May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What excursions are those of you with kids planning on in Portugal and UK? My dd is 9. Thanks!

Last time we used Daniel Taxi (Madeira) and a private tour (Gibraltar) for our family. Of course our kiddos then were ages 5 and 15 months at that time, but for a 9 year old I would suspect they would also be enjoyable and beneficial for the family.

Because of the second half of this vacation we are taking it easy on the ports on this EBTA cruise. Hoping to stick around town for both Madeira and Gibraltar as we didn't spend much time in the "town" areas in 2011.

Sorry for any confusion --- I was trying to answer Queenbee's question about flights and Paris afterwards. I should've hit that quote button before replying to avoid confusion.

I think I recall a while back in the thread you ladies heading to Paris - glad it is going to work out for you! :goodvibes

no worries - actually you got me thinking - so I rechecked Icelandic Air - they are using a co-chair to do the flights from Barcelona. British Air, so the flight leaves at night and stays overnight somewhere, then arrived the next morning in Paris. Easy Jet is still the best bet for us.

However, since we are now on Southwest in the states for our first leg (2 checked bags) and Icelandic Air has 2 checked bags, now I am looking to purchase more checked kilos. Yea, more money, but a lot less stress to use our regular bags instead of duffel bags.

Do you know anyone that has flown with Iceland Air? Read any reviews? I was wondering how their service/flight was. thanks!

I researched it when looking for myself this summer. As a former airline employee and hubby still is, we tend to look at the safety first. We had found a great deal on Turkish Air, but I recall checking them out and immediately taking them off the possible list. He knew it before I even had to research that one.

no worries - actually you got me thinking - so I rechecked Icelandic Air - they are using a co-chair to do the flights from Barcelona. British Air, so the flight leaves at night and stays overnight somewhere, then arrived the next morning in Paris. Easy Jet is still the best bet for us.

However, since we are now on Southwest in the states for our first leg (2 checked bags) and Icelandic Air has 2 checked bags, now I am looking to purchase more checked kilos. Yea, more money, but a lot less stress to use our regular bags instead of duffel bags.

Oh, the joys of the multiple modes of transportation ;) I'm still needing to look at Italian trains to figure out that baggage post-cruise. We'll have Southwest Air to Houston and Iceland Air / US Air codeshare home, but trains in the middle somewhere. But surely if we only pack for 7 nights and do laundry we'll be fine. I do good enough keeping up with the kids. Hubby has been put in charge of keeping up with his mother.

Last year, we flew to and from Switzerland on Easy Jet. Cayla is correct -- they are very strict about carry-on and checked luggage. But as long as you follow the rules, you'll be okay.

Woody

We flew glasgow to Paris to Barcelona for the 2011 wbta, in glasgow they did not check our carryons but Paris oh my they checked that every single persons carryon bag fitted into the stand with the required measurements. I was stressing big time as our bags were well over, with a 9 month old baby though we lucked out and she started screaming and we got swept along with thank you and Cheerio lol

We are planning on joining the FE as well. Please let me know when the final day is to sign up.

For those of you that have been on this cruise before, what is the weather supposed to be like? Both on the cruise and off in Europe?

. . . I was stressing big time as our bags were well over, with a 9 month old baby though we lucked out and she started screaming and we got swept along with thank you and Cheerio lol
Too funny!

One time we were in line to board Easy Jet, and the gate attendant started making everyone put their carry-on into the luggage stand right before boarding. I've never seen so many people get out of line to try to repack their stuff.

Woody

I haven't had time to read thru this thread but who is planning on Paris or London?
At first we thought we would do a combo but decided we would be rushing both. My little girl has been dying to go to Paris, but I really want to do London. I do think if we add the extra week Paris will win out. For those of you that have been to both, which did you prefer? We do want at least one day in DLParis but don't want to spend alot of time there.

. . . Paris or London?

. . . For those of you that have been to both, which did you prefer?
I've done both many, many times. I prefer Paris. That said, London is much easier for a first timer.

I see you're from Louisiana. If you speak French, that's helpful for Paris.

Woody

I haven't had time to read thru this thread but who is planning on Paris or London?
At first we thought we would do a combo but decided we would be rushing both. My little girl has been dying to go to Paris, but I really want to do London. I do think if we add the extra week Paris will win out. For those of you that have been to both, which did you prefer? We do want at least one day in DLParis but don't want to spend alot of time there.

I love going to London but I love Paris even more, we took my daughter when she was 6 and 9 and she loves it too, but then we are from UK so maybe the different culture appeals to us more when on vacation. although a cospomolitan city, London can be very much home away from home for us. In Paris I love nothing more than sitting outside a cafe, people watching, listening to the romantic accent of the French men [even if they are saying I stink] :lmao: and drinking lots of coffee and wine :thumbsup2

Thank you Sarah - this helps at least we can get started! We are on the give to all list - split or not.

I agree about the first post - maybe you should be the one to start the next thread - I am sure we are getting close!

Can you please post the number of each gender of adults and kids at some point

Cayla

Will have this up on the boards for you by the weekend, on my to do list, now xmas and 3 kids birthdays are out of the way, I'm here for the duration of the countdown to our departure date:cool1:

We LOVE Paris. :lovestruc
Having had the pleasure of spending several vacations (and business trips) in both, we would choose Paris every time. It has the feel of a walkable village with an excellent transportation system, with Metro locations within a very few blocks of each other. London feels much more spread out and the tube stations are many blocks apart oftentimes.

I've sent pm's to both lysand and berries97 to see if they are still organising the activities they volunteered for as Both have not been active on dis for quite a few months.

Bradbrad25 I've searched for but that name is not recognised, is this you or is the name wrong, please get back to us please.:wave2:

While I've enjoyed visiting Edinburgh (which has some of the longest days I've ever experienced and friendliest people I've ever met), the military tattoo is still on my bucket list.

Woody

Although Ive lived in glasgow for 21 years, I'm originally from Middlesbrough a small industrial town In northeast of England, much like Springfield in the simpsons:rotfl2:. I've never been to the tattoo although we arranged a reunion meet with now friends we made on the 2011 wbta to go last year, unfortunately I didn't make it due to no childcare but my husband and daughter went, hi dawn and Steve :wave2:

Does anyone know the charge per bag on Easy Jet?

I have a feeling we will do Paris if we add on. It's not like I don't want to go there. But I love all things royal and want to see castles and tower of London. We figure we will end up there at some point and can do it right instead of rushing it.

I've sent pm's to both lysand and berries97 to see if they are still organising the activities they volunteered for as Both have not been active on dis for quite a few months.

Bradbrad25 I've searched for but that name is not recognised, is this you or is the name wrong, please get back to us please.:wave2:

Thank you for all your hard work following up with this!! :thumbsup2

I've never been to the tattoo although we arranged a reunion meet with now friends we made on the 2011 wbta to go last year, unfortunately I didn't make it due to no childcare but my husband and daughter went, hi dawn and Steve :wave2:

I must admit I had to look up what a "tattoo" was when you guys were discussing it a while back. I figured out it wasn't something from the show "Inked"... :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter