May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

Thanks for signing up!

You will love breakfast there. On our 7-nt in November when I took my 2 year old and my parents, they always ate at Topsiders (and would've skipped dinner if I wouldn't have coerced them to dine with us) but the little one and I ate breakfast at Lumiere's almost every day. Very helpful with children and ordering food. Never crowded.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hmhaase

hmhaase Earning My Ears

I am a former math teacher as well!! I taught middle school though! And I totally agree, no dumb questions!

4. hmhaase

hmhaase Earning My Ears

I just went on the magic over Christmas (awesome cruise), so I might be able to answer some things!

5. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Congrats!! And Happy B2B coming up!! :cheer2:

6. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Awesome!!! I actually taught both, but am more focused on high school math now with my tutoring, but loved loved loved middle school. I taught grades 6, 7, 8 but my favorite was 8th. Those kids are still "my kids"!

7. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

I think we are going to have to purchase new ones.... the current ones seem to be not stretching with the growth spurts! :scared:

8. Ladyshopper

Ladyshopper Mouseketeer

My son who is 15 did say he would come if he could wear his onesie........I told him they take up too much room packing, and the weather will (hopefully!) be too nice to require onesies!

For my daughters 14th birthday in November her and her friends went to the cinema in their onesies!

I would love one, but due to being a little bit porky I would look like some kind of overgrown oompa loompa, so have decided against it! :rotfl2:

9. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: Heck, I have a pic of the youngest and I up on deck as we sailed into somewhere -- still in my PJs. Thought I'd make a quick dash up there to see - so those PJs aren't limited to nice dining restaurants (just forewarning folks!)

10. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

K, I know it's been posted already, but we can give to everyone if we want, right? Not committing to that, but maybe we'll give something small to all cabins and kick it up a notch for our assigned ones!

11. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Our Target and Walmart have had some cute ones lately, but I know that doesn't help you in the UK!

12. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

Send a pm to you.

13. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Okay - a few of us are researching lanyards now and had a question about the name of the group. We will try to incorporate that into the lanyard as well as the insert that goes into the badge holder.

There was discussion about this recently as none of us could remember where the name came from or had it been decided on as a group.

Keep what is already in place? Choose a new one? Suggestions?

On a Magical Transatlantic Journey - current website name

Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas from Espana -- one I had placed on a tshirt graphic that got some comments

Other ideas?? :listen:

14. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

The other question on my mind...

Are people wanting the actual DIS lanyards and badge inserts?

Or just a DIS lanyard insert that would go into the badge of the silver/gold/platinum badge received at port? Since most will be receiving a lanyard at checkin, bringing their own from WDW with pins, etc?

The idea struck me when I saw we have so many platinum, etc - and the insert would still be identifiable as DIS (just put your room key behind it or add second badge holder from previous badges in your stash) but still help keep your DCL Castaway Club status visible (since someone mentioned crew notice that). I also noticed we have some who want lanyards but don't want to contribute $$ in the poll we took... so I thought I would throw out the idea of doing a badge insert only. Thoughts?

15. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I can't take credit for that - that was the lovely GoofyNewfie who wrote that when the PJ breakfast was first discussed a while back - I wish I was that witty :)

Of course you can - I understand some people may not want to wear PJ's - my DB think's it's hilarious!

Thank you :)

Same here! As dee slack has said there are some lovely ones at Asda and Tesco at the moment and Primark always have some lovely Disney ones!

I have just seen the Dumbo ones from Tesco - they are lovely!!! We may be clashing on the morning, I want so many pairs between Asda and Tesco! :rotfl:

I'm the same, but as soon as I get to know you I won't shut up. So that's something to look forward to for you all :rotfl:

That's nice that he wants to join up for it - I am so looking forward to it! :)

That would be hilarious! :)

Wooo hoo :yay:

I am struggling to find some for DB - I started looking last night! I can find plenty of Muppets ones for men though so he may end up with some Kermy ones, although I am hoping to find some Beaker ones because that is my nickname for him :)

16. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I am so rubbish with coming up with names like that, so sorry to back out on that decision but I really do think we should come up with a firm name :)

I also hope Valbob pops up again at some point :goodvibes

17. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Ditto! :goodvibes

18. kyra's mommy

kyra's mommy Mouseketeer

I am in total support of "Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas from Espana". I think that's really cute.

Can the rest of our cruisers please let your thoughts be known on picking a name?:listen: I'd love to hear what you all think and if you have any ideas too. :thumbsup2

19. binkytell

binkytell DIS Veteran

Of course, your rules!

I've heard of others not even signing up for fe but just handing out gifts for fun of giving a little bit of magic

20. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Haha - that was because I had time last summer when I created those. And I might have had a margarita in my hand. :rolleyes1 During the schoolyear I am just trying to keep my head above water! When I was thinking of what to put on those graphics last summer, the thought kept coming back to me that this was Disney's first transatlantic to depart from Texas, so incorporate that somehow. Seeing as how they have pulled out of Texas now at the end of 2013, it may be the only one for a while. And quite honestly, it's a hard sell because most people prefer wrapping a Disney cruise into a trip to the parks I think. So tying in Texas was what made it unique.

21. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

I'm wondering if that is too long on lanyards... character limitations... ? Some have been pretty stringent.

EBTA 2013 from Tejas to Espana = 30 characters including spaces

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.