• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2008--Everything's Coming Up Roses -- COMPLETE

Hi,
Just started reading your pre-trip and it sounds like fun so far. My family and I are going May 4 - 10 and we are staying at the POP, it will be the kids first trip ever to Disney and they are pretty excited. I was wondering what type of crafts you do? Can't wait to read more!!

How did I miss your Pre-trippie?!

Your plans and ADR's look great! I love the theme of the trip of the "2's". I'm really looking forward to seeing the crafts you come up with. You are a very crafty woman! :goodvibes I have to make my way to the craft store soon so I can make my own tye-dye shirts!

Looking forward to more!

Welcome! It looks like your're going to be in WDW just a few days after us! What are your dates?

Hi,
Just started reading your pre-trip and it sounds like fun so far. My family and I are going May 4 - 10 and we are staying at the POP, it will be the kids first trip ever to Disney and they are pretty excited. I was wondering what type of crafts you do? Can't wait to read more!!

Welcome! Hey, we'll be at WDW the same time! Can't wait to LGMH ya!

Well, since you asked ):rotfl: , here are some of the WDW crafts I did last time.

Door Sign
JPEG056.jpg

Tie dye shirts with Mickey Head
JPEG004.jpg

DSC_9025.jpg

My DH made a glow in the dark Mickey
JPEG069.jpg

JPEG068.jpg

My itinerary book
JPEG066.jpg

LGMH for diaper bag and stroller
JPEG.jpg

A Disney Activity Book for my 2 year old...here are just some of the pages:
JPEG053.jpg

JPEG051.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

JPEG048.jpg

JPEG044.jpg

JPEG027.jpg

JPEG024.jpg

LGMHs to give away
JPEG019.jpg

Clipboard for autographs (back)
JPEG018.jpg

(front)
JPEG017.jpg

I've been trying for 2 weeks now to get a room on Priceline for our May 3 night. If you remember, in Sept I got $45/night and was pleased...thought I'd have to pay more for May.

Anyway, I started at $35 for a 3* (highest star rating on Priceline for Walt Disney World area) and kept increasing by $1 or $2 each time.

Today my bid was accepted for $45. That seems to be the magic number!

We will be staying at the Radisson Worldgate Resort. And besides being a really cool place only 1 mile from WDW, they have Sleep Number Beds!!! This is the bed we have at home since I had back problems (herniated disc) over a year ago!! Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited!

I love all the things you made! so cute! Did you get any notes from fellow dissers?

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Worldgate Resort?

UPDATE: Just checked out the DIS review for this hotel and it SUCKS!!!! People have paid anywhere from $45 to $75 for this hotel on Priceline and most agree it's an old, bad hotel!!

oh well! We are only there one night for about 12 hours total -- including the time we sleep, so it can't be that bad, right??

This may be the very first time Priceline fails me...

I love all the things you made! so cute! Did you get any notes from fellow dissers?

No one from the DIS wrote on the message board but we did get a lot of notes from fellow guests, the manager of the resort and the maids. Two people left pins for us (and I don't even collect them!) and 2 people (prob kids) left a "not-nice" message (one said "Mickey is pooping and the other said we were gay for doing the message board so I changed the word "gay" to "g'day" to make it more friendly!)

I would take the notecards with writing on them inside every time I saw one. I think we had about 5 or 6 people write a Disney greeting on them.

Here is the pic of it decorated:

JPEG008.jpg

Shame some kids had t o ruin that by writing not so night stuff on there,. But you did great in making it look more friendly:thumbsup2

WTG in getting a good price on your hotel f or day one, but bummer it has bad reviews.

Like you said, at least it is only for one night.....not that big of deal:goodvibes

I love all the stuff you made. I haven't even started my scrapbook from our September trip yet. How do you find time with a two year old?

I love all the stuff you made. I haven't even started my scrapbook from our September trip yet. How do you find time with a two year old?

I don't clean my house -- I make crafts instead!! :rotfl2:

Actually, my goal was to finish my Sept Disney scrapbook before my May trip -- not happening. I've prepared the pages (i.e., haven't put together) up through July 4th for other things but haven't gotten to our Sept Trip yet. Basically, I need to stop my scrapbook and start my Disney crafts very soon for May. Guess I'll be doing both Sept and May trips together!

So as you may have seen, today the Annual Pass discounts for room only came out for Disney. My first thought was "figures!" since I just got Priceline acceptance yesterday.:mad:

But it appears the discount for a value, room only is $89 plus taxes, so this is still much higher than our priceline room, so I still feel comfortable in what we got ... now come May 3 I may be having major regrets, but just how bad can a room be for one night??? right???

Oh, and the other news is that now people who have an Annual Pass can purchase the DDP w/o buying tickets or paying rack room rates!! This can be a large savings for those who eat a TS every day anyway!

Hi Marshay! I love your crafts from last year and can't wait to see the one's for this trip! I still have to go to HD to pick up our LGMHs to decorate!! As for the one night at the Radison, like you said, its only 12 hours, it will be fine!!!

Hi Marshay! I love your crafts from last year and can't wait to see the one's for this trip! I still have to go to HD to pick up our LGMHs to decorate!! As for the one night at the Radison, like you said, its only 12 hours, it will be fine!!!

I hope so! The reviews on the DIS were downright nasty -- mold, dirty, falling apart...some said it wasn't even a 1* :scared1:

If nothing else, then I guess we will fall on our hands and knees while at the Beach Club Villas!:worship:

Ok, I figured out my "new" craft for this trip. Last year I created a Disney Activity book for my DD to help her learn about WDW.

This time I'm going to make a Disney ABC book...once again, it will be part learning activities for plane and part scrapbook. So each page will have Disney characters or rides or something to do with Disney on it and correspond to the letters of the alphabet.

So it'll teach her the alphabet and about Disney -- sounds good?!

I will also leave room so I can add photos later (like a photo of DD and Ariel for "A").

So now I need to start working on my list of letters...I think I will try for more than one Disney thing per letter.

Any/all help is appreciated!

Ok, I figured out my "new" craft for this trip. Last year I created a Disney Activity book for my DD to help her learn about WDW.

This time I'm going to make a Disney ABC book...once again, it will be part learning activities for plane and part scrapbook. So each page will have Disney characters or rides or something to do with Disney on it and correspond to the letters of the alphabet.

So it'll teach her the alphabet and about Disney -- sounds good?!

I will also leave room so I can add photos later (like a photo of DD and Ariel for "A").

So now I need to start working on my list of letters...I think I will try for more than one Disney thing per letter.

Any/all help is appreciated!

Wow ! I can't wait to see this!

Wow ! I can't wait to see this!

In case anyone is inspired, I'm still looking for appropriate ones for:

H (have Haunted Mansion, Hollywood studios and High School musical but the last one is really too old for my DD)

K (have Kilimanjaro Safari...need more since kangaroos and Kali River don't really fit)

R (have rabbit and rhino (RNR too old)...need more)

Y (have Yak and Yeti)

Z (have zebras and Zurg)

H (have Haunted Mansion, Hollywood studios and High School musical but the last one is really too old for my DD)

K (have Kilimanjaro Safari...need more since kangaroos and Kali River don't really fit)

Y (have Yak and Yeti)

Z (have zebras and Zurg)

How about ...

Kanga for K and Roo for R
Huey or Hercules for H
Zazu for Z

Y (have Yak and Yeti)

Z (have zebras and Zurg)
Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but this is what I can come up with:

H - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids/Audience, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hall of Presidents, Hidden Mickeys, Hannah Montana, Herbie the Love Bug, Huey

K - Kaa the python, Kanga, King Louie, King Triton,

R - Railroad, Riverboat, Rafiki, Rajah, Roo, Rescue Rangers

Z- Zazu, Zeus

Sorry, I have nothing for Y.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but this is what I can come up with:

H - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids/Audience, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hall of Presidents, Hidden Mickeys, Hannah Montana, Herbie the Love Bug, Huey

K - Kaa the python, Kanga, King Louie, King Triton,

R - Railroad, Riverboat, Rafiki, Rajah, Roo, Rescue Rangers

Z- Zazu, Zeus

Sorry, I have nothing for Y.

Yes, I like those esp. hidden mickey, king triton and railroad. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter