May 5th 2007 Western Magic CINCO DIS MAYO!

It sounds like by the time we are ready to sail Cozumel should be fine, but you never know what kind of weather they will have this year! I watched you sail thru the Panama Canal on the live web cams last year. That was so exciting!

So welcome to the thread and I'm sure lots of others will be joining in later!

Debbie

Debbie - we might book a night near the port for the night we get off the ship - we have family in the area. We stayed at the Radisson last time, but would love to try Ron Jon's this time.

Kimberly - Welcome! I have a DD who will be 9 In August (and another DD who will be 5 in July). I'm sure she would love to have a pen pal - but we aren't going to tell them until Christmas. So maybe after that? :goodvibes

Welcome Kimberly! The more Kimberly's the merrier. :cool1:

Unfortunately I don't have a child your DD's age, but my DS will be just a bit older than your niece. I'm not sure I'f he'll be able to go to the kids club or not (we'll see how the PT goes) but maybe they can play in Mickey's ear together. My DS loves playing with other kids.

LostGirls, that would be great, just let me know after you tell your daughter this Christmas and we will switch addresses.
Kimberly, I will let my BIL know about your son. It's nice to have someone to keep them occupied!
Okay, I feel really stupid for starting that other post. Does anyone know how to delete it? What can I say after a 2 hour ride home from work :confused3 Sorry!
It would be nice to know a little about everyone, if you don't mind! I'll start off...You already know our names and ages. We live in Lehigh Acres, Florida (Ft. Myers). I work in Naples (a 2 hour drive in season) as a Dental Assistant. Carl works for himself doing Hurricane Shutters. We decided to build a new home though in Live Oak, Florida (about 1 hour south of Valdosta, Ga.) and we are waiting for them to finish it. It is just to busy here for us now, and the drive is getting old every day. It will be nice to be in a slower area. Our daughter, Kaylin, is in the 2nd grade and is into Kart racing on the weekends. She actually does pretty good and even though she is still learning, she has a goal to beat those boys :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: My stepson, Carl lives in Pa and this will be his first cruise ever! Well, I can't wait to hear about everyone and meet you all on the cruise...a whole year away :sad2:

Kimberly

The Kirks said:
LostGirls, that would be great, just let me know after you tell your daughter this Christmas and we will switch addresses.
Kimberly, I will let my BIL know about your son. It's nice to have someone to keep them occupied!
Okay, I feel really stupid for starting that other post. Does anyone know how to delete it? What can I say after a 2 hour ride home from work :confused3 Sorry!
It would be nice to know a little about everyone, if you don't mind! I'll start off...You already know our names and ages. We live in Lehigh Acres, Florida (Ft. Myers). I work in Naples (a 2 hour drive in season) as a Dental Assistant. Carl works for himself doing Hurricane Shutters. We decided to build a new home though in Live Oak, Florida (about 1 hour south of Valdosta, Ga.) and we are waiting for them to finish it. It is just to busy here for us now, and the drive is getting old every day. It will be nice to be in a slower area. Our daughter, Kaylin, is in the 2nd grade and is into Kart racing on the weekends. She actually does pretty good and even though she is still learning, she has a goal to beat those boys :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: My stepson, Carl lives in Pa and this will be his first cruise ever! Well, I can't wait to hear about everyone and meet you all on the cruise...a whole year away :sad2:

Kimberly

Kimberly: Don't worry about the other post. You can edit it to say please disregard and/or place a link to this thread.

Hmmm, about us... We live in the northern suburbs of Detroit, Michigan where it is winter more months of the year than I care to count. :cold: The weather isn't ideal, but this is where we grew up and where our families are so this is where we intend to remain. We are in are early 30's and for now have just our DS (Devin, who will be 2 in June). This will be his first cruise too. He attends a daycare academy 4 days a week and my parents watch him one day a week. We are taking him and our 12 yr old niece for a short trip to WDW for his 2nd birthday. Well actually, we are going the weekend before his second birthday so that he can still have a party with his grandparents, aunts, uncles and DH cousins' kids. With the exception of Pooh and friends pooh: :eeyore: :tigger: , he's really more into Sesame Street than Disney so I'm hoping to acclimate him to the characters and hoping that he will like them.

I'm a lawyer, presently working long hours at a small firm doing business and property litigation. DH is a CPA and works full time for a publicly traded REIT that owns shopping malls across the country. He LOVES baseball and spends a lot of time on his blog and writing for other baseball websites. Recently he was a contributing author for a baseball book that was published. Devin is "all boy", very active and recently started swim lessons though he missed a few because of a recent bit of strep throat which he passed on to me. :sick:

Its been hard for us to take a real vacation. DH can't get away during tax season and quarter ends. I have a hard time clearing my schedule and taking time off generally is more stressful than its worth which is why we mostly do a lot of long weekend trips. So I'm very excited about our upcoming cruise. We haven't cruised since our Med cruise in the fall of 2002 - less than a year later we conceived DS. We would like to try for another child shortly after this cruise, so its unlikely we'll be cruising again for a few years. :(

Its weird for me because ordinarily this would be the time when I'd be obsessing over which excursions to plan, but given DS's age, we aren't planning anything and are going to go with the flow. Unless he's old enough for the CC stingrays, in which case I may sign up for that.

Does anyone know how far in advance the hotels by the port need to be booked? I know we'll fly in the day before and rent a car but I haven't started to think about where to stay pre-cruise yet.

I am not sure about the hotels because we live close enough to drive over. I learned that we usually have more fun not booking the excursions anyway. We usually hang out fairly close and do the shopping thing. Your son will have a blast. Kaylin usually picks a princess dress every year and wears it for formal night. I hope she does'nt think she is to old for that next year :hippie:
Kimberly (K) :thumbsup2

Kimberly....I put a link on your other post to this thread.

You know, DCL still doesn't (as of a few days ago) have this sail date listed since they added it on at the last minute. Maybe we will have an empty ship.

pppiglet said:
You know, DCL still doesn't (as of a few days ago) have this sail date listed since they added it on at the last minute. Maybe we will have an empty ship.

That works for me. We'll all have no problems getting a chair by the pool :woohoo:

I'd like to get by the pool this time. On the West Coast Cruise it was too cold to lay around the pool!

An empty ship would be great! Then I would'nt have to participate in the great hammock race at Catsaway Cay :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone.

pppiglet said:
I'd like to get by the pool this time. On the West Coast Cruise it was too cold to lay around the pool!

I'm thinking we won't have any chilly issues on our cruise. In fact I'm guessing we'll be HOT HOT HOT!

Of course, to me anything above 82 degrees is HOT HOT HOT! I prefer 72 degrees. 62 degrees is shorts weather to my DH. 52 degrees, its still nice out.

It is currently 74 degrees here and no snow since last week :sunny: :woohoo: BUT the temp will drop 20 degrees by the end of the weekend. :sad2: We don't blink because it will change and we will miss it. We have 2 seasons, winter and construction. :lmao:

Oh my....72 is cold to me. It's 90 outside right now (freak weather). It was 75 yesterday and tomorrow it's suppose to rain. (I don't think so, not a cloud in the sky!)

I love it when it's hot! I am sure we will have nice warm weather when it's time for our cruise. I have heard that it will be humid, which I don't really like!

I could not imagine living in the snow. I would die!

pppiglet said:
Oh my....72 is cold to me. It's 90 outside right now (freak weather). It was 75 yesterday and tomorrow it's suppose to rain. (I don't think so, not a cloud in the sky!)

I love it when it's hot! I am sure we will have nice warm weather when it's time for our cruise. I have heard that it will be humid, which I don't really like!

I could not imagine living in the snow. I would die!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: No worries! It should be in the 80's when we cruise. Now lets keep those fingers crossed for no rain. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

All the cruises we have been on have been in May and we have always had great weather. Maybe a little sprinkle here and there on the islands but otherwise great weather :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Oh, I could really use a vacation! Can't wait until next year!
Kimberly (K) ;)

I just looked at the DCL website and still no May cruise posted :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Heres hoping they forget! (doubtful, I know!)

Kimberly

Yeah...that would make online ressies easier to book for that date!

The Kirks said:
I just looked at the DCL website and still no May cruise posted :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Heres hoping they forget! (doubtful, I know!)

Kimberly

Wow, its been about 6 weeks since it opened up and over 2 weeks since the Med cruises opened so one would think it would be there already. Maybe disers and some TA's are the only ones who know it exists at this point.

On another subject, how do you all usually request dinner seating. I've reserved early seating b/c DS will be just shy of 3, but do you request a table for yourselves, request a large table in the hopes of meeting other wonderful people, or sit with other disers from the meet boards? In the past on other lines I've always just left it to fate, but I wouldn't want to be seated with a childless couple that doesn't enjoy kids now that I have an active toddler. What to do?

Last time we had late seating and mostly adults (LAP) rotation. We didn't request anything.

This time we requested early seating (last time was just too late for us too eat). So even though we are 3 adults, we realize there will be more kids this time at early seating. I assume DCL will seat us with adults. We aren't requesting any certain size table. Wherever they put us is fine. I work with 3 and 4yr old at my church (25 in class at a time) so it will be ok if we are seated with kids. I'd rather be seated with toddlers though than 6-10yr olds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter