! Hopefully not in their "all together" :rotfl2:

WOW!!!! A nickname. The Wittiers!! I love it!!!! :banana:

It will be an interesting week!!!!

I'm here..I'm here....carry on...

:rotfl2:

I see you had no trouble getting started without me! :lmao:

I'm here..I'm here....carry on...

:rotfl2:

I see you had no trouble getting started without me! :lmao:

Well you see that it's been awhile since I've posted. It's just not a trippy without Jen!!!! :thumbsup2 Speaking of which, shouldn't you be updating yours?????

As usual I am a little late to the party, but now I am here. Kara, I am sure you will have a wonderful trip and I am slightly jealous. We have done two full family trips at Christmas, and despite a few glitches, we really had a great time. Unfortunately with the recent passing of my father we will never get the opportunity again.

Your dinner reservations look great. We love O'hana and can't wait to eart there in December. We arrive the Friday after you leave so unfortunately I cannot have a drink with everyone, but have a big sip for me.

Looking forward to hearing more!

As usual I am a little late to the party, but now I am here. Kara, I am sure you will have a wonderful trip and I am slightly jealous. We have done two full family trips at Christmas, and despite a few glitches, we really had a great time. Unfortunately with the recent passing of my father we will never get the opportunity again.

Your dinner reservations look great. We love O'hana and can't wait to eart there in December. We arrive the Friday after you leave so unfortunately I cannot have a drink with everyone, but have a big sip for me.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about you dad! I guess that really puts in all in perspective. Will this be your first trip back?

So sad we'll miss you! I love to meet fellow DISers!!!

Well, my dear ole husband now had to leave WDW for 2 days while we are there, fly home for a big sale he has at work (he's GM of an auto auction) and then fly back. Luckily we found a great rate, but he has to leave the resort about 4 or 5am and then he'll get back just in time for dinner the next night.

But he will miss O'hana!!!!! I need to look at ADRs today and see if I can rearrange a little bit. I booked that one because I know he'll love it and we've never been before.

I guess I can't complain too much though, after all, that job is what allows us our vacations, right? And besides, at least it isn't ME that has to leave! :rotfl2:

I got all my family's shirts washed and ready for transfer, and Kami's arrived yesterday straight from JiffyT's. I will get them washed today and then hopefully start the transfers next week. I absolutely DREAD making t-shirts. I always buy one extra in each size "just in case." Makes me a nervous wreck!!!!

Well, my dear ole husband now had to leave WDW for 2 days while we are there, fly home for a big sale he has at work (he's GM of an auto auction) and then fly back. Luckily we found a great rate, but he has to leave the resort about 4 or 5am and then he'll get back just in time for dinner the next night.

But he will miss O'hana!!!!! I need to look at ADRs today and see if I can rearrange a little bit. I booked that one because I know he'll love it and we've never been before.

I guess I can't complain too much though, after all, that job is what allows us our vacations, right? And besides, at least it isn't ME that has to leave! :rotfl2:

I got all my family's shirts washed and ready for transfer, and Kami's arrived yesterday straight from JiffyT's. I will get them washed today and then hopefully start the transfers next week. I absolutely DREAD making t-shirts. I always buy one extra in each size "just in case." Makes me a nervous wreck!!!!

Too bad Jeff has to miss a couple of days. It's nice he can come back though. I'm sure your shirts will turn out great!:thumbsup2

oh well that sucks.. but im with ya better him than you LMAO

xcant wait to see how the shirts come out!

I came over from your cruise TR and I'm all caught up here!

I haven't ever allowed myself to make shirts yet. I am certain I would completely screw them up! I'm always tempted though, there are so many cute designs. I look forward to seeing yours!

Too bad Jeff has to miss a couple of days. It's nice he can come back though. I'm sure your shirts will turn out great!:thumbsup2

It totally sucks! But it will probably be a good break for him to get away from my family for a bit.... I'm thinking Ally and I will need a break too! :lmao:

xcant wait to see how the shirts come out!

Jeff is out of town one night this week so maybe Ally and I will work on them then..... Still waiting on Kami to send me a couple that she bought separately.

I came over from your cruise TR and I'm all caught up here!

I haven't ever allowed myself to make shirts yet. I am certain I would completely screw them up! I'm always tempted though, there are so many cute designs. I look forward to seeing yours!

They are super easy! I've made them several times and it's all about constant pressure on the iron. I'll post pics once I get them done!

I'm sorry- that really, really stinks. :sad2:

It totally sucks! But it will probably be a good break for him to get away from my family for a bit.... I'm thinking Ally and I will need a break too! :lmao:

Maybe you and Ally will have to accidentally get the plans mixed up one morning! :rotfl:

The shirts are.... ALMOST done! Still have to do Todd's when I head to Grandma and Grandpa's for Thanksgiving - Kami is giving me his shirts then. But I have everyone else's done! I still have to wash a few, but aside from that.....

Well, there is one more SURPRISE shirt for everyone!!!! Only Ally and I know about it....

This one is black for my family, green for Kami's and red for Grandma and Grandpa....

0e732de4.jpg

Front and back of one......

0f70c115.jpg

And the other one that I think we should wear on arrival day... let's make mom and dad wear it on the plane, sound good Kami?

d66b7a59.jpg

For the first time making shirts, I washed them AFTER I did the transfer (in addition to washing them before). I've had some bleed on me before so I think this will be better, even if they do fade just a bit......

AND, a wonderful arrival I got a few weeks ago. I wanted to get something special for Grandma and Grandpa BEFORE they went to WDW, so Ally and I met them in Minneapolis for my uncle's funeral back in July. I brought them a WDW survival package which included an over the door shoe holder, pop up hamper, travel size goodies, nightlight, hand sanitizer, rain ponchos, a Vera Bradley hipster for Mom for the parks, and a couple of other goodies.

I spent a week talking to the manager of the Boardwalk merchandising trying to secure something else that can only be bought AT the resorts..... But finally, a package arrived.....

ae132cb5.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

Ta da!!!! Resort refillable mugs! And to think I was just there in May and FORGOT to get them! So I ordered 2 for Grandma and Grandpa and 2 for Jeff and me. Now if I can just get everyone to remember them when we go!

I think when we head up for Thanksgiving, I will get some of Grandma and Grandpa's things and bring them back with me and then take them to Disney for them. After all, we are driving and they are flying, no sense in packing all that stuff and possibly going over weight on bags when we can easily take it in our van.......

We are now...... 27 days from Disney!!!! And for the record, YES, the packing has begun!!!!

I know Ally doesn't want me to let Aunt Kami know, but I'm surprising everyone with another shirt..... so Kami, don't tell anyone else!!!

Here's the design.....

FamilyOrnamentsTrippFamily.jpg

And I ordered shirts the color of the individual ornaments. So mine will be lime green (interesting as a DISer, huh?), Kami's is a deep purple, etc.....

Ally just loved this design, so we picked out all the shirts last night and they should be here tomorrow. Heading to Office Max to get more transfers tonight.....

Can't really pack until after Thanksgiving because I need the luggage! Plus, just don't know about that crazy Florida weather until just a few days before......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter