May 2008--Everything's Coming Up Roses -- COMPLETE

Queen Mom MOm is in the house! Can't wait to get started Marshay. Am at work, shhhhh, but wanted to join now and will read when I get home!!!! Wow May, I have to start my breathing exercises so I can survive in your luggage for the trip there!!!!

Queen Mom MOm is in the house! Can't wait to get started Marshay. Am at work, shhhhh, but wanted to join now and will read when I get home!!!! Wow May, I have to start my breathing exercises so I can survive in your luggage for the trip there!!!!

Hey, we have room for one more on the bed with DD! But I think Steph has already claimed that spot! :lmao:

On another note, this morning in my email I get something from Southwest airlines about their new nationwide sale. Crappola! I just bought my tickets last night and was in a dilemma about that.

So I use the link to see what special SW had ... and ... it's actually the same sale that I bought my tickets with last night! They must have changed the prices yesterday sometime but didn't announce it until this morning! So I lucked out and got my tickets before the advertised sale!! :cool1:

Hello! We are a family of three going back to BCV May 3-12. Come along on my PTR -- share your thoughts, see my crafts and have some fun!

109_109_109.jpg

We are going during the Flower and Garden show and both DH and I love plants & flowers so we are excited to stop and smell the roses along the way!

Since purchasing DVC a year ago, our planning for Disney has been so much easier -- we love having our own room and one for DD in our 1BR villa, plus kitchen, dining table, sofa/chairs, w/d. And of course, it's a wonderful treat not having to pay for a room each year!

So as I'm excitedly waiting our trip, it just seems like everything is coming up roses for us!

==============
I guess a second title would be, "Two by Two", since this trip will have a lot of "seconds" for us.

It's our 2nd DVC stay :cool1:

My 2nd time at the Flower and Garden Show.

My 2 yo will be so much more into Disney this time.

This is our 2nd time to go with my parents. (Don't you just love DD's "animal" face?)
60_w60_060.jpg

We are eating 2 times at Le Cellier since we liked it so much our past 2 times we ate there.

We'll do the Photopass again (#2) this time and I hope to reserve the GF Photosession again (#2).

And who knows? maybe we'll be blessed with getting pregnant between now and then with baby #2.

Maybe you'll get some magical pixie dust sprinkled on you there and end up getting pregnant at Disney! That would be one heck of a Disney souvenir!!!!

Originally we were going to go back to WDW in September. We went in 2007 and really loved the low crowds and Toddler Magic Hour in MK. We also bought annual passes b/c we knew we wanted to go again in 2008.

At the same time, we are trying for kid #2 and needed to plan our vacation so I wouldn't be 7-9 months pregnant. Then my parents said they were going back in late April/early May, so we decided to go in May as well. Our dates only overlap for 4-5 days so we are not sharing a 2BR villa this trip, but hopefully BCV can arrange for them to be close by.

I've made our ADRs, planned out our park days, reserved the rental car and started the PTR!

I'm still waiting for a cheaper flight -- yeah, I know this is a guessing game but I'm hoping JetBlue, SW or United will start a travel war for spring.

Also, we plan to fly in May 3 (BCV doesn't start until May 4) so I need to reserve a room for one night. Last time we got a tremendous deal of $45 on priceline for the Best Western Lake Buena Vista in DTD with Epcot view. Either we'll Priceline again or we'll stay at one of the Value resorts we haven't been to before.

I'm hoping to do a bunch more crafts (you may remember some of these from my Sept TR):
- tie dye shirts
- autograph book
- itinerary book
- LGMH with googly eyes (actually have a ton of these leftover)
- Large LGMH for stroller and Baggalini
- Sign for room door with place for folks to make comments
- Countdown calendar for DD

That's my list so far. I have more ideas but we'll see if I get the rest done first!

You always have such good ideas marshay, I hope you don't mind if we steal a few for our disney camping trip in Oct. We want to put a sign out and a pad and pen for people to make comments and we are going to try to make iron on transfers for tee shirts, we hope to make up our LGMH with the googly eyes as well and punch little holes in the top and put them on small rings or chains to hang off our purses, back packs, etc.

Hey, we have room for one more on the bed with DD! But I think Steph has already claimed that spot! :lmao:

On another note, this morning in my email I get something from Southwest airlines about their new nationwide sale. Crappola! I just bought my tickets last night and was in a dilemma about that.

So I use the link to see what special SW had ... and ... it's actually the same sale that I bought my tickets with last night! They must have changed the prices yesterday sometime but didn't announce it until this morning! So I lucked out and got my tickets before the advertised sale!! :cool1:

I did!! I'll squeeze the heck outta your DD all night!

I'm drooling over your ADR's such great choices!!!!!

Sounds like a great trip is shaping up!

We arrive on the 12th of May so make sure you take good care of WDW for us!

Well DD is little so maybe DD, Steph and I can all share the bed, lol. I lie very still and am very used to only having a little bit of space in bed!

Wow I would have been in a panic about the tickets too. I'm so glad you ended up getting the sale price a day early. Now at least you know you did well and you have that taken care of.

I'm afraid to use Priceline. I always heard you can not pick your hotels, they pick them for you and you have to accept and pay before you know what you got.

Well DD is little so maybe DD, Steph and I can all share the bed, lol. I lie very still and am very used to only having a little bit of space in bed!

Wow I would have been in a panic about the tickets too. I'm so glad you ended up getting the sale price a day early. Now at least you know you did well and you have that taken care of.

I'm afraid to use Priceline. I always heard you can not pick your hotels, they pick them for you and you have to accept and pay before you know what you got.

im a fatty tho.. and I wiggle.. DD may wake up likea pancake.. :eek: :scared: :rotfl:

You always have such good ideas marshay, I hope you don't mind if we steal a few for our disney camping trip in Oct. We want to put a sign out and a pad and pen for people to make comments and we are going to try to make iron on transfers for tee shirts, we hope to make up our LGMH with the googly eyes as well and punch little holes in the top and put them on small rings or chains to hang off our purses, back packs, etc.

Sounds great! However, let me suggest that you put the LGMHs in ziploc bags so they don't get wet (rides, rain, spilled drink). I tried to laminate mine but it doesn't work with the googly eyes.

I'm drooling over your ADR's such great choices!!!!!

Sounds like a great trip is shaping up!

We arrive on the 12th of May so make sure you take good care of WDW for us!

WELCOME!!:goodvibes

Bummer we won't be there at the same time! We were really debating about when to go in May. I knew I just didn't want to arrive or leave on Mom's Day.

Have you eaten at any of my new ones? I'm really curious how they will be, esp Coral Reef, Grand Floridian and Spoodles.

Yes, that is true. I've used Priceline for hotels probably 7 or 8 times now and I honestly never had a bad place. You just have to be flexible and realize that you are saving money in exchange for picking exact location.

A few years ago (pre-DD), my girlfriend and I did a trip to WDW and used Priceline and then DH and I did Priceline again 2 more times. We ended up paying $28, $30 and $32/night for a La Quinta, Holiday Inn and a Comfort Inn on International Drive during spring seasons. I was completely thrilled.

Then last year we got the Best Western for $45/night right across from DTD.

The only thing I don't yet feel comfortable with Priceline on is the airlines or rental cars since you cannot pick your times (I choose to arrive early and stay as late as possible on check-out day) and I only want a rental car "on-airport". The one time we got a slightly cheaper rental car but it was off-terminal so we wasted about an hour with transfers, lugging our gear, etc. It wasn't worth saving $15.

Anyway, I like Priceline but admit I also like the "thrill" of chasing a bargain!

Sounds great! However, let me suggest that you put the LGMHs in ziploc bags so they don't get wet (rides, rain, spilled drink). I tried to laminate mine but it doesn't work with the googly eyes.

Just an idea... what if you laminated the LGMH and then hot glued on the googly eyes? :confused3

Did you cut yours out or just leave them on the little squares they come on at Home Depot? The ziploc bag is a good idea too! I was thinking of a hole punch or even a little machine that I can put those little metal grommets in so that the cain we put through them won't rip it, and we can hang a bunch off of a big ring and then give them away by unhooking the chain. What do you think? Is there a machine or a press thing you can put those little metal circles into to secure them to the LGMHs?

Yes, that is true. I've used Priceline for hotels probably 7 or 8 times now and I honestly never had a bad place. You just have to be flexible and realize that you are saving money in exchange for picking exact location.

A few years ago (pre-DD), my girlfriend and I did a trip to WDW and used Priceline and then DH and I did Priceline again 2 more times. We ended up paying $28, $30 and $32/night for a La Quinta, Holiday Inn and a Comfort Inn on International Drive during spring seasons. I was completely thrilled.

Then last year we got the Best Western for $45/night right across from DTD.

The only thing I don't yet feel comfortable with Priceline on is the airlines or rental cars since you cannot pick your times (I choose to arrive early and stay as late as possible on check-out day) and I only want a rental car "on-airport". The one time we got a slightly cheaper rental car but it was off-terminal so we wasted about an hour with transfers, lugging our gear, etc. It wasn't worth saving $15.

Anyway, I like Priceline but admit I also like the "thrill" of chasing a bargain!

I would trust Priceline but my DH won't, he doesn't think you'll get a good place in a good neighborhood. I wanted to do that when we went to Las Vegas and he wouldn't hear of it. I did it once a long time ago and got a beautiful 4 star hotel for like $49 a night somewhere. He just doesn't believe it. I am with you, though, I would not use them for a plane as I want to pick my day of departure and the time I leave and arrive and same for my return trip!

Just an idea... what if you laminated the LGMH and then hot glued on the googly eyes? :confused3

I did think of that but don't know where to get them laminated that isn't too expensive. I used to work somewhere that I had control of the laminating machine and was the only one allowed to use the machine so that would have been perfect. I wish I knew where I could get them laminated now, I'd decorate them with our DIS names and then get them laminated and then glue on the googly eyes!

Did you cut yours out or just leave them on the little squares they come on at Home Depot? The ziploc bag is a good idea too! I was thinking of a hole punch or even a little machine that I can put those little metal grommets in so that the cain we put through them won't rip it, and we can hang a bunch off of a big ring and then give them away by unhooking the chain. What do you think? Is there a machine or a press thing you can put those little metal circles into to secure them to the LGMHs?

Go to any crafts store (micheals, ac moore) and they have a tool to do the grommets. However, you may just be overthinking this. :goodvibes

The ones that I had attached to my Baggalini and stroller definitely experienced wear and tear and rain (and those were laminated!) or got lost altogether. Remember anything dangling is subject to getting caught in bushes, people's clothing, walkways, etc. If you attach to stroller or purses, then plan for a new one at least every day if not more than one a day.

I just kept mine right on the square -- just because it was easier that way and in a ziploc bag in my diaper bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter