May 2008--Everything's Coming Up Roses -- COMPLETE

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you all feel better soon.:flower3:

Oh no! It's awful! My friend had it last week and she was so miserable. She sent me an e-mail to tell me she was dying and she thought it was only right to let me know. :rolleyes:

I've heard great stuff about Tamiflu if you get it soon enough ~ something to think about! I think they will give it to you in the first 48 hours.

thanks for the well-wishes...Yes, Doc gave me Tamiflu for DD. I'm hoping it works. I know nothing about it.

So is it for adults too?

Also, Doc said that for children she isn't worried about a fever until it reaches 108 degrees!!! Does that sound whack to you???

This is our first child so I'm not familiar with flu/fevers in kids. Doc said for adults they are concerned at 103 and higher but it takes a lot more for kids temps.:confused:

Yes, tamiflu is for adults too. My friend is a drug rep for it... she swears by it.

If my kid had a temp of 108 and I'd be in the ER! :scared1: Just keep her hydrated... they can dehydrate so much more quickly than we can. Poor baby... I hope the tamiflu helps keep it from getting really bad.

Yes, tamiflu is for adults too. My friend is a drug rep for it... she swears by it.

If my kid had a temp of 108 and I'd be in the ER! :scared1: Just keep her hydrated... they can dehydrate so much more quickly than we can. Poor baby... I hope the tamiflu helps keep it from getting really bad.

thanks -- yeah, this is really the first time DD has been sick -- can't complain since it's been over 2.5 years before her first flu. She's enjoying her "teddy bear juice" (Pediacare or Pedialyte...whichever one has the teddy bear on it).

I tried that stuff and it's gross - so syrupy!

Also, Doc said that for children she isn't worried about a fever until it reaches 108 degrees!!! Does that sound whack to you???

This is our first child so I'm not familiar with flu/fevers in kids. Doc said for adults they are concerned at 103 and higher but it takes a lot more for kids temps.:confused:

108!! That's insane! I don't think many people have had a temp of 108 and have lived to talk about it!

108!! That's insane! I don't think many people have had a temp of 108 and have lived to talk about it!

Yeah, I agree! But she said that for adults that would translate to around 103...:confused: We'll see how the meds work and hope the fever comes down in the next day or so...

I start freaking at 104 - I don't care what the doctors say. My DS had 103. something once and I freaked --- putting her in a room temperature bath helped bring it down. That and the tylenol/motrin thing. Turned out she had roseola measles. Three days later she broke out in a rash everywhere. Was really weird.

Hello Marshay. I have just found your pre-trippie and love it. Your family is lovely. My family and I will be down in the World May 3 through 9. We will be staying at the Buena Vista Suites. My daughter has invited her fiance on this trip and it will be his first trip since he was 10(he is now 22). My cast of characters will be Me(Dana 45) DH(Dale 46) DD(Amanda 20) DS(Tyler 19) DS (Dallas 9)and DD's fiance(Anthony 22). I am looking so forward to this trip as it has been exactly one year today since we were there last. Keep the pre trip thingie going.

Hello Marshay. I have just found your pre-trippie and love it. Your family is lovely. My family and I will be down in the World May 3 through 9. We will be staying at the Buena Vista Suites. My daughter has invited her fiance on this trip and it will be his first trip since he was 10(he is now 22). My cast of characters will be Me(Dana 45) DH(Dale 46) DD(Amanda 20) DS(Tyler 19) DS (Dallas 9)and DD's fiance(Anthony 22). I am looking so forward to this trip as it has been exactly one year today since we were there last. Keep the pre trip thingie going.

Oh, that sounds wonderful!!! I'm so excited for you all and I hope we run into each other somewhere in the parks. Don't forget to get your LGMHs. Will you guys do matching shirts or tie dyes? Post a picture so we know who you all are, if you would!

On another note, my DD's 105 degree fever broke!! It's down to 101 degrees -- Woo Hoo!!

Went to doctor today and DD has the flu .. temp was 104.9 degrees!!! YIKES! Now, of course, I'm starting to get the symptoms ... guess it has something to do with your DD coughing in your face, slobbering over you, etc. Poor thing!:sick:

Scary....hope she better soon

I hope you do not get sick, too

I would see if you could get an antibiotic just in case

thanks for the well-wishes...Yes, Doc gave me Tamiflu for DD. I'm hoping it works. I know nothing about it.

So is it for adults too?

WOW..108!!!!

I thought my dr was nuts when she said 106:scared1:

Oh, that sounds wonderful!!! I'm so excited for you all and I hope we run into each other somewhere in the parks. Don't forget to get your LGMHs. Will you guys do matching shirts or tie dyes? Post a picture so we know who you all are, if you would!

On another note, my DD's 105 degree fever broke!! It's down to 101 degrees -- Woo Hoo!!
!
Yay!!

Just keep her hydrated!!!!

Hope she feeling better soon:goodvibes

WOW, that is a blessing. I am a nurse and that type fever is very frightening. I know I lose all my nursing knowledge when one of mine is not up to par. BTW she is a cutie pie, looks like she is 2 going on 16..........lol. They are so much fun at that age.

Ok, about shirts, we usually don't wear matching shirts(DH passes on it) but I love the idea of the LGMH, I may be able to get him to wear one(crossing fingers). And to be totally honest, I don't know if I have a recent pic of all of us together..........lol. My avitar is of the kids 2 years ago. I will have to look through my pics and see if I can find another one newer.

I would love to buy into the DVC. My brother bought in about 15 years ago and he loves it. He bought in when you got tickets included for the first 10 years or so, he and his family went for 10 years at a great cost.

I hope we can meet up as I would love to meet up with some fellow Disers.

Looking for the pic.................................................

christmasandfamily038_edited.jpg

christmasandfamily036_edited.jpg

I forgot about these, they were taken this past month. This is me and my crew.......lol

I am so glad she is doing better !:hug:

christmasandfamily038_edited.jpg

christmasandfamily036_edited.jpg

I forgot about these, they were taken this past month. This is me and my crew.......lol

Awwww...look at your guys all dressed up! Your family is adorable and look so grown up!

Just put some LGMH on your backpack or purse or water bottle...that way other people can identify you.

Did you hear about Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party? They are having one on the 9th of May. So far we know of 12 families going that night from the DIS.

Marshay,

I was feeling all good about my 6 page TR... and here you are with 8 pages of PRE-Trip! Loved reading it and looking forward to hearing about it all the way through!

Awwww...look at your guys all dressed up! Your family is adorable and look so grown up!

Just put some LGMH on your backpack or purse or water bottle...that way other people can identify you.

Did you hear about Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party? They are having one on the 9th of May. So far we know of 12 families going that night from the DIS.

Thanks Marshay my kids are mostly grown............lol. The youngest is 9 but he is almost as tall as me.

We went to the PPP last Feb when we were there and had a great time. This year they are having it the day before we arrive and the day we leave
:`( I wish they were having it any other day that we were there, we would do it again without a doubt.

I am counting down until we leave, it is tooooooooooo far off..........lol

Thanks Marshay my kids are mostly grown............lol. The youngest is 9 but he is almost as tall as me.

We went to the PPP last Feb when we were there and had a great time. This year they are having it the day before we arrive and the day we leave
:`( I wish they were having it any other day that we were there, we would do it again without a doubt.

I am counting down until we leave, it is tooooooooooo far off..........lol

We have a cool ticker today!!:goodvibes

I feel like I'm so behind on my crafts this trip...we all are still feeling like crap since Thursday/Friday.

Anyway, I noticed that I forgot to add Grand FL photo shoot day into our schedule. So I guess that "free day" is no longer! I'm hoping to do the photo session around dusk. Need to call 30 days in advance for ressies.

How did I miss your Pre-trippie?!

Your plans and ADR's look great! I love the theme of the trip of the "2's". I'm really looking forward to seeing the crafts you come up with. You are a very crafty woman! :goodvibes I have to make my way to the craft store soon so I can make my own tye-dye shirts!

Looking forward to more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter