May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked! We are a family of four, a boy and a girl (b-5) (g-10) and we are from Gilbert, Arizona. So excited. I've been wanting to take this trip for awhile. I fly for Southwest Airlines, any other airline people traveling?

UGH!!!

So, we are now booked on Air Tran out of Phili....via Chicago, landing 15 minutes later than the Jet Blue flight...we will be RUNNING to get the car (pickup has to be before 1am - we land at 12:15)

Cayla

Are you on Airtran or Southwest out of PHL? We are looking to fly Southwest via MDW that gets into HOU at 12:15AM Saturday. We might be on the same flight.

I can't help you with the airport questions as I have never been to HOU but I have heard it is a small airport and from my travel experiances, most rental places will stay open if your flight is delayed. I travel a lot for work and my flights has been delayed past their closing times before and they always have stayed open for me. Either for off-site pick up or onsite. They have my flight info in advance and know what flights they are waiting on.

Are you on Airtran or Southwest out of PHL? We are looking to fly Southwest via MDW that gets into HOU at 12:15AM Saturday. We might be on the same flight.

I can't help you with the airport questions as I have never been to HOU but I have heard it is a small airport and from my travel experiances, most rental places will stay open if your flight is delayed. I travel a lot for work and my flights has been delayed past their closing times before and they always have stayed open for me. Either for off-site pick up or onsite. They have my flight info in advance and know what flights they are waiting on.

yep seems like we are...whew, that is good info! Thanks for that!

What do you think some of the don't miss things are? If we stay in Kensington is it easy to get around?

I am not from London but have visited five times and have played tourist every trip as I am always traveling with people who have never been. I stay with friends so I can't comment on the hotels but can offer some of my must-do's! Also, I LOVE the tube. It is sooo easy to use and clean. You can get anywhere you need to get using it. Not sure how many days you will be there but my list includes:
British Museum-Roestta Stone is here
Buckingham Palace
Parliament/St. Stephen's Tower
Kensington Palace/Hyde Park
London Eye (Lots of money,though)
Tower Bridge
Tower of London
London Dungeon (if traveling with older kids)

Just booked! We are a family of four, a boy and a girl (b-5) (g-10) and we are from Gilbert, Arizona. So excited. I've been wanting to take this trip for awhile. I fly for Southwest Airlines, any other airline people traveling?

Only if you count those of us who love to fly Southwest. Disney is doing all our flights and hotels so I am hoping we will get on Southwest. If not we will probably ship luggage to Galveston.

padalyn said:
UGH!!!

Today is the day I am so upset with Jet Blue....they CANCELED my flight from JFK to HOU - the rebook was either too early in the day (I am graduating on the 17th and won't be done before 2pm - that flight was at 245 with over an hour drive!) The flight the next day lands after the rental car is due back....sigh.

So, we are now booked on Air Tran out of Phili....via Chicago, landing 15 minutes later than the Jet Blue flight...we will be RUNNING to get the car (pickup has to be before 1am - we land at 12:15)

So my question is this - for those who have flown into Hobby - where are the rental car desks in comparison to the luggage carousels? And from the gates? Should we split up? one for luggage one for car? so many questions - I hope all you guys can help!!!

Cayla

Don't worry I have been delayed until 3 am going into you and they have held the rental counter open. The only thing I would advise you is to call the rental car company and let them know you flight number, if delayed they will pull their list by that. The other is the 12:15 am is about the last flight of the day if you can divide and conquer may be easier to get car with one person and have other to get the luggage.

I have sent Sarah a PM as well and haven't heard from her yet.

I am also having trouble. I finally figured out that I sent the first message to myself and not Sarah. I am still waiting for her to reply to my second message. My biggest concern is that I did something wrong again and that she didn't get the second message either. This is all new to me.

We are heading to Paris :goodvibes after Barcelona :goodvibes and I was wondering if anyone has used a tour company or even a private tour that is reliable and cost effective for 4 people. :confused3 It will be me, DH, DD 13 and DS 11.

Anyone flying out of PHL on Friday afternoon? We almost always meet a DISer at the Southwest gate at PHL.
:cool1:

Steven

Only if you count those of us who love to fly Southwest. Disney is doing all our flights and hotels so I am hoping we will get on Southwest. If not we will probably ship luggage to Galveston.

Thanks so much for the compliment to my company! All of us employees still love to hear that people like flying on us. :) Good luck, I hope you get the flights and hotels you want!

I am not from London but have visited five times and have played tourist every trip as I am always traveling with people who have never been. I stay with friends so I can't comment on the hotels but can offer some of my must-do's! Also, I LOVE the tube. It is sooo easy to use and clean. You can get anywhere you need to get using it. Not sure how many days you will be there but my list includes:
British Museum-Roestta Stone is here
Buckingham Palace
Parliament/St. Stephen's Tower
Kensington Palace/Hyde Park
London Eye (Lots of money,though)
Tower Bridge
Tower of London
London Dungeon (if traveling with older kids)

Thanks! Lots of things to think about and research.

Welcome aboard!! :goodvibes I also just sent you a PM :thumbsup2

I can't remember if it's been mentioned on here... but the first Sunday of each month is "free museum day" for several museums in Barcelona (day after disembarkation). Thought I'd share in case you needed just one more thing to add your "must see" list while there!! You can google it to see several websites detailing which ones. :)

Awesome! Thanks Mandy!

I can't remember if it's been mentioned on here... but the first Sunday of each month is "free museum day" for several museums in Barcelona (day after disembarkation). Thought I'd share in case you needed just one more thing to add your "must see" list while there!! You can google it to see several websites detailing which ones. :)

Maza said:
I didn't mean 'bump' as in 'the posts' . I meant as in ' going back to work on two night shifts with very little sleep kind of bump'

Hahaha lol i thought you meant the same bump as Steven thought :-)

gonecrusin said:
What do you think some of the don't miss things are? If we stay in Kensington is it easy to get around?

Kensington is in Zone 1 of the London Underground so you are in the most central location. You can get anywhere really easily. The London Underground or 'tube' is clean, easy to use and I think cheap to be honest!

So in Kensington you are in museum central! You have Victoria & Albert's, the Natural History museum and the Science museum right there. You could spend a day and a half touring just those three! All of those 3 museums are free so a purse/wallet friendly option :)

As I said before you can get anywhere from Kensington easily. So you can get to the Tower if London which is another great day out, Buckingham Palace, which unfortunately won't be open for tours whilst you are there, the London Eye, Westminister/Houses of Parliament etc.

I can really recommend the Houses of Parliament tour, Tower of London and those three museums I mentioned. They will easily keep you entertained for a few days.

I can also recommend restaurants, snack places and other things if you wish? I don't know if you want to take a look at the Trip Advisor website top attractions for London and see if there is any place/attraction that catches your eye?

Or let me know if you are travelling with a partner or kids as well etc and I can have another think for you? Sorry I'm on my phone at the moment so can't see your other posts easily :)

I haven't even mentioned St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge, etc etc :)

UGH!!!

Today is the day I am so upset with Jet Blue....they CANCELED my flight from JFK to HOU - the rebook was either too early in the day (I am graduating on the 17th and won't be done before 2pm - that flight was at 245 with over an hour drive!) The flight the next day lands after the rental car is due back....sigh.

So my question is this - for those who have flown into Hobby - where are the rental car desks in comparison to the luggage carousels? And from the gates? Should we split up? one for luggage one for car? so many questions - I hope all you guys can help!!!

Cayla

I would have a back up plan for your car or a reservation at an airport hotel just in case. Air Tran seems to never be on time arriving or departing Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter