• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are planning the same too, not set in stone yet as i think we will go via New York ,
but really want to visit Dallas and San Antonio.
i need to remember the name of that restaurant :cool1: i did google pics

So if you end up in Dallas, I vote that Curt, Brian, E & E share a car driving to Galveston. You, me, B & S can have the other. :thumbsup2

Not sure if I told anyone - for FE list - we are out....rescheduled for a later date.

Have fun!

i didnt have you signed up golfermike, but thanks anyway for letting us know in case you did. have a great trip where ever your off to, but your fellow cruisers wont be as nice as us :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

sarah xx

Would anyone be intersted in a running club during this cruise? I was in charge of it on the EBPC. We meet the first morning and I passed out running logs for everyone. We meet in the mornings on deck 4 for our walk/run and those that wanted to do their workouts at a later time could and just filled out the log on their own. At the end of the cruise, I handed out certificated for those who hit a half marathon, marathon or ultra marathon while on board!

Let me know if there is any intersted. It looks like we will be joining you (DH too!)

Of course we can decide Sara. :thumbsup2

How many cabins will we split the groups into for the Fish Extender?

How about 15, 20, 25???

Will go with majority of the people who respond to this :):)

20 sounds like a good number to me. Can we also get the kids gender and ages? I have some cute ideas that would be fun for different ages and genders for the children.

probably easier for me to just copy/paste save you all going back and forth.

the is the up to date list of those that of pm'd to sign up for fish extender.

Sonjaleigh 3a sonja, DS 23, DD19
Binkytell 2a 2c sarah, DH brian, DD 11, DD 2
Kris3kid 2a Kris, DMum Jackie
Padalyn 2a Cayla, DP Cathy
Tink1987 2a Collette, DH mark
HeatherB819 2a 1c heather, DH Pat, DD 10
wickesy 2a David, DDad Ray
AashleySEG 2a Andrea, DH Jeremy
Missandrea 2a 1c Andrea, Eddie DH, DD 12
Twopeasonepod 2a 2c Lauren, DH Tony, DS 7, DS 7
Cheflawrence 2a 1c Lawrence, DW mary, DS 13
"Yorkshire 3a Eric, DW Kathryn, DD Katrina
Disney fan"
Ladyshopper 1a 2c Jody, DS 15, DD 14
Goofy39.3 2a 1c Adam, DW Heather, DS 5
Squirrel956 2a Dave, DW Diane
RDDoll 2a Rick, DW Tami
FarnMor 2a Vicky, DH Jimmy
Mboekhoff 2a 2c Missy, DH Ross, DD13, DS 11
Rayofredondo 2a Ray, DFriend Jonathon
Margaretstahl 2a Margaret, DH Jack
Thepedersonfamily 2a 2c Melissa, DH Jeff, DD 11, DD 6
Gotomu212 2a 1c Deann, DH Carlos, DS 5
Mandygirl 2a 2c Mandy, DH Curt, DD 6, DD 3
Sumeto 3a Suzan, Dmom Bonnie, Tony
Wildl1021 2a Ellen, DH Mike
Maza 2a Maria, DH David
OKrayslovedisney 2a Sue, DH Tom
Msammon 2a 2c DW, DH, DD, DD
Tigger2on 1a 3c Suzanne, DD 8, DS 6, DS 4
Saracat 2a Sara, DH Terry
cabinfever2013 1a 3c Sarah, DD 8, DS 6, DD 3
Belle2011 Elodie, DH Franck, DD 5, DD2
snowhite7 Loretta
goofynewfie. 2a Chris, DW Kim
nancyelew. 2a 1c nancy, DH Jon, DS 4
nancyelew 1a Robert
nancyelew 2a Kate, mike

Would anyone be intersted in a running club during this cruise? I was in charge of it on the EBPC. We meet the first morning and I passed out running logs for everyone. We meet in the mornings on deck 4 for our walk/run and those that wanted to do their workouts at a later time could and just filled out the log on their own. At the end of the cruise, I handed out certificated for those who hit a half marathon, marathon or ultra marathon while on board!

Let me know if there is any intersted. It looks like we will be joining you (DH too!)

im hoping to get the running bug, my new year resolution was to up my exercise, plus my sister in law is turning 40 and she is trying to get as many people to sign up for half marathon in october.

so if i do start i will definately sign up as that would be my motivator/kick up the butt i need to keep it up ::yes::

went to a family indoor fun area today, oh my (x*&%*$) i flew off a
slide, landed right on my coccyx, im sure its fractured, i cant move:scratchin

thats what the big kid inside me gets:clown:

Yowie! I had coccydynia back when I was pg. You gotta buy the pillow that looks like a wedge of cheese with a U cut out on the fat side. Don't get the donut pillow. My butt feels your pain!

Binkytell, gentle hugs to you :hug:

I'd be interested! I tried running on the Wonder on our first cruise and it hurt my knees something awful. Our second cruise I made sure to walk two miles a day and hit the gym. Name the time and I'll be there :thumbsup2

WVURunner said:

My DB would be really interested in that :)

NancyIL said:
If DCL is looking at a 6-week dry dock for the Wonder in Europe, they wouldn't begin it in early August.

Princess and Royal Caribbean have had major dry docks of some of their ships in Victoria, BC.

I'm from the UK so Europe isn't that bad to travel too - even for 3 nights. So would rather the Wonder be over here as I would have already been on the Magic. Although I wouldn't have the holiday days for it - I already have a US road trip booked for 2014 and we are planning for Tokyo Disneyland which excites us more then another Disney cruise for now! :)

Are you sure? DCL told us that they are transporting from Bush only????? That was the only reason we booked a flight on United instead of Southwest!

Our travel agent called DCL and confirmed that they are running transportation from Hobby through our Transatlantic cruise. They asked for our flight information, and our reservation has our transportation listed from Hobby.

Besides limos.com, does anyone have a recommendation for transportation from IAH? We are a party of 6, so private works best.

Never been before. The truth be the Caribbean, Alaska and Mexican Rivera are the only cruise destinations out of the 20 or so we have done. Everything you can advise us about would be great. We are flying right to London after the cruise and spending 2 nights.

Hey gonecrusin, sorry for the late reply. Been out of commission travelling and got back just before a 2 day blizzard that knocked out power.

I'm a Canadian that's been travelling back and forth to London for about 6 months now for work. There's lots of stuff to do. With 2 days, you're going to have to really get choosy to decide what to do. Do you want to see museums, castles, trendy stuff, etc. I've been to many of the museums and quite a few of the in-town touristy things.

I know nothing about your likes and dislikes, but if I knew what I knew now but had never been to London, I would do 1 day of hop-on-hop-off bus (Original Tours?) and one country-side tour (Premier Tours). I'd probably do the windsor castle/stonehenge tour. It's so easy to walk around London but the hop-on/hop-off will give you good narration. And here's a tip for that - if you're not getting a good narration, hop off and hop on the very next bus. I'd say about 2/3 of the guides are good.

My wife's never been to London so this is approximately what we are going to do. We have 1 extra day than you.

But if you want to know more about the trainride straight or thru the Alphes let me know and i will check it for you!!

I don't mind doing my own research but I keep getting stuck trying to find the right website. There are so many resellers or something.

Can you point me in the direction of the best website to use?

Small seats are the worst! I flew a domestic flight (in China) on ChinaAir once and it was HORRIBLE. I couldn’t even get into the seat. I am tall for a female (6’) and while I am not huge, I am an engineer and not a model for a reason! I couldn’t get into the seat in either direction. Worst two hour flight ever. The seats were just not meant for someone my size. Lesson learned, the rest of my flights, I flew first class. I could not have survived that way on an international flight. Thanks for the tip, I will try and avoid SAS.

I'll second SAS having small seats. I had to fly in Europe on them once and when I tried to sit down, my knees hit the seat in front before my butt hit the seat. That was a bad 6 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter