MCO / Port canaveral rental cars

Got great rates for 2 one way rentals, but I have two questions. Will they takes us to the port when we drop off the car and how do we get there to pick up the car after the cruise?

The rental agency has a shuttle that will take you to the port.

This is not incorrect information for that date. I recalled Alamo yesterday and again was given the information that the only way I could rent a car from them on February 14th was to have it be a multiple day. After going round and round with them the representative told me that if I wanted to return the car 'early' the next day, they couldn't guarantee my quoted rate. After calling the physical car agency where I would pick the car up, they shared that they did have 1 15 person van they could rent me for the day for 600.00 dollars. ( double the amount they quoted for 9 days with a large car).

In the end I went with Budget and found the one day rental I was looking for for a decent price. But the Alamo/ National situation is true. Even the employee thought it strange and gave me the email of her manger. Her quote was that something must be happening that weekend for her company to block 1 day/ 1 way rentals.

Alamo & National allowed me to do a 1 way rental..

ConvertibleEdit
Chrysler 200 (or similar)
1 Day(s) @259.23 $259.23
Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day $ 2.50
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (10.0%) $ 25.99
Tire/battery Fee .02/day $ 0.02
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $ 2.00
Vehicle License Fee .71/day $ 0.71
Sales Tax (6.5%) $ 18.88
Unlimited mileage
Included
Estimated Total
$309 33
Pick-up LocationEdit
Orlando Intl Arpt
Orlando, FL 32827 US
Return LocationEdit
Cape Canaveral_alamo
Cpe Canaveral, FL 32920 US
DatesEdit
Fri, Feb 14, 2014 12:00 PM
Sat, Feb 15, 2014 12:00 PM

Convertible
2-Door/Automatic/Air

Chrysler 200
or similar
Pickup:
Orlando Intl Arpt (MCOT01)
Friday, February 14, 2014
12:00 PM
Dropoff:
Cape Canaveral_national (MLBN01)
Saturday, February 15, 2014

Estimated Total = $310.23 USD

I played around with all the options, but in the end, EZ Rental had the best deal. I decided to go ahead and get a Caravan style minivan because even though there are 7 of us in our group, my parents will be meeting up with their Dodge van and only have 4 people so I think we can either send a few to port with them or at least some of the luggage.

So I played around with the discount codes posted for one way rentals, and it did help, but because we need the care for Fri-Mon morn to PC and then Fri morn to Sun morn MCO, it ended up being about $580. Instead, I did a 10 day rental for the entire time which I got signing up for their email and rewards system (5% off) and then liking on FB (which isn't shared with anyone) 3% so all in total, I got the van for the entire 11 days for $332 which includes all the fees, and everything tax etc. I only had to made a reservation, didn't have to put any money down. At least they should have a van waiting for us, and this company is INSIDE the terminal (which we want for when we land.)

The only obvious downside being that I have to stow the car at the cruise parking for 4 days. However, there are some advantages. We won't have to wait for all the rental car info AND we can leave our extra items in the vehicle (we have two land weekends so actually that will help a bit) and it only costs $8 a day, or about $45 total. Not perfect, but better than $500 for two halves of the trip. The advantage too is that once the parking shuttle comes, we can skidattle. We have used this parking group twice with great results and they run every 15 min. We should be on our way early to the parks on Fri, what what!

Chase away the post cruise blues with more parks!

So does anyone else think a minivan for Fri-fri through Sunday for $332 all said and done is a good deal? I've never rented a car before but at least its a van for $30 a day.

For some reason, I find it comforting to know that our same van will be ready and waiting to take us back to the fun, instead of going through the process to get a one way rental. I did try it both ways though...

Alamo & National allowed me to do a 1 way rental..

ConvertibleEdit
Chrysler 200 (or similar)
1 Day(s) @259.23 $259.23
Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day $ 2.50
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (10.0%) $ 25.99
Tire/battery Fee .02/day $ 0.02
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $ 2.00
Vehicle License Fee .71/day $ 0.71
Sales Tax (6.5%) $ 18.88
Unlimited mileage
Included
Estimated Total
$309 33
Pick-up LocationEdit
Orlando Intl Arpt
Orlando, FL 32827 US
Return LocationEdit
Cape Canaveral_alamo
Cpe Canaveral, FL 32920 US
DatesEdit
Fri, Feb 14, 2014 12:00 PM
Sat, Feb 15, 2014 12:00 PM

Convertible
2-Door/Automatic/Air

Chrysler 200
or similar
Pickup:
Orlando Intl Arpt (MCOT01)
Friday, February 14, 2014
Dropoff:
Cape Canaveral_national (MLBN01)
Saturday, February 15, 2014

Estimated Total = $310.23 USD

I think I found the difference. I want to pick up from the Disney World Car Care Center. I don't want to pick the car up from the airport since I won't need a car the first two days of my trip.
From the DW onsite Alamo center, it can not be done on Feb. 14th. If it can, I have a great discrimination lawsuit since they keep denying me the possibility.

I think I found the difference. I want to pick up from the Disney World Car Care Center. I don't want to pick the car up from the airport since I won't need a car the first two days of my trip.
From the DW onsite Alamo center, it can not be done on Feb. 14th. If it can, I have a great discrimination lawsuit since they keep denying me the possibility.

Are you saying they discriminated against you because of race, color, religion ?????

TwinPrincessMermaid, I have been renting cars at MCO once a year for a week at spring break time the past 7 years and I think you got a good deal with your 10 day rental. We've been paying that for an 8 day mid size. You might be traveling at a slower time, but you are getting a lager vehicle. Never hurts to keep an eye out as time goes on, but I'd be happy with your price if nothing better comes along.

Thanks! I'm pinching pennies trying to save our group money. If I can get it cheaper, I definitely well. But at least I got it for now!

MASON 3 --- I just used your code and saved $100 on my rental for a one-way rental from Pt Canaveral to Orlando for a two day rental for a mini-van. I cant believe this...thank you sooo much !!!!:love:

I work for Avis/Budget.....

Just an FYI the wait can be pretty long waiting for the shuttle van, even for employees : )

Dude. We have a party if 7 too. How are you going to get all the luggage and 7 people to port in a minivan? Im actually considering one of those 12 passenger vans just so we have room for our stuff??

Just be forewarned that we have rented 12/13 passenger vans in the past for a group of about 8 people and it was fine. But, this past May we did a oneway rental of a 13 pax van but they changed the seats and now the seats all have headrests with no clearance on top to slide the bags over the tops of the seats. the old models we could easily slide the luggage over the tops of the seats to a row to store the luggage (no room in the back of the van). This trip we had 7 people and it was a horror trying to fit all the luggage in the 13 passenger van. We even asked if we could take out the back seat of the van to fit luggage and they said no. With the new seats with headrests it may not be worth getting the 12/13 pax van. We had to fit the luggage in the row where the side door opened but didn't even give us enough room. These new model vans seem to be for passengers only. The back of the back seat was right up against the back door with no room for luggage.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter