May the Force be with who? A May 2013 PTR

That's good news Janet.

They always say the price is subject to change until you are paid in full. If adding that extra day isn't too bad, it's a bonus!

Sitting watching Annie in an empty house.

DH took off with his family to watch the Yankees v Tigers game today and the kids stayed with my parents. I sat watching sappy chick flicks with a dear friend of mine last night then I oogled at the "rope drop" for a local donut shop.

She lives across the street from the most popular shop in town (I don't know how she's not 500lbs...) and I was FLOORED to see the sight. We started hearing car doors slam and car alarms being set about 12:40a. Just after 1, I peeked through the blinds and saw the line out the door and across the parking lot! I couldn't believe it!

Then I realized I do the same thing at the parks.

Only that was missing was the opening show! :rotfl2:

That's good news Janet.

They always say the price is subject to change until you are paid in full. If adding that extra day isn't too bad, it's a bonus!

I know they say that. But even last year I changed trip dates and tickets bought after the price hike, but before I was paid in full, and didn't suffer the price increase.

Sitting watching Annie in an empty house.

DH took off with his family to watch the Yankees v Tigers game today and the kids stayed with my parents. I sat watching sappy chick flicks with a dear friend of mine last night then I oogled at the "rope drop" for a local donut shop.

She lives across the street from the most popular shop in town (I don't know how she's not 500lbs...) and I was FLOORED to see the sight. We started hearing car doors slam and car alarms being set about 12:40a. Just after 1, I peeked through the blinds and saw the line out the door and across the parking lot! I couldn't believe it!

Then I realized I do the same thing at the parks.

Only that was missing was the opening show! :rotfl2:

LOL! That's me too!

Those must be some mean donuts though......

Those must be some mean donuts though......
They're better than Krispie Kreme when the light's on. ::yes::

I stocked up on my favorite lemon donuts. They're yeast donuts that are filled with lemon pie filling then top with lemon icing. My second favorite are their strawberry cake.

I suffered when I was at college because no where else I tried could compare.

Hey annmarieda!

After hanging out on a bunch of those threads anticipating the price increase....... I think I'm fully convinced that package ticket prices did NOT change for 2012. They set thse for Jan to Jan when the package prices are released. Soooo....... even if you want to add a day back on....... or make some sort of other change.......... I THINK you can still do that up until you are paid in full.

Of course, I didn't put THAT info together until after I called my friend and got her to call and add her days and be on hold for over an hour......... :faint:

Glad you got your plans worked out and that you're doing BBB!

I think everyone was on the phone trying to get things taken care of before the price increase. I even had the cm agree with me and not deny that the tickets were going up the next day.

Its is good to know that it probably wouldn't change the cost of my package that much to add the day (well, of course the cost of the xtra night does... but...)

Paid in full.sucks that you lost a day.

I have mixed feeling about it. We really will be happy with the 9 nights and don't need 10... with everything we are planning to do, that extra night is was just too much of an "extra" cost. Course... I could look for a room only discount... and do a split :scratchin :idea: With the package we are doing 9 day tickets... so I wouldn't need to get tickets. I already had our meals planned out for the day...so that maybe the way to go. Ohhh it is late and I am thinking through my plans on YOUR PTR... :rotfl2:

They're better than Krispie Kreme when the light's on. ::yes::

I stocked up on my favorite lemon donuts. They're yeast donuts that are filled with lemon pie filling then top with lemon icing. My second favorite are their strawberry cake.

I suffered when I was at college because no where else I tried could compare.

You are making me very hungry for doughnuts!!

Sorry for my extended absence. Life has been absolutely bonkers around here.

The paper has been sending me out 3-4 times per week for the last 3 weeks and we've had family in town because DH's grandmother has been in ill health. She took a good turn and the out of town family members went back home. DH was having to work overtime to prepare for the yearly shut down week at the factory and I was dumb enough to put DS into basketball camp and hold a garage sale. Well, grandma passed this afternoon and the whirlwind has started all over again.

Sorry for my extended absence. Life has been absolutely bonkers around here.

The paper has been sending me out 3-4 times per week for the last 3 weeks and we've had family in town because DH's grandmother has been in ill health. She took a good turn and the out of town family members went back home. DH was having to work overtime to prepare for the yearly shut down week at the factory and I was dumb enough to put DS into basketball camp and hold a garage sale. Well, grandma passed this afternoon and the whirlwind has started all over again.

:hug: I am so sorry to hear of you loss. It is so rough when they seem to turn a corner only to pass. I know my grandmother did that very thing...it was hard because everyone prepared for the worst... rejoiced when she seemed fine and then were totally shocked when she peacefully when in her sleep.

I hope you remember to take care of you in all that craziness that is your life right now. :hug:

Sorry for you loss Kwitch. I wish you and all the family peace in this time of sorrow.

:hug:

I'm so sorry girl... I work today till 5, cal if you need me later tonight. I'll try an call on my way to work to check in on you

Sorry for the delayed resonse. I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. :hug:

Thanks for all of the love, ladies.

It's been a crazy, emotional week. I can't wait for it to all be over so I can get back into planning mode!

I'm spent. Family is draining! :rotfl2:

On the flip side, I've got a job interview tomorrow!!! There is a secretary position open at a school that's not DS's but it would double my income for the year and I'd only have to work 25 extra days a year.

So sorry Jenn. But at least you have some fun planning to divert you! :hug:

This trip is going to cost us a good amount. We're actually planning to increase our trip budget by 50% from our last family trip in 2010. Understandably part of that will go towards actually having to pay for DD this time.

I've been running conservative numbers are here is what I'm looking at:
Boardwalk Villas, 7 nights Studio, sleeps 4 (412 sq. ft.)
Regular Dining plan, 7 nights
7 day Base Ticket 2AD, 2CH

If I go what I did this year from the paper, I can pay for the whole trip minus $700, not including airfare. That doesn't count my school income. I kind of wish I would have 4-H fairs to put me over the top, but I can deal with that. DH is planning to save some and kick in some out of his pay this time around too.

Now, there is a considerable amount of wiggle room with our total expense.

There is the possibility that I won't have to pay $13/point for the resort. There is a possibility that I'll be able to get DS into one of the YES programs and get he and I discounted entrance to the parks (to which I would add hopper from the savings).
There is a possibility that I'll find a new job and this won't matter at all...

Only time will tell.

Forgive me if you mentioned it already... but is there a reason you are planning on renting DVC rather than hoping for a room discount..fd...etc at just like BW? Maybe that would cut your budget a bit?

Forgive me if you mentioned it already... but is there a reason you are planning on renting DVC rather than hoping for a room discount..fd...etc at just like BW? Maybe that would cut your budget a bit?
I have a friend who owns RCI vacation club. Well, it's actually blue/green, but RCI exchangeable. Which means it's DVC exchangeable.

She has offered us points in the past and from talking to her today, will be the way to go. She has more than they can use for next year and in the future since her son is no longer a CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter