May 5th 2007 Western Magic CINCO DIS MAYO!

We usually let them give us whatever and it has always been just us at the table, even though sometimes it would be nice to meet others at dinner. We like the early seating because even though sometimes we feel rushed, it is easier for our daughter. You can also link your table reservation with another family if you want. Have a great day everyone!
Kimberly

Thanks for the info. I've always had nice tablemates but wasn't sure if DCL goes out of their way to link up like families/couples/etc. I noticed that is definitely not the case on other lines. On our last cruise we were seated at a table for 6 with a single woman who only attended dinner the first evening (she met a guy fast and was "with" him the rest of the cruise) and a mother/daugher pair that were about 35 and 10 years older than us. Although we didn't have a lot in common, they were very pleasant people. I wish the table had been full though. Fortunately, a lot of fellow cruise critic folks were at nearby tables and we shared after dinner drinks with them most evenings.

I wouldn't care but became a bit concerned when I read another thread where the poster basically said her DH was a grumpy old man, should they sit alone or not? I'm thinking the grumpy old man wouldn't want to sit with small children whether they are wearing their angel halos or not.

I have to admit, it was nice knowing it was just us at the table. On the Panama cruise there were some people complaining about the children on the cruise. It bothered me that people would commit to a Disney cruise and be rude to my daughter. She is well behaved (in public anyway :rotfl2: ). It would be fun to sit with other families though. It's nice to meet everyone.

I think DCL does try to sit people with similar groups. My TA hinted at this last time - he said he wanted me to look around and see if I noticed how they seated the tables. Unfortunately the TA is out of business, so I never did get the answer. But it did look like it to me - it was me, DH, two DD's and my parents. The table right next to ours was a single mom, her son and her parents. We went on Holland America for our honeymoon 11 years ago and all three couples at the table were honeymooners. We became friendly with one of the couples and we still correspond with eachother. :)
Hope we can plan a DIS meet once we're all on board. It was SO great to meet everyone last time, after "talking" on the DIS boards FOREVER and then finally getting to meet! :goodvibes

Bumping this to page one so Sherrie can find us! Saw her on another thread.

Sherrie, come out, come out wherever you are!

We want to welcome you to the 5/5/07 Farewell Tour Cruise Meet Thread!

hi ppiglet thanks for the warm welcome. hello all .we will be joining you on the 5/5/07 cruise,(sounds like an awful long time to go) this is my first cruise ever. we have been to wdw 7x in the past 7 yrs and look forward to this new disney experience. i look forward to sailing with all of you. these boards are the best.

anyone with girls around 8 who would like to email katie i will gladly exchange emails with. she is shy at first and someone ahead of time will ease her anxieties. thanks have a disney day all
cat 9, level 2

cast;
me, sherrie/ 46
dh, ron /46
dgd, katie/ 8 :cheer2:

Good evening everyone,
I have a question for you all (it seems like a silly question though). I am currently booked on a 7 night land/sea leaving May 3, 2007. It would just be my son, who will be 8 at cruising time, and myself. He really wanted to do a 7 night cruise instead of the land/sea, but leaving on saturdays/sundays are difficult (my ex husband has our son every other weekend, and doesn't like to switch weekends. So if we left on a weekend my son is home, we'd return when he should be at his dad's) The only time when we could do this would be the beginning of May 2007. I have not been able to find (including on disneys website) a caribbean cruise leaving in May. All I can find is the Med cruises in May. When I told my son that there were no caribbean cruises in May next year, he was so disappointed. I think he had his hopes up of spending 7 nights on the ship instead of 4 nights.
Then I seen these posts and realize that your cruise is Western Caribbean leaving May 5/07. I am thrilled to see that this cruise exists, but I can't find any information about this cruise.
Can anyone give me any info on your cruise? I can't find it anywhere on Disney's website.
Any information about this cruise and who you all booked through would be wonderfully appreciated! :sunny:
Thank you very much
Erin

i think this is a fairly new release cruise, i have booked through dreams unlimited. if you prefer dcl for info perhaps you could call them and ask. they have an 800 number but sorry i dont know it offhand

best wishes,
sherrie

Hi Sherrie,
Thank you so very much. I can't tell you how excited my son will be to learn that there is a 7 night cruise that we can (hopefully) go on. Actually I am totally excited myself. :goodvibes
Thanks again
Erin

erin1998 said:
Good evening everyone,
I have a question for you all (it seems like a silly question though). I am currently booked on a 7 night land/sea leaving May 3, 2007. It would just be my son, who will be 8 at cruising time, and myself. He really wanted to do a 7 night cruise instead of the land/sea, but leaving on saturdays/sundays are difficult (my ex husband has our son every other weekend, and doesn't like to switch weekends. So if we left on a weekend my son is home, we'd return when he should be at his dad's) The only time when we could do this would be the beginning of May 2007. I have not been able to find (including on disneys website) a caribbean cruise leaving in May. All I can find is the Med cruises in May. When I told my son that there were no caribbean cruises in May next year, he was so disappointed. I think he had his hopes up of spending 7 nights on the ship instead of 4 nights.
Then I seen these posts and realize that your cruise is Western Caribbean leaving May 5/07. I am thrilled to see that this cruise exists, but I can't find any information about this cruise.
Can anyone give me any info on your cruise? I can't find it anywhere on Disney's website.
Any information about this cruise and who you all booked through would be wonderfully appreciated! :sunny:
Thank you very much
Erin

Hi Erin:

There is a 7 day Magic cruise deparating on Saturday, May 5th returning Saturday, May 12th. Last year Disney only released 7 day cruises through April, 2007. But on March 1st of this year, Disney released this cruise with the Fall 2007 cruises. The Fall cruises were added to the Disney website but this one wasn't (we don't know why). I found out about it here on the Disboards and was able to book March 2nd. This is a Western Caribbean cruise and the last cruise before the transistion to to Med. Disney later released the surprise Med cruises that so many people were waiting for. The Med cruises were added to the website but for some reason this cruise has fallen through the cracks on the Disney website. Its not listed but you can book it. We all did. I booked it through Costco and they knew about it. Dreams Unlimited knows about it. I would guess most TA's would know about it but the big ones for sure should know. I think if you do an advanced search on the Disney website you can find it, but it doesn't otherwise come up.

When you can return your DS to his dad's depends on where you live. DCL recommends that you not book a flight before noon on disembarkation day which is Saturday, May 12, 2007. Flights aren't out yet so you can't really see what time you could get one, but you should be able to look at schedules on Traveocity for this year to get an idea of how long your flight would be. Add time to get luggage and drive home. Also, while the ship leaves Port Canaveral on Saturday, May 5, 2007, its safe to say that practically everyone you ask will recommend you arrive a day early, get a hotel room by the airport or by the port and get to the port early on Saturday. Flights can be delayed and you don't want to stress about missing the ship if you fly in on Saturday. I don't recommend booking air through DCL for this reason. Plus, with DCL air you won't know your flights until close to your cruise date, DCL chooses it, you don't and its probably cheaper on your own (as is the insurance).

Hopefully your ex will realize what a wonderful opportunity this is for your DS and be willing to give you 2 weekends in a row if you give him one of your weekends.

Erin...that would be great if you could join us! I booked directly thru DCL and I called to switch from April to May and the CM on the phone didn't even know it existed for May 5th. I told her to double check and she was surprised to see it. It's still not on their site as far as I know. I usually call the 407/566-7000 phone #, but just found this 800/951-3532 info #. Hope it helps.

Debbie

Erin,

I just saw you are in Ontario (we're suburbs of Detroit). Depending on where you are in Ontario (I'm guessing Pearson Int'l Airport for calculation purposes right now), your flight home would be about 3ish hours. We have a flight this June that departs MCO at 3:35 pm and arrives at Detroit Metro at 6:19 pm. Hope this helps but realistically the earliest you'll get home on Saturday is early evening.

I hope you and your DS can join us.

Good morning everyone, :)
Thank you all so much for you responses. I emailed my travel agent this morning and asked him to look into this cruise for me. The dates would work out perfectly.
I am so excited and hope that I can make this cruise with you guys. :thumbsup2
Thanks again for your info.
Erin

Welcome Erin! :wave2:

Sherrie, I have two DD's who will be 9 and 5 at the time. I bet my DD would enjoy an email pal - but we aren't going to tell them until Christmas. So after that we can give it a try! :goodvibes

Only 367 days to go!!! :rotfl2:

pppiglet said:
This time next year we will be packing!

I'm so excited, I think I'll get started now. Hmmm, where did I put that over the door shoe rack and the duct tape? :rotfl2:

my lucky freind is leaving this saturday, can't wait to hear the details first hand, i am so excited for her. it is all we talk about :rotfl2: lol

Good morning everyone, :wave2:
Thank you all for you help in regards to this cruise. I called my travel agent and asked him to look into this cruise for me. Within a few hours, he had a quote for me. So, I have cancelled my land/sea and rebooked this 7 night cruise with you all. :cool1: I am so excited. :teeth: It will be just myself and my son (who will be 8 at the time of cruising). This is our first disney cruise, but our second cruise in total. I think my son is becoming a cruising addict. A few weeks ago when discussing our next holiday and different options, he had already made his mind up that we cruise again. And what better way to cruise than on a Disney ship! We are both so thrilled and excited for this trip. I can't wait!!!
We are on deck 2, category 9 and first dinner seating.
Thanks again for all your earlier help.
Erin

erin1998 said:
Good morning everyone, :wave2:
Thank you all for you help in regards to this cruise. I called my travel agent and asked him to look into this cruise for me. Within a few hours, he had a quote for me. So, I have cancelled my land/sea and rebooked this 7 night cruise with you all. :cool1: I am so excited. :teeth: It will be just myself and my son (who will be 8 at the time of cruising). This is our first disney cruise, but our second cruise in total. I think my son is becoming a cruising addict. A few weeks ago when discussing our next holiday and different options, he had already made his mind up that we cruise again. And what better way to cruise than on a Disney ship! We are both so thrilled and excited for this trip. I can't wait!!!
We are on deck 2, category 9 and first dinner seating.
Thanks again for all your earlier help.
Erin

Hi Erin:

We're so glad you'll be joining us. This our first DCL cruise as well and DS's first cruise ever. DH and I are so excited! DS has no idea what a cruise is but he's saying "boat" pretty good now. :banana: We'll work on "ship" later. I fear his pronunciation of that one. :lmao:

I was reading the cruise meet ideas thread and seems like there were some good ideas on it. We don't have too many people yet, but have any of you checked out that thread and ever participated in those types of things? I'm still trying to figure out exactly what DisTag is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter