May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean!!! °o°

Hi everyone, just discovered this board so thought I'd drop in and say hello. My wife and I are coming from the UK for this cruise as part of our honeymoon. This is our first Disney cruise together - I worked 1 contract on the Magic 11 years ago but I'm sure a lot has changed since then!!

It's just the 2 of us, I'm 32 & my wife is 27. She will be 16 weeks pregnant when we board so any tips for her would be great! Also any other tips, tricks, pointers that you feel will help us first timers please feel free to share! We can't wait to get onboard, the food alone is getting me excited!!

Hope to speak to you all soon,

Rob.

Just wondering what folks are planning for this cruise. Val & I have been on this itinerary, or something similar, several times now and we've been on the Fantasy (or the Dream) a half-dozen times so we're pretty familiar with everything.
What is everybody else planning?

This is my second time on the Fantasy! (7th cruise) So I am excited about getting to go explore the ship again and maybe see something I didn't the first time!
I have knee Surgery June 1st, so finding tours that wouldn't over stress my knee was important!
For St. John, we are taking the beach tour! Lots of sun and relaxation!
San Juan, we are doing the adult only Bacardi tour and then exploring downtown by ourselves at our own pace! So excited!!
Castaway, some more beach and relaxation!
We are booked for Palo dinner, but I would rather do brunch so we are going to attempt to switch on the ship! No Remy for us! I'm to picky for my own good sometimes and I know I wouldn't appreciate the food for what its worth!
I would love to do some alcohol tastings! Mixology and Tequila are both on my to do list!
I want to do something in the spa, but just cant see myself booking for the prices as great as they probably are! I'll probably wait to get on the ship and see what the specials are for the day! And if not, no worries to me!
I'm excited to meet some new people! I am a big chatter box, and enjoy talking to new people! Have met some really great people on past cruises! If you see someone with a giant knee brace, or someone who is getting yelled at for NOT wearing her brace, that's probably me! :P
Super excited to create some new memories and enjoy some time without my phone or computer!

Hi everyone, just discovered this board so thought I'd drop in and say hello. My wife and I are coming from the UK for this cruise as part of our honeymoon. This is our first Disney cruise together - I worked 1 contract on the Magic 11 years ago but I'm sure a lot has changed since then!!

It's just the 2 of us, I'm 32 & my wife is 27. She will be 16 weeks pregnant when we board so any tips for her would be great! Also any other tips, tricks, pointers that you feel will help us first timers please feel free to share! We can't wait to get onboard, the food alone is getting me excited!!

Hope to speak to you all soon,

Rob.
Hi Rob! Congratulations on the honeymoon and congratulations on the baby!!!!!!
If she tends to have any kind of nausea from morning sickness or motion sickness, I have found that the sea bands work really well. I found them at my local grocery store before I went(cheaper then on the ship) They just put pressure on the pressure points on the wrist. Works every time for me without having to take any kind of medication! If you enjoy the cruise, make sure that you book a "phantom cruise" for another cruise on the ship! You only have to put I believe 10% down and then you get a credit for the cruise for either $100 or $200 depending on how long the cruise you book is. You can always change the date of the cruise, so even if you aren't sure what cruise you want to do next, you'll at least have that booking ready to go and all the credits move with you! We always book for the farthest day out with the cheapest room and then change it when we are ready to book! I think you have either 18 months or a little more to use the booking. If you decide not to use that booking, you can always cancel and get your deposit back! If that didn't make sense, just message me, and I'll try to explain better! lol
If I think of anything else, I'll add some more!

We just booked our cruise last minute, we are last minute cruisers usually and live in Orlando! So excited, this is our family's first seven day together, this is my fifth cruise and our family's fourth! Super excited to sail away!!!!

Hi all,
My wife and I booked last minute a couple weeks ago. The original plan was to go to Disney World. We usually cruise during the hurricane season. But I noticed prices started going up Sept/Oct but prices going down for April/May. So I asked the wife if she would like to cruise in the spring. Her response was, "If there's a chance I can't cruise later...I will take what I can get! Let's cruise now!" So the two of us will join you all in May!

-Will

Welcome to everyone! I know a few people were interested in being in a FE after it closed, I'm more then happy to organize a late coming FE if anyone's interested! Just send me a message!

Hi all,
My wife and I booked last minute a couple weeks ago. The original plan was to go to Disney World. We usually cruise during the hurricane season. But I noticed prices started going up Sept/Oct but prices going down for April/May. So I asked the wife if she would like to cruise in the spring. Her response was, "If there's a chance I can't cruise later...I will take what I can get! Let's cruise now!" So the two of us will join you all in May!

-Will
I had planned a 50th birthday cruise in June, but realized with prices lower in may it would be better to go now! In June I will be content to sit by my own pool LOL so we will be cruising for my son's birthday instead!

Two weeks from right now we will be ready to board!!! :boat:

I take it you were in GTY, or *GT. Are you happy with what you got?
Yes, We booked a 9D GTY because it was a really good military rate. I was expecting it to be a forward facing obstructed view, but we got an aft corner oceanview on deck 5. Its huge and has 2 windows. I think we did well :)

Not long to go now! My wife and I are incredibly excited for our 1st Disney Cruise together and the sunny weather here in the UK is getting us in the mood for the Carribean sun!! I also can't wait for the food, it looks so good!!

I failed to secure a Palo Brunch but am hoping to be able to get a reservation when I get on-board. Is anyone from here signing up for Mixology? My wife won't be doing it as she is pregnant so it'll just be me.

I am so excited.. I just got surprised with this cruise.. I am breast cancer free yea...
I will be traveling with my 17 year old son Matthew and am so thankful to God for life
This is our 19th cruise with Disney but the first on the beautiful Fantasy!!!!!so glad to be part of this
cruise

I am so excited.. I just got surprised with this cruise.. I am breast cancer free yea...
I will be traveling with my 17 year old son Matthew and am so thankful to God for life
This is our 19th cruise with Disney but the first on the beautiful Fantasy!!!!!so glad to be part of this
cruise[/QUOTE

:jumping1: Congrats on cancer free :jumping1: This will be our 12th Disney cruise but also our first on the Fantasy ...we are traveling with our 14 ds maybe they'll meet in the Vibe :wave:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter