May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've signed up, although think my two will either still be in bed or in Vibe!

Have never had breakfast in Lumineres, so that will be something new in itself. I am looking forward to being able to chat with people, as being a single parent and also quite shy I don't find it that easy. Difficult to be shy in pj's though!!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for signing up!

You will love breakfast there. On our 7-nt in November when I took my 2 year old and my parents, they always ate at Topsiders (and would've skipped dinner if I wouldn't have coerced them to dine with us) but the little one and I ate breakfast at Lumiere's almost every day. Very helpful with children and ordering food. Never crowded.

MandyGirl said:
From a former high school math teacher... there are NO dumb questions :thumbsup2

I have no clue on your answer though! I just started cruising Disney in 2011. Prior to having children, have to admit Disney was never on our radar screen

I am a former math teacher as well!! I taught middle school though! And I totally agree, no dumb questions!

Yvet said:
If i remember correct then there is somebody cruising from Galveston before the EBTA.

If this is correct then please let me know because i have some questions about stuff available on the Magic...

I just went on the magic over Christmas (awesome cruise), so I might be able to answer some things!

PIF earlier this week. All flight booked in both directions (LHR - DFW - IAH and BCN - LHR)

Oh well 8 days until my Dream B2B and the I can concentrate on counting down to EBTA.

Paul

Congrats!! And Happy B2B coming up!! :cheer2:

I am a former math teacher as well!! I taught middle school though! And I totally agree, no dumb questions!

Awesome!!! I actually taught both, but am more focused on high school math now with my tutoring, but loved loved loved middle school. I taught grades 6, 7, 8 but my favorite was 8th. Those kids are still "my kids"!

My girls don't have Disney jammies :p. They do have some from Gymbo. Maybe I'll search for some Disney ones.

:dance3: Looking forward to it. I just told DH that the girls and I would go, knowing that he would not be up for it, and he told me that he wants to join us! Very unexpected. So we'll be signing up.

I think we are going to have to purchase new ones.... the current ones seem to be not stretching with the growth spurts! :scared:

How about a tigger onesie from primark for all of us, now that would be some sight:rotfl:

My son who is 15 did say he would come if he could wear his onesie........I told him they take up too much room packing, and the weather will (hopefully!) be too nice to require onesies!

For my daughters 14th birthday in November her and her friends went to the cinema in their onesies!

I would love one, but due to being a little bit porky I would look like some kind of overgrown oompa loompa, so have decided against it! :rotfl2:

Do you think he is worried about the people your mixing with here on
The Dis, :rotfl2: that on our 1st sea day were all meeting in our pj's:scratchin

:rotfl2: Heck, I have a pic of the youngest and I up on deck as we sailed into somewhere -- still in my PJs. Thought I'd make a quick dash up there to see - so those PJs aren't limited to nice dining restaurants (just forewarning folks!)

Fish extender update

Cutoff date will be 6weeks prior to cruise embarkation, April 4th.

General consensus seemed to be around 15 to 20 cabins for each group
Would be manageable, so that's what I will work towards.

Sarah :thumbsup2

K, I know it's been posted already, but we can give to everyone if we want, right? Not committing to that, but maybe we'll give something small to all cabins and kick it up a notch for our assigned ones!

My son who is 15 did say he would come if he could wear his onesie........I told him they take up too much room packing, and the weather will (hopefully!) be too nice to require onesies!

For my daughters 14th birthday in November her and her friends went to the cinema in their onesies!

I would love one, but due to being a little bit porky I would look like some kind of overgrown oompa loompa, so have decided against it! :rotfl2:

Our Target and Walmart have had some cute ones lately, but I know that doesn't help you in the UK!

hmhaase said:
I just went on the magic over Christmas (awesome cruise), so I might be able to answer some things!

Send a pm to you.

Okay - a few of us are researching lanyards now and had a question about the name of the group. We will try to incorporate that into the lanyard as well as the insert that goes into the badge holder.

There was discussion about this recently as none of us could remember where the name came from or had it been decided on as a group.

Keep what is already in place? Choose a new one? Suggestions?

On a Magical Transatlantic Journey - current website name

Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas from Espana -- one I had placed on a tshirt graphic that got some comments

Other ideas?? :listen:

The other question on my mind...

Are people wanting the actual DIS lanyards and badge inserts?

Or just a DIS lanyard insert that would go into the badge of the silver/gold/platinum badge received at port? Since most will be receiving a lanyard at checkin, bringing their own from WDW with pins, etc?

The idea struck me when I saw we have so many platinum, etc - and the insert would still be identifiable as DIS (just put your room key behind it or add second badge holder from previous badges in your stash) but still help keep your DCL Castaway Club status visible (since someone mentioned crew notice that). I also noticed we have some who want lanyards but don't want to contribute $$ in the poll we took... so I thought I would throw out the idea of doing a badge insert only. Thoughts?

I love that you said "G-rated" :lmao:

I'm trying to decide if I'll go to that one. Are other kids coming? I could see my girls enjoying it, but I'm not sure if they'd be up for wearing their jammies while out and about.

Can we join you guys even if we aren't in jammies? We'd skip the picture. But I realize that I'm not sure I'd feel totally comfy wandering the ship in mine. (And they are definitely G-rated.)

I can't take credit for that - that was the lovely GoofyNewfie who wrote that when the PJ breakfast was first discussed a while back - I wish I was that witty :)

Of course you can - I understand some people may not want to wear PJ's - my DB think's it's hilarious!

Done. Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Thank you :)

We'll definitely be there! I do need to buy new PJs!

Same here! As dee slack has said there are some lovely ones at Asda and Tesco at the moment and Primark always have some lovely Disney ones!

I found some great value ones at Asda and Tesco, in fact spoiled for choice so need more than 1 pj Brekkie to wear them all!

I have just seen the Dumbo ones from Tesco - they are lovely!!! We may be clashing on the morning, I want so many pairs between Asda and Tesco! :rotfl:

I've signed up, although think my two will either still be in bed or in Vibe!

Have never had breakfast in Lumineres, so that will be something new in itself. I am looking forward to being able to chat with people, as being a single parent and also quite shy I don't find it that easy. Difficult to be shy in pj's though!!

I'm the same, but as soon as I get to know you I won't shut up. So that's something to look forward to for you all :rotfl:

My girls don't have Disney jammies :p. They do have some from Gymbo. Maybe I'll search for some Disney ones.

:dance3: Looking forward to it. I just told DH that the girls and I would go, knowing that he would not be up for it, and he told me that he wants to join us! Very unexpected. So we'll be signing up.

That's nice that he wants to join up for it - I am so looking forward to it! :)

How about a tigger onesie from primark for all of us, now that would be some sight:rotfl:

That would be hilarious! :)

Signed us up :cheer2:

Wooo hoo :yay:

Our Target and Walmart have had some cute ones lately, but I know that doesn't help you in the UK!

I am struggling to find some for DB - I started looking last night! I can find plenty of Muppets ones for men though so he may end up with some Kermy ones, although I am hoping to find some Beaker ones because that is my nickname for him :)

Okay - a few of us are researching lanyards now and had a question about the name of the group. We will try to incorporate that into the lanyard as well as the insert that goes into the badge holder.

There was discussion about this recently as none of us could remember where the name came from or had it been decided on as a group.

Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas from Espana -- one I had placed on a tshirt graphic that got some comments

I am so rubbish with coming up with names like that, so sorry to back out on that decision but I really do think we should come up with a firm name :)

I also hope Valbob pops up again at some point :goodvibes

I am in total support of "Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas from Espana". I think that's really cute.

Can the rest of our cruisers please let your thoughts be known on picking a name?:listen: I'd love to hear what you all think and if you have any ideas too. :thumbsup2

K, I know it's been posted already, but we can give to everyone if we want, right? Not committing to that, but maybe we'll give something small to all cabins and kick it up a notch for our assigned ones!

Of course, your rules!

I've heard of others not even signing up for fe but just handing out gifts for fun of giving a little bit of magic

I am in total support of "Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas from Espana". I think that's really cute.

Can the rest of our cruisers please let your thoughts be known on picking a name?:listen: I'd love to hear what you all think and if you have any ideas too. :thumbsup2

Haha - that was because I had time last summer when I created those. And I might have had a margarita in my hand. :rolleyes1 During the schoolyear I am just trying to keep my head above water! When I was thinking of what to put on those graphics last summer, the thought kept coming back to me that this was Disney's first transatlantic to depart from Texas, so incorporate that somehow. Seeing as how they have pulled out of Texas now at the end of 2013, it may be the only one for a while. And quite honestly, it's a hard sell because most people prefer wrapping a Disney cruise into a trip to the parks I think. So tying in Texas was what made it unique.

I'm wondering if that is too long on lanyards... character limitations... ? Some have been pretty stringent.

EBTA 2013 from Tejas to Espana = 30 characters including spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter