May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Pinapalooza idea. I have a 7 year old pin-trading-aholic (is there a meeting for that?) He will spend as much time as we let him trading in the stores, those poor CMs. We're a little worried that our favorite CM, the manager Mary Jo from Canada, left DCL and won't be on the cruise.

I also need to buy some more pins for this trip, what are my chances of finding the site posted pages back? I'd also like the ebay person too, I think I've bought from kingpins.

The poor CM's...my 7 year olds are the same way!!! They just LOVE it!:love: Anyways, we buy our pins from Gary in MS through www.mousepinsonline.com. For February they're $1.75 for the grab bag or $2.00 per pin you pick! And shipping is very inexpensive! I've found it cheaper through him than e-bay!!! Best of luck to you!! And I'm sure we'll see each other as we're waiting on our kids to find that "perfect" pin!!

I looked for the Navigators from the last repo cruise and have not been able to find them.

As this is a longer than typical cruise, anyone have any idea what the entertainment will be?

Top of the the shipboard page, on the website, for a link to the folder, then the files are Panama 1 and 2.

Pj

all these Mexican dresses are like Mumus........and then the tops are paper thin!

If mine fits by then,
it shrunk you know, like Dr. Hug said, but it might stretch, well, it might.....

anyway, if it fits, I will wear a slip underneath.

Jan :earsgirl:

Jill, I live in Canada, so even though our dollars are even and have been for almost a year now, stores, that have locations in the US and Canada, in Canada are still charging more for the same products then they are in the states. So on some things I wait for a trip to the states to shop.

Pj

I am sure with the number of children in this Dis group that there are going to be more onboard than the last WB in 05.

Typical....around 900 or so.
High....around 1300 or so
Low....around 300 or so on the longer cruises during school.

On both the Westbound PC (May 2005) and the Eastbound Med (May 2007) and the 11 night Wonder (Sept. 2006), there were around 325 kids or so.

I would think this cruise there will be more than 325, however, I would be really surprised if the number is over 500.

There were hardly any teenagers on board as they were all still in high school. A few more junior high age, but mostly young children that could miss school or toddlers that weren't in school at all.

I know the teenager number was wonderful, because they were always up in the club and they became very close and we didn't see alot of them (which was very nice compared to 1300 kids and the kids riding wheelchairs down the staircases at midnight, running and screaming down the halls, kicking soccer balls into the murals at the elevators at deck 6 midship, etc.). They actually on the cruises weve been on closed the doors and locked them behind the elevators on deck 6 at night because the boys would sit and look up the girls dresses as they rode the elevators!

Anyway, because there are so few kids on board, we will most likely also get to have scheduled "adult" time in the Oceaneer Lab so we can make Flubber, draw pictures, paint the gel pictures with characters and do the scientist thing with the clothes washer soap.

Okay, that's my thoughts!

V- What is the matter with you??? I am next in line after you....you are always so far ahead of me.....

Nan, only a few more posts and you will in first place again!!:lmao:

HollyTyler 283
MrsMork 237
nskjerven 228
granmaz 209
Jhalkias 161
Mom323 154
Making_Memories 146
lillygator 134
disneylover5 116
JLSE50 96
EllaEnchanted 79
pjpoohbear 79
ibouncetoo 70
LisaG520 70
Tink rules 69
scottishwee35 69
LiserAnn 67
mishoe01 65
gaylean93 60
gydell 56
taysmom 48
fourmcds 43
MouseFaninQueue 41
chip&dale&fun 41
pahrumpgirl 38
GatorFamily 38
woody73 38
tink1963 37
DrHug 36
nanatink 35
mom_of_2_princesses 35
TADsMommy 34
Tigger1221 34
readyalready 32
tigger137 32
been2marceline 29
txSleepingBeauty 26
katypop 26
KrisannB 25
amesmom 24
kimerinc 23
figment52 22
seaulater 22
eeyorelvr10 20
Ginamarie 20
threebritts 18
luv2cruzsus 17
Tracyvp 14
iankh 13
milestogo 13
txtwins2000 13
DisneyRN1 11
calmom 11
umber 11
txaggie94gigem 11
CruzDirectorKaren 10
IAmAHiddenMickey 8
ragdoll 8
onekindman 7
bonnielynn 7
CameronsDad 5
lbgraves 5
mommyto3princesses 5
SuzieDizney 4
Sailingpartyof10 4
lovebeast 4
Pennyguy23 3
CBEB 3
tom31b 3
scillacc 2
ChrisStef 2
rufustee 2
ozdisneyfan 2
figment795 2
Joan1 2
surf2di4 2
mexican-mouseketeers 2
MrsScooby 2
kpros 2
Kulkatt 2
micmse2003 2
Eeyore1928 2
Bobbybear68 1
minnieandmickey 1
tink,too 1
mhelsley 1
littleaussie 1
cupcake 1
hawkaye19 1
hericane ally 1
WDWLVR 1
sandiedvc 1
PiratePoint 1

what's sad about this is that someone who isn't (unfortunately) going on this cruise talks more than I do!!:-)flower3: Karen) I need to start thinking of things to say....

Goodmorning everyone...
is everyone asleep? I guess it is one of those good lazy Sunday's....it is gorgeous here. John is out watering and the girls are on the couch watching tv.
I'm awake. Bubba is still sleeping, he sleeps late on the weekend. Glad to hear you weather is gorgeous. Ours is not to bad actually. 48 degrees with partly cloudy skies.
Got the kitchen all cleaned up this morning (at the crack of dawn), so I think I'll go mess it up and make a ham and cheese omlette....oh, and I have one leftover KFC bisuit to go with it....yummmmmmmmm.....

Oh, I have to get off my rear and clean my kitchen too. But KFC, Oh how I miss eating there. I LOVE KFC. but I can't stop at just one piece.

My mom's license is up this summer at 81. She has agreed to not renew it. I have to say that I'm a bit mad at my sisters because they sometimes have her drive to them. So stupid. Paul and I agree NEVER will she drive to us or with us. We just drive her. She also has a driver at the place she lives, we just have to set up the service for her. But that is easier said than done, of course, she is old and set in her ways. She needs her Starbucks!!!

I'm not sure that there is a specific age though. My mom is 82, still drives a few miles from where she lives. She is very active still though, mows her own yard, babysits for my nieces very active 1 yo for a couple of hours at a time, etc. She lives 2 hours from us and it has been several years since she has driven here. Mid 70s she was uncomfortable driving in heavy traffic thru Portland and on roads she was not familiar with. She now takes Amtrak when she wants to visit us. But, I don't feel uncomfortable with her driving the couple of miles to the Dr. or to Walmart. She still sees fine and is mentally able to make quick decisions. She voluntarily stopped driving here though, so I hope that when the time does come that she will voluntarily stop driving at all.

all these Mexican dresses are like Mumus........and then the tops are paper thin!

Well, hopefully he's not having one of his "off" days. But for now, he's looking forward to helping deliver! Kids love helping and feeling like they have an important job. :thumbsup2

He also had plenty of time to plan for this and look forward to it. :cool1: It will not be a surprise. If he sees pictures on the SHIP OF THIEVES site of the people he will be helping that will add to his comfort level. Tyler sounds like the kind of person who does not do well with surprises. He likes to plan things, to coordinate, to help, to do them, but not to receive surprises. A lot of his life at school includes being surprised by actions, sounds, instructions, changes of plan, etc. This will be right up his alley! :thumbsup2

Goodmorning all, We've had a very long week with company, v-day party, kinder testing. So, I've been off the boards. One more testing date and a much quieter week. All this snow talk is making me cold.

We are so loving the little Smart Car that should be selling here in the US any day now!

How long have you had one of the smart cars? We're very interested in this.

Confession time about "Friends of Bill W". I went on my first DCL cruise with my sister. We kept seeing the Friends of Bill W meetings in the Navigator and kept commenting on how there must be some kind of reunion group on board. We even joked about wanting to crash the party some morning to see what it was all about. Wouldn't we have gotten a surprise. It wasn't until I got home that my DH just gave me that "duh" look and said that's AA. I can just imagine any fellow passengers who overheard my sister and I and thought what a couple of nitwits. :sad2:

This cracked me up, but it is not the first time we've heard it and not the last time! Here's a little info about the seceret club:
Bill W. is the co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA.) The W. is his initial for his last name because it is anonymous. When AA began in 1935, it began as a small group of friends of Bill W. and a doctor named Dr. Bob Smith. The phrase "Friends of Bill W." is a code for Alcoholics Anonymous, so that alcoholics can find a meeting everyday anywhere in the world. It is a mutual support group, so it doesn't mean that the people attending may be in trouble on the cruise, it is so that people can find each other to maintain their sobriety and help others. However, if someone did need help or realized they were in trouble they would find a welcome chair in that meeting. On the Disney cruise you don't see a lot of drunken mayhem, which is one reason why it is so popular. Disney should be and is praised for their very impressive acknowledgment of the need for these meetings helping thousands each year. I hope that answers your confusion. I'm sure that many people look at this and think wow Bill W. is popular, I should go see who he is and get to know him too... just don't bring a cocktail to the party.

If you happen to have any extra maps of the theme parks could you please bring them to me on the ship so I won't be so lost. I'm only going to be there for a couple of days and I will be trying to get in as much as we can. I do not need maps of Disney World, been there many times. Also has anyone ever been on one of the Hollywood tours?

I have a million of the maps and schedules, PM your address and I'll pop some in the mail.

I LOVE this idea! Unfortunately my dd (13) isn't into charm bracelets at all. I'd love to do something like this for my ds (16)also. Anyone have any other fun ideas for something "collectible" that we could arrange to magically appear on their pillows each night of the cruise?

I love this idea! We've done similar like a new pin or small Stitch that Lilo told us to give her.

It's amazing we all eat at the same places!

I'm thinking Olive Garden tomorrow. Anyone else?

There is a steak house here in town that just opened not too long ago. It is called the 10 Dollar Grill. We went last night for the first time and were VERY pleasantly surprised. They had a 8 oz ribeye served with potato, veggies and a dark bread that was excellent!! The veggies which were fresh green and yellow beans and carrots were cooked perfectly and seasoned with just a touch of garlic. The potatos were mashed baby reds and excellent. The ribeye was cooked perfectly, and it is hard to get a thin steak just right. The 8 oz size was perfect. With a glass of Rex Hill Pinot Noir it was a perfect size meal. We were satisfied but not stuffed. The wine cost as much as the meal! :) We decided we definately will go back! I was really surprised to see ribeye on the menu. I thought for 10 bucks it would be sirloin at best! They had several choices but when I saw my ribeye I stopped reading the menu! :goodvibes

good idea, but Tyler and Wilson have styling new duds already...Also I think Dr. Hug is a bit of tongue in cheek, they didn't shrink he grew :scared1:

:lmao: :lmao: Oh please do not tell HIM this! He thinks he still wears a size 32 waist pants, just like when he got out of the Army! :lmao: :lmao:

Yea, it looks like I have my car taken care of. Another disser and I will share a car to the port and they will stop for groceries. YEA YEA YEA!
I still haven't found discounted 2 day tix to wdw, most of the sites charge MORE for 2 days than the park does. So I guess I'll be ordering them from the disney site.
V- I feel your pain buying a car....lemme tell you this, I bought my volvo s60 from the dealer, but it was a loaner car. It had 7k miles on it and was marked down 15k from the msrp. I blue booked it and it was worth more than what they wanted for it. Have you thought of that? The reassuring thing was since it was a loaner car they really kept it up. They like you to drive a nice car.(wanting you to want that next time). I was torn between the pilot and the volvo. I chose the volvo because all of the service was included until you hit 60k and they have loaner cars for you to drive. Honda offered me NOTHING. And I loved hondas. My last car was an accord and it was 10 years old! Only thing I ever did was oil/brakes/tires. Of course, the engine finally gave out after 10 years. BUT that was good for me!
Good luck in your search. I wouldn't go the minivan route either...

BTW...Patti Lupone is amazing, but Madonna can sing...seen her 7 times in concert and she's amazing! Hard core madonna fan here...she was the first concert I ever went to at 16!

Jill, I live in Canada, so even though our dollars are even and have been for almost a year now, stores, that have locations in the US and Canada, in Canada are still charging more for the same products then they are in the states. So on some things I wait for a trip to the states to shop.

Pj

Oh thanks. I forgot you lived in Canada. I was getting very excited about cheaper cocs.:goodvibes

Correct-a-mundo. And we don't have to WAIT to be shut down, we can move whenever we hit 250. Last poster, that page, starts the new thread.

Got the kitchen all cleaned up this morning (at the crack of dawn), so I think I'll go mess it up and make a ham and cheese omlette....oh, and I have one leftover KFC bisuit to go with it....yummmmmmmmm.....

Guess we aren't going out to breakfast, that is what happens when one sister gets up at the crack o dawn and the other sleeps in. Wonder when she'll be ready for lunch???

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!

I bet you are getting all excited in your planning, Jackie keeps me up to date so I know and still feel a part of the plans. I am so happy for all of you.

Just popped in to say "hey"!:lovestruc

You know when my grandfather was in his final years he was still driving. It scared the heck out of me not only because I was afraid he would die in a crash but also because I worried he would take others with him! I offered to drive him to Doctors appointments and little by little just sort of took over his driving places. I had to kind of force my way in at first since he thought he was fine. He was well over 80 and should not have been allowed to drive but he kept getting his CA Drivers license. How I have no idea, why they allowed it I have no idea. :confused3

I think I will tell my kids when I am 80 years old they need to hire me a driver or arrange for some sort of ride for me to go places. I do not want to be a menace on the road unknowingly. :scared:

I totally agree. I have a friend who gave her car to a granddaughter when she turned 80.

DH's father is a menace on the road. Has had accidents and damaged his car. He lives alone, far from all his kids and thinks he is immortal.

One sister-in-law and I fear he will not take someone out, he will handicap them for life. She is a special ed preschool teacher and I am a PT. We have seen conditions the rest of the family cannot comprehend.

They all think he is fine. Since we are in-laws there is little we can do. Her husband is financial power of attorney so she can bug him about it. Another brother is medical power of attorney.

DH has no job and is thankful for that. So I keep my mouth shut and pray for the safety of people on the road when FIL is driving.

aargh! just got around to watching last week's "Lost" and stupid tivo didn't tape the whole thing (I know you'd think I'd have learned my lesson after AI last week). can someone tell me what happened after Sayid went to the vet clinic, it cut out right after someone said take off your shirt.

either pm me or write it in white.

thanks!

I PM'd you.

Anyway, because there are so few kids on board, we will most likely also get to have scheduled "adult" time in the Oceaneer Lab so we can make Flubber, draw pictures, paint the gel pictures with characters and do the scientist thing with the clothes washer soap.

Okay, that's my thoughts!

I so want to do this. The two sessions they had on the 11 night SC were at 5:00 PM or so and we ate at 6:00 PM so never got to go. This time we have a late seating so maybe the timing will be better. :banana: :thumbsup2 :yay: :dance3:

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter