May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dance3:
So excited!! I am having such a hard time not spilling the beans to my Mom. She doesn't know about the cruises yet.:thumbsup2 I have to keep my mouth shut:chat: till Christmas.:santa:

Congrats!! :) If you are still looking for a hotel in Galveston for pre-cruise, check out my info at the top of this page! :goodvibes

Tink -

I just checked rates online again --- by comparison:

Our group rate at Tremont for King, Queen, or 2 Queen is $209
Online at wyndham.com it is $260 for 2 Queen or King.
Quite the savings to book as a group.
Both above rates quoted above are nonrefundable.
We need a minimum of 8 rooms on Friday night to make the group rate work.

Sidenote:
If we end up having 10 interested, I can submit for 10 and we are guaranteed that rate for 10 rooms --- but MUST have the number I submit for. We can do 8 minimum, and rooms past that are based on availability, which they said could increase in price later. That's why the need to know for sure how many to secure in our group rate. :thumbsup2

Mandy, that is an amazing deal. I wish we were flying in earlier to take advantage of it. Unfortunately, we won't be getting in until around 10:00pm so it makes more sense to stay at the airport Marriott.

Ok, it's been a few years for me so my info might be out of date regarding the pins but I was a little disappointed with the selection of pins - it was a standing carousel and a few more on another stand in the shop if I remember correctly. There is also a portable trolley they have out in the evenings for trading and buying and of course there is an organised Officers Pin trading night too. The CMS in the shops were trading lanyards too.

Perhaps we could organise a trading session amongst us too?

Thanks very much Sara, I think that is a great idea to organise a trading session amongst us as well - I will ask for it to be added to the website and get a poll running to gauge interest.

I personally cannot wait for the TA pin, I am so excited for it! :)

Thanks very much for the group rate info all. We have just literally booked flights tonight, got a very decent price from the UK to Houston so very happy. We added a hotel to our flights and got a very good price on that as well, so we will leave the group rate for others!

Thanks so much for sharing the info though :)

I found a decent priced flight, but I am not sure how it will work. i would take a flight on one airline change planes (same airline) then one more stop to get home but it is a different airline. So when I check in of the first leg, does my luggage get checked it to the destination (Home) or do i need to collect my bags and recheck in to the final leg as it is a different airline? I just need to know so I know if I'll have enough time between flights (legs#2&3) if I need to recheck in.
Thanks in advance.:confused3

I found a decent priced flight, but I am not sure how it will work. i would take a flight on one airline change planes (same airline) then one more stop to get home but it is a different airline. So when I check in of the first leg, does my luggage get checked it to the destination (Home) or do i need to collect my bags and recheck in to the final leg as it is a different airline? I just need to know so I know if I'll have enough time between flights (legs#2&3) if I need to recheck in.

You'll need to collect your bags and recheck them for the final leg.

It depends whether the two airlines have an alliance or not. Which two are they?

It depends whether the two airlines have an alliance or not. Which two are they?
Are Lingus and JetBlue. I found they have an alliance! So we will see.
Thanks, I didn't know what to look for! SoI booked it.:cheer2:

Hi all!

I am pin collector, and was just wondering what the pin selection is like onboard? Is there a huge variety?

Also, I need one of those pin books, do they sell those onboard? I want the proper book, not the sort of zipped folder I've seen in other places..

Welcome to all new cruisers, and have a great rest of the weekend everyone :-)
I suggest u purchase your pin book online - since there is a very small selection on board usually. (last time I was on the Magic - this past spring) they had only 3 books (not three types, three books of one type). The ones online have a better selection and you can get park merchandise this way.

there are officer trading nights, but no organized pin trading events on board. During the Hawaii cruise I organized one - but had a very small turnout - remember the weight of pins if kinda a problem to those of us flying home!

Cayla

Boy oh boy...

JetBlue posted their airfares out through our travel home date on Sunday. So, come Monday we booked our flight to Galveston. Well, not 5 hours later, my college FINALLY decided on the date of the graduation ceremony. They have NEVER done it on a Friday before, so I figured we were safe...nope. We had a 2pm flight from JFK to HOU, well, the graduation is in East Rutherford, NJ at 10am. The Masters graduates won't walk until almost 2pm - no way were we going to make the 11am flight.

My wonderful Fiance tackled this - called JetBlue and explained - they moved us to the 8pm flight!!! At no cost!!

I managed to get Enterprise worked out - so we are all set!!

Now - if ANYONE knows of a store that sells wine in Texas City or Galveston (Specs has one lousy Riesling listed...a sad thing for sure) that sells a good selection of white wines I would love to know the name!

We have a reservation in Texas City for Friday night (by the time we get there it will be almost 2am) so we have to buy our wine the next morning.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Cayla

. . . We had a 2pm flight from JFK to HOU, well, the graduation is in East Rutherford, NJ at 10am. The Masters graduates won't walk until almost 2pm - no way were we going to make the 11am flight.

My wonderful Fiance tackled this - called JetBlue and explained - they moved us to the 8pm flight!!! At no cost!!
Glad it worked out.

Woody

We've officially booked our first transatlantic cruise and this will be the first cruise for everyone except me. I took a short one before on a different cruise line.. So first Disney cruise for all of us.

I don't have a clue what to expect and I think I am attempting to achieve something grandiose and not sure I'm up to it. :) I'm planning on disembarking at Barcelona and then spend nearly two months marching across Europe. We did 3 weeks in Europe before when the kids were smaller and my daughter has been requesting to go back ever since. I still have NO idea how we're getting home, :rotfl2:, and it's all a complete surprise for the kids.

My oldest dd graduates high school this spring and we're headed straight to board this cruise and make our way to Europe. We're also attempting to get my husband retired from the military in the month the cruise is set to sail. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a stressful event!

I would love any advice on what to expect from this cruise from those of you have done this before. I have seen lots of good advice about the ports of call and needing to bring cash. I also see things like fish extenders and magnets and don't think I completely understand these concepts yet.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Cassandra
Ben
Grandma Lou
Carissa 18
Caitlin 15
Chloe 10

Super excited to be going again... went on 1st one 2007 super fun.....have lots of us going fam and friends......twins 11 year olds (time of sailing) We are looking at going to Paris and doing Disneyland...Anyone else???? Looking to find cheapest way there....train Im sure but didnt know if anyone had found something???? Will check in for fish extenders and all activities, best trip ever....princess:

Super excited to be going again... went on 1st one 2007 super fun.....have lots of us going fam and friends......twins 11 year olds (time of sailing) We are looking at going to Paris and doing Disneyland...Anyone else???? Looking to find cheapest way there....train Im sure but didnt know if anyone had found something???? Will check in for fish extenders and all activities, best trip ever....princess:

It's folks like you who have done the TA before who really have us psyched about doing one!

Thanks! We're staying on the ship to do a Med cruise, can't help with your planning.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Welcome Eeyore's Tiara.

Congratz on your first transatlantic. It's mine as well but I have done Disney once before for a 3 day - long enough to get hooked.

There is really quite a lot to absorb. I have tried to fill some things out on our website which I see you found because I got your note about Roll Call and have you added. If you do have some particular questions, feel free to post them here and I'm sure someone will answer them. I may even try to take some of your Q&A and move to the website for others.

As for Fish Extenders, the web page explains but it's pretty simple (probably hard for the organizer, but pretty easy for us participators. :) ). Disney boats have a hanger hanging from beside your stateroom door. It's more typically for Disney to hang mail from. The hanger is a fish! What we do is hang an "extender" (hence the fish extender) from it that can hold little gifts we exchange. The gifts can be anything. Many people try to do little crafty Disney/Cruise themed things.

Hope that helps, looking forward to meeting y'all. :cool1:

Tink1987, I might have missed it, but it looks like you'd like me to add a Pin trading event to the website and set up a poll.

Adding the event will just take a second and will be done right after this post. The survey will take me a little longer which means I probably can't get to it until Wed/Thurs. I've got to pack and fly out late this eve for London and then prep for some meetings. But, no problem. I'll get to it then.

This is getting pretty exciting. And I'm so gonna need a vacation by the time the cruise rolls around. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter