MCO / Port canaveral rental cars

I just rented a convertible from Dollar for 94$ for about the same amount if time... Check there prices

Thanks for the code. I just found one on retailmenot that brought the price down from $72.99 to $40.00, so I used that for both days. Sorry for the thread!

I just used a couple codes from retailmenot but the codes I tried were not very good... Which code did you use?

I actually found the opposite to be true. We also used Budget and we found a decent price for a 2 day rental from Orlando to PC. However, our 3 hour rental from PC back to Orlando was outrageous (and was more than the 2day rental!!) I tried every coupon code I could find and nothing worked!

I don't have any tips for saving, my DH travels a lot so usually has free rental car days. I would love some information though. Is there a place to drop off rental cars at the port? I've tried looking, and can't seem to find anything. We have taken the bus in the past, which is convenient, but much more expensive, and I'd actually like to go spend the night near the beach before we leave this time, instead of staying in Orlando. If there is a car drop off, does anyone know what companies (Avis, National, etc.) are there? Thanks!!

Y937800

That worked for me!

Got a BMW 528 one way(24 hours) to MCO for $50!:drive:

Everyone else was picking up there compacts for $42?:moped:

So I came across something weird with my carseat situation I posted about yesterday. When I was trying to book yesterday I was on the app and it was charging me for 2 days car seat rental for under a 24 hour period ($26). Today I tried looking it up on the computer and I was able to get the carseat charge for only one day ($13) even though I was using the EXACT same dates, times, car type, etc. how weird is that? But I booked and got $84 total to port and $61 total to Mco. I'll take it.

Morale of the story - don't book on the app if you need a carseat!

This is my plan too for transportation from and back to MCO.
And also one of 2 last steps left to plan. I'm going to jump online and see if I can snag a deal!
Thanks for the codes!

Anyone have a suggestion for where to stay the night before our cruise? Orlando or port canaveral ? Any specific hotel?

Thanks!

I booked a rental car from Budget for November 2013 from MCO to Port Canaveral and it was $60.26 and from Port Canaveral to MCO I got it for $46. I will continue to check the rates as the months go on, but I was happy with this. Hoping for better, but not totally awful for a full-size vehicle.

chelseadawn22 said:
This is my plan too for transportation from and back to MCO.
And also one of 2 last steps left to plan. I'm going to jump online and see if I can snag a deal!
Thanks for the codes!

Anyone have a suggestion for where to stay the night before our cruise? Orlando or port canaveral ? Any specific hotel?

Thanks!

We're staying at the holiday inn express at cape canaveral only because I have enough priority club points for a free room. I can't speak specifically about this location but in general I really like the holiday inn express chains. They have awesome complimentary breakfasts, great shower heads and I have had luck with clean rooms. This locations claims to be walking distance from the beach. We'll see how that goes with a 3 year old but we have the rental car to fall back on, right?!

I just used the U240720 code and booked a Ford Escape for $62.60 from MCO and then got the same vehicle for $49.18 from PC to MCO for our October cruise.

What the heck?!? With Budget, the cheapest I could get was $113 for a minivan from PC to MCO! We had it less than 2 hours!! I seriously tried every coupon code online I could find and nothing worked! Where was this thread six weeks ago?! Congrats to all getting great deals!

If you have AAA--book through their website for the cheapest fares. Also, AAA gives a free carseat through Hertz. Saves a ton of $$! Alternately bring your carseat/booster seat and check them curbside. They don't count against your carry-on or checked baggage.

Also try a site like www.kayak.com. Unfortunately any one-way rental will tack on about $30 each way just for the privilege of being one-way, ugh.

Anybody ever have the car a full 24 hrs. ? Where do you drop off the car at the Port and pick up at the Port

I'm also wondering this. From Google Maps, it looks like Budget is 4 miles from the Disney terminal. Do they shuttle for free to the terminal?

Anybody ever have the car a full 24 hrs. ? Where do you drop off the car at the Port and pick up at the Port

All of the car rental places are on Astronaut Blvd (also called A1A or Atlantic Blvd depending on where you are). They range from 2 to about 5 miles away.

Hertz is the closest to the port and is in the parking lot of the Marriott Residence Inn. Budget is about a mile or so from there and so on.

The car rental places are:

Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Enterprise/Alamo and National.

This was posted on another board in this forum:

Enterprise/Alamo/National are all the same company. However, their rentals are handled differently.

Top of the heap is National, which is the company's "business" brand. If you join National's Emerald Club, you can go straight out, pick your car, and check out at a booth on the way out.

Next best is Alamo, which is the company's "leisure" (vacation) brand. You can use a kiosk in the terminal (super easy, no line) to check in, and then go get a car in the garage. Or you can join the frequent rental program and (in Orlando, at least) go straight to the garage, pick your car and check out at the booth.

Enterprise is mainly for insurance rentals (when your car is in the shop) and low-end leisure rentals. I personally have had bad experiences with that brand -- dirty, dented cars, etc.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter