May 2008--Everything's Coming Up Roses -- COMPLETE

:rotfl2: Yeah, May ain't the greatest..................

:flower3: Can I have a quick synopsis of the details thus far?

Page 1 shows the 2 highlight posts of ADRs and Schedule. Going in May, staying at BCV, ADRs at 6 new restaurants (!), spending time at SAB = Stormalong Bay. Going with parents for part of the time again which means we get a date night! Going to make more crafts again for trip. Doing Pirate and Princess Party.

Looking forward to the crafts you will be doing ---- last year you gave me some great ideas for things to make for my two grandkids (ages 2 and 5). Of course they were not as detailed as yours, but came out great and the kids loved them. Even made door and window decor last year --- which was a first for me. Thanks again for sharing :flower3:

Looking forward to the crafts you will be doing ---- last year you gave me some great ideas for things to make for my two grandkids (ages 2 and 5). Of course they were not as detailed as yours, but came out great and the kids loved them. Even made door and window decor last year --- which was a first for me. Thanks again for sharing :flower3:

Oh, please show us pics of your crafts! I'd love to see them all!:goodvibes

Subsribed to your PTR... we are going the first full week of May also:woohoo: It will be DH's 5 or 6th trip, but he isn't into planning. Its my 2nd trip, and DD (18 months) 1st trip. I need lots of help! We are staying off site, and planning on 3 or 4 park days. Now I have to try and book some ADRs. Also, any advice on a must do character meal with DD??

Subsribed to your PTR... we are going the first full week of May also:woohoo: It will be DH's 5 or 6th trip, but he isn't into planning. Its my 2nd trip, and DD (18 months) 1st trip. I need lots of help! We are staying off site, and planning on 3 or 4 park days. Now I have to try and book some ADRs. Also, any advice on a must do character meal with DD??

Welcome! And I hope to see you somewhere in the parks! Make sure you have some Lime Green Mickey Heads (LGMH)s on you so other DISsers know you DIS (in case you don't know these are the Alien Green color paint chip samples from Home Depot in the shape of Mickey Mouse. You can put your DIS screen name on it or decorate it however you like and then when you meet other DISsers you can trade LGMHs).

With an 18 month old, definitely plan to take lots of breaks, don't overdo the parks -- maybe only pick 2 (no more than 3) parks to go to the whole week. We didn't introduce our 26 month old to the characters until after she saw them for a few days from a distance. I know Disney is expensive and sometimes you feel like you have to 'do it all' but with a young one, you can't do it all and you won't be happy trying.

We really enjoyed the Cape May Cafe breakfast at the Beach Club. The characters were not rushed at all (like they are at Chef Mickeys). I know a lot of my DIS friends and parents really like Crystal Palace in MK but I haven't been there.

Sorry, I don't have more suggestions for character meals as CMC and CM were my first ones!

If you have other specific questions, just ask -- I'm sure we can all offer our suggestions!:goodvibes

Also, any advice on a must do character meal with DD??

We did Chef Mickey's a few years ago... it was fun but I wouldn't go there if your DD doesn't like loud... there is a lot of hoopin and hollerin in there.

We just did Garden Grill in November and LOVED it. The character interaction is wonderful there and the food was good too. It was a very relaxing meal ~ kind of the opposite of Chef Mickey's.

I know that others posting here have done LTT and CP... maybe they can help you out with reviews of those. :goodvibes

We did Chef Mickey's a few years ago... it was fun but I wouldn't go there if your DD doesn't like loud... there is a lot of hoopin and hollerin in there.

We just did Garden Grill in November and LOVED it. The character interaction is wonderful there and the food was good too. It was a very relaxing meal ~ kind of the opposite of Chef Mickey's.

I know that others posting here have done LTT and CP... maybe they can help you out with reviews of those. :goodvibes

Yeah, I need to add Garden Grill to my list for our next trip. What kind of food did they have and is it lunch and dinner for character dining?

Yeah, I need to add Garden Grill to my list for our next trip. What kind of food did they have and is it lunch and dinner for character dining?

Character Dining is Lunch and DInner:thumbsup2

Family Style Platter
featuring:

Buttermilk biscuits and Yeast rolls with Honey-Orange Blossom Butter

Flank Steak with Mushroom Cabernet au Jus

Rotisserie Turkey with Cranberry Relish

Fried Catfish

Homestyle Potato Casserole

Selection of Fresh Vegetables

Very Berry Puff Pastry

Young Gardener's Menu
Ages 3 to 9

Choice of:

Chicken Strips

Macaroni and Cheese

Potatoes or French Fries

Fresh Vegetables

Served with a special dessert

Complimentary Non-alcoholic Beverages
Included

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange Soda, Lemonade Light, Root Beer, Iced Tea, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Milk and Chocolate Milk

Alcoholic Frozen Beverages

Raspberry Daiquiri - refreshing blend of raspberries and rum $7.25

All drinks available with an illuminating glow cube for an additional charge.

WINES

We proudly offer wines whose grapes are certified as Organically Grown

Lolonis Fume Blanc, Redwood Valley, '03
glass $8.50 bottle $38

Bonterra Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, '01
glass $9.00 bottle $39

Lolonis Vineyards, Ladybug Red, Redwood Valley, Cuvee V
glass $9.00 bottle $39

Sharky to the rescue with the menu! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to add that we had flank steak but it didn't have mushrooms... guess they've changed it a bit. What we had was good though. The hashbrown casserole was delish! We tried the catfish... it was okay... I had never had it before and I do like lots of kinds of fish but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to have that again. I enjoyed an especially yummy glass of Pinot Grigio. My kids enjoyed all their food too... it was normal Disney kids fare. The special dessert for kids is a decorate your own cupcake... that was a big hit! :thumbsup2

Anytime!!

I am not one for vegetables, and even I loved it.. It was so fresh, never knew vegetables could be good:rotfl2:

Thanks for all of the tips Trentmom and Marshay. This will give me a few options when I go to book them. We know we are going to be much more easy going this trip b/c DD is so young.

We will only go to one park a day, etc. And probably take a break in the afternoon and go back to the condo for a nap. We know that we will be going back in a few years so we don't mind 'doing it all' this time around. I just want to make sure I have the park days planned according to hours they are opened, skipping the park when they have the EMH (since we are not staying onsite and can't take part of this). My thinking is the park with the EMH is probably the most crowded park on that day.

Also- yes I do have to pick up my LGMH from Home Depot and get decorating! Marshay- you have such great craft ideas!

Thanks for all of the tips Trentmom and Marshay. This will give me a few options when I go to book them. We know we are going to be much more easy going this trip b/c DD is so young.

We will only go to one park a day, etc. And probably take a break in the afternoon and go back to the condo for a nap. We know that we will be going back in a few years so we don't mind 'doing it all' this time around. I just want to make sure I have the park days planned according to hours they are opened, skipping the park when they have the EMH (since we are not staying onsite and can't take part of this). My thinking is the park with the EMH is probably the most crowded park on that day.

Also- yes I do have to pick up my LGMH from Home Depot and get decorating! Marshay- you have such great craft ideas!

You are most welcome!!

Since your, I am forgetting now, you have a DD right?, who is 18 months, I would recommend Liberty Tree Tavern, too.

It is a nice relaxing character meal, not too overtop, so should not overwhelm your child:goodvibes

Sharky to the rescue with the menu! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to add that we had flank steak but it didn't have mushrooms... guess they've changed it a bit. What we had was good though. The hashbrown casserole was delish! We tried the catfish... it was okay... I had never had it before and I do like lots of kinds of fish but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to have that again. I enjoyed an especially yummy glass of Pinot Grigio. My kids enjoyed all their food too... it was normal Disney kids fare. The special dessert for kids is a decorate your own cupcake... that was a big hit! :thumbsup2

Thank You, Thank You:goodvibes

Yes, the cupcake dessert was great as well:woohoo:

Went to doctor today and DD has the flu .. temp was 104.9 degrees!!! YIKES! Now, of course, I'm starting to get the symptoms ... guess it has something to do with your DD coughing in your face, slobbering over you, etc. Poor thing!:sick:

Went to doctor today and DD has the flu .. temp was 104.9 degrees!!! YIKES! Now, of course, I'm starting to get the symptoms ... guess it has something to do with your DD coughing in your face, slobbering over you, etc. Poor thing!:sick:

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you all feel better soon.:flower3:

Oh no! It's awful! My friend had it last week and she was so miserable. She sent me an e-mail to tell me she was dying and she thought it was only right to let me know. :rolleyes:

I've heard great stuff about Tamiflu if you get it soon enough ~ something to think about! I think they will give it to you in the first 48 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter